The Dawn of New El'yssi- Sign-ups - Exploration Fantasy

Do you plan on making/have a sheet in progress?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tsu

Original poster
| Interest Check | Main Thread |

Elyssi_banner.jpg

The Guild of El'yssi

The Synopsis

For centuries on end, the human race has survived and evolved past the harsh realities defined by mother nature. Across this time, many species have come and gone; however, it stands true that our kind remains paramount in light of the world that we know. It is without a doubt that our finest accomplishment has been the colonization of the four continents which define the realm of El'yssi. Yet even with such feats bestowed upon our species, we remain but an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of the unknown.

Five percent.

This is the fraction of the world that has been documented across the six great nations of the four continents.There exist thousands upon thousands of species ranging from mere bacteria to the greatest of beasts which roam our land, yet all of this remains but a meaningless feat, To some, the prospect of such triviality is a fearful thought; however, for many, the fantasy of the unknown spurs a greater sense of purpose.

Glory...Fame...Wealth...Knowledge...Decades of expeditions into the unknown have been fueled by the conflicting passions of great figures from our past. Yet in light of such differential purpose, a single emotion has remained consistent across the generations of our kind. This emotion is curiosity. It was curiosity which gave us purpose to explore the world that we now come to know; it is curiosity which spurs us back to the time of our ancestors as we wonder the origin of our kind; it is curiosity which forces us to look ahead and wonder what potential awaits us still; it is curiosity which forges the key to Pandora's Box and lights the torch for our journey into the darkness.
------------

Roleplay Information

All elements of this roleplay are contained within the Wikia. This is on purpose since the Wikia acts as a database for the plethora of information ranging from flora, fauna, items, and more. The goal of this role-play is a unique experience that borrows elements from dice RPGs and the unique allure of exploration. All participants in this role-play will be recent Explorers accepted into the Guild. The characters will be divided into teams, and together, they will study and learn the foundations of exploration before journeying across El'yssi for a grand adventure. Players of this role-play will be encouraged to utilize their creativity in developing the lore of the world through their characters and the fantastical sandbox which surrounds them.

This role-play utilizes a secondary OOC through the Skype client. It is not mandatory to join this OOC; however, it is a quicker alternative for roleplay questions and planning. Furthermore, getting to the know and regularly interact with your cast is always a fun experience. By joining this OOC, you understand that all rules of Iwaku still apply and failure to follow will result in immediate dismissal from the chat.
If you wish to join, click on this link: Join conversation

Last edited by a moderator:
What should new characters expect?
The Dawn of New El'yssi is the direct sequel to the El'yssi Chronicles which began with a short term roleplay (The Guild of El'yssi) that spanned across a couple of months. It is not required to have participated or known anything about the predecessor, but expect three former players to join any new sign-ups in this new project.

The Dawn of New El'yssi will be a long term experience stretching across several distinct Arcs. With that being said, this role-play is of advanced nature, and players are expected to be capable in both the comprehension of heavy details and the construction of quality posts. If this structure is something you are comfortable with, then please continue reading.

Every year, the Guild calls upon the hopeful adventurers of El'yssi for a grueling Trial in which successful applicants become Explorers of the Guild. Although this is the fastest, primary mode of acceptance, it is not the only way to enter into the illusive organization. For a frighteningly small percentage of the world, there exist private institutions run by the Guild. These institutions are located in Afevresi, Kryorra, and Nothalass; while their purpose is the physical preparation of students whom they deem worthy to be mentored. To enter, a potential applicant first journeys to their nearest branch where they are subject to a Trial of smaller scale. If successful, the applicant becomes an official student of the institution. If the student can survive the grueling physical training, then they are accepted as official explorers of the Guild.

All new applicants to this role-play will originate from this background. In your history, you should incorporate the following information in addition to your character's background:
  • Which Institution your character was trained in.
  • For what purpose your character journeyed to the institution, and why your character wishes to be an explorer of the Guild.
For the actual role-play, we will be beginning shortly after the official annual Trials. Thus, any new characters will be joining the old cast and subsequently will be on relatively equal stat footing with old.

