The Curse of Ellismire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max saw something in Demiel's eyes, slowly taking one of the fish, she peeled off a section and put it in her mouth. After swallowing, she again offered the food to Demiel, hoping this would convince her it wasn't poisoned. Sensing her distrust, she smiled slightly. Max took her statement as permission to examine the wound. Lifting the hem of Demiel's shirt, Max saw a laceration. It had to be painful. Placing her hand over the wound, Max slowly started chanting. When nothing happened, she frowned. Trying again only to get the same results, she really started to grow uncomfortable. Magic's not working...is magic even in this world? she thought. "You're going to need stitches, there seems to be no magic in this land...how is this even possible?" she said, confused.

At Demiel's question to who they were, she frowned slightly, not knowing how to answer. "
I could say the same to you, ma'am. We are bird-kind, and you are obviously elven. I am Max, Malik's over there, and you've already met Varen. That cloud was Zelena's magic. A curse. I suspect she ripped us off of Ellismire to a whole new world. A world without magic, it appears." she said, looking to Malik for some help. "Your wound is extensive, I need to clean it, and then bind it. It's going to hurt, probably a lot." she said. With that, Max heated some water, but not to a boil. Just hot enough to kill what bacteria was in the wound. Tearing off part of Malik's torn up shirt, Max soaked it in the hot water. Placing it on the tear, Max heard Demiel suck in a breath. She lifted it, and wringed it out over the wound, seeing dirt and nasty stuff running from it, she repeated the process until the water ran mostly clear, with a little blood. This being done, Max tore off a part of her jacket, and tied it around Demiel's stomach. Using on of the straight sticks Malik had cooked the fish on, she tied it tight into a makeshift tourniquet.

"
There. Should be good for tonight." she said. Looking up, she saw the sky had begun to darken. She turned to look at Varen. "We're going to need some more firewood to last the night." she said, cold already spreading through her limbs. She shivered. Malik was already in the process of making a shelter enough for all of them. That brought a smile to her face, he knew what they needed even before she had to ask it. Turning back to Demiel, she smiled encouragingly. "We are about as confused as you are. I reckon we need to get to Zelena to reverse this." she said with a hint of hatred in her voice. She hated Zelena. Zelena only added evidence to the argument that all magic is evil. People didn't seem to grasp the good that magic could do, just the bad.

"Zelene." She spat, the only emotion in her tone was anger. The moment she had seen Zelena, her only focus was to kill her with an arrow to her neck. Yet again, the vast amount of people had made her unable to shoot properly in a straight path, which made it impossible to kill her. That had given the magic enough time to slowly overtake them, and toss them into this world. She looked inot their eyes and a small spark of trust came into it. She accepted a few bites of the fish, then her body reacted and she devoured the rest of it, with a hunger she had to fill. She let them lift her shirt up to inspect the wound, but she held the hand so it did not go up further. Elven or not, the male was still enough to make her wary about revealling her, if scarred, body.

"I'll manage to get through it." Seh hissed as she touched it, which caused some blood to seep out, "It had to have been one of hte rocks when I fell over, unelss I cut it on the way over here. This will get really bad for us, I know it will." She said not more, leaving it on that thoguht. That wasn't intentional, but she didn't trust them enough to tell them her real thoughts past that. She laid down, in a chily slience, and she slowly waved them on to treat it. Her hands grabbed hte worn wood of her bow and she braced, even thoguht it would still take several minutes to begin. She'd rahter be prepared then upset and lost, "Please, just get it over with."

