The Deadric Wager - {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Status
Not open for further replies.
little tip. If you are no longer accepting characters, request that your banner be removed from the ad circulation. Having your banner there simply decreases the chance that anyone else's rp will be seen by that much, and serves no purpose since you don;t want more characters, and thus have no need for advertisement anymore.

isnt that char kinda OP? 3 or 5 daedric artifacts depending on whether you define the nightingale weapons as artifacts, 4 daedric weapons, meaning somehow she obtained the hearts of 4 daedras, proficient or acceptable in almost every skill, somehow got the gauldur amulet, has a pretty much unlimited supply of paralysing venom, she became a nightingale perhaps just after the age of 12, and she's only 21 now. Also her weaknesses are a 'slight allergic reaction to silver and gold'. Im sorry but either this needs to be toned down or im using it as an excuse to go all out vampire demon. At least mine's effectively decomposing during the day and although untested will take serious damage from silver, blessed or cold iron weapons.
*rubs temple* Yeah, that's what I get apparently accepting things when it's like, 2 am my time(as they say, everything looks good at 2 am XD)

Anyone in Summerset? I wanna interact.
Isn't Summerset all the way down by Valenwood in southern Tamriel? 0.o Like, opposite side of the map from Skyrim?
Unless you're thinking of Solstheim?

Anyway, most of the characters are going to be in Whiterun in Skyrim(except for maybe Raitongu or State of Bedlam's characters, but that all depends on where they want to be), so I'm not sure why your character would be in Summerset?

Also I can probably do some Ulfric if you need me to. im about as racist IRL so... :P
Hey, if that works for you, then sure XD

Last edited by a moderator:
*rubs temple* Yeah, that's what I get apparently accepting things when it's like, 2 am my time(as they say, everything looks good at 2 am XD)

Isn't Summerset all the way down by Valenwood in southern Tamriel? 0.o Like, opposite side of the map from Skyrim?

Anyway, most of the characters are going to be in Whiterun in Skyrim(except for maybe Raitongu or State of Bedlam's characters, but that all depends on where they want to be), so I'm not sure why your character would be in Summerset?

Wait.. wasn't this based on ES Online? Garsh darnit. Ok, my char is near/in Windhelm. Logically word would be sent of a living Snow Elf, to Dragonsreach, perhaps?

Wait.. wasn't this based on ES Online? Garsh darnit. Ok, my char is near/in Windhelm. Logically word would be sent of a living Snow Elf, to Dragonsreach, perhaps?
ESO is based on a war between the Almeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact, and Daggerfall Covenant across all of Tamriel and focuses on Cyrodill, not just Skyrim, in the 2nd(?) Era. Totally different timeline from Skyrim.

Skyrim is the war between the Legion and Stormcloaks lol

So not sure why it would be assumed that it was based on ESO? Nothing in the very first post even eludes to that

ESO is based on a war between the Almeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact, and Daggerfall Covenant.
Skyrim is the war between the Legion and Stormcloaks lol

So not sure why it would be assumed that it was based on ESO? Nothing in the very first post even eludes to that

I do apologize, most likely due to my recent tiredness. Oh well, sorted now ;)
So, word sent from Windhelm to Whiterun seems logical, does it not? Your char (or someone elses) is in Dragonsreach, correct?

I do apologize, most likely due to my recent tiredness. Oh well, sorted now ;)
So, word sent from Windhelm to Whiterun seems logical, does it not? Your char (or someone elses) is in Dragonsreach, correct?
The characters' meeting of the Legion, Stormcloak, and four major guild leaders is in Whiterun, yes. Ulfric would be coming from Windhelm, since that is basically his base of operations, so she could have possibly followed or traveled with them to arrive in Whiterun?(Maybe not happily on Ulfric's part since he's sort of anti-everything-that-isn't-Nord-in-Skyrim and especially against Elves though, but the whole "strength/protection in numbers" and all that)

The characters' meeting of the Legion, Stormcloak, and four major guild leaders is in Whiterun, yes. Ulfric would be coming from Windhelm, since that is basically his base of operations, so she could have possibly followed or traveled with them to arrive in Whiterun?(Maybe not happily on Ulfric's part since he's sort of anti-everything-that-isn't-Nord-in-Skyrim and especially against Elves though, but the whole "strength/protection in numbers" and all that)
Oh! She could be taken prisoner and brought to Whiterun! Would that work?