Finally, if you have any questions about the lore, please let me know. Creativity is heavily encouraged in this role-play, so do not feel limited if your idea does not exist seemingly exist in the existing content. You are given a wide range of freedom. As long as an idea fits the thematic of the world and does not suffer Gary/Mary sue elements, it will likely be accepted. All that I ask is you check in with me before Contributing personal ideas to the Wikia.

Thanks and have fun!

-----------------

Character Sheet
Name
Character Information

Forename:
Surname:

Appearance:

Personality:
History:

Trinity Arts
(Please do not complete your stats or skills until your are accepted into the role-play.
Do complete the Orientation section, however.)

Stats
When you are accepted into the roleplay, you will be given a specific number of skill points to allocate yourself. In addition, each skill will have a maximum number of skill points that can be allocated. This maximum will be determined by your orientation, and will gradually increase as your character levels.

[Points to spend: X]
  • Character Level: X
  • Guild Rank: Explorer
  • Guild Quest Rank: E, not eligible for any quests.
  • Heath: Will be provided upon acceptance
  • Force: X, Maximum = X
  • Mind: X, Maximum = X
  • Spirit: X, Maximum = X
  • Stamina: X, Maximum = X

Orientation
To complete this part, first go to the Trinity Arts section of the Wikia. On that page, there exists several images--each of which correlates to the base orientation of each Race. Choose the image that defines your race, then take that image into Paint or a similar program. From there, simply make a mark where you wish for your orientation to lie. This allows me to determine your character's initial and future stat growth. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact me via thread, PM, or Skype.

Skills
Skills are another section to be completed once your are accepted into the roleplay. You have the freedom to design skills that seem fit for your character. That being said, they will be evaluated for balance purposes upon completion. For ideas, please visit the Skill and Trinity Arts section of the Wikia for a better understanding of what to design.

The story so far
Here, a collection of the past will be stored in the form of downloadable text files.

Chapter 1: The Trials of El'yssi

Coming soon

Wonderful. I shall work on my character as soon as I finish up a reply to one of my other rps. ^-^

Cerelia
Cerelia
Character Information

Forename: Cerelia
Surname: Trilou

Appearance:
Cerelia is indeed one to behold. Her skin is a light blue, like the waters in which she has grown up in. It is sleek to the touch, like silk, minus her scaly forearms which resemble the body of a fish. Cerelia's body is lithe, seemingly fragile, however it holds hidden strength. Her hair is a darker shade of blue than her body, with pink ends. She usually wears her hair up in two buns, leaving her bangs to hang around the side of her face and on her forehead. When her hair is let down is falls past her thighs, reaching down to her ankles. Her eyes are a light orange color, really standing out against her blue skin. Instead of ears, she has fins, yet she is still able to hear like any normal person. She stands at short height of 5'4" and weighs only 120 lbs.

Personality:
Stern. Ambitious. Confident. Such are the three main traits in which Cerelia shows to the people around her. She isn't on for half-ass work or slackers and so she pushes those to do the very best work they can. Many would see this as a way of her asserting authority, which she doesn't mind, however the way she was brought up if you slacked off you were punished. Simple as that. Since a young age Cerelia has always wished to succeed and do well for herself. She's always striven to be the best, and has succeeded numerous times because of her strong will. When she realized she could do anything as long as she put her mind to it and worked hard, Cerelia became confident in herself and her abilities. She does not waver in her actions, always doing something with purpose and thinking of it beforehand.

Cerelia is known to be a stubborn one, hearing what others have to say but not easily budging from her decision. If she ever does, it's because the one who was speaking to her was patient with her and did well to show her another way. She puts on a mask of strength, refusing to let others see her weaknesses. As such, she never cries in front of others and does well to hide her fears. Cerelia does so out of fear of someone exploiting her weaknesses and using her flaws against her. She refuses to allow such a thing to happen.

Hidden behind her toughness however lies something sweeter. Deep down Cerelia cares for certain people who she's become close too, allowing them to see her kindness. While it isn't often seen, Cerelia is also a generous one, willing to give up things for the sake of others. Of course, she doesn't do this often, and only will when she finds it utterly necessary or her heart cries for the person. Something rare. Cerelia is a resourceful one, using her creative mind and the surrounding area to help her. Another thing to know about Cerelia is she doesn't ask for help, being the independent one she is. If someone offers, she will say no the first time, however if they insist more, she will give in and agree. There have been times though when she completely refuses, though that only happens when her emotions aren't in the best place. For example, if she's digging around looking for something precious to her she'll refuse all help, consumed by the feelings of needing to find it and grief. She's also rather dutiful, diligent, and loyal, taught by her father.