~Unknown Location~
-Interrogation room-
:Darvian Tavish:

As he finally got up, feeling completely rested, Darvian got up of the floor, his leg still cramped a bit because bones really do not heal completely. his wings, on the other hand, were completely fine, and he could soar the skies with ease. but seeing that staying in this room won't be helpful any longer, he walked outside into the hallway, on his right, he could see a broken glass window, and two strange men looking at it and scratching their heads. Darvian tried creep up on them, but he was, you know, not sneaky. The men turned around "Nice to see that you have FINALLY woke up, Darvian." The men did not seem at all any familiar to Darvian, but they did not attack him...yet. they started nodding in disagreement. "You know Zelena's going to be MAD!" the other one quickly replied back. "Oh yeah! so mad...do you know where he might have went possibly?" Darvian thought for a second. "Hmm, i broke one of his wings, he could not have gone far, to the end or outskirts of the city?" The men snapped their fingers in a synchronized motion, and then spoke at the same time. "Yes! that's a great idea! We have a van for you to hide in!" Darvian snorted. "Why would I need to hide? I am fearless!" The men started laughing hysterically, while Darvian lowered his sword and gave a 'wtf' face toward them. The man on the right finally spoke to him, while in the laugh. "Haha! Because, *sniffles* the other people will shoot you down like no tomorrow!" The other finally caught his breath. "We will explain it more in-depth once you get in the van." Darvian finally gave in, shrugged his shoulders, and followed the men in secret to their van parked at the bottom, and they scrunched the big Draconian in with the tools, his sword, some bras and who knows whatnot!

~Unknown Location~
-In a 'van'-

The man who was driving chuckled at poor Darvian, who was stuffed in there like a pillow. He then replied "Comfy back there bud?" Darvian slowly turned his head toward their direction, and growled. "What do you think?" The men laughed again. this time the men on the right looked at Darvian. "Okay, I am pretty sure this needs a bit of an explanation, lets just say, you are in a different place, one in which people like you don't exist in this world so, if they see you...they'll freak out. people like Dylan, Zelena and Azmere. They can at least find a way to BLEND IN, you on the other hand, no clothing in the world can ever make you look normal." Darvian's armor started to ache on his body, he then asked in a muffled tone. "Well, if they freak out, will they not fear me and they will do whatever I please?" The man nodded in disagreement with Darvian "No i am sorry but that is not how the people here work, they will hunt you down, and shoot you with rapid firing guns, then they will dissect you and see what treasures you have inside!" he said as he made exaggerating hand motions to go with it.
"Lovely...so where are we now?"
"Hopefully, near Dylan."

Varen sighed as he was once again ordered around to get things for them, not that he didn't know they needed them, but it was just getting dumb. "Is there anything else we need while I'm on it? I will get enough wood, I'm just not sure if we should stay here, I don't feel too safe in this place." he spoke with a worried tone before jumping of and getting more wood, he made sure the fire would stay up for a few more hours with it before sitting back to the others. "So our plan is finding her and make her revert this curse?"

Max scowled at Varen. He could quickly become annoying. They were safe enough, the incline in the cave gave them shelter from above, and the entrance produced a natural defensive position. This guy obviously didn't have any skills in survival. She smirked. "We're safe enough, this is the best defendable position in miles, plus I don't think Demiel is able to move far with her wound. If we're going to be allies, you need to trust me." she snarled at the elf. The last thing she needed was someone questioning her. "Plus, we have food-" she was interrupted by several people in some sort of uniform barging in. "This is private property, and you are trespassing." One of the short men said. He didn't get farther than that, for Max immediately leaped into action. A lifetime of survival taught her to react fast, and don't give time for the enemy to think. She quickly boxed the short guys ears, hard, and punched him hard in the face. Sweeping the mans feet out from under him, the man went down. Looking over briefly she saw Malik doing the same to the officer closest to him.

As she charged the next person, she heard "
Stop! I'll shoot!" Stopping for a moment, Max cocked her head. The man was holding some sort of metal thing, how could it possibly shoot her? No arrow, anything. Laughing, Max launched herself at the officer. Before she could land her first punch there was a loud BANG! and Max went down. felt as if burning metal had ripped through her skin. Looking down, Max saw blood seeping from a wound in her shoulder. The world started spinning. Falling to the ground, Max looked at Malik. Malik was restrained, but pulling with all his strength to get to her. She thought she heard him scream her name, but she couldn't be sure. "Malik..." she said softly. His name was the last word on her lips before her world went black.

The policemen took the group into custody. Luckily, Max and Malik had put jackets on, hiding their wings....for now. But the two elves...who knew. Malik and Varen were put into the same cell, Demiel had a cell all to herself.

