The Curse of Ellismire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varen sighed. "I guess I will follow then.." He held onto his bow, and rushed after. "Such a bother, it feels different to move in this world." Eventually he caught up to Max as he was finally able to rush through the forest again, it took a while either way. "Are you alright?" He looked at her worried. "What exactly happened?"

Max
Max stiffened turned at the sound of the voice. Impossible. Malik should've reached her far before the others had. Unless he decided to leave her there...all alone...which was doubtful. She started to panic slightly, her breathing quickening. Something must have happened. Calming herself, she wiped her eyes and turned to meet the elf. "Everything's fine." she said curtly. Only a flash of worry showed in her eye, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. She decided that if she were to survive in this new world, it would be best to have allies. Sighing, she looked the elf in the eye. "The name's Max. I'm sorry if we were rude back there, I was just a little...." she trailed off, trying to think of the correct word. "Tense." she finally added.

Varen walked close to her and smiled. "I'm Varen, nice to meet you. I rushed her, I probably overdid it a little as this world is much easier to move in..it seems like I'm a little faster somehow..." He looked at her noticing her worried expression. "What are your plans? I don't think I can go all alone in this world and I was hoping to group up with you and your friend.."

Max tensed slightly as he walked closer. At his statement, she grew even more worried. Malik still should have been here first. But she had to focus on what was happening now. She winced slightly. "Don't have a plan yet. Were going to figure one out. But I figure we have to go after Zelena." She stated. Looking up, she tried to see if she could see Malik anywhere near. Seeing nothing, her heart skipped a beat. She looked back at Varen. "I'm going to go stake out a good area to make camp. We're too out in the open. Stay here, just in case." she said, needing a few more moments to herself to get her head together, and it would give her time to look for Malik. With that, she spread her gorgeous brown and white wings to their full 14 foot expanse and jumped in the air. With a hard flap down, she took to the sky, and started searching for a good camp site. She also took the chance to search the skies for Malik. Her eyesight, being twice as better as a normal humans, could just pick up a black speck lifting off from the trees and heading her way. He must've stopped to fix his wing. She had forgotten in the excitement about his broken wing, and it made her relieved to see him heading towards her.

With that taken care of, her heart settled down, nothing was wrong. At least, nothing besides the obvious. She started back to her original task of searching for a good campsite. Took her a few minutes, but she spotted it. There was a shallow cave, about 5 miles from where she had left Varen. Turning, she headed back to where she had left the nightelf. Landing on sand was very difficult. She flared her wings at the last second and had to run about five feet to keep her balance. "About 5 miles in that direction. Follow me." That being said, she turned and started walking on foot, her wings still slightly unfurled to keep them from becoming stiff. "So, what were you doing before the curse hit?" She asked, now taking to calling it what it was, a curse.

Azmere's final attack was more successful than he had anticipated. He was following his strikes and froze mid-step when Zelena's back hit the wall. When she screamed at him, just like every other time she had done so, Azmere melted into a child. He was crushed. The elf hated to disappoint his matriarch. He hated himself far more than she ever could [at least in his mind]. When she stabbed his hand it missed all of the bones. His mind was racing with how to make up for his error so much than he barely noticed the hole leaking from his palm. Zelena had beaten him over the years countless times. However, as long as he completed his tasks, his dark queen always restored him with her magic.

His eyes followed her as she withdrew the gun and then used it. BANG! It was a monstrous thing of wonder and destruction. The projectile was so fast he didn't even see it; only the damage it caused. When she placed the freshly fired barrel to his head, it seared a ring into his temple. Magnificent! Azmere thought, I must learn these new weapons while my queen is off finding it in her heart to forgive me of my mistake. His thought was interrupted by a sharp pain on his skull. Azmere sank to his knees and watched her lock the gun in its place and leave in a huff. Blood ran into his eye but he did not care. He sat a moment to make sure she was gone. The sound of hoof beats confirmed it for him.

The scout rose to his feet and went to the table where he had seen the gloves. He stuck one on the gash in his head and used the fingers of another to pull through the wound in his hands. Neither of these attempts would stop the bleeding but it would slow things down for a while. Azmere then turned to the drawer which held so many wonderful secrets. He made his way across the room retrieving his swords while taking his steps. He was quite woozy but Zelena often had that affect on him; either through physical damage or psychological enthrallment.

