The Consequence of Saving

Not the turn of events Ferah had in mind...but what could she do about it then? She was a sad, sick, helpless little puppy in the arms of Cassadel as he kissed her suddenly. How sudden it was! One minute, Ferah was busy dissecting the things that he was telling her. To be honest, it was an entire bunch of mumbo jumbo in her head. The only thing she knew for sure, was that he had just confessed his love for her in broad daylight on the and of Hydrena before pulling her into the kiss she was wrapped in now. Ferah had no idea how to react! Never before had she been kissed in such a way, and in such short notice! The height difference was a terrible trait, but Ferah did not want to break it. Instead, she stood on her tip toes to press her lips against his as well.

What...are we doing?

There was a feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was a rattling and rumbling, much like when Gestolan began to separate, except there was apleasure fire placed in there as well. Her lands shivered in place along with the rest of her body. Ferah had no idea what was going on, only that she did not want it to stop.

Cassadel felt her press back, which made him feel so good.
Adrenaline shot through his body.
His chest felt like it would cave, from the weight of the moment.
Body temperature increased, and his lip trembled from Ferah.
The instincts begged for him to take her right there.
His fingertips ran all the way up her body and onto stopped onto her cheeks.
The wind gave him goosebumps that he didn't want to go away.

"Ferah..." he whispered, breaking the kiss.

His blues eyes seemed to flare from staring at her pinkish ones.
Running his fingers through her hair, Cassadel kissed her more.
This was so meaningful to him.
It happened so fast that everything seemed to blur.

Things were happening so very fast for Ferah. She could remember that only hours before, Cassadel was making breakfast after holding her while she slept through her tear filled night. And now, he was tracing his fingers along her body, caressing her and such a way that Ferah almost wanted to melt then and there. The only feelings she felt were the push of the wind, the soft trail of his fingers, and his lips maneuvering over her own.

But...something was off....

While Ferah continued to lift herself on her toes, she could not help but to notice a distance thudding in the background. her mind was being thrown in different directions! I...I don't want to stop. But...But surely he hears it too... However, the only response she got was his body pushing lightly against her. Oh, what a sweet torture! Ferah's body trembled in response and she felt her arms tighten around him...but the noise never did leave. Reluctantly, Ferah was forced to drop back down on her normal level, and avoid his eyes, looking out at the meadow.

"Do you...hear that...?"she whispered, still messed up from the moment of intimacy.

It took him a second to come back down to Gestolan.
The feelings still fluttered around as the question finally registered.
A taste, of Ferah, still lingered on his lips.
He wanted so much more...but she thought she felt another presence.
Thankfully, the armor kept his body from being visually high in blood-flow.
Besides the redness of his face, of course.

It was good she noticed the thudding.
Now, Cassadel could feel it too.
His head turned in both directions.
Spirit was not in sight.

"My lady, we must hide. There might be something hunting us."

Before she could answer, he grabbed her hand and lead her into some cover.
Spirit was already there, napping.
The wind had stopped and he trying looking over the bushes to get a view of the said thudders.

The two of them were scudded behind a large pair of brushes, overlooking the meadow that they were only at seconds before. Ferah's hearing was a tad more refined and she finally began to make out what said 'thudding' was. They turned out to be a collaboration of many footsteps. She just assumed that the people behind the steps were not so friendly, so she scooted closer to Cassadel, trying to find some comfort between his armor which was a trial. Spirit continued to sleep on, not aware that theyre in hiding. Ferah listened closely to what she believe she heard was the sound of men.

"It stopped some time ago, I believe."

"What chu think it was? Some sorta quakin' of the earth?" another man slung out in a heavy southern dialect. The first vooice spoke up once more.

"No, I don't think that was the case. You know, Browly?"

"Nu uh. I ain't seen a thing."another man chimed in. Ferah heard the voices getting closer and latched onto Cassadel's arm.

"I'm...scared...."she whispered against his ear.

Bits of the sun shined just enough for the men to be made out.
They vaguely looked like soldiers.
Cassadel could barely hear them.
The conversation was about the splintering of the entire land.
It seems that the entire existence knew that something had happened.
This was going to bad, fast.