History:
Born to Mavis and Calypso, Cerelia was an only child. Her mother was one who preferred to live underwater while her father was more fond of the land. Her father worked as a carpenter, constructing amazing vessels. He was strong and powerful, something Cerelia admired in him. He was a kind man, however he was strict and didn't tolerate slacking. As such, he would smack Cerelia if he ever saw or heard her slacking. Such treatment played a big part in who she is today, along with her mothers kindness. She was the very embodiment of grace and generosity. While her father was steel hearted and firm, her mother was caring and gentle. She took great care of Cerelia, bandaging her wounds and kissing her goodnight. Both of them always told her that is she really wanted something, she needed to work hard for it. Cerelia admired her father, being a role model for her and cared greatly for her mother. As such, she wanted to make them proud. To prove to them and the world she could do whatever she wished and be whoever she wanted. With this desire came her want to explore the world. To know what existed beyond the sea and the islands. She wished for knowledge of such things. The people, their way of life, how they fought, etc. It became her sole goal. Not long after she found something to strive for, Cerelia's mother was kidnapped while she was away at school. No one heard anything about it until the day after she was taken when Cerelia found it worrying her mother had not returned after assuming she had just gone out for a bit. Cerelia believes that her mother is still out there and it became another reason for her to explore the world. Along with the knowledge of the world, she could find her mother. With these two desires. Cerelia decided she would explore the world, no matter who tried to stop her.

When Cerelia heard of the trial, she was ecstatic to say the least. To think that if one passed the trial, they could become an Explorer. She dreamed of it. However, she knew of the difficulty of passing. Not one to give up, Cerelia heard of the private institutes run by the guild which mentors the students on physical preparation. To get in however, one had to take a trial. Cerelia was incredibly intrigued and decided she would do so. To learn about the world, and to hopefully find her mother, or at least the person who stole her away. The only thing she has to go off is a handkerchief with a symbol she's never seen before.
Trinity Arts

Stats
When you are accepted into the roleplay, you will be given a specific number of skill points to allocate yourself. In addition, each skill will have a maximum number of skill points that can be allocated. This maximum will be determined by your orientation, and will gradually increase as your character levels.

[Points to spend: 20]​
  • Character Level: 5
  • Heath: Need your stamina to calculate.
  • Force: 6, Maximum = 10
  • Mind: 5, Maximum = 8
  • Spirit: 5, Maximum = 6
  • Stamina: 4, Maximum = 4

Orientation
To be found as a file below the sign up sheet as I couldn't figure out any other way to fit it in. My apologies.

Skills

Ah yes, Martial Arts. The southern Sari, known for their grace and speed. Many see them as less physically combatable, however Cerelia has surpassed such a stereotype. She combines her grace, speed, and power and makes her body a weapon. Her attacks cause a decent ammount of damage, strong enough to knock her enemies down, knock them back a few feet, and cause bleeding. However, she is limited by her stamina and strength. In severe cases, like life or death or herself or others, she can push here limits by instead using her will. It has yet to ever happen, but it's definetely something to remember in future cases. ^-^

Attachments

• Sari_Ink_LI2.jpg
    Sari_Ink_LI2.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 6
@Saralaxy, you are accepted!

[Points to spend: 20]
  • Character Level: 5
  • Heath: Need your stamina to calculate.
  • Force: X, Maximum = 10
  • Mind: X, Maximum = 8
  • Spirit: X, Maximum = 6
  • Stamina: X, Maximum = 4
From here you can distribute your skill points how you would like.
Remember, that every 6 points in a stat (Except Stamina) allows you to learn 1 new skill.

As for designing skills, I recommend coming up with a thematic you wish your character to develop across the roleplay. Based on your current orientation, you are more physical and mind oriented over spirit, so a potential class idea could be something like a "alchemic-blade", someone who develops things with mind, is combat orientated, and has just enough spirit orientation to support itself. Regardless, have fun with it, and if you get any questions let me know.

