The Deadric Wager - {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raimei: Though it's fine if you want to include your character's backstory in your post(though it really is better left to your character form), once you finish editing, could you put your backstory prologue within spoiler tags seperate from your present-day events post?

That way it doesn't stretch the page with a wall of text but you can still keep it there, and some others can choose to forego reading it if they don't want to and only focus on the present-day events of your post, without having to look for where one starts and another ends :)

Thank you

Oh my God's! Yay. One more question, may I have two characters?

That's fine if you want :3 Just make sure to have read everything on the front page ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

nzeudj.jpg

"A sneak thief always looks for a way to perfect her craft"
Name: Nphyie Orelious
Alias:
Shadows Nightmare
Race: Dark Elf
Sub-Race: Serpenthropy(Curses}
Birthplace/Hometown/city/region: Morrowind
Residence: Ragged Flagon/ Riften

Alliance/Faction: Thieves Guild/Nightingales.
Superiors?: Nocturnal
Allies: the two other Nightingales,Thieves Guild.
Enemies: Any who oppose Nocturnal, Any who seek to destroy the Thieves Guild, and Any who seek to stop her.
Reason for Alliance/Joining: When she was only 12 Nphyie lost her family to vampires while on a routine excursion of a ancient tomb. Nphyie was then sent to the orphanage in Riften. Not liking it there she ran away and ended up in the Ratway until Brynjolf found her and gave her a chance to earn her stay. At the young age of 16 she officially joined the Thieves guild after years of work and dedication to her new family. Due to her already sneaky nature Nphyie excelled and was soon targeted by the Deadric Prince Nocturnal at the age of 21,for selection as a Nightingale. With her serpent curse along with the powers of Nocturnal Nphyie soon became the best Nightingale, not that Nocturnal would admit that.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Romantic Relations: Ha! None
Familial Relations: None anymore
Friends: They are only a weakness
Enemies: Everyone, mostly Vampires and Imperials.
Servants/Followers/Housecarls/Underlings: Two other Nightingales.
Pets/Animal Followers: Ice Wolf

Mastered Skills/Specialties: Stealth, Archery, Lockpick, and One-Handed.
Proficient Skills: Destruction, Heavy Armor, Illusion, Conjuration, Speech, and lockpick
Main Weapon(s): Daedric Bow, 2 Ebony Daggers,1 Orchish War Axe.
Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Nightingale Bow, lockpicks, Mace of Molag Bal, Nightengale Blade.
Armor: Nightingale Armor{Boots, Gauntlets and Hood}, Ebony Mail{From Boethiah}
Clothing: Whatever she can find that is needed.
Accessories: Ring Of Namira.

Other Inventory: Health Potions, Stamina Potions, Magic Potions, Frostbite venom, Ice Wraith Essence, Soul Gems, Black Soul Gems.

Powers/Special Abilities/Curses: Her Serpenthropy is the result of master Telvanni wizard,Neloth's experiments when she was a child. She now has the ability to transform her lower half into that of a large snake and her saliva glands were changed to be filled with venom that she is immune to but others will become disoriented from. Her skin is also thicker due to the scale like layer that was added.
Power Drawbacks/Limitations: Daedric and Dragon weapons can rip away her scales,Other weapons can pierce her scales but it takes a little more time to rip them away completely. She losses a little of her fire resistance due to the snake blood that runs through her veins. Her stamina is less and regenerates slower during the afternoon hours when the sun is high. She has also developed a slight allergic reaction when she comes into contact with alot of silver and gold. With her venom she can only use it twice a day so she is very careful about when she uses it, after the two times she has to let it refill in her system.
Fighting Style: Stealth but if forced she will go brute and run into the middle of a battle.
Weaknesses: Extreme cold will drain her stamina fast,frost will wound her more and also extreme heat can damage her more. While her venom is restoring Nphyie is slightly weaker due to the fact that her body is working hard, this means she relies on stealth more then anything,should she have to fight hand to hand or with a weapon she tries to finish it quickly, if not she becomes winded and slower.
Personality: Quiet and keeps to herself most of the time. Most of the time she can be found in shady corners of Inns or the courts of jarls just watching and listening. She is also extremely loyal to Nocturnal and will do whatever to preserve her name.
History: The daughter of two highly successful merchants Nphyie had anything she wanted but that only made her rebel more. Her parents were away on business a lot so Nphyie found other ways to keep herself entertained which meant most of the time breaking into forbidden areas of her peoples city. One day she broke into Neloth's study and interrupted his experiment. Becoming interested she told him she would make up for her interruption by becoming his protege. He soon found a spell he wanted to try but it ended up altering her blood forever. Soon her parent's moved her to Riften she was outraged but made the best of it by once again causing more trouble.