Azmere stabbed the drawer just above the locked wedging the hard steel into the crease. He applied some pressure down and popped the drawer open. He set his blades down and made a note to find a good scabbard but instantly went back to the drawer's contents.

First, the drawer was much larger than expected. It was easily as wide as he was tall and over half as deep. There were many strange things or guns, as she called them, within. One in the middle drew his attention. He reached in and retrieved it leaving a few drops of blood in its place. "How extraordinary!" the thing was as light as his swords. In truth, the elf had no idea what he was doing and needed help.

AR15Builds011.jpg

He turned around and walked into the house with his new toy. He was leaking blood everwhere and knew he had to clean himself up and stop the bleeding. He went to the room with a sink and set about washing himself off. This place was so alien to him. The sink was all he recognized because Zelena had one in her fortress. He removed the gloves and washed his head, face and hand clean. There was a fire burning on an open hearth in the next room. He went over and grabbed a burning log with the wet glove and stuck his palm wound on it creating a sizzle. He gritted his teeth and fought tears until he was certain that it was burned at least halfway through. He flipped his hand over and did the same to the other side. Now he was really dizzy. He then took the log embers and pressed them into his forehead. This was much less painful than searing his hand closed.

Satisfied with his first aid, he tossed the log down and got up to retrieve the gun. Azmere walked around the large manor and was fascinated by almost everything. The gun was still his favorite. In a room with many couches and chairs, he saw a picture of a gun very similar to the one he held. Turns out, it was a book filled with information about guns and how to use them, acquire them, clean them, modify them and so on. Azmere sat down and began reading. Too his delight and surprise, there was an entire stack of these books. The elf tasked himself with becoming familiar with everything he could related to guns. When Zelena returned he would use this information to get back in her graces.

Zelena
Zelena fumed as she rode. She rode down to the countryside, letting Rory, her horse, walk in incoming waves, some of the spray splashing up and spraying her. It felt good, after a good swordfight. She thought about Daniel, for the first time in years. She felt the familiar pang of guilt, and of grief welling up in her gut. She let the emotions roil inside her, even letting a few tears come out. Silent sobs wracked her body. She let out a scream of rage and of grief and of longing. She hadn't felt Daniels touch, his embrace in so long. Her whole being yearned for him. But he was taken away from her. Some vile person had run him through with his own sword. It was then that she vowed to do anything, anything, to avenge his murder. It's what drove her to who she is today. Maybe she always did enjoy hurting people, maybe she always was evil, but Daniel had changed that. With Daniel, she was good. With Daniel, her best side shone. But that was gone now. She stared into the horizon over the sea, "The Queen is dead," she said, "Long live the Evil Queen." She finally added after a long pause.

She took off, Rory gallopping at full speed back towards the mansion. Her moment of grief was over. She shoved all the emotions back down, into the depths of her heart, where she will lock them up for another couple of years. Upon reaching the castle, Zelena dismounted and waved off the stable boy. She wanted to do this, it always soothed her, taking care of horses. She untacked Rory, and set the saddle in the saddle stall. Taking a curry comb, and a hoof pick, Zelena walked back to her horse and started brushing him down. "No one understands me, Rory." She said softly. "Only he did, and you. You have also been my constant companion." she added, hearing the horse nicker softly brought a small smile to her face. Zelena finished brushing him, and leaned down to clean out his hooves. She found a small stone stuck in his front left foot, causing him slight pain. She quickly dug it out, and went on to clean the rest of the hooves. That being done, she led him back into his spacious stall, and took off his bridle. Giving him a quick hug, she walked out.

Now, what to do about Azmere. She couldn't heal him, and he must've suspected something by now. Walking into the castle, she found him with one of her firearms, and several books. She walked silently up behind him, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "You did well, my friend." she whispered softly in his ear. Walking around to the front, she sat on his lap, and kissed him softly, slowly wrapping her arms around his neck and up to play with his hair. Playing on his emotions always got him to do the best work. She pushed down the feeling of repulsion, the part of her screaming he wasn't Daniel, and just enjoyed the kiss. She felt him get passionate, kissing her back with fervor. She smiled against his lips, knowing he would do whatever she wished now. Pulling back, she rested her head agaisnt his forehead. "Well done, Az." she whispered, slightly out of breath. She looked at his wounds that she had inflicted. He had taken it upon himself to cauterize his wounds closed, and he did a dang good job of it too. She smiled. Looking him in the eyes, he saw the depth of his love for her. Perfect. Just the way she wanted it, always made him more driven to do a good job. "I have an assignment for you, dear." she stated. And sat in the chair next to him, awaiting his response.