Also you may change your orientation if you change your mind. Just let me know, so I can adjust your stat maximums. Points will remain the same.

@Tsu I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean by 'alchemic-blade'. Do you mean that she could create a blade using alchemy or did you mean something else? Also, are all her skills suppose to be battle orientated or can you, for example, have one that's acrobatics or tai chi or something like that?

@Tsu I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean by 'alchemic-blade'. Do you mean that she could create a blade using alchemy or did you mean something else? Also, are all her skills suppose to be battle orientated or can you, for example, have one that's acrobatics or tai chi or something like that?
Pay no attention to the term. It was merely a loose classification, for instance a swordsman who was also an alchemist and used potions. My bad on the poor clarification.

In terms of skills, they are determined by the distribution of your points. For instance, if you had 12 Force, 6 Mind, and 4 Spirit, you could have two Force skills and one Mind skill, but couldn't get a Spirit skill until you reached 6 Spirit.

If its a Force skill, then it would be physical oriented. This can include, martial arts, weapon mastery, a physical attack, agility, etc. As long as it involves using the physical body in some way shape or form, then it can happen.

Spirit skills are equivalent to the magic of this world. In your case, South Sari's tend to resolve around water magic. So like Jaker's character, she can cast a wave of pure water that heals and transport characters. Other examples, could be basic water manip, small range freezing, etc.

Mind skills tend to revolve around inventions, research, knowledge, communication, and so forth. They tend to be more on the passive side, rather than active. Examples of these could be Basic Potion Brewing which would develop over time, a charismatic skill, trap creation, etc. Basically, anything that would be more mental would fall under this category.

If tai-chi and acrobatics are up your alley, then a Force, Spirit orientation wouldn't be a bad idea. But also, say you were interested in perhaps being a Florologist who brews medicine, then Mind would also be a good consideration.

All in all, there is a lot of flexibility, and right now doesn't matter as much. Over the course of the rp, you can develop your character as you learn more about the world. This is more or less a general starting point. Also, there will be plenty of time across the arcs to get accustomed with the style and systems of this role-play. In a way, this arc is going to be a somewhat of a tutorial for everyone.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I see! Quite impressive! Thank you for explaining more in depth. I understand better now. I shall get to work on hr skills after I have tended to some things.

Reactions: Tsu
Ah, one thing. So since Cerelia has less than six points for Mind and Spirit, does that mean she has one skill for each or none?

Ah, one thing. So since Cerelia has less than six points for Mind and Spirit, does that mean she has one skill for each or none?
In your current setup, you can have 1 force skill, and 0 others.
Every 6 points = 1 skill, so 6, 12, etc
One more level, and you can easily get more skills though XD
I don't know if I mentioned it, but 1 level = 4 skill points.

Okie! Thanks for explaining to me ^-^ again...

Reactions: Tsu
I'm sure I will! This roleplay seems like it'll be full of new ideas and fun moments! I'm glad to be apart of something like it. Ah, I edited Cerelia's skill. I though I'd start off with something more simplistic and save the more creative things for when she gets stronger. ^-^

I'm sure I will! This roleplay seems like it'll be full of new ideas and fun moments! I'm glad to be apart of something like it. Ah, I edited Cerelia's skill. I though I'd start off with something more simplistic and save the more creative things for when she gets stronger. ^-^
Cerelia Trilou

On this page is your character in the Wikia.
I have updated your health,stats, and skill.
I took your description and translated the skill into a more RPG-ish form. Basically, you can continue to cast the skill until your run out of health or stamina. So since you have 4 stamina, you can cast it 4 times, and it will damage you for 60% of your health. But the damage also stacks making your knock back farther and bleed more.

You won't have to worry about damage calculations unless you want too though. Just know that it costs stamina and health, and tell me how many levels/casts you use in a fight.

Reactions: Saralaxy
Just gonna repost my CS after already being in Arc 1, then. Hopefully we'll get some more players; we've currently got 1 new player and 3 players from the first arc (including myself).

Kula Aolani

"These weren't the trials I was promised. The dream I left my family for. ...If I could go back, I would. But there's nothing left but to go on, is there?"