(Be back in 8 hours, going to bed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nyxie: Please clarify on age when she joined the Thieves Guild and when she became a Nightingale.

Also, you have seven skills as mastered. I'd like to say, maybe only have four mastered skills, five at the very most if there's another one of those you simply CAN'T live without. The others can go in with Proficient Skills.

You can keep one Deadric weapon, but the rest have to be changed to something else, such as Ebony/Glass/Orc weapons or something

Also, your post says "Deadric and Dragon weapons can rip away her scales"; does that mean no other weapons can pierce/"rip away" her scales/body armor? If so, please change that to something like "All sharp blades can pierce/rip away her scales", with maybe the exception to daggers. Other large creatures like Dragons and Chaurus can be pierced by such weapons(though take less damage from lower-rank weapons of course), which are considered to have incredibly tough skin/natural armor, so your character can be pierced by blades too regardless of having tougher skin.

As for the venom, put a limit on it. It can be considered a racial ability, so perhaps limit it's use to once/one target per day before she runs out of her venom and has to produce more over time?

I'd also like to see more on the weaknesses. Her being more of a target as a Nightingale is more of an inconvenience than a weakness, since it can't actually be taken advantage of, you understand? A weakness is something that can be exploited to defeat or harm the person, not a reason to attack them. I like where you were going with the idea of the cold affecting her stamina because of her reptillian blood/curse, so maybe build a bit more on that, such as her becoming fatigued quickly the colder the climate(and Skyrim has some very cold areas!), so perhaps she isn't suited to drawn-out battles, only short ones which are ended quickly? That could get her into some really tricky spots when facing off against stronger opponents like larger groups of enemies, giants, trolls, or snow bears/sabres, and of course, dragons(especially if they're ice dragons!)

'Prisoner once more'

The sound of dripping water alerted Dakiin's pointed ears, the Pale Elf awoke to see a set of rusted iron bars blocking her path. She sat up, pressing her hands on the cold stone floor which was covered in a thin layer of hay. A guard had noticed her movement and walked over to her cell.

"Where am I?" She looked up, an all too serious expression on her pale face.

"Windhelm Prison. Underneath the King's Halls." The guard gave a slight chuckle, crossing his arms and looking down at her.

"What is to happen to me? Why am I here?" Dakiin questioned him further, standing up now and leaning on the back wall of her cell. A narrow, also barred window let in a small ray of sunlight.

"We don't know yet, that is up to Ulfric."

"Ulfric?"

"Ulfric Stormcloak, the High King of Skyrim!"

Dakiin sighed, the last time she was here there was talk of a Monarchy forming, how many years had it been? She shook her head softly. She'd never know, and it was best not to ask here.

Pounding, rushed footsteps made the snow elf jump, now looking towards the entrance in a cautious manner. A man, presumably Ulfric, stormed through the door, looking at Dakiin with eyes of steel. "That thing is to be transported to Whiterun along with the rest of us for further questioning! Cuff it and drag it to the cart!" The man shouted, pointing and continuing to make drastic actions before leaving. The guard opened her cell and put her in handcuffs, grabbing the chain in between her hands and using it to half-pull half-drag her upstairs, through the halls and outside. She was met by a mix of laughter and booing as she got to the carts, crowds gathered nearby to wish Ulfric well. The elf was sat on the last cart, her hands bound and her mouth tied. She hoped this wouldn't be her end. But the chances of her living now were slim, she had escaped death once already.

Hours later, the carts had made it to Whiterun, luckily the crowds here weren't told whatever they were at Windhelm, they remained quest as Ulfric and his team tied up their horses. Dakiin was dragged once more by a guard, they walked through the town and upstairs to what they called 'Dragonsreach'. Entering the doors, Dakiin took a deep breath, anxious now. From the looks of things the Stormcloak party was last to enter, since no more were coming up the steps. She looked back before being dragged through the doors.