Max was taken to a medical facility. At this facility, they stripped her to get to her wound. In the process, they discovered she had wings. Wonder spread across all the faces of the doctors and nurses. Putting this wonder aside, they treated the wound. They dug the bullet out, and cleaned it and patched it up.

Even with the discovery of her wings, the police forced the doctors to let them take her into custody. She was placed in the cell with Demiel, still out cold from the anesthesia used to put her officially under for the surgery. They weren't very gentle either, the jostling had caused her wound to bleed a bit. The officers slammed the doors shut and locked them on the way out, leaving Demiel and Max alone in the darkness.

The officers went straight to Malik and Varen's cell and searched for 'abnormalities'. They discovered Malik's wings, and Varen's ears. They did the same to Demiel....they slowly discovered that they had creatures who were not fully human, or not human at all in their custody.
A few hours later, Max awoke with a groan. The ground below her was cold and hard, not the soft sand she was on before. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked around. First, she saw her wings were spread slightly on the floor, meaning the people, whoever they were, knew about her wings, and that she wasn't clothed very much. Just a really tight tank top, and some short shorts. Her shoulder and her head were pulsing. It felt like someone was taking a hammer and just pounding her.

Ignoring the pain, Max slowly sat up. Gasping at the pain racing through her shoulder, she grasped her shoulder, where she was shot, and applied pressure. She looked around the room once more. She discovered Demiel, who was being really quiet, was also there....but where were Malik and Varen? She started to panic. Were they back at the Institute? Did Jeb know they were here? Fear raged through her, but she didn't let it show. She calmly looked to Demiel.
"What happened? Where are we?" she asked, not wanting to let on that she was terrified.

Dylan
Dylan awoke the instant he heard the van. It couldn't be more than a mile off. He untied himself from the tree, and climbed down. Instead of taking to the air, he ran on foot. Silently racing through the trees, he left the van behind. After running/jogging/walking for most of the day, he came to a lake with a dock next to it. Some people had left their jet ski there, and the key was in the seat. Dylan jumped on the ski, a bit confused. It took him a few minutes to figure out to put the key in the ignition and start the machine. It took him another couple minutes to familiarize himself with how to steer, how to accelerate, and how to back out. Once he felt he had mastered it, he raced across the lake. Reaching the other side, Dylan jumped off and into the water. Swimming to shore, Dylan decided it was safe to take to the air. He flew a couple miles before his stomach started growling viciously. He landed, and set some traps in the forest, hoping to catch some game. He then proceeded to find a good place to set up camp.

I wonder if Max is okay. Malik better be taking good care of her....he thought. Unbeknownst to him, Max and her little group had been arrested....and people knew they weren't from this world.

The elf wasn't focusing on anything when the attack happened, only bracing for the pain. She had closed her eyes and ears so taht she could focus on the stick she had, which was actually a broken part of her bow. She felt the pain of the cut in her stomach and it was getting worse, meaning some sand or dirt had entered the wound. She moaned in pain as she felt the world shift a bit as time went on, and she barely made out the argument between the two allies. She was still gazing blankly at the sky, trying to remember how to breathe as the noises entered her ears and they all seemed ot yell at her at once. She was going to sit up, yet the combination of the pain, the noises and the weapons all at once overwhelmed her. That, and a sudden kick to her side by one of the men made her gasp, throwing her careful control off, and sent her sprawling into oblivion.

* * * * *​

When the elf awoke, she was on the cold bed of the cell, and she immediately noticed her pain had, at least partially, lessened. She groaned, focusing on the little pinpoint of light above her, which only served to make the darkness around her appear all that more deeper. She turned her head and was able to pick out her new friend Max, the bird-kind, sitting there. She looked at her and she heard the question, yet they were alone now and none were there to answer the question. On top of this, the anesthesia they had given her was only a small dose, yet it served to keep her down on the bed without mobility. She roughly guessed it must have been four or so hours after they had stitched her up, although, without knowledge of the procedure or sun, this was a sole guess.

