The Demon Slayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Name: Baozhai Guan

Motivation: Adventure, Freedom and the Finer Things

Personality: Constantly inebriated, Baozhai is usually in a relaxed an fluid state, and generally seems to be a happy and carefree person. She enjoys the company of others, especially her comrades.

Weapons: None.

Powers: Baozhai is able to manipulate her opium smoke, or any other smoke, haze or mist for that matter, and then use it to fight against the demons. These can be used to subdue, or even a method to lethally choke or poison. Her most favorite and commonly used tactic is to increase the potency of her opium smoke, to the point that it quickly incapacitates. Her powers are also obviously apt for subterfuge and evasion, easily creating smokescreens.

Artifact: "Terrapin Pipe" - Legend tells of a terrapin with a magical spoon, able to reproduce any soup it touches, forever keeping a man from hunger. This pipe has a similar quality, and is used by Baozhai to smoke copious amounts of opium, both for the simple sake of pleasure, and to fuel her magic.

Strengths: "Wise and Coy" - Baozhai is known as an intelligent girl, and often knows how to work a situation to her favor.

Weaknesses: "Opium Addiction" - Baozhai is highly addicted to opium, and is subsequently a somewhat lackadaisical person, inclined to leisurely laying about and talking the day away. The addiction has also slowed her wit to an extent, though she is still sharper than most.

Bio: Baozhai was born and raised in a small village in a mountain pass, about a two days walk north east of Xian. Like most small villages of the era, hers was periodically troubled by demons. Some were but a nuisance, tricking and misleading the townsfolk, but usually posing no bigger threat than a waste of time. Others, though, would prove to be more destructive, and often times the villagers themselves would be attacked and killed, or they would find their homes and fields burnt and destroyed. When she was still young, her father styed himself a "Demon Hunter", but he was not trained in the ways of combat, and was soon slain. Her mother, sick with grief, took her own life, leaving young Baozhai to make a life for herself. Taking her parents house and small field as her own, she soon had an idea that would bring her from her dire situation to greener pastures. She decided to grow a new yet taboo crop she had been hearing about, said to be very valuable, prized by vendors in in Xian; opium.

Years later, Baozhai had become fairly wealthy through her dealings in Xian, and decided to finally move to more a splendiferous setting, and so settled in Xian, procuring a decently sized villa on the hill. Over time, her time in the smoke dens and ale houses saw her meeting all sorts of people, including many who called themselves "Demon Slayers". First, she mocked them, retelling her fathers foolish foray into the field. As she spoke with them, though, she began to hear of glory and adventure, gold and pleasure. Now, boastful Demon Slayers are either liars, dead, or exceptionally good at what they do, and liars don't last long in these circles. Once she'd seen the men who told these tales enough to discern their truthfulness, she decided to join them on their adventures, looking for more fun than she could find in the smoke dens. After a few years of following along with her adopted comrades, she found ways to harness magic in ways many find difficult; she can manipulate smoke and haze with ease, and though this ability is obviously not the most combatively inclined, she has proven to be a more than capable component of a team of Demon Slayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Enchanted sword. She carries a large broad sword at her hip at all times. She has named it Wind, because the enchantment allows her to handle it as though it were as light as air.

If the sword acts light as air to everyone it will be much less effective, a large portion of the damage a weapon delivers comes from its weight. Basically, the speed of your swing combined with the weight of the blade is what makes them powerful, which is why if I hit you with a broom handle it would be much less effective than hitting you with a crowbar, even if I swung at the same speed.

Well done on your characters, folks. Looking fantastic so far.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
If the sword acts light as air to everyone it will be much less effective, a large portion of the damage a weapon delivers comes from its weight. Basically, the speed of your swing combined with the weight of the blade is what makes them powerful, which is why if I hit you with a broom handle it would be much less effective than hitting you with a crowbar, even if I swung at the same speed.
Yes, I understand the science behind using a sword. I apologize, I misspoke. It is light as air to her, to anyone else it feels just like a heavy iron broadsword hitting you.

I interpret it as, the weapon is actually very heavy, only it's wielder is unaffected by it's weight. The one holding it, specifically.

Or, if you want to be extra certain, you can just have the weapon bound to her. That way only she isn't affected.