Ferah's fright only made him more apt to kiss her.
He still felt like they were.
Gently, Cassadel's head turned and his lips ran across her cheek, to the side of her mouth.
Cheeks turn red but he kept composure.
Softly, he spoke as to not expose their hiding spot.

"Sh-sh-sh-sh We shall be fine. I promise."

His other hand moved to her back, rubbing it quietly.
Spirit was still out like a light.

The three men were now coming into view. When they did, it only confirmed Ferah's worse fear: the men were soldiers from Hydrena. They all wore the silver armor with green embroidery stitched around their arms and shoulders. Ferah stiffened and clung to Cassadel even more, shivering and shaking in fear. If they saw her, would they know she was the Miheth girl? Were they even on the right track of finding the source of the split? What if they did discover them? What would they do to Cassadel and Spirit? Would he be...be...executed?

Ferah gasped loudly...too loudly.

The soldiers all turned different directions, knocking each other off balance slightly. A tall one wobbled over, frantically waving his arms in front of him to keep his balance. The one to the left, a short and fat one with tufts of orange hair protruded from the ends of his helmet, had to stand on one knee as his entire body tilted to the left. All of his weight was weighing him down and if the last man didn't grab his ankle, he would've toppled over. The last man, dark in skin, was too busy laughing at the ordeal to take the sound seriously. But the others were intent on finding the source. Ferah shoved her lips onto the side of Cassadel's face to keep herself from whimpering aloud in fear.

"Y'all heard that? Sound like a lil girlie!" The one with orange hair exclaimed, shifting his stubby legs back into his shoes. The tall man, shook his head and looked around the meadow, his eyes passing the bust every so often.

"I heard it too, Mince." The voice sounded like the 'Browley' guy that was mentioned earlier. All three of the soldiers hushed and began to tip toe around the meadow like blundering spies. Ferah's eyes snapped closed as her breathing quickened, but she never tore her lips from Cassadel's cheek. If she did, she may have screamed.

Cassadel's eyes almost popped out of his head.
The gasp gave them away outright.
Regrettably, he thought the soldiers were complete and udder oafs.
Spirit started to stir, she then noticed they were hiding and stayed down.
None of them looked useful in a fight.
How would they stay hidden?

Ferah's fright had to be muffled.
Doing the first thing he thought of, the knight put his lips to hers.
Cassadel pressed firmly and held her close.
Spirit seen this and tilted her head a bit.
They had to keep quiet.....or it could be all over.

"Meep! Mmph! Mmrrph...Mmmm.."

Ferah was slowly starting to quiet down and cease her struggling once Cassadel's lips were smothered over hers. The effect was tremendous. A burst of butterflies and other ticklish things littered through her entire body and embarrassment bobbed like waves through her face, coloring it in a deep red. Ferah's arm was still latched tightly around his own and she applied even more pressure than before. The sounds of the soldiers were dying down slowly that Ferah was almost forgetting that they were supposed to being quiet.

Ferah's lips parted ever so slightly to allow him dive him in her mouth as he pleased, forgetting that the three soldiers were wandering around the meadow. If anything, it was only she and Cassadel were there, in the darkened hood of the bush.

This was his best idea yet.
Not only were they staying undercover, but he was now tongue tied with Ferah.
Cassadel would think that he needed to improvise more often, but he was too busy enjoying her lips.
Spirit just put her head back on the ground.
He pressed his hand on the small her back.
His tongue teased her into a game of chase.

The sounds of the soldier had all but left his ears and mind.
An inclination to escape had turned into an intention to hold.
Armor had become a little weighted.
These moments made him need to get out of breastplate.

This could not have been good for the current sitatuion, but who was there to tell them not to? Spirit certainly didn't seem to mind it to much, for she just put her head back down to doze off into her own slumber. The voices of the soldiers were now becoming lighter and lighter. Ferah assumed that they were going away and was overwelmed with joy. She took the chance to kiss Cassadel even more, savoiring the taste to the man who had rescued her. That is it...He...He saved my life! Even thought I was supposed to die in that temple, he wouldn't let me! He must really care about me! But...but love?

