The Consequence of Saving

Ferah did not sleep as good as she wished too. There was something off about the place but she couldn't put a finger on it. Actually, she couldn't lift a finger at all. It felt as if she were plastered to the bed and chained in her own slumber, unable to move until the morning good. Even if she wanted to turn over and face the opposite way, her body wouldn't allow her. This was the signs that she was having a nightmare.

"Miheth gensto cruinha meios."

The memory was so vivid: fresh in her mind as if it were happening at the same exact moment in which she were sleeping. Spirit, Cassadel, and her had finally made it to the Temple of Ulm and Ferah was inside, chanting the ancient words of the Miheth clan, knowing that in any second, her life would be gone.

"Valdir fruncar torsna ploxien."

The walls were so familiar. The colors and smells had all bound around her to prevent her from peeking away from the place, just as so many Miheth girl's tried to do. Instead, something deeper than natural had motioned them into place, the same thing was motioning Ferah in place in the bed.

"Miheth qisan'ta tokanme"

Cassadel wasn't there, was he? The bed no longer held the dent it usually had. Instead, even though could not move her body, there was only the simple curve of her own body. Ferah was left alone with the reoccurring dream and a sinking emotion weighing down on her head. What she had said to Cassadel, how he pulled back softly, face falling into a crescent darkness. Darkness...the same thing that enveloped her while her eyes were closed, chanting.

Valdir fruncar bestel moheer."

FERAAHHHHHHH!!

Ferah suddenly sprouted up in the bed, body on full alert while she breathed heavily. Her panting was so hard that one would thought she could not breathe in the oxygen provided for her. Eyes wide and pink, Ferah clung to the covers, aware that she was completely bare. Bare, cold...with Cassadel no where to be found. Ferah bit inside of her lip, wishing so desperately for his arms around her. His touch needed to be somewhere despite the things she said. She was cold. Extremely cold.

There was sounds, coming from the other room.
It sounded like Ferah was awake.
That was enough to get up and moving.
Though, with the sudden and quick sound, it made him speed up.

"My lady..."he whispered in the doorway

A brief moment of debate washed over him.
It was to decide what his next move.
Should he attempt to find if anything is wrong?
The choice was fairly easy.

"Please, be calm and still, I am here now."

The bed creaked as Cassdel sat on the edge.
Nervously, arms were wrapped around Ferah.
The knight, lightly, put his head on her shoulder.
Warmly, his hands moved up and down her back.

"A bad dream, my lady?"

She had gotten her internal wish, simply by thinking it, it seemed. Still sitting straight and erect in the bed, freezing as if she were enclosed in a cave of ice, Ferah's head snapped straight to the right, seeing Cassadel panting, clearly out of breath, framing both sides of the door with his hands. He looked as if he had rushed there and the thought soothed Ferah's mind over. To know there was still an ounce of care within that body and mind of his, even after what she had said. Indeed, her body still shuddered, but he had already known what to do without her inquiring it.

Ferah said nothing when he covered her in his arms, leaning against her back, voice set in a small tone as if to not already rattle her worse than what the nightmare had. The nightmare was still fresh in her mind but she felt she didnt to voice it out loud. Cassadel already seemed to know every passageway of her mind so to tell him would have been pointless. Instead, she accepted the caress, nuzzling her cheek against his hand in embarrassment, but only trying desperately to maintain the heat.

"Nothing to get too pestered about, sir. Just a mere nightmare. They come and go."

The heat was rather nice.
It felt like it's absence was so much longer than real time.
His desired stoic demeanor had started to melt away.
He asked himself why it was so easy to forgive Ferah.
An obvious answer crawled into the choices.
She was important, to him.
Though, with the current dynamic, having affection for her would only lead to his destruction.
The idea put an answer on ice.

"Why do you call me sir, Ferah?" Cassadel asked quietly.

It was the first response he had, with her "reassuring" him that it was a nightmare.
His hands found hers and brought them within his protective cocoon.
Perhaps when she is ready, Ferah would reveal more of this nightmare.

There was a quiet after Ferah stated that she had a nightmare. She did not know whether it was because he was afraid to say anything or if she was afraid to tell him about the nightmare. He would have already known she was still worried about Gestolan, but at the moment, it was just the two of them. Ferah's shuddering started to calm down to a slow, Cassadel's warmth being enough to soothe her calm. Her sliver hair tickled her bare back and probably his chest as well. She did not know if he knew of her lack of coverage other than the sheet, but she tackled the question he asked, anxious to thwart the silence away.

"It is respect for someone of your title and valor, is it not? I would say that you deserve a great deal more respect than I do, Sir Cassadel. You are a night. I am just being polite."she said with a chuckle.

"Though I do want to know why you call me 'your lady'."