Varen looked around. "It seems like a good place to build a camp, I think we should make one close to water." he walked around the area and checked it to see for the best points to stay at as she left for a bit and looked at her as she came back.
"Alright." he followed he and kept looking around, mapping the area in his mind. "I was basically just a visit at the celebrations, I used to to live alone most of the time, but I decided to group up in a new world, I would prefer not running off into a world I don't know. What were you up to?"

Max
Max looked up as the elf talked. She smirked, she remembered seeing the kids running around, and then seeing them with fear on their faces, screaming as they ran through the forest, trying to escape it. She shook her head, one little girl in particular stood out in her mind. Shoulder length dirty blonde hair, dimples, smiling blue eyes, and about as hyper as they come. Evelyn. Her god daughter. Somehow, when the flock died and she and Malik separated, a family had found her. They brought her in and took her as one of their own, winged freak and all. Their four year old daughter loved her. Max also grew to love the little girl, they were unseparable, her and Evelyn. The last memory of her goddaughter was of them running off into the woods, the curse consuming them. How could she forget her so quick? She was supposed to be her guardian! She kicked herself for not going to look for her as soon as they were not on Ellismire anymore. As soon as Malik got here, they would go search for her....all of her also screamed to go get Ang....Evelyn.

She looked at the elf. "Same." she said, no longer interested in talking. The sudden memory of Evelyn clung with it had, causing worry to course through her. She looked towards the forest. "EVELYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU????" she screamed.

(never mind, i decided for this character to be best played in the third person, for role reasons.)
~Unknown Location~
-Interrogation room-
:Darvian Tavish:
Obviously, Darvian did something wrong here.

He woke up to see that he was being tied up!
Genius strikes again! Darvian thought as Dylan completely tied up he legs and hands, he struggled to break free from the damn rope but he tied them on quite tight, it was impossible to even move to get the sharp parts of his armor to reach the rope and cut it that way. Claws would not work either , since they were up to high...very strategic. Dylan then managed to tie the poor draconian's waist and tail although it was attempted that he swiped at Dylan with it several times. He then managed to do something that surprised him indefinitely, he tied his neck!, he tied it so tight that it was impossible to struggle anymore, for any attempts at it will result in dyiing, so he just stood still and made grumbling noises to show that Dylan got him good! Haha funny, now you can leave!
But noooo, that is never enough with Dylan.

He then rummaged through the backpack, and pulled out a pack of Sedatives, and pulled out some of them, and threw them into Darvian mouth! he held up his snout and head up high to the point where he started to choke on both the pills and the rope both, giving grunts of pain and rejection, and he struggled to keep the pills out, and possibly spit them out. But Dylan was quite smart, and he had a firm grip on Darvian. Eventually, he gave in and swallowed the pills, leaving to what surely would be an inevitable death and demise. As it took a while for the sedatives to work, Dylan decided to quicken the process by ripping a piece of his shirt an covered Darvian's snout and mouth with it, losing breath fast, Darvian panicked, and moved what he could very violently to get breaths of air. The complete opposite happened, the rope around his neck grew tighter and the fact that he couldn't breathe well under that shirt didn't help either. The ground started fading black as he continued choking and gagging. Dylan then clenched his right fist, and punched Darvian's face, and blood came pouring out.
Instant darkness surrounded the background. vaguely one could hear those menacing words slip out of Dylan's mouth."You are a fool."
Finally found something we can both agree on.
And thus, Darvian began to dream, thinking that he died, but not of our current situation, but instead dreamed of something totally off-topic.
He dreamed of a Marriage ceremony.
He pictured the bride, Zelena, with her groom...
and a frog would be singing opera...
Wait...what?
He woke back up to a blurry picture, blood was on the floor, and it appeared to come from his snout and his right leg, both wounds seemed to heal by then. "Ahh, I must've been asleep for a while!" Darvian groaned, he then looked and was glad to see that he is still alive, and that his two-handed greatsword he calls 'Slice' is still here, probably was to heavy for Dylan to carry is most assumed. he is still tied up, but the rope was set more loosely now, so he managed to slip his armor into the rope and cut my arms free, than his neck, than his waist, tail, and legs, he stretched, and lots of bones were cracking. It was surprisingly, quite painful, and his wings and left leg were all completely numb, so he stumbled back to the floor, and decided to stare at the ceiling, which was beautify tinted with black dots on a white canvas was what it felt to him, he crossed his arms and waited to finish healing his broken bones, he murmured to himself.