The kiss had gone on for too long, for if Ferah tried to hold her breath any longer, she just may have passed out in his arms. She finally released the grasp her tongue had on his, finally breaking the kiss as she looked up at his face. Her own was a deep, fiery red color, heating up her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. It was hard to do, but she couldn't stop staring at the eyes of Cassadel. Cassadel. The man who was supposed to be her guide had now become something...more? It was a shock at how he had sent her mind and body on a roller coaster, but she thought nothing of it at the time. For now, it was just him, her, and Spirit in that meadow.

"S-sorry about that..."she said shyly, tucking a silver strand of hair behind her ear in embarrassment.

His lungs refilled with air, as the kiss were broken.
Never had he even been kissed like that.
There was such passion and care in the movement.
It was a taste that it seemed Cassadel missed all his life.
Though, now his red face matched Ferah's.
They were both a little embarrassed.
Her words finally brought him back into reality.

"I think it was to say that we both needed that, my lady." he whispered with a small smile.

The idea had worked and the soldiers wandered away.
There they were alone.
For now, they were safe.
That word might not be found for a while.
It would be sooner or later...safe would be gone again.
He then realized that his helmet was still out in the field somewhere.
However, Cassadel didn't really want to leave just yet.
This moment was to be protected.

Ferah peered out through the bushes to see the meadow in front of her. She was pleased to know that it was empty and the soldiers had finally gone off into another direction. Ferah let out a relieving sigh even as she still clung to Cassadel's arm. Once the kiss was over, she was forced to tear her eyes way from him and examine the area around her. The bush was a pretty big and beautiful place to relax at. It had enough shade to keep her skin away from that much sun, but there was still an occasional blinding light that hit her pink eyes every once in a while.

"Hold on just a sec..."she said in a soft voice. At the same time, her hand lifted up slightly and she allowed her fingers to clasp into a soft fist. Simultaneously, the leaves and branches of the bush they were around compacted together and enclosed them deeper in a steady darkness. The rays that were stinging her eyes had disappeared and now a dim darkness covered the three of them, almost as if it were evening time. At the same time, she turned her attention to the helmet that lay awkwardly on the green grass before her and motioned for that to follow her movement as well.

For some reason, her powers of telekinesis felt...stronger than they were before. Ferah did not have to put much concentration into what she wanted to move at all, unless it were something big like the boulder back at the crack. But, for the little things? She could conjure them with a flex of her pinky. Ferah looked down at her hand then up at Cassadel again...and was suddenly lost in the big pools of blue again. They were...she realized...alone.

It was rather special, to watch Ferah move.
Everything, from her fists to her hair, it was just splendid to watch.
Cassadel got lost in the changing light on the facial features.
He didn't even realize they were alone, until she had his helmet floating to them.

"It's pretty amazing, what you can do. Where did you learn to use it?" he asked

All this talk and excitement was starting to ware on him.
Slowly, the knight sat back, outstretching his legs past Ferah.
He slipped off his gloves, feeling his sweaty palms.
Waiting for an answer, Cassadel started to pull on his breastplate.
Brown clothes were beginning to be revealed.
The wind crept in and felt nice on his skin.

Surprisingly enough, she was starting to feel oddly cozy beyond that bush. The sun was cooking her skin, beasts weren't trying to attack her, the rumbling had died out, and the 3 soldiers had now disappeared. If that was what it took to say that she was slightly in paradise, then that was where Ferah was. She sat back so that her back was against the bark of a tree with her legs spread in front of her, stretching out on the grass. To the right of her, Spirit was still dozing off, snoring very lightly. The horse deserved to sleep after the hectic days the two of them had.

"The power of telekinesis? It is granted to the youngest of the Miheth clan, and I am the last of the Miheth clan, and also the youngest."she said, flexing each of her fingers before her and looking over to Cassadel who seemed mutually confused. Well, it's as good as any time to tell him...Ferah closed her eyes while taking a deep breath, enjoying the feeling before she turned her attention back onto Cassadel who was removing bits and pieces of his armor.