During one trip when Nphyie went with her parent's so she could see more of Skyrim her caravan was attacked by Vampires and everyone was slaughtered except little Nphyie who managed to use her stealth abilities to stay hidden in a hole in the ground. When they had been fought off the Riften guards found her and took her to the orphanage...the rest is history....or is it?
Other/Additional: She rarely takes off her Armor.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so since we have eight players, I'll be closing applications so no new people will be joining.

Rainbowwave, you're still free to create your characters since you arrived before I made the announcement, but after you, I won't be taking any new players in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. That covers all four of the main guilds, with two more character applications coming from Rainbowwave.

What are Nphyie's connections to Molag Bal, Boethiah, and Namira?

Another thing, who among you would be interested to play the NPC's on either the Stormcloaks'(Ulfric, Galmar) and the Legion(Tulius, Legate)?

I have no problem playing them as needed(though I'll be the first to admit, I haven't spend much time doing the war storylines. I've played part of the Legions' on one character, and none of the Stormcloak's on any characters, so forgive me if I'm not the best at portraying them) but I thought it a good idea to ask if anyone else has an interest in playing them, at least for this first meeting scene.

I can try and play Tulius, but I'm with you, I've only done the war quest line once.

I've given some thought to RPing Tulius for this meeting since his goals wouldn't conflict with the goals of my character in this instance, but I'd probably have to do some research first.

If no one wants to play one or the other, worst case scenario, I'll have to make a character and play through some of either questline that no one else either knows or is comfortable with playing. I just don't want to be playing both lol

I mean the thought occurred to me to play Tullius for the meeting a few days ago and I've thought about it occasionally since then. I'd just have to watch some youtube videos and such first, because my copy of Skyrim is in another state and I don't remember it well enough.

That's fine. Well since I have two volunteers for Tulius, I guess that leaves Ulfric XD So if no one else plays him for the RP, I can make do with playing him if it comes down to that.

@Raimei: Though it's fine if you want to include your character's backstory in your post(though it really is better left to your character form), once you finish editing, could you put your backstory prologue within spoiler tags seperate from your present-day events post?

That way it doesn't stretch the page with a wall of text but you can still keep it there, and some others can choose to forego reading it if they don't want to and only focus on the present-day events of your post, without having to look for where one starts and another ends :)

Thank you

Ohh k, no problem ;) Is it okay if I make the text smaller instead of spoilers? I don't really mind it's just that I dislike the look of the Spoilers here.

@Nyxie: Accepted :3
isnt that char kinda OP? 3 or 5 daedric artifacts depending on whether you define the nightingale weapons as artifacts, 4 daedric weapons, meaning somehow she obtained the hearts of 4 daedras, proficient or acceptable in almost every skill, somehow got the gauldur amulet, has a pretty much unlimited supply of paralysing venom, she became a nightingale perhaps just after the age of 12, and she's only 21 now. Also her weaknesses are a 'slight allergic reaction to silver and gold'. Im sorry but either this needs to be toned down or im using it as an excuse to go all out vampire demon. At least mine's effectively decomposing during the day and although untested will take serious damage from silver, blessed or cold iron weapons.

Reactions: 2 people
Also I can probably do some Ulfric if you need me to. im about as racist IRL so... :P

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.