"I wonder what would happen if I met Dylan again?"
"I shall see..."

Last edited:
Dylan
Dylan's wing was killing him. He had to stop. He wasn't far from the Institute, but he just couldn't go on anymore. His wing wasn't healing as fast as it should, but then again, it was being used. He landed somewhere in the nearby mountains, and started out on foot. Keeping his wings in tight, he ran off through the trees, and eventually came to a beach. An expanse of water so big he's sure he never saw it before. Falling to his knees in shock, Dylan took it all in. Where was he? Was Max safe? His wing cramped, so he stretched it out halfway. Walking back into the woods, he climbed a tree, and tied himself there, so he wouldn't fall out. He was asleep in seconds.

-Three Days Prior-
A small woodland elf by the name of Demiel slowly opened up her eyes, breathing in slightly after she felt life return to her limbs. Her hair was, annoyingly, in her face, yet her arms were not strong enough yet to push it out. Blowing it away from her eyes, she leaned back her hand and felt sand mixed with dirt. Her left foot was in water and the right balanced on the edge of it. Her arms were laying across her chest, as it she was asleep by the side of the river. If one had taken the moment to look at her, her garb and fresh cut on her face was the opposite of such. To one side of her lay a broken bow, and to the other a small knife. It was puzzling how that had managed to warp through dimensions with her, yet hse wasn't going to complain at having some weapons at her side.

After a few minutes of taking in the land, she slowly leaned her body up, letting the slight crust of the aforementioned particles slide form her shoulders. Lifting her right arm up, she tested her limbs to be sure they still worked. Seeing hte damage to the bow, she frowned, kwoing that bow was not only a gift, but her most useful weapon. She prayed she could repair it, about the same time she realized her arrows were missing. The two revelations were scaring her, and she closed her eyes once, betraying it, until she regained ahold on her body.

Thinking slowly, Demiel thought about what had occurred to get her to this point. She remembered the declaration at the ceremony, and how they had ignored her. However, she had returned, if not with any real passion, to retrieve her bow and hunting knife. When she came back, the witch, or whatever she was, had cast the green cloud. Demiel had ran into the crowd and drawn her bow, yet fear of hitting a civilian made her stay the arrow. She was about to attack when a push sent the arrow into her cheek, slicing it, and the arrows skittering away. She was then enveloped by the cloud and..she had no idea what happened. She could only guess that her bow had broken during the trip.

Although she saw it was dark, the air had a tinge to it, something not right. It appeared that there was a light int the sky, yet it extended over all of it. Looking upwards, she couldn't discern it. As she stared at it harder, she realized it wasn't the sky, yet lights from...somewhere. She stood up, scanning the landscape with her careful eyes. Then it hit her that the large lights emanating from the city were causing it. There was enough light to cause light pollution that night, and it made the stars unable to be viewed.

Lights in the sky? She wondered in her mind, how is this possible? What has Zelene brought upon us? The elf pondered that for a long time.

-Three Days Later-
After the strange day, the elf had done what she could to fix the bow. While she was unable to find new arrows, she made crude if not effective ones out of the surrounding area. She dilberetly avoided the settlement, not willing to breech it and risk anything with the inhabitants. Without any further thought, she now had six arrows, slung over her shoulder, and the bow. Her garb was small, which mainly consisted of a vest and a long flowing, if tight, skirt. She was suited for the climate until it turned colder. What made her head spin was finding food.

Apparently, animals in this place were not fond nor large enough to hunt. She survived off a small stash of nuts and berries she found, yet she was puzzled as to the lack of wildlife. Where were the birds she could entrance and kill slowly for music and meat? Where were the woodland creatures that she could get food for days from? With the puzzling factors, and not willing to venture into the city for food, she was slowly, if not painfully, beocming afflicted with true hugner. She needed food soon, and her shruken stomach and weary face showed this.