"I guess I have to tell you now, don't I? My name is Ferah, I don't have a surname. None of the Miheth Clan does. Have you heard about them? The ancient clan that united Hydrena and Zarlom to Gestolan. You must know that the youngest of the Miheth Clan needs to be sacrificed at the Temple of Ulm in order to keep Gestolan a whole instead of two parts. Well...you saved me, and thus, have broken the cycle. Now Hydrena and Zarlom would stop laying their arms away and attack one another."she said, voice trailing off before running a finger through her silver hair and smiling with a shrug.

"So, this is, in a sense, all your fault."

Cassadel didn't seem to acknowledge her words at first.
Piece after piece, the armor was all stacked neatly.
He decided to wait and analyze, before answering.
Ferah gave him a snip-it of who she was, with a finger of blame to boot.
This upset him, though he didn't show it.

"I know it is. It don't expect you to be happy that I did it..." he whispered

The knight refused to tell her of his visions.
Did it mean that he was there?
Was it a past life?
Either way, he felt that this world needed a change.
Sacrificing a young, innocent woman was no way to keep peace.
That system is fickle and faulty.

"It doesn't make sense to keep sacrificing, over and over again.
People shouldn't hope that death would save them. People should make their own way of peace."

"I know what you mean. It's just that...the world can be a cruel thing to those sometimes, Cassadel. Those who don't deserve to have cruel things come to them. However, we as people do not question it. We know that it is all a mandatory setting that we must live in, Life has rules and codes, and some of us, our bound by those codes in order to keep the natural flow of things on a steady track. My sacrifice...would have ensured that the two land's would not go to war with each other. And now..."

Her sentence trailed off as she shuddered at the visions and images that played through her head. Soldiers like the 3 she had just encountered fighting to the death over territories. Bodies littering the ground and certain people of hierarchy claiming lands for their own. It would be a hard, cold war of Gestolan, which was once such a beautiful and peaceful place. Ferah couldn't help but to believe that she would be the cause of the onslaught. That she should be the first to lay down her life...

"And thats why I am going to do all I can to stop Hydrena and Zarlom from tearing each other to shreds. I...I just need you here with me, as well."she said silently, laying her head on his shoulder.

There was so more he wanted to say.
He felt the need to protect his viewpoint.
There wasn't much he could do, with Ferah on his shoulder.
His care for proving himself melted away.
It was a need for it.
Ferah wanted him to be here, for her.
That was enough to repress his opinion.

"I wouldn't rather be anywhere else." he whispered putting his hands to hers.

Peace would remain...even if Cassadel had to go to war.

As nice of a moment as it was, they had to go. The sudden appearance of the soldiers had sparked a thought or two within Ferah's mind that she just could not comfortably settle with. What if they are really on the look out for me? What would they do if they actually do find me? Would killing me justify anything, or worsen the war? And the war...how do we stop it! She slid her pink eyes over to Cassadel and frowned.

"Where to now? We can't just hide out in the forest forever. We need food, shelter, supplies, and other things. But...it's too dangerous to go back to Bethal's house as well. Maybe...we can go to where you reside?"she said hopefully, looking over to the sleeping spirit and to Cassadel's armor. It was the only choices they had thus far. For the time being, they were just going to have to run away from the threats of the soldiers until they were confident enough to make some peace between the land.

"I think an early night could be in store for us here, my lady..."

Her hair tickled his skin, ever so slightly.
He stretched out his neck to keep from giggle and shaking.
Wind crept up and seemed to hug them for a moment.

"Wait...no...we might need to leave at nightfall for concealment."

Cassadel had to think about this.
His primary residence was across the crevice.
There wasn't exactly safe havens just laying around.
Was there?
Not that he knew of anyway.
Night might be better, for humans can't what they can't see.

His eyes started to rapidly blink.
More images started to flash in his mind.
This time....it was of...

Cabin
Purple Fire
Growling
Teeth
Armies
....Ferah
Screams

"Of course...the cabin can't be too far." he muttered to himself