The Consequence of Saving

Cassadel had starting speaking once more and Ferah gave him her undivided attention. It was a shame that she had no idea what was coming out of his mouth! For starters, when she looked over to him, he looked as if he was staring at something in a long distance. His blue eyes held a glazed look as if someone had plastered the expression on his face and left him the way he was. She was tempted to wave something in front of him, but it may not have helped at all.

"Cassadel?"

She blinked twice and even shifted in her spot to make some sort of movement. He hadn't made a sound before he blinked and then mumbled something about a cabin. Ferah tilted her head, sunlight bouncing off of the silver strands that fell around her hair. The color of her eyes dipped into a lighter pink and she pursed her lips in a tight line. Ferah hated not being in the know. If something was amiss...she needed comfort in knowing what was wrong or if there was anything she could do to amend things. But...now it seemed like Cassadel was going insane!

"A cabin...?"

Cassadel nodded and turned to her.

"My lady, the is a secluded cabin we can hide in. It should be within the forest about a hours walk from here. If you want to leave, we can go there."

He was very sure of himself.
This cabin had to be the answer.
At least for now it could be.
It was better than camping out again.
Spirit started to get up and around for the rest of the day.

"Would that be satisfactory, my lady?" he asked

"Anything is satisfactory than here."she replied and got up at the same time, however, a little too quickly. A pang hit her head and she began to swoon back and forth. All of the blood began sloshing around through her brain and she fought to keep a hold on gravity. The closes thing to her was Cassadel's arms, so that was the first thing she latched onto. Ger eyes closed as a tiny sigh escaped her lips, silver hair falling around the right side of her face. The world was a spinning top and Ferah held on for the ride. She could sense the tension between Spirit and Cassadel and tried to maintain her hold on his arms.

"I...I'm okay..."she mumbled, trying to give him her best reassuring smile. It wasn't too believable, but it was all the she had at the moment. To know that the two of them would be safe in a cabin together, Ferah's heart began beating wildly in her chest. This could actually be the start of things looking up for her. Cassadel would protect her and the two of them can plan out what to do to save Gestolan.

Everything...for the moment...seemed fine.

He was startled at the sudden latching.
Hair waves as his head is turned,
Realizing what had happened, Cassadel could not help but laugh.

"We should move at once, my lady. It may not be long before the soldiers come back."

His free arm guided her towards Spirit.
Before long, they would be safe inside actual shelter.
The feeling of warmth overtook his body.
Hopefully, there was comfy beds.
Sleeping on the dusty wood didn't seem like a better choice than hard earth.

It was good to see that Spirit was in better spirits than she was before. It may have been due to lack of food and sleep, but she got plenty of that minutes ago. now the horse was trotting with a bubbly attitude, even occasionally letting out a soft whinny into the air, as if she were trying to spark conversation between the two. Ferah could not help but grin while her arms were wrapped around Cassadel's waist, holding on as he coaxed Spirit towards the cabin of which he spoke of. Cassadel seemed in better spirits as well. In fact, all three of them had now passed the chaotic aftermath of the world being split. Sure, they had some responsibilities that they had yet to follow, but there was no rush. They all needed a breather.

The forest was starting to wind down into a meadow before it picked back up to a cluster of flora, trees, and more wildlife. Ferah let her eyes scan over every inch of the place, becoming familiar with certain spots just in case they needed a quick escape. The cabin, however, was it abandoned? Was it Cassadel's? And how long would they stay in it? Time could only tell as the three of them continued to push through the forest while the day was slowly slipping into the night again.

Cassdel could not help but feel differently, when the armor was off.
Everything felt so peaceful.
Like there was nothing but peace in the world.
Even Ferah holding of his waist felt so calm and natural.
Randomly, he just kisses her cheek.
For no reason, besides that he just could.

A cabin started to come into sight.
It was well concealed for what it looked like.
A small porch outstretched the front and it was made of a bamboo like foliage.
The place didn't seem to match the surroundings.
Must have been an imported materials.