"I-I..." EAch word made her ache with effort, "I don't know." She moaned finally, and looked over, "Max...is that you?" She wanted to be sure. Without her knife or her bow, she felt more than vulnerable; she felt torn open. She wanted to be sure that was her ally by her side, "Where...are we? Why do my...ears ache? What did they do?" Her lips faltered as they trembled, and she was unable to focus enough to speak more.

Max
Max had just nodded off to sleep by the time the elf had answered. Demiel's voice jolted her awake. When Demiel asked if it was her, Max nodded, despite the pain it brought. Then she remembered that Demiel probably couldn't see her. "Yeah, it's me." she said, her voice rough. Max would kill for a glass of water. She had all the signs of early dehydration, headache, parched throat, dizziness. She shook the feeling off, deciding not to worry about it.

Max stood up, wincing at the pain that the jostling caused. Taking deep breathes, she walked over to Demiel. "
I'm going to check your wound, the one from earlier." she said softly, not wanting to startle her. Lifting up the elves shirt just enough to see the wound, she was only a little surprised to see a line of stitches. Excellently done too. "Where...are we? Why do my...ears ache? What did they do?" At her question, Max frowned. Moving up to the top of the bed, Max pushed Demiel's hair out of the way so Max could get a look at her ears. Seeing nothing wrong with her right ear, she asked Demiel to turn her head, so she could get a look at the left ear.

What she saw made her gasp. the top of the left ear had a deep set of sutures in it. It was as if they had tried to cut the top of her ear off! Rage trembled through her. She didn't count Demiel as a friend, yet, but she deeply respected the elven race. And to show such disrespect, and cause this much pain...unforgivable.
"It looks like they tried to cut the top part of your ear off...but then sewed it back together." she said at Demiel's inquisitive look. Her voice trembled in fury. These monsters would have to pay.

Just then, the door opened, and someone thrust two trays in the tray slots between the bars of the cell. "Dinner." a rough voice called and then walked out, closing and locking the door behind him. Max walked over to the trays, on each tray there was some sort of soup, bread, and more importantly, a large glass of water. She quickly grabbed one of the cups and guzzled it all down, enjoying the soothing feeling it brought going down her parched throat. Picking up the other glass, she walked over to Demiel, who was still lying down. Gently, Max helped her up into a sitting position and handed her the glass. "
To answer your question, I think we are taken in by some sort of law enforcers? What kind of law prohibits you from sleeping on a beach?" she asked, confused.

Malik

Malik shook his head as Max ran off into the woods. That girl was always risking life and wing to help others. That was the thing Malik loved most about her; that and her, well, never mind…that’s private. Malik set the basket of fish on the ground and set about building a fire. Cooking in sand was tricky. He needed a way to protect the flames from the sea breeze. He narrowed his eyes to utilize his raptor vision and scoured the area for some rocks or big logs that he could use. Fortunately, there were some jetties nearby and they seemed to be large enough to offer some protection. He grabbed the meal and leapt over allowing his wings to work as a glider. Malik found a perfect spot, gathered some wood from the trees nearby and used his fire starter to get a blaze crackling.

Once he had gotten everything set for dinner, he allowed the fish to cook. Malik then turned his attention towards building a shelter. It went a little slower than something like this should normally take. This was one hundred percent because of Max. Malik couldn’t keep his eyes off her. She brought back a wounded elf and began to help care for the girl. Mama Max. Malik chuckled softly to himself.

He was nearly finished with the structure. It was just a roof propped up against the back end of a large jetty, but it should be large enough for the four of them to crawl in and lay down. The fire was close enough to billow in some heat but shouldn’t be a fire hazard. Malik really wasn’t worried since the wood he used for the shelter was mostly driftwood and water logged.

Malik walked over towards the group satisfied with his work and was about to enjoy some of the fish that was making his saliva glands work overtime. That’s when the goon squad showed up. Malik would’ve normally just taken off but his instincts changed around Max. He saw her leap into action and was about to do the same when something stuck into his neck. He pulled it out and there was a tiny dart with a pink feather. “What the…?” Malik whirled around to see a few more men but these had on green uniforms. Anger welled inside the birdman and he went to fly only to find that he felt like his wings weighed a thousand pounds each. The world began to spin and Malik fell to his knees. BANG! He turned to see Max bleeding on the ground. The green uniformed men began to restrain him. Malik fought but his strength was fading and the last thing he saw was Max looking at him, wounded.