She ended up folowing the river on a whim, in order to find where it lead to. Surprisingly, it lead to the coast-line, where it merged itno the water. She blinked, for the water was not clear, if a murky green. Small bits of scum lay on the top, and the majority of it was very disgusting. She foudn it more and more unbearable until hunger was taking her over. By now, she was moving slowly and not full of energy. Her body slowly was giving out on her, andthere wasn't anything she was able to do about it at the moment.

"Help!" She cried out, seeing a few eings move in the shadows. She was too far to make them out, but one seemed to be heading into the woods. They were in the groove before she could help anything. She stumbled along, slowly crying out, "Help me...help..." she slowly felt one leg give out. She wasn't going to die, yet she was waek and partially dehydrated. As she fell into the sand, she was thankful she wasn't going to die...yet. Her eyes closed and she slipped inot dreamalnd.

• Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
Azmere

Azmere had spent quite some time reading before he decided to tackle the task of what the book referred to as 'stripping' the weapon. Eventually, the elf felt he had acquired all he could from words and accepted that it was time to implement the best method of learning a new skill; doing. With the diagram laid out before him and a few tools, Azmere began to disassemble the gun. He was careful to lay each piece on the table in accordance with the spec sheet. After much toil, he had completely taken the gun apart. It was harder than he expected seeing as how his left hand had a hole through it and was quite swollen.

Satisfied with the job thus far, Azmere began to carefully put the pieces back together in the exact reverse order that he had taken them apart. This process took him even longer than tearing the weapon down. A stubborn elf, Azmere refused to quit and accepted nothing less than perfection. Woozy and a thirsty, Azmere completed his task and set the gun down, 'read to fire', on the table. He slowly twisted his head and neck around to stretch the muscles that had tightened up from performing this tedious task. He wiggled his fingers and picked the rifle up once more. He was going to do this over and over until it became easy and he no longer needed the diagram.

Azmere had stripped and reassembled his new weapon three times, becoming quicker with each attempt, and was about to make a fourth pass when he heard the door open and close. Certainly, she was still angry with him. Azmere elected to leave the gun on the table and went back to reading more about different types of am-mu-ni-tion, He mouthed the word silently. Apparently, the type of ammunition the gun fires will determine how much damage is done.

Azmere jumped when he felt her touch. An anticipatory wince even crossed his face as her arms slid around his neck. His quickened pulse did not cease when her words lit upon his ear. "You did well, my friend." It was now being driven by his desire for Zelena. His already woozy mind swam in a million thoughts and dreams that he often carried. Azmere held no torch for her. He was a forest fire. His eyes were wide in wonder and passion as they followed her lithe form until she was upon him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tight, arching his back to press more of himself into the kiss. Every ounce of repressed emotion was poured into that one kiss. Over too soon, Azmere did not force the issue.

The elf loosened his hold on her but did not release her waist and allowed his fingertips to gently trace circles along her side. He became lost in her stare. More so, her sweet aroma filled his nostrils and Zelena was intoxicating. "Well done, Az." Azmere had never been this close to her. His heart was screaming at his brain to absorb every nanosecond for future reference. He stared at her as one stares into the sun after spending a thousand lifetimes in darkness. Referring to Zelena as the sun is a perfect euphemism because Azmere's world rises and falls with her.

Azmere sucked his lips in and ran his tongue across each one several times. She tasted like the first apple he had ever eaten; sweet, brisk and refreshing. The elf had never been happier. "I have an assignment for you, dear." Zelena's words brought him gently back to reality and away from the scene that he will allow to play out later in his mind. His lips parted in a partial smile like a child receiving a surprise toy. "I will gladly do whatever you ask, my l-", he cleared his throat and averted his gaze for a second. If that word slipped out, he may ruin this moment. "What can I do for you, my queen?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Malik

Malik had allowed Max to sail out of his sight. His wing was healing and could sustain flight but he did not wish to overexert the frail bones that supported him. Instead, he caught an updraft and took a few moments to remember the family of hawks he had left behind. He honored them by circling higher and higher into the sky as they so often did. As accomplished of a flyer as Malik considered himself to be, his grace and form fell vastly short of those majestic and gentle creatures.

A change in temperature brought Malik back to his present situation. He peered around for Max and did not see her even from his superior height. He tipped his wings slightly so that he could soar after Max without too much effort. His gradual decent drafted him increasing speed and he figured he could catch up to her within a reasonable time. Now if only his stomach would show some reason and understand the circumstances.