Ferah's cheeks flared when she detected soft kisses landed on her cheeks while they rode on to the cabin. She was growing more embarrassed by the moment. He was becoming closer and closer to her, both physically and in spirit. Ferah's eyes softened and she had no words to say while Spirit trotted on to the cabin. It was finally coming into view and Ferah heaved a heavy sigh when they finally closed in. All the stress and weight of the events before were quickly sliding from her shoulders. There was still hope for Gestolan, but before anything could be done, they all needed to rest.

Ferah was helped off of the horse by Cassadel and she quickly walked into the cabin. It held a very homey feel and even smelled like Bethal's place. Spices were littering the window in a parade of fragrances. There was the occasional wooden chair and table, eating area, and a room branched off to the far right.

That is where she was headed.

Ferah zipped through and ripped all of her clothes off, plopping her body on the bed and wrapping herself in the covers with a large sigh.

"Peace at last..."she said softly.

It was a rather surprising sight.
Cassadel was taking off Spirit's saddle, when he set his eyes on it.
Ferah whizzed by a window.
Then her dressy thing followed close behind.
His instant reaction was to get wide-eyed and remain still.
It wasn't because he see anything, because he didn't.
The fact that he knew she was....unclothed....made his brain in need of a reboot.

Spirit gazed on some grass, as the knight lugged his armor.
He was curious as to what to make of a potential chance.
Placing his armor down, Cassadel stood in the doorway.
His shirt was tightly in the right palm.
Blushing and running his finger through his hair, his words were light.

"Care to share peace with me?"

Ferah did not know what he meant by the question, but she did not think too much into it. Her mind was somewhere else off into a fabulous world of comfort and serenity at the moment. There was no need to break her back over worrying about Gestolan and the war Hydrena and Zarlon may be causing in the future. No worrying about the soldiers of both lands finding her or about all of the rumors about the Miheth clan that were soon to be spread. No, there was no time for all of that. The time of rest and relaxation was needed and there was no way that Ferah was going to squeeze out of it. Instead, she answered his question by poking her silver haired head from under the covers.

"Peace? I assume you mean are you able to rest. Yes, so be it. You may sleep to the foot of the bed and I will sleep soundly right here. I may awaken quicker than you, and if I do, I will find something to prepare for breakfast."she said, smiling before she curled her body up again, sbuggling deeper within the covers. It was no mystery that Ferah was embarrassed by his eyes watching her, but she thought nothing of it. Pulling the covers around her shoulders, she sighed and closed her eyes with a small smile.

"Goodnight, sir..."

Cassadel's eyes squinted at her.
After all of that...he gets the foot of the bed.
Was he a dog to her?
They shared such intimate moments.
This had to be some sort scheme.
Ferah was surely teasing him.

A smirk cracked his expression.
Becoming very bold, the knight skillfully gets under the covers.
Before Ferah could move he wrapped his arms around her.

"My lady, I think it would be safest for us to share embrace. Besides, you really think after a kiss, like the one earlier, would keep me at the foot of the bed?"

He squeezes her tightly and give a light kiss.

Ferah's body snapped straight when Cassadel's warmth overglowed her body once again for that day. He dutifully ignored what she had just said and climbed right behind her. Ferah was a wreck at his words and actions. the confidence and tiny spot of ego she had displayed earlier was washed away quickly like a sponge on a dirty window. Oh, how embarrassing this was for her! How could she debate when his arms were around her and he brought back the kiss they shared earlier? Great big circles of red colored her cheeks but she did not utter a word. Even when he planted a tiny kiss on her cheek Ferah could do nothing still. Instead she only tried to boost up her confidence even more.

"The kiss was nothing more than a...an act of fear! I do appreciate that you did it for me but do not think that it means anything more than that."she said. Her voice was wavering and had no background support as she lay naked in the bed, but she was not going to lay down arms! Cassadel would see that she had confidence! Or...at least a small portion of it.