+++++
Malik awoke on a cold hard floor surrounded by metal bars. “MAX!” Malik shot into a sitting position and felt the headache come barreling after. He cupped his hands against his eyes and took a second to gather his equilibrium. His wings had been furled and tied. It was not a pleasant. He saw Varen lying unconscious across his cell. Malik was extremely weak and it took quite some effort to stand. Once on his feet he walked over to check that Varen was still alive. He was. Malik then walked to the front of the cell and grabbed the bars as tight as he could with both hands. His muscles strained and flexed under the pressure but the bird kid could not pry them apart. He allowed his face to fall against the cold confines of his cage. A single whisper escaped his lips and he closed his eyes. “Max…”

Demiel noddd, but hte pain of doing so nearly made her regret the action, "I guess so." She moved her lips, as if they were foriegn to her. She looked around, and what hse was seeing held her no comfort. The strangeness of htis place was more than simply fearful, it was simply upsetting. She looked up again at the light and her pupils dilated a small bit, making her moan a small bit as it hurt her eyes. She wasn't able to think straight or focus, so she instead laid back down, her breathing becoming shallow yet on the right pace, "Well alright." she felt hopless, as if she wasn't able to think. Without seeing it, the small part of her neck where they'd shot her was visible. This was why she didn't want to trust anyone. This was why she hated relying on people.

Azmere

Azmere was in a state of absolute elation. Zelena had always treated him as a child, not her own but perhaps a nephew. He had always performed his duties in a way he hoped would raise him in her eyes. Finally, it seemed his hard work and diligence had paid off. His face was flush because his blood was on fire in his veins. If an entire army of birdkids came through the door, they would be no more than mere insects. Azmere has always been an elf fueled by emotion. Right now, he could probably fly himself!

When Zelena moved, Azmere settled his wandering mind and did his best to control the rapid beating of his heart. He knew she had a job for him. He studied the picture before him. He had seen this one before. Azmere scoffed at the mention of Zelena’s ‘general’. Darvian was about as tactful as a worm. He took the picture of Darvian. Azmere had never seen a draconian. In person but he was certain that Darvian must be ugly even by their standards. An evil grin crawled across his face when Zelena said she trusted him. Azmere rose from the couch, replaced his mask and picked up the rifle. He knelt on one knees next to her and placed the butt of the gun on the ground while holding the barrel. He used his free hand to take hers and bowed his head against it. “I will not fail you, my queen.” Azmere rose and took a step back getting a firm hold on the rifle. “What mode of transport is available here?”

Max
When Demiel decided to lay down, Max went to the bars holding them in. Her wings were hurting. They had used some sort of wire to tie them together. When Demiel got up, she would ask her to untie them. Grabbing the bars of the cell, she looked around. Cells just like theirs lined the wall. She wondered if Malik was in one of these cells..."Malik...." she whispered, not having the energy to say more than that. Max looked at her shoulder, it should be healed soon. Pressing a finger to it, it still stung a bit, so she decided to leave the bandage on. Going back to her mat on the floor, Max laid on her stomach, and promptly passed out.

Zelena
Zelena smiled at his reaction. She was pleased that he was so eager to please her, that he would do his best work. "You leave immediately. I've already had your bags packed, and a horse is ready for you." she said, knowing he would be far more efficient, and used to horses than he would with cars. Zelena had other things to think about. She was getting ready to bring magic into this land. She went back to her books, and started to study.