Malik knew Max was probably hungry as well and set about scouring this new place for food as he sailed along. A serpentine break in the trees indicated a river so Malik dipped lower to see if there was any game worth hunting. The river was narrow for a while and slow moving but after a few miles it seemed to widen and quicken. He must be nearing the coast. Malik caught sight of a bear wading through the water and that can only mean one thing. Fish!

Malik curled his Raven wings and dove down unfurling them at four steady intervals to reduce speed so that he wouldn't have such a hard landing. He's had a few of those already and tries to limit the abuse his body takes when he can. The birdman from Ellismire alighted himself on a fallen tree some ten feet from the large bear. It was too busy swatting at brightly colored fish to pay any mind to the large winged creature that just dropped in on his food joint. Once he deemed the bear to not be a threat, Malik turned his attention to the river. It was literally chocked full of fish; big, tasty looking fish. He began to run through various plans on how to catch and carry the swimming morsels back to camp.

After some deliberation between trying to weave together a basket and killing the bear for his fur to make a sack, Malik decided to use his vest. He jumped off the tree towards shore and used his wings to float the extra distance. He moved around the forest gathering a few sturdy branches and some vines. He took off his vest and began to lay the branches along the inside his vest. After making a nice base along the back, he tied them together with a quick alternating weave of vines. Malik then used more branches to line through the sleeves to create an end cap and did the same along the bottom. He then took the extra vine and shored up any place he thought might pose a problem. After about twenty minutes, he held his basket in his hands and turned it from varying angles to inspect his creation. You would never know it to look at him but he was pleased with the skill.

Malik unfurled his wings and propelled himself skyward. He circled a few times to gain some height and then dove back towards the river. He transversed to keep his speed from getting too fast otherwise the impact might destroy his Happy Meal basket. Cruising at a nice even speed as he came down to the water, he went with the current and dipped his basket into the water. The fish were struggling upstream and seemd to jump right into the basket. Malik tried to keep count but it filled so quickly, he simply pulled it to his chest and hugged it tight and flew away. The bear growled at the birdkid/fish thief. He stood up on his hind legs and shook an angry paw at Malik.

"Sorry man. I got a family to feed, too." Malik soared up and towards the direction Max had gone. He flew leisurely through the cool, clear sky. Today has brought more joy than the last few years combined and then some. Dinner was in hand. They were in a new world, which could be dangerous but also could mean a fresh start. Most importantly, he had his Max. Malik had caught a glimpse of Max's wings just before they dipped below the treeline. He used his raptor like vision to hone in on that location and made his way towards it. It was a beach and he could see her wings unfurled as she walked. The elf was with her. Malik made his decent by circling downward. Once he drew within about fifteen feet he simply opened his wings and slowly sank until his feet hit the sand. His eyes went immediately to Max. A grin escaped his stoic face. Undeniable, uncontrollable, and when Max was around; inevitable: Malik could not hide his elation in their reuinion. "Who's hungry?" Malik extended his arms and revealed the basket that was as big as his torso filled with rainbow colored fish.

Max
Max heard something and told Varen to be quiet. "Do you hear that? Someone needs help, it's coming from that direction." she said, pointing. Without further delay, she jumps in the air, and soars towards the sound. Seeing an elf half dead on the ground, she landed a good bit away as to not hurt the elf. Running, she called to Varen. She finally reached the elf, lying half in the water. She could not carry her and fly at the same time, too much weight. Picking the female elf up, Max set out for the coast once more. Slung across her shoulders, the elf didn't hinder her speed much. Max reached the coast in about 5 minutes to see Varen running towards her. "We need fresh water, and whatever food-" She was cut off by Malik's sudden appearance. "Who's hungry?" those simple words, so quiet, that mixed with his unusual easy grin sent her heart a fluttering. But now was not the time. "About time you showed up, get a fire going and cook some of that. She needs help." she ordered, knowing he would do it without hesitation, coming from her. Turning to Varen, she tossed him a water skin that she carried on her. "Please go fill this up with some fresh water coming from a stream about 5 miles back." She asked, taking the lead, being a natural born leader. She had that presence that people naturally followed, even if she was a bit more harsh than needed.