Character Information
Forename: Kula
Surname: Aolani
Race: Southern Sári
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Appearance: Kula's body is long and slim, and her figure radiates a form of elegance. Her pampered scaled skin is a silvery-grey color that reflects iridescent tones of turquoise in the sunlight. Her head is slightly narrow and well-formed, with a pair of low, long, and droopy fin-like ears, studded with various platinum earrings. A long wrapping of half-transparent, gilded blue silk covers half of her face, hiding her right cheek and right eye. This wrapping appears deliberate, as pulling back the silk reveals a collection of deep and ugly bite scars that coat the right side of her face, likely inflicted by a shark of some sort. She can still see out of her right eye, but it remains in a permanent half-closed manner due to the scars below it. Aside from the covering, the rest of her face is young and pretty. Her lips are long and narrow, with well-set nostril slits above. Her visible eye is wide, and coloured a vibrant bright turquoise. Her deep silver hair is made from various little fin-like spines, studded with rings of gold and silver. After Arc 1, her hands are covered in a strange black 'curse' that reflects no light whatsoever, and a splatter of ugly black goop resides in a splatter on her face as well.

Personality: Kula is a reserved, thoughtful, and well-spoken girl. She prefers to keep her thoughts to herself, though she won't shy away from conversation when approached. She speaks in a very civil tone and her manners are impeccable; whilst she enjoys a nice chat with just about anyone, there are few people she'll truly warm to. She keeps a level head in combat and a focused face, and only the most dire of situations will cause her to lose her cool and run for her life. She dislikes being mocked for her posh manners and speaking style, and can her attitude can turn nasty if she's provoked too much, though she's rare to become truly angry. Her upbringing makes her more used to comfortable environments and having things done for her, though she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and now knows independence. Whilst her curious nature somewhat pushes her to be an explorer, the true reason she's here is on behalf of her family name, and she'll do anything to uphold their expectations.

Personality (After Arc 1): After witnessing the murder of many and being forced to take many lives, Kula's personality has become less trustworthy and open, and it's become more rare for her to take a calm demeanor and speak with the grace sh previously did. After being coated in the black goop that is supposedly a 'curse', Kula lives in constant anxiety of the things that could happen to her, her few allies - particularly Caris - keeping her from potentially breaking down. The family name is just a faint recollection to her now, and now she's willing to act on her own morals instead of thinking what her parents would want best.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
History: Kula was born into the royal and famed Aolani family, where she was the first and oldest daughter to her mother and father, Akela and Haku. Not only are the Aolani thought to possess royal blood, but they are also in charge for a lot of the more expensive exports around the world, such as pearls, rare corals, and most importantly, fish. They own only a few islands of the many inhabited by the Southern Sári, but the Aolani family is still one known by many Sári. Because of this, the Aolani family are proud, doing many things to uphold their family name. They are skilled in the ways of Spirit Arts, using their royal blood and natural talent to control and create water at whim. Though many Sári can do this, some of the Aolani people have set the standard for this in the past.

As Kula grew up into a life of luxury, a lot of things were done for her, though she was expected to be educated daily. Even at a young age, Kula shown the promise of being very intelligent, and even at a young age, she shown promise of using the Spirit Arts. Despite being clever, Kula was a curious child who wanted to explore rather than learn, often climbing out of her lecture room to go and play elsewhere, getting her in quite a bit of trouble. Kula matured quickly as she grew up, but still remained wanting to know more about the outside world.

It was only when Kula was about twelve, when 'The Guild' and the world's hunger for knowledge truly began to spread around the world. Many able people sacrificed life and limb to contribute to the ever-growing knowledge bank of the human race. Her mother and father grew too old by now to go theirselves, but they still wanted to bring fame and honour to the Aolani family by sending in one of theirs to explore. Being the oldest of the three daughters of the Aolani family, Kula was the first to be chosen, expected to learn everything she needed to succeed within The Guild. Her life switched around completely, and whether she was happy about going to The Guild herself was mostly unknown. All she wanted to do was as her mother and father wished, so she agreed to have tutoring in the ways of combat, and learn the basic of Faunology.

