The Demon Slayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, was I approved? I'm not sure now. Sorry.

So, how many characters per person? I have plans...

So, @Lykaon, think we could flesh this world out a little bit through some worldbuilding?

Do you already have an idea of how the world looks? It's obviously an Earth analog, for example, are the continents the same? Similar?

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
URuU32K.png

"Can you defeat the mighty Sun Wukong?"

Name:
Sun Wukong

Motivation:
She wishes to prove to her mentor that she is the greatest warrior who ever lived.

Personality:
Wukong may be good at heart, but she is really mischievious and crafty. The only one who really has authority over her is her mentor, Xuanzang. She hates rules and doesn't like listening to orders, although she will. The only orders she fully follows are her own instincts.
She is a friendly individual, and if you treat her good, she'll do the same back to you. If you wreck a city, she'll wreck you hard, if you know what I mean. She prefers to play around and evade than to actually fight, and her usual fighting style - jump on opponents and get them to hit themselves.
She is said to be wild and wreckless, while still being a cunning thinker.

Weapons:
Prior to obtaining Jingu Bang, she has used her fists only.

Powers:
She has trained well to acquire peak human capabilities one would expect from a man about 4 times her size and muscle mass.
Her enhanced physique allows her to perform many feats, such as flight-like jumping, physical attacks that can blow even the heaviest demons backwards by metres, swift speeds that could produce afterimages, and enhanced senses, akin to an animal.
She has skill in martial arts.
She has also learnt an odd martial art that allows her to take the shape of 72 creatures, from insects to beasts, then fight like these beasts. However, her abilities do not cause her clothes to adapt, and as such, she tends to end up naked when transforming back.

Artifact:
Ruyi Jingu Bang - A magical pole that is capable of extending, retracting, bending like a whip, and of course, slamming down really hard. Useful for negation, evasion and offense. It can only be lifted by the warrior(s) it has chosen. In this case, a brave warrior who has proven to kill the immortal dragon demon Aoguang alone. He practically drops items of varying effects each time someone solo-kills him. The only other person who attempt this feat is Wukong's rival Nezha.
Like all other weapons from Aoguang's demise, it grants flight as long as one holds on to it.
It can come to her when she calls it.
It has the ability to act as an Inventory Capsule. The Ruyi Jingu Bang stores many items Wukong will need, including spare clothes in case she loses them. This appears to be done via a pocket dimension.

Strengths:
She is very persistent and dare I say, cunning. Her cunning traits are what lead to her defeating Aoguang.

Weaknesses:
Her arrogance tends to get to her head, and she might underestimate opponents at times.

Appearance:
Wukong is 1.6 metres tall, which is tall for her age. She is fair skin and wears boots during battle. Her outfit is as depicted.

Bio:
Wukong never knew her real parents. Her mentor, Xuanzang, was like a parent to her. She, alongside a few others, trained under Xuanzang as warriors, martial artists. Her two other friends were Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing. They could not bear to part when they were ready to head their seperate paths as lone warriors, when the time came not to learn from their master, but to learn from themselves. Each of them wanted to prove to Xuanzang that they could grow into true warriors. In other words - a journey alone.
At some point in her journey, Wukong found the fiendish tyrant dragon demon Aoguang doing evil deeds in a village, picking on the innocent and stealing the supplies and food for himself. Wukong could not stand for this, and proceeded to confront Aoguang. While she escaped and ran away the first few tries due to Aoguang's sheer, magnificent power, the final try involved her outsmarting Aoguang, since her delay allowed Aoguang's body to grow, hence allowing her to jump onto Aoguang and cause him to miss her, resulting in him inflicting damage upon himself. With that, she defeated Auguang and obtained the divine weapon Ruyi Jingu Bang.​

Last edited:
A female and human version of sun Wukong? Aight.

And this world is pretty much meant to be our world. Geographically speaking.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
I thought we were in China.

Yeah, my bio might be more Cu Chulainn though, since I have to reduce Wukong's impervious nature

We are In China. But the other continents and such are there. China is a big place.

Well, I have plans to make a Xuanwu. If Demons are evil spirits, are there good spirits?

Yeah. Many "demons" start out much like they were in life, but time then twists and corrupts them.

Yeah. Many "demons" start out much like they were in life, but time then twists and corrupts them.

I was thinking of non-demon spirits...

@Lykaon

I had to nerf Wukong but I tried to keep her abilities mythologically accurate. All good.

Alright, I don't want too many characters so I have to choose between just one of these boyz:
Xuanwu(demon)
Nezha(Slayer)
Aoguang(demon)
Jiangshi(demon)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.