Max was also not originally a people person, but in the past 5 years she's learned some people skills. She's become a godmother, and more caring for those around her.
As the others went off to do what she had asked, Max gently set the elf down, being sure not to jostle her too much. As she laid the elf's head down softly, Max took off her jacket, making a makeshift pillow. Caring for the flock, and then Evalyn had taught her how to take care of people, especially if they are hurt. She wondered what was taking the others so long.

Just as that thought crossed her mind, Malik came back with some firewood. He got the fire started and put the fish on a spit, roasting them over the fire. Walking to sit between him and the girl, Max leaned against his back, feeling the strength of his wings against hers. She basked in his warmth, in his very presence. The silence between them was a comfortable one, not awkward, just nice. They could communicate without words, they knew each other so well.

Looking back to the elf, Max saw her eyes were open slightly. "
Hey, it looks like you took quite a tumble back there, you were out cold when I found you." She said quietly. Seeing the elf tense at her voice, the elf's head whipped toward her instantly with a wince of pain. Max slowly stood up, and slowly spread her wings to show the elf that she also was from Ellismire. She knew most elves were very cautious, and wary of any race other than their own. "You're safe. My name is Max, this here is Malik, and a friend should be back with some water that we could boil." she added, keeping her voice low, knowing that the elf could very well have a terrible headache. She had a fever the last time that Max had checked. Dehydration at it's worst, she had seen it before.

It was then that Varen came back with the skin full of water. Smiling softly, she took the skin, and hung it over the fire, just out of reach so it wouldn't burn, but close enough that the water would quickly come to a boil. This would kill all the germs and bacteria in the water. She had a terrible experience in her past with drinking unclean water. Diarrhea, vomiting, and not being able to eat was the worst feeling, save two. Once the water came to a boil, Max set it aside to cool for a while. She could feel the elf's eyes on her, and the water. Turning back to her, Max smiled.
"This is Varen." she said, gesturing to the other elf. "The water should be ready soon, dehydration is a jerk. May I ask your name?" she added.

Zelena
Zelena wasn't surprised at the amount of passion, and love in his kiss. His touch was gentle, yet showed his desire for her. Zelena smiled. He was so blindly in love, it was laughable. Keeping her face on his, she let a gaze of adoration show, smiling softly, she kissed him softly again, just a tease. His touch had a weird effect on her. It left little burning sensations on her sides. Not like the feeling when Daniel touched her, but completely different. It was an enjoyable feeling, but her mind screamed at her to leave, that Daniel was the only one who deserved her affection. She shoved the thoughts down. This wasn't an act of affection, it was an act of manipulation.

Easing out of his arms, she sat in the chair opposite him. The smile disappearing, she pulled out a picture of a birdkid. "
Word from some of my assets tell me that he has escaped. His name is Dylan, and he knows almost every trick in the book." she said with a snarl. "He managed to escape from interrogation from Darvian, whom I never should have trusted." Her anger simmered over, showing briefly. Getting her anger under control, she went on. "My job for you is to recapture this Dylan and bring him to me. Along with that, I want you to bring Darvian as well, he has failed." As she said this, she pulled out a picture of Darvian. The Draconian was strong, really strong. "Some things you should know about this Darvian is that he is strong. Stronger than you even. He isn't the brightest, but he normally gets the job done. He can fly, as you can see his wings, and he can heal really fast." She finished.

"
Dylan on the other hand, has brains and strength. He is probably the one you may have the most difficulty with. He knows how to survive, and knows how to fight." she said, leaving the rest for him to figure out. She smiled at him seductively. "I know you won't fail me in this, you're the one man I would trust with this mission." she said, adding the icing to the cake. She smiled at his grin at her proclamation of trust in him. He was falling into her trap like a baby, such a foolish man. But he would get the job done. Driven men always do the best work, and Azmere was as driven as they come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Varen heard her and ran after them, just to be surprised and seeing Max bring another elf and order her to get food and water, he ran of and on the way he killed a few smaller animals they could use after a while he picks up the water and made his way back, he took much longer than he hoped, but apparently made it in time as he saw Max in the distance and ran up to her and brought the food to the fire they were setting up. "Is she alright? What happened to her?" he then looked around wondering if she was attacked.