Kula's combat tutor was a man named Dex; a warrior of the Northern Sári, hired from far away to teach everything Kula needed to know about strength and weapon handling. Kula disliked her tutor Dex at first, as he often poked fun at her posh and soft nature, and was a tough and unforgiving tutor when it came down to training, pushing Kula to the limit. As time passed, however, Kula understood that Dex truly wanted her to succeed and be strong, and that was why he was such a harsh master. Years passed, and the two grew very close to each other, slowly understanding their ways. Kula had become proficient in using a trident before long, and had even gained enough muscle and acrobatic skill to be decent in Force Arts, though her true skill layed in the Spirit Arts. Because Dex was limited to Force Arts only, Kula often liked to poke fun back at him because of this, often earning herself extra laps across the island.

The time had soon come, however, for a 'Final Assignment' for Kula's training. Her task was to successfully hunt a Mako Shark, a feared beast deep within the ocean, and bring it back under Dex's watch. Kula had prepared all she could, so she was confident about the task, fearlessly heading towards the beast once she'd eventually found it. Her fight with the shark was long, and her graceful and strong fighting style proved to be efficent. However, Kula grew overconfident whilst fighting it within the ocean, swimming closer when she should've dodged. Too far in to correct her mistake, the shark landed a potentially fatal blow on the right side of her face, biting deep into her cheek and just below her eye. If it weren't for Dex intervening, the shark could've ripped her very head off.

Returning to her home with a bleeding face, passing out from the pain, Kula's parents were horrified when they found her in this state, woken up to the reality of what could happen to her if she went to The Guild. They instantly blamed Kula's tutor, Dex, for the accident, condemning him to imprisonment. Despite Kula pleading her parents not to, screaming that it'd been her fault and not Dex's, Dex still took the punishment, thinking he'd failed her. Now wearing a covering around the side of her face, with a permenant mark of what can happen with the slightest misstep, Kula truly learnt what it meant to put your life on the line that day, and has been more mature and serious ever since, never underestimating even the smallest of opponents.

Kula's new tutor taught her more on the academic side of things, but was nothing compared to Dex's tough and efficent training; Kula hated every second of it, though she didn't show any signs of it, and didn't complain. Despite her parents pleading her not to after the incident with the shark, Kula still wished to go to The Guild to become an explorer. She hadn't got her scar for nothing, and she hadn't got Dex within a cold prison cell for nothing. Not wishing to put a second of her training to waste, and wishing to bring the honour that her parents so greatly desired, Kula gave a tearful goodbye to her mother, father, and two younger sisters, leaving for The Guild to reach the dream of becoming a famed explorer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Trinity Arts

Stats
TBD After Arc 1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Orientation

Sari.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Skills

Akumai Strike
Orientation: Force
Type: Active
Stamina Cost: 1
Status Effect: Tag on successful hit, 40% chance on land / 80% chance on water
Description: Kula takes a quick, strong jab at the lower body part of an enemy, causing them to lose their poise for a moment.

When an enemy is tagged, the next attack from one of Kula's allies that hits them will do an additional 50% damage, then the 'Tag' debuff will be removed until Kula uses Akumai Strike on them again.
Koa Waveride
Orientation: Spirit
Type: Active
Stamina Cost: 2 on land / 1 on water
Status Effect: Reposition (up to 15m), Heal on land / Reposition (up to 30m), Strongheal on water
Description: Summoning water from thin air, Kula makes waves come from the ground, swiftly transporting herself and one ally of her choice (optional) up to 15m away. As she/they are transported, the pure water of the waves soothe and rejuvenate their skin, healing wounds by a small amount.