They slammed the door open. Jerking the boy with wings to his feet, they half dragged him out of the cell, with him struggling to get free. When the reached the exit, they closed and locked it behind them. No matter how much the boy struggled, he could not escape. Likewise, when he cursed, or demanded to know where they were taking him, the men remained silent.
When they reached their destination, they entered a white room, with a stretcher. They tried to get him on the stretcher, and tie him down, but the he went crazy. He kept struggling, and managed to get one arm free. He slugged the guy holding her other arm, but not before one of the scientists had stuck his neck with a mild sedative. It wouldn't knock him out, or cloud his mind, it would just calm him down enough for them to strap him down. They tied him face down, with her face to the side, so they could examine his wings with ease. "Be careful. Don't damage the subject." sad a voice coming from the lead scientist. "Go get the other one, and be more careful with her, or I'll have your head." he snarled. With that, the men exited the room. Handcuffing the boy to the bed to be extra sure, he looked at the girl. "Well, my dear. Looks like it's just you and me. No need to fear, just going to do some tests, to see what you are. You can call me David." said the voice. "Let's get started shall we? First off, what's your name?" in response, the boy spat in his face. "Go to hell." he spat. David calmly wiped the saliva from his face, and repeated the question. When he got no response, he pulled on his wings, causing severe pain. The young man gasped, but continued to resist. David really didn't want to have to torture his subjects, but it looked like he would have no choice. He would run some tests first, find out what they were before they were damaged.
It was then that the men came back with the other kid. Only to start freaking out, even more than the boy did. But in the end, she was overpowered. The men strapped her in the bed next to what David assumed was her brother. The girl's wings were gorgeous, the raven black wings were too, but brown and white contrasted really well. He pulled off the bandage to her wound, and found that it was bleeding, but still, the amount of healing in such a small time span....he quickly wrote that down on his notepad, fast healer. These two specimen were amazing. They had never ever seen anything like it before.
Max

It felt as though she had just fallen asleep when the door slammed open. Rough hands grabbed her and yanked her to her feet. Instinct took over. Struggling to get free, she managed to get one arm free only to have someone press their hand into her woun, making her gasp with pain. Still half-heartedly struggling, Max demanded to know where she was being taken. They entered a white room, and she saw Malik strapped down, with his wings extended. Thinking he was dead due to his silence, and his eyes were closed, Max screamed. She struggled even more, even managed to get free. With a wild glint in her eyes, Max grabbed the closest object to her, a glass bottle, and smashed it on one of her captors head, and slugged the guy next to her. "Let him go!" she screamed. She put up quite a fight, but she was outnumbered 4 to one, and the men finally got a hold of her again. Arching her back, she did all she could to resist being forced on the bed, and being strapped down. But they overpowered her, and tied her up, like they had Malik. She kept her wings furled, even as she felt them pulling on them. She would not let them do anything, at least, not without a fight. Not again. This can't be happening. Is he dead? she kept thinking. It was then that Malik opened his eyes. She saw him react, rage on his face. He started struggling more fervently. She knew he wanted her gone. This was what they wanted. Max pleaded with him with her eyes to settle down, to not react like he normally wouldn't. They were back. Scientists experimenting on them once again....they needed to find a way out.​

Last edited:
~Unknown Location~
-In a 'van'-

Two hours poor Darvian was stuck in the damned van compartment before anything special happened the man driving looked up. "Hey...is that not him flying up there?" Darvian was too busy snoozing and tired to intervene in the current conversation, but he did hear it. The other man replied to him "No, that looks like a bir-no it is him! See? You can clearly see that that bird is wearing sneakers!" The other man turned to his direction and counter-attacked. "What do you mean? Birds do not wear sneakers! That bird is clearly not wearing sneakers!" The man on the right came back in a more pugnacious tone "Are you farking kidding me? That is not a bird! It's a Dylan!" The other man asked in a frustrating question. "What in the name of the USA is a Dylan? That is not any bird I have ever seen."
"No you blubbering butt-cheek! The bird is not a Dylan-bird, that bird is Dylan! He can have the magical powers of flying, just like our overgrown lizard back here." He turned back toward Darvian, and patted his shoulder "No offense mate." Darvian growled. He turned back to continue arguing with the driver. "That's the guy we are chasing! Drive to him! now!" Darvian was fully awake now, and he could see the driver nod and jerk this circle in his hands to the right really hard. we went toward some angled wooden planks overseeing a lake. when we went towards it all three of the van's participants started screaming as the driver pushed hard on the floor, and the car went faster. The man on the right and Darvian hugged each other as they made theier bumpy way on the docks and up the platform.
"AAAAHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAHHHH!!!!"
" It's okay guys, I am a professional."
Darvian and the man on the right both paused for a moment an looked at each other. Then the van went off the wooden planks into the air.