Max
Max looked at Varen, annoyed. Shaking her head slightly, she gestured to the elf woman, who was now very much awake. Grabbing the water skin, Max tasted it to see if it was cool enough. Seeing that it was cool to the tongue, she handed it to the dehydrated woman. Seeing her guzzle it, she smiled. Looking back at Varen, Max's face returned to the neutral mask. She still didn't trust Varen, and didn't even trust the woman whom they had just saved. But that didn't mean they couldn't form some sort of alliance. They needed to stick together to survive. Walking over to Malik, she embraced him, leaving the two elves alone to converse. Max was still slightly overwhelmed with what had happened in the past two days. Malik's back (not that she was complaining about that part), strange world, people showing up half dead, what had Zelena done?

Demiel slowly opened up her eyes, glancing around suspiciously. As was her nature, the first thing she did was check if her arms were tied, and she would've reached for her knife if she wasn't tried. It was second nature to be defensive, for she was used to hunting larger game that could fight back. If you didn't pull the knife when it rushed you, it tore your throat out and you were left for dead, simple as that. Feeling that her arms were not bound and her knife was on her hip -but not her bow- she was at least able to relax. She looked up, again trying to think of who it was who found her. The voices she had heard inside her head were faint and slow in forthcoming, so she wasn't able to entirely discern what they meant. Combined with the fact they were not hostile and they hadn't taken her weapons, she was at least not going to entirely be mistrusting, even if it wasn't a 'they.'

She slowly looked up, and saw the face of the creature. What she saw was one of birdkind, and it comforted her. She was able to at least know this person was not going to peck out her throat the moment she moved so it would have a warm meal. She heard the noises again, which made her suddenly aware of a pounding headache. She didn't make notice to this and she groaned as she forced herself to bend and sit up. When she did so, her torso protested from lack of food and a small cut on it from where she'd fallen on a rock. She slowly came back to when the pain subsided, and realized the being was looking down wiht concern. She moaned once more before she steeled herself, forcing herself upright and turning to look at the rescuer.

Agony and stars exploded inside her head from where the laceration was; it was much larger than she thought. Two brief tears fell along with a gasp, before she caught hold of herself and gripped the rocks nearby to her fiercely. She started to have to shake as the pain was intense, but it wasn't bleeding yet, so she found no issue. She looked up into the ally's, if she could call whatever they were that, and gasped, "Demiel. My anem is Demiel of the Woodland Elves..."

Varen sat down next to her as Max left him alone with the elf, just because they where both elves it didn't mean he would be any more concerned to trusting towards her. "Are you alright Demiel?" He spoke in a gentle voice even though he didn't feel that much concern, he wouldn't want to be left alone in a situation like that either.
"I'm Varen" he helped her sit up and looked at Max and spoke up. "When will we have some food? I think we all are a little hungry already, aren't we?" Varen got up as he got Demiel in a better position, looking around again, he was still curious. "What happened to you Demiel?"

Max saw the woman sit up, and rushed back to her, her 'mother' mode kicking in. She was good at nursing people back to health. Seeing tears and hearing her gasp concerned her. There must be an injury that she had overlooked. "Nice to meetcha. Where does it hurt?" she asked, ready to see if she could do anything, she had learned a few healing spells, as well as basic first aid. Hearing the rumble of Demiels stomach, she chuckled. "The fish is about ready, just a few more minutes." she added. Just then, Malik came over with a basket of freshly cooked fish. The aroma made her stomach growl softly, but not loud enough for the others to hear. Smiling, she took the basket and offered it to Demiel, knowing she would be starving. Max always was after an injury.

Demiel looked into the bird-kind's eyes and she wanted to trust her, yet the side of her that was skeptical. It wasn't that she was a total introvert, yet the fact that she had learned people hurt her. The most worry she harbored was the fact that she'd poison her. It was a silly and inconsequential fear, yet it was one that she was beign forced to carry with her none the less. She did managed to slowly speak to her, in a tone that showed how much she was struggling to blieve that she wasn't being brought here to be kiled, "A cut along my midsection." She winced, the shifting casing it to burn, "And to answer...you...Varen, is it? I was stumbling along this beach and must have sliced it when I fell down to try to talk to you all. IT's actually quite fascinating how this occurred. And as for the other part, apparently this place has no game near those lights int he sky, and I've been starving."

She looked over the other elf, and it occurred to her then the same mistrust in his eyes as hers. She slowly began to calculate the odds of them having to bolt, and if she did, if she could outrun him. She decided to think on that unpleasant thought later, "Who are you two really? Did you see that green cloud too, or am I simply dead and I have yet to be told by the devil?"

Status
Not open for further replies.