"Everyone deserves the same respect, Ferah." he asked blankly.

The more he held her, the better he felt.
Though, her hair was rather ticklish.
It was kind of...relaxing to feel the sensation.
He could feel their skin rubbing slightly.
Adjusting slightly, his gaze fell a bit and he seen how little she was really covered.
Thankfully, for her, the only skin her saw was just under her neck and shoulder.

Among all of that, Ferah had a question of her own.
It was kind of complicated for him to answer.
He assumed something before words were uttered.

"I don't mean to imply that you are entirely mine. No notion of owning exists. However, I do feel the need....to make are you are safe." he whispered

"To be able to hold you say things like "Everything will okay." at night." he added

Cassdel squeezed on Ferah.

"As for lady...well you are a beautiful female...and is a simple, elegant word to describe you." the knight almost stammered

His honesty was enough to make her heart leap. She listened intently to his words, half assuming that he was going to give her a long speech about how all the nights had to address the females by that title. It was a customary title for most of the Knights, but Cassadel wasn't an ordinary Knight, was he? He had differences, both good and bad, that made him unique. For starters, and most importantly, the average Knight would not be so bold as to hold her while she was completely in the nude and her mind was on the edges of insanity from almost destroying the world. No. Instead, only Cassadel did this, and without it, Ferah may have been lost.

Sometimes...she wondered if Bethal, the blind lady that was like a mother to her, had picked Cassadel herself, knowing that he would take care of her the way he did now.

Ferah shrugged her shoulders in just the slightest, maneuvering herself to turn around and face the man. When she looked at him, she was suddenly hit with a brick of realization. He was handsome. Probably the most handsome man Ferah had ever seen, and she had not seen many men. Even if she did, however, she would always be forced to compare them to Cassadel, seeing if they could ever compare. She slowly began to wonder if he would stay with her now...would he stay with her with the fight for Gestolan?

"Thank you, si--I mean, Cassadel."she said with a smile.

"You are welcome, Ferah." he whispered

Cassadel felt a little vulnerable.
He didn't know why.
Something about her turning to face him, made a certain nervousness float of him.
She was looking at him, as a person staring at a painting.
Thoughts must have been buzzing her mind.
What was she thinking about?

"Yes?" he asked, taking her more into his arms.

As bad as she hated to admit it, they had to get going some time soon. The hours of the morning were early and dark; a perfect setting for the two to sneak away in. The soldiers, as far as she knew, did not have patrolling hours during that time, which meant that Cassadel and Ferah had a perfect opportunity to slip out of the cottage unnoticed. The bad thing was that they still had to go to town and let the king and queen know that Zarlon was about to wage war with them. Of course, she did not know that for a fact, but Hydrena was a peaceful and passive land. Zarlom was the one who had the bad problem. The best thing for them to do was to approach the King and Queen and warn them...

...at the cost of showing that she is the Miheth girl who started the war.

She bit her lip, catching a glance towards Cassadel but showing him that she was fine. She was stalling. Bad.

"Do we...have to go now?"

It seemed like a long time, before she responded.
Watching Ferah bite her lip and asking him if they needed to leave...kind of softened him.
She was okay, and he was content.
Cassadel squeezed her again, in response.

"Of course not." he said.

Slowly, he lowered his head to look into her beautiful pinkish eyes.

"We can do whatever you desire...my lady." the knight added lowering his chin to look at the bed sheets.

He knew now that even if she didn't ever return his love and care....that it would be his job to keep her safe.
With the coming mission, Ferah would need help.
Cassadel would be that help.

"It kind of feels like I'm stalling, doesn't it?"she mumbled as she lay her head on his chest. She might as well had because she ha nothing else to do. That, and the texture of his skin was comfortable enough to put her back to sleep. In her head she was till trying to figure out what to do about Gestolan, but her body, in the mean time, was trying to figure out how to become comfortable.

Cassadel told her they didn't have to go yet which was fine by her. She had much rather stayed anyone. The cold had completely went away and was soon replaced by heat. She was actually glad she had no clothes on, for if she did, she would've taken it all off by then anyway. The heat from outside started to play into the cottage, sunlight streaming through a window and caking the bottom of the bed. Shifting the blanket off of her shoulders a little more, Ferah lay her entire body on Cassadel.

"I don't mean to stall, sir. I just don't want to see the look on the king's and queen's faces when I tell them of what happened, you know?"she said.

Now he was really thankful to still have his pants on.
The feeling of her leaning into him...it was so nice.
Her soft cheek was touching his chest and it actually made him sigh a bit.

"I am not sure if anyone would. Don't worry though, I will be right where, as always."