If Kula/Kula and her chosen target is floating in water, the waves are much more potent, allowing traversal of a much larger distance, and a stronger healing effect. Those healed by the calming waves must wait a turn before being able to be healed again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[BCOLOR=transparent]Character Information[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Forename: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Surname: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Stonearm[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]26[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Female[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla is known for being cheerful and engaging around her village of Lingivik. She always has a friendly word or a kind gesture, and tries to remember the lives of those around her. Reylla is patient when working with animals or children, but does not suffer fools. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla is stubborn, and doesn't like to admit when she's wrong. She's also highly competitive, and will sometimes pursue proving herself to the detriment of her other duties. She strongly believes that any obstacle can be overcome with hard work and determination. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]tumblr_o0fqzxSEad1uorf5vo1_540.jpeg [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla is fair-skinned, 7' 3" tall and has a large, muscular build.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She has light blue eyes and very long, very messy blonde hair.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She has an oval face, slightly droopy eyes, a narrow nose, and a pointed chin.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her clothes are heavy and made of fur. A notable feature is her white, sparkly teeth.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]History[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Lingivik is a small village in the mountainous region of [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oúntra[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla was born into a herding family. She was raised with her younger sister Jodhe by their mother, Halla. Her father Frike died when she was very young, accidentally falling from an icy peak. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla was a self possessed child. She enjoyed guiding the herd herself, spending days in the fields with the yaks, finding the sparse patches of grass among the hills. She and her sister would often wrestle, leading to a lifelong love of close range combat. They sparred whenever they got the chance, getting pointers from people among the village. Their playing could occasionally turn mean, but the girls always made up in the end.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]On her 17th birthday, as is tradition, Reylla was given her own Wulfahound pup. Wulfahounds are a crossbreed of the large wolves that hunt the outskirts of [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oúntra[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]and the hardy hunting hounds used by other regions. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As she got older, Reylla met and courted a boy called Kelle Orleikson. Kelle matched her in speed and strength, and could practically read her mind they were so in tune with each other. Reylla had her life planned out perfectly. She would continue the herd with her family, marry Kelle, and start a family in Lingivik.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tragedy doesn't care about anyones plans, however. Reylla was far in the fields when she saw the smoke pouring above the village. Reylla could tell that this wasn't chimney smoke. As it began pouring out above the trees, flames started licking at the sky. She ran her way all the way back, hoping to assist with the effort to put it out. By the time she reached town the fire was out, but her life would change forever.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Kelle had been nearby when the fire started, and hearing the screams of those trapped inside, ran to help. He had managed to free several people, but had gone in for others and had not returned. They searched the wreckage, and found Kelle's body.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]After the death of her betrothed, Reylla's outlook changed. She felt too restless in town, every area reminding her of him. She knew that she needed to get out. Her mother, worried but supportive, gifted her the family crossbow, and her sister promised to protect the herd in her absence.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her perfect life would never happen, so she needed to figure out what her new perfect life was. The Guild sounds like a good place to start.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Stats[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Character Level: 3[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Guild Rank: Trainee[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Guild Level: 1[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Force: 4[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Mind: 0[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Spirit: 1[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Stamina: 4[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Orientation[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]
Chitos-0.png
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Skills[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Switch Hitter[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Orientation: Force[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Type: Active[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Stamina Cost: 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Effect: if hit is successful target is staggered and reduced damage is done, followed by quick bonus damage.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Description: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reylla precisely hacks at the opponents vitals, staggering them and doing reduced physical damage. Initial attack is quickly followed by a precise close range shot doing bonus damage.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Inventory[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
Backpack
Crossbow
Bolts
Hand axe
Waterskin (ale)
Waterskin (water)
Dagger
Trail rations
Heavy fur coat and cold resistant outfit
Locket on gold chain
Bedroll
Cooking pan
Small journal with pencil
Pipe
Flute
Smelling Salts

Attachments

• tumblr_o0fqzxSEad1uorf5vo1_540.jpeg
    tumblr_o0fqzxSEad1uorf5vo1_540.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2
28swsv9.gif

112apv6.png

Eye Color: Yellow-Green Hair Color: Light Brown Race: Fytáli

Wikia Page

24g3mn5.png
In general, Braniath's facial shape is characterized by an angular and handsome, albeit somewhat rugged, quality. His cheekbones are perched high on his face, appearing quite defined since his cheek and jowl below are both rather slender. Lending to his air of tautness, Braniath's chin is rather 'V' shaped, ending in a well-chiseled point. Although he prefers to be clean-shaven, Braniath sometimes goes weeks, perhaps months, without shaving due to the solitary nature of his life. Of his individual features, his nose, while rather large and long, is sculpted enough that it does not appear excessive. Below this is a wide mouth with sufficiently full lips. His eyes above, which are spaced a considerable distance apart, are of a yellow-green coloration, tending to be quite mercurial depending on the lighting conditions. They are almond-shaped and slightly angled downwards, adding to the sense of sharpness and upward momentum that many find apparent in his facial structure.