"AAAAHHHH!!!!"
"AAAAHHHH!!!!"
"WWWEEEEE!!!!"
THUNK! The car landed...on a boat! it was miraculous how they survive although there was an angry couple swearing just outside the vehicle. Darvian and the man on the right reconfirmed themselves as the driver spoke. "See, we are just fine and peachy. Now please hold on while I deal with the banshees outside." The man on the right spoke to Darvian as the driver popped out of the car.
"I think now is the proper time to introduce ourselves. My name's Drake, and the imbecile outside's Kyle. We are your new bodyguards!"

Yay!

David told his men to go get the pointed-ear ones. So they obeyed. They weren't careful opening the door, so it slammed open once again. They grabbed the female elf, and yanked her to her feet, and dragged her out of the room. She didn't struggle too much, so it was much easier than taking the girl with wings. When they brought her in the same room with Max and Malik, David scolded them. "Does it look like there's room for four? Take them to a different room." he snarled.

With that, Demiel was dragged to the room down the hall. They handcuffed both hands and feet to the stretcher. One of the young men looked at her. She was pretty, and she was right there. But one of the other men grabbed his arm and pulled him out to go get the male.
They weren't too gentle with Varen either. He put up a small struggle, but they had learned from Malik. They quickly sedated him, and dragged him into the room with the female. But Varen was capable of defending himself, and managed to give both of his captors a black eye. They repeated the process they had gone through with the girl , only they put a strap over his midsection.
David walked in and stuck a needle in the girl's arm, and drew some blood. He repeated the process with the male. "Just going to run some tests, and then it's tiime for questioning."he said with an evil laugh.

The elf was still asleep when they entered the room, and she had no ability to fight back. They roughly gripped her and she tried to fight, yet they didn't give her any opening to retaliate. All that happened was a flash of light, and then a prick of a needle in her arm. The medicine made her dizzy and she wasn't able to focus on her body for a long time. There no longer was anything other than the lights playing on the walls. She hated that nothing was in place, and how things always moved. She wished they'd stop. They did when they pulled her into the room across the hall from Max and sealed the door. She was promptly strapped down and then they started to mess with her.
Experimentation had begun.

Dylan
Dylan heard something behind him. Looking back he saw a car flying into the air and land on a boat. He doubled over laughing for about a second, before turning and flying off as fast as he could. He thought he had escaped them. His wing was pretty much healed and didn't cause him much pain at all.

It was when there was a loud Bang! and he felt air run by his face that he started worrying. Pouring on the speed, he outran the boat, but one of the bullets had managed to graze his knees. Blood dripped down, leaving a trail to where he was going. Looking back, he saw he was pretty far ahead. He landed on a tree branch. Tearing a strip of his shirt off, Dylan wrapped it around his legs to stop the bleeding and took off again.

Dylan couldn't run forever, he would have to fight at some point. So he landed a good 10 miles ahead, and created some deadly traps if one were to walk into them. And some harmless ones, to slow them down. Taking off again, he flew towards a mountain in the distance.

Azmere

Azmere bowed his head and turned to leave. He made brisk steps across the floor to where his blades lay. He retrieved them, locked them together and sheathed the now single blade. He slung the strap around his waist and tossed the strap for his rifle over his head and shoulder. This world had many amazing things but the scout couldn’t help but wonder at the ingenuity used in creating such fantastic weaponry.

Once he reached the stables, Azmere scanned the building until his eyes fell upon a saddle on the fence with several black bags packed next to it. He had done this many times before. Zelena would get an idea in her head, prepare everything and then she would inform him of his role in it. Azmere strode to his gear and knelt down. He began to leaf through the various pockets and compartments to familiarize himself with the locations of his supplies and tools. Noteworthy items were a hand scope with various filters and distance magnifiers, a map with a route drawn across it and objectives noted, a bunch of packets labeled ‘M.R.E.’ and several loaded clips of ammunition for his AR-15.