Now in presence of the others, the Guards decided to kick her down, she made a slight squal of pain as they kicked at her knees, then moved to beating her shoulders. Why were they doing this? There was no need to. It was a mere display of domination. Dakiin was beginning to hate these Stormcloaks more and more. The rest of the guests, now seated, watched too.

As passionately as I am opposed to the Stormcloaks and in support of the empire, I think their racism and Ulfric's is being majorly overplayed here. They're a morally ambiguous, nuanced faction, not puppy-kicking-ly evil thugs. The maliciousness of the Windhelm citizens is being overplayed as well. I'm going to wait and see what The Great Me! thinks before posting anything. I'd be happy to RP Ulfric as well myself if need be.

Yeah...I was going to say something, I was just trying to figure out how to say it. Handling it now privately.

Anyway, State of Bedlam, you can keep what you're doing with Tulius.

Raitoningu, if you still want to play Ulfric, I'll hand the reigns for him over to you for now. It'll give you something to work with to get/stay involved until Alkroz makes his appearance ^^

Thank you. Since I was the next logical person to post (Tullius ought to be outraged at Ulfric's unexpected arrival), I felt I had a responsibility to speak my mind immediately. I meant no disrespect whatsoever to Raimei, and I hope no offense was taken. I dislike giving criticism.

It's fine. I totally understand the reasons for saying something, but it's being handled now.

Anyway, as far as Tulius goes and his reaction, I'd say just wait until Raitoningu has a chance to respond using Ulfric. They won't intersect until the Stormcloaks' group has made it to Dragon's Reach anyway since Tulius has already arrived.

Going to be one Hell of a party though XD

Wooh free control of the second best nord in the game! This should be fun given i'm an imperial sympathiser.

I think Imma bail..

Posts deleted etc, see y'all later.

NOOOOOO now how am i going to do character development on a thousand year old vampire who has no emotional regard for living creatures?

Well.. I've deleted my posts n stuff now..

Any way to recover posts? If so, I'll come back. If not, bye.

isnt that char kinda OP? 3 or 5 daedric artifacts depending on whether you define the nightingale weapons as artifacts, 4 daedric weapons, meaning somehow she obtained the hearts of 4 daedras, proficient or acceptable in almost every skill, somehow got the gauldur amulet, has a pretty much unlimited supply of paralysing venom, she became a nightingale perhaps just after the age of 12, and she's only 21 now. Also her weaknesses are a 'slight allergic reaction to silver and gold'. Im sorry but either this needs to be toned down or im using it as an excuse to go all out vampire demon. At least mine's effectively decomposing during the day and although untested will take serious damage from silver, blessed or cold iron weapons.
If you remember correctly if you end up at the shrine of Mehrune Dagon there is the opportunity to fight at least 2-3 Dremora outside and then at least 2 inside the shrine. And the fact that they all have the chance of dropping Deadric hearts. And about the gauldur amulet it is not that hard to do that but I have decided to take that off as it seems a little harsh for you all. I will also up her age to make this all seem more acceptable.

Fixed and ready.

If you remember correctly if you end up at the shrine of Mehrune Dagon there is the opportunity to fight at least 2-3 Dremora outside and then at least 2 inside the shrine. And the fact that they all have the chance of dropping Deadric hearts. And about the gauldur amulet it is not that hard to do that but I have decided to take that off as it seems a little harsh for you all. I will also up her age to make this all seem more acceptable.

Oh yeah I know that's easy to do i've made many a ravage health potion out of them, but my point is that the character is the DRAGONBORN when that happens. They own the mage, thief and assassins guilds. They have the 4 hardest to kill people in the whole of skyrim behind them, and depending on whether or not they killed parthunaax, they are friends with every dragon in skyrim. I don't even go there for hearts anymore i just go there for the enchanted boots which sell for loads and regenerate quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.