Edit: Aha, there we go.

Reactions: emmalee.dreamer
I was just providing some constructive criticism.

@Lykaon, I (for some reason) didn't expect the Chinese themed characters, so to make my less out of place I made a couple edits to their bio which I colored orange.

Lol Don't worry about it, dood. I'm not enforcing the Chinese characters. It just happens to take place in china.

It's going to be interesting, seeing knights in plate mail fighting alongside the likes of Baozhai.

Lol Don't worry about it, dood. I'm not enforcing the Chinese characters. It just happens to take place in china.
I knew the demons were based on Chinese mythology, but you neglected to mention this was actually taking place in China (at least that I saw). I thought this was taking place in a vague, medieval fantasy world.

Yeah, I admittedly hadn't thought about that. My bad.

I would prefer a mixture of the two. I think that would be pretty dang cool.
I knew the demons were based on Chinese mythology, but you neglected to mention this was actually taking place in China (at least that I saw). I thought this was taking place in a vague, medieval fantasy world.

I'm perfectly content with other cultures being included. Has a lot of potential

So, so far we have:

A duel katana wielding sword dancer (Luna Lovegood: F-22)

A newly corrupted soul who can kick decent ass, but is a bit emo (Alradur Chiapet: M-20)

A Pyromacer who is constantly sweaty and smelly, crammed in a suit of sweaty, smelly armor (Sammeal the Stench: M-20's)

A goodie-two-shoes of an anime priest (Jin Xiu: M-18)

And a lazy, opium addicted business woman who probably has syphilis (Baozhigh Guan: F-26)

Shaping up to be pretty interesting!

So, so far we have:

A duel katana wielding sword dancer (Luna Lovegood: F-22)

A newly corrupted soul who can kick decent ass, but is a bit emo (Alradur Chiapet: M-20)

A Pyromacer who is constantly sweaty and smelly, crammed in a suit of sweaty, smelly armor (Sammeal the Stench: M-20's)

A goodie-two-shoes of an anime priest (Jin Xiu: M-18)

And a lazy, opium addicted business woman who probably has syphilis (Baozhigh Guan: F-26)

Shaping up to be pretty interesting!
Huh....when did her last name become Lovegood. -blinks- I actually realize how like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter she is...now I don't want to use her. @.@' ugh...

• Love
Lol he was just parodying her name. If you want to change your character, you may.

well no I don't particularly want to change her I like her I just realized how similar she is...

I think I gotta get in on this.

Name: Kareth of Lendrihall

Motivation: Money

Personality: Kareth is gruff and difficult to get along with, but if you manage to make friends with him, he's a loyal comrade. He's much more sociable when drunk, but not necessicarily nicer.

Weapons: Kareth posseses a longsword, a dirk, a dagger, a cavalry spear and an axe. He also wears an iron breastplate, bracers and greaves (chest, forearms and shins) and a chainmail shirt.

Powers: Kareth is skilled and highly experienced in warfare, and what he lacks in style, he makes up for in simple brutal efficency.

Strengths: Kareth is good at fighting and little else. He is a competent hunter and can survive in the wilderness. He also is experienced in command and strategy. He is surprisingly good at chess.

Weaknesses: Kareth has a bit of a drinking problem. He's smart enough to know that drinking on the job is hazardous to your health, but whenever he isn't, he's often found at the nearest wineshop or tavern.

Appearance:
photo.jpg

(Except he isn't a blacksmith and knows little about that trade.)

Bio: Kareth was a baseborn squire to the Knight of Lendrihall, a small, inconsequential feif. When the crusades were called, Lendrihall sent it's only knight with his squire to wage war in the Holy Lands. Kareth's master died en route, and so he donned his master's armor and took his place within the crusading armies. There, he made a name for himself, eventually being named to command of a group of other knights, leading them to great success.

However, the ferocity and hypocrisy of the fighting wore upon him, so that by the time it ended, he had no desire to remain. He wandered east, fighting as a bandit or mercenary until he reached the alien land of the Middle Kingdom. Penniless and desparate, he learned of Demon Slaying. He made a small name for himself after slaying a few minor demons and realized that it would provide more stable employment than mercenary work or banditry.

Status
Not open for further replies.