Azmere nodded and stuck the map in one of his pants pockets. He had seen the general direction to start in. Zelena always drew the route but Azmere was the expert scout and ranger. All he really needed was an end point and the rest would be history. The hand scope had a nifty laredo so he hung it around his neck. He turned to examine the horses. All of these animals seemed strong and obedient but one in particular stood out. It was a brooding stallion who was content to regularly kick his gate every forty seconds. He had a thick black mane and a black mare over his face. Other than that, his coat was an ash color.

Azmere walked over to the stall and grabbed some alfalfa which he offered. The stallion ceased his kicking and came to munch on the sweet grass. Azmere scratched his nose and gave an approving nod. The horse seemed to do the same. “I guess that settles it.” Azmere went back and retrieved all of his gear and saddle and lugged it over to his mount. He was better on foot but the elf was an experienced rider. It took him no time to have the horse saddled and his gear stowed. Azmere was about to mount up but noticed something from the corner of his eye. A black shirt hung from the back fence post of his horse’s stall.

Azmere jumped down and went to investigate. He was only wearing a tank top and as he studied the shirt it was revealed to be the exact material and concept as his pants. Not surprising to uncover, it fit him perfectly. He donned the final piece of his uniform, adjusted his mask and mounted the horse. Azmere made a few soft whispers in Elvish and the horse took off at a soft cantor. He loved his job. If Zelena was watching [and he always hoped that she was], she would see him eyeing the two mug shots she had given him.

David walked into the next room. He looked at the two people there, only they weren't quite human. They had pointed ears, and squinty eyes. He walked over to the male. If he were to guess, David would guess that the creature was an elf; what with the pointy ears and things. But that was preposterous, elves aren't real. Elves are of the fantasy tales. Something straight from Tolkein's books. David put two fingers to the 'elf's' neck, trying to feel for a pulse. He found one. It was faster than a humans, but not so much faster. To compare, he went over to the female, and did the same. He came out with the same result.
Smiling to himself, David went to the cabinet that contained all the sedatives and anesthesia. Pulling out a certain anesthetic, David withdrew what should be enough to put the elf under for a few hours. Walking over to the male elf, David flipped his arm over, looking for a vein. Luckily, there was a vein near the top of the arm, right next to the shoulder. Inserting the syringe into this vein, he plunged the sucker home. The meds should take a few minutes to kick in. David turned to leave the room to go check on the birdkids. Suddenly, the elf started seizing. Running over to him, David quickly undid the belt holding his waist down, to prevent damage. Stupid. You didn't even think that the anesthetic would react with his body like this. He ain't even human! Stupid mistake, you idiot. he thought to himself. White foam started seeping from Varen's mouth, his eyes rolled into the back of his head, and continued to thrash. The only thing keeping him on the bed was the handcuffs on his limbs.
David ran to the cabinet and grabbed some adrenaline. Praying this would work, David plunged the syringe down into the elf's chest. He hoped that was where his heart was. Shortly after, the elf stopped seizing, and his vitals went back to 'normal'. With a breath of relief, David sat stretcher in the sitting position, and offered the elf some water. "That was a close call, my friend. Here, drink. Get your strength up." he said.

When Varen woke up he felt pain as he was looking up he saw a bright light in the room and held his arm before his eyes before he started drinking, not quite realizing who was in front of him. "Ugh.." he groaned as he finished drinking his eyes finally adjusted to the light and he grabbed the man by his throat. "What did you do to use demon?" he held him slightly above the ground, but let him down shortly after as he realized his body was still rather weak, but he was sure he could take this guy on.
"Speak demon!" Varen groaned as he realized that he had gotten injections he looked at him more angry. "Wh-what did you do to me?" he was rather surprised upon seeing all the things in the room now and let go of David completely, his ears now sharp again and his eyes completely used to the light, or as much as they would get used to the artificial light.

Status
Not open for further replies.