Framing the emerald emanating from his eyes is a prominent, almost jutting, brow. Per the general theme of Braniath's appearance, his brows are quite angular, imbuing his expression with a shade of constant skepticism or disconcertment. His forehead is rather expansive, crowned by a prominent widow's peak and halo of ochre brown. His hair, which is medium length, is usually pulled into a messy half ponytail reaching to the point just above his shoulders. The individual strands themselves are thin so that Braniath's locks are quite wispy when he moves. Although he tries to contain the coif within the ponytail, the young man can often be seen exasperatedly combing stray hairs behind his conspicuous, pointed ears.

Standing 5'7" at full height, Braniath is a less than intimidating figure. His body tends to be rather lithe with well-defined musculature simply due to the lack of apparent body fat. His tanned skin would appear quite normal except for the strange floral patterns tracing up and down his arms, legs, chest, and back. At first glance, these aberrations, which mimic the form of leaves, vines, and various flowers, would appear to be some sort of tattoo or body marking. Upon closer inspection, however, one would see that they are slightly raised areas imbedded within Braniath's skin. This decorative network comprises the integument with the highest concentration of chloroplasts that enables Braniath to perform photosynthesis.

2637bsy.png
Considering the solitary nature of Braniath's lifestyle, one might be surprised to find that this young Fytáli man is quite adept in the art of speech craft. Sharp-witted, caustic, and somewhat cynical, Braniath would appear to most as an aloof individual. However, this disinterested nature should not be confused with an ignorance of all the nuance and subtlety inherent in social interaction. On the contrary, when he does deign to engage with those around him, Braniath exhibits a thorough understanding and keen perception of the mental goings-on of others. This is not any sort of arcane trickery, but rather a result of Braniath's hypersensitivity to the nonverbal cues of those around him.

As a Fytáli, Braniath's connection to the energy networks of living things is not limited to plant-based life. Obviously, higher forms of intelligence, such as humans and animals, are much more individually complex than the expansive energy networks of the forest. Nonetheless, they are intimately connected to the flow of energy within and around them, allowing Braniath subtle insights into the best ways to interact with each individual he comes across. This apparent connection to living beings would suggest that Braniath has an underlying warm or caring disposition, but that remains to be seen underneath a veil of studied indifference.

9770k0.png
Braniath was born under the dark canopies of Dázkla, being raised with the customs typical of a Fytálian upbringing. As has been noted, the Fytáli differ from other races in that they lead largely solitary lives, only brought together by the suffering of the jungle. As such, family units often find themselves spread over many acres of land. It is very common for children to leave the company of their guardian for sojourns in which they learn the ways of the forest as well as how to tap into its vast reserves of energy. Gradually, the duration of these treks into the dense undergrowth grows as the child ages until, eventually, the child does not return. The common Fytálian term used to describe this journey that all young men and women must embark upon is known as "taurliná." Such is the story of Braniath. As the roleplay progresses, I will be releasing his history in episodic passages that recount the various taurlináe that he has experienced throughout his youth and adolescence.

zj9swo.gif

Trinity Arts
Statistics:
  • Character Level: 6
  • Heath:
  • Force: 2
  • Mind: 11
  • Spirit: 8
  • Stamina: 3
Orientation:
2z5j6dk.png

Skills: Braniath has two main spells, one active and one passive.
  • Whispers from the Old Wood
    • Type: Active
    • Stamina Cost: 1
    • Status Effect: Poison
    • Additional Requirements: Must be on land and in an area with vegetation.
    • Description: The caster deepens his or her connection to the energy networks of the surrounding plant life. This enables him or her to influence plant growth primarily for defensive purposes (i.e. rooting attacking enemies). If the vegetation of the local area is poisonous, then the caster's spell becomes imbued with the "poison" status effect.
  • Keen Perception
    • Type: Passive
    • Stamina Cost: 0
    • Status Effect: None
    • Additional Requirements: Caster must not be suffering any status effects.
    • Description: Using the constant stream of information delivered to the brain via neural connection to the energy network of plant life in an area, this unit has a permanent 35% chance to predict the movements of his enemies and sense approaching life forms. In environments of increased plant density (jungles, plains, and forests) this percentage is increased to 60%. However, in areas with a low density of plant matter (deserts, tundras, and cities) this chance is lowered to 10%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.