"And sleeping to the foot of the bed is not a problem at all, but if it means that much to you, I will kindly sleep down there and you can stay up here. Either is your choice but this option is a no. You will do fine by yourself."she said. The confidence was slowly, very very slowly starting to return, but it was only a matter of time before Cassadel shot that down too.

Like most other things Ferah says, Cassadel can see right through it.
It was usually the redness that gave it all away.
Though, it took him a second to find a decent response.
With her, in his arms, he could take all day.

"It's okay to be a little nervous, about us."

His skin seem to warm at the words.

"Honestly, it frightened me knowing how quickly I have grown fond of you. You can fight this all you want...I know two things at the end of the day. First, you are a strong, capable woman and there is no need to try and put up a walls like that. I see how you were, during the earthquake. You were rather wonderful."

He began to let his finger tips dance on Ferah's back.
Hopefully, she would his sincerity.

"The second thing is...no matter what...you will always have a place, in my heart. So...perhaps we could share this bed, my lady?"

Feeling a little a too sappy, he lightly hits his head on the pillow.
All that knight wanted to do was hold her.
Now he felt like he had shown too much underbelly.
What would Ferah do?
Will she crush him?
Or will she give him a little redemption?

There was nothing she could do against his sincerity. There was absolutely no words she could say or actions she could follow through with to back up her words. He was right. In fact, he was always right! Ferah had listened to his wise words since the day the two of them had met so there was no reason to hide from them while they were in safety. It seemed that Cassadel had given up trying to console her and hit his head on the pillow instead. Ferah turned over on her side, careful to pull the covers tightly around her body so as not to expose her skin. To have his eyes on her body...she shuddered at the thought.

"Fine. I suppose we can both share the bed. It seems we are only seconds away from sleep as well. I pray you sleep soundly, sir Cassadel."she said, giving him a short smile before she shut her eyes, still facing her. There was nothing but darkness behind her eyelids and it was such a peaceful place to be. She wanted nothing more than to stay in that peace forever: enveloped in darkness and wrapped in Cassadel's strong arms, feeling his breath blowing back strands of her hair. Sighing peacefully, she snuggled again.

"Good night."

Ferah seems as though she was hell bent on sleep.
It was understandable.
She was so careful of her body that curiosity arose within Cassdel.
What was she hiding?
Was there a scar he was not allowed to see?
Probably not.
It was obviously her keeping the body a secret.
He was let this far.
How far could he really go before she would actually stop him?
She looks so peaceful that he almost felt bad, for what he was about to do.
It wasn't anything terrible.
The act would be as innocent ad can be.

"Goodnight, my lady." he whispered, squeezing for a second

Lowering his head, slightly, the knight pressed his lips onto hers.
A little sensation built up in his midsection, and a little moan resonated.

Ferah's eyes were still closed even as Cassadel whispered goodnight beside her lips. She had no idea that there was little to no distance between their lips at all! When he whispered, she felt his breath linger against her lips. It was sweet and warm and soothing, and of course, she had no idea that he was going to kiss her soon afterwords, but nothing was set in stone with Cassadel. His lips had pressed on her own. No....no, not again! Her stomach had began doing back flip over back flip only by mere contact! It was made a hell of a lot worse when a tiny moan escaped through his lips and onto her own.

"Ca...Ple...a....don't....st-st..."

She was trying desperately to tell him to stop. So hard to tell him that the kiss was making her feel a way she didn't think was appropriate with her guide. Oh, how she tried to so very hard to maintain stability while he was kissing her. What would she do? Let him in? Tell him to stop?

Go along with it? She left it up to Cassadel to decide.

It was his choice, to go further, it seemed.
He could tell she was having fixed feelings.
Her body, mind, and heart all were wanting different things.
Cassadel would break the inner stalemate.
So he looked at their journey so far.
Their mutual caring had brought in some positive.
It that span, there were a lot of adventure and subtle romance.
Then there was their first kiss....
.......It was nice.
Feeling good things, he made his choice.

"Ferah, I lov--" he cut himself off by kissing Ferah more.

[SPOILI]
His body began to rise...
Moving slowly, Cassadel started getting under her side of the covers.
The rustling of the sheet fabric fluttered through the air.
Looking down into her eyes, he gave her a "last chance to say no" face.
At the same time, his hand began inching the bottom down the hips.
[/SPOILI]

She honestly had no idea what to do. Her breathing had gotten so loud to the point where she heard little of what he said. If she wasn't mistaken, she could've heard him say the word love, but Ferah could not concentrate to save her life, the life she was not supposed to have! The thoughts always came back to haunt her, even at a moment like the one they were both wrapped in. How she wished that Cassadel's voice did not make her melt! How she wished that she did not want to submit to his every order.

But....she couldn't. Not then. Not after knowing Gestolan was ripped apart and on the verge of war.

Reluctantly, Ferah broke the lock they connected between their lips, even though there was nothing but light shuddering breaths that were had afterwards. Her face was still painted a dark red, but she had to maintain stability in order to come out and say the next words with confidence. Cassadel was sure to take her seriously so she just had to act the part.

"I...I can't, Cassadel. Gestolan is...I...I was supposed to..."

She failed in maintaining stability. Instead, her head sank down into his shoulder as she began to sob.

Cassadel let his gaze zone out into nothingness.
It appears that his choice was the wrong.
Between her sobs and his feeling of defeat....it was rather depressing.
Running his fingers through her hair, Cassadel released the warmth between them and laid next to her.

"People aren't "suppose" to do anything. One has the to either do something....or not do it. Consequences come either way." he said holding her hand and buried his head in the pillow.

He didn't want to totally leave her out in the wind.
Though, if she was able to put him down, the knight felt that trying again would be futile.
Ferah was not interested in him.
Maybe the idea of him just sparked her interest long enough to cause a false hope.
Feeling unworthy, he his gaze turned and refuse a chance to see her real form.
Fortunately, that feeling was decently masked.

The entire mood in the room dropped from a heavenly warmth to a cold, ominous truth. The reality of the situation was stated and Ferah was oddly disgusted with herself for letting her emotions cloud her judgement. Many times she had tried to fight against the urge to cuddle against him, but after telling him that she couldn't Cassadel had suddenly become an entirely different person. His face fell the moment she got done speaking and Ferah's fell along with it. She wished she were wrong about what she told him. She wished she were dead wrong about Gestolan and asked him to come back near her own warmth in the bed.

But she could not do that because everything she said was dead true.

As different of a reality she thought it was, laying with him alone in that cabin, they were still in Gestolan. They had still witnessed the rift of Hydrena and Zarlon. They had still hid from those three soldiers who were probably looking for the Miheth girl, and they still had to wake up in the same place. No amount of emotion could shroud her eyes from that reality. Ferah did not want to live in the fantasy world where she in the charming guide were alone and together forever, free to do whatever theyy wish, whenever they wish to do it. No. Ferah wanted to soother out reality first...then take the steps into her fantasy one at a time.

"Yes, sir..." It was the only thing she said before she closed her eyes and slept.

As she slept, Cassadel got out of bed and sneaked back into his non-metal garments.
He was empty, in expression.
However, under the surface, his thoughts were busy at work.
It all had gotten his skin.
Doubt had taken hold of his confidence.
He could do nothing but be still and know that Ferah didn't want him.
Not that he couldn't wait...it still hurts to be told that one is not good enough for one night...

Emotion started to seep to the surface, as some sort of understanding was attempted to be had.

"What even was the point of trying?" he whispered

A vein popped out on his forehead.
Not wanted to wanting to wake Ferah, he imagined a candle.
It was a lone candle, in the middle of an other pitch black room.
In his head, Cassadel slipped out of the shadows and throw a clump of dirt.
With the flame ousted, the knight was able to contain himself.
Though the new demeanor became very stoic.

The rest of the night was spend staring, blankly, out a window.
A glimmer of sunlight, eventually, pushed the dark out of sight.
Sleep did not even seem worth it, at that point.
Now he just had to keep it together.
Long enough for the heart to grow weary and die down.