A combination of Ferah's breath and skin made Cassadel feel light and the warmth of goosebumps.
Looking at his arms, he see them pushing up on the surface.
Then a notice of a potentially falling sheet came into view.
His fingertip rubbed little circles into her slightly more revealed shoulder.

"As for the stalling...well needless to say, this is a great way to convince me." he whispered and chuckled.

"I...I'm not convincing you of anything!"she pouted, lips pulling into a fine line when he began to chuckle. She found none of that funny in any way, shape, or form, and yet he was having a ball! Ferah grabbed a pillow from her left, managing to do so without exposing herself to the cold and Cassadel's eyes, before she managed to whack him hard across the face with the pile of fluff. It didn't heed any damage to him but it made her feel a whole lot better after being thoroughly embarrassed by him. Her face lit up in an instant as she continuously beat him with the pillow.

"You have no room to talk, sir! If I were stalling as you say then you are stalling as well! You are in here just as I am so don't put it all on me!"she exclaimed, hitting him across the head with the pillow after every other word. If one were watching the two of them, one could almost say they were having fun. Ferah even managed to let out a spree of giggles before she and Cassadel both doubled over in laughter.

"Oh, of course you were not trying to sta--" he was stopped mid sentence by a fluffy melee weapon.

She was ever so graceful that he didn't even see the pillow coming.
It didn't hurt but it did catch him off guard.
His face tightened up as a reaction to the impromptu pillow fight.
Redness and laughter were the things to describe Cassadel, at this point.
He didn't even lift a finger to the playful onslaught.
Not even when they ended up falling over, did he launch a counter attack.

"Well Ferah, if I didn't blame you, I am sure you would be very lady-like and subtly blame your Cassadel. It was a preemptive strike, my lady. Besides, we both know I would always spend all the time I could." he whispered.

His hand cupped her soft face, lovingly.
It was just them, for now.
Cassadel give a goofy smile before letting his eyes drift.
The blanket had not entirely stayed with the ever-playful Ferah.
Swallowing, the blues seemed to rest on the bare chest of the beautiful women.
Not wanting to stare, he locked eyes with her again.
Thankfully, he could still see from the line of sight.

His sudden retaliation of her attack was a little less than expected, but there was a lot she did not yet know about him. She knew that he was a Knight, send to bring her to her own demise, had rescued her for some strange and unknown reason, and had a power inside him that maybe even he didn't know he possessed. So, in a way, he was somewhat like her. She was a Miheth girl so naturally, she had the power of telepathy, but that power went areas that she did not know she could go. A prime example is when she managed to move the giant tree to save Cassadel from falling. Ferah and Cassadel was somehow...someway...two in the same. The lasts of Ferah's laughs eventually died out after he cupped her chin full in his hand, forcing her to look at him.

"Since when did your title change from Sir Cassadel to Your Cassadel? Do I have you under some sort of spell that has made you my servant or slave? If so, I demand that you release me from this hold."

Of course, Ferah didn't really mind the hold at all though it was partially her fault for initiating the combat anyhow. She had made the first blow and, as a Knight, he was only defending himself. A sudden breeze along her shoulders caught her attention. Ferah didn't remember the room being that filled with ventilation all of a sudden. Her eyes traveled down to her shoulders and part of her chest...which was now bare. The girl was suddenly frozen in fear, anxiety, and embarrassment. The only thing on her body that was doing any sort of moving was the blood in her cheeks, turning the two plump pieces of skin into a burnt, cherry red. Cassadel must have seen the same exposure for it seemed that the two of their eyes both snapped up to meet one another's at the same time. Ferah, unfortunately, had no words.

"I suppose you can say that...but I must decline and keep you close to me."

He had seen right through her words.
When they locked eyes, Cassadel was a little still but became a little warmer.
It was a brief moment that seems to drag out.
The air seemed to stop moving and he could swear things were floating.
Perhaps, a little soft music was playing.
There was just something about the way they had locked gazes and Ferah's prominent blush.
Cassadel didn't know what to say.
It was just a crisis of feeling.
Feelings of...

Without much warning, Cassadel squeezed Ferah as close as possible...and just barely kissed her lips.

And there it was again, the momentary brush of her lips on his own. Ferah was still not accustomed to the action even though it had happened quite frequently in the past few days. However, she could not ignore the power that was being held behind it. It was as if the two of them were magnets of an opposite pole, each being unknowingly drawn to one another. Even Ferah's current state was not a matter to her anymore. Cassadel had implemented the tiniest of kisses and Ferah took hold of it softly and gingerly The feelings burning in the pit of her stomach were still a mystery, but as long as she could share the memory with her Guide, all would be good and well with her.

His name managed to squeeze out of her lips before they were smothered slightly. To her embarrassment, she squealed in surprise, clinging onto both sides of his arms as if she were being attacked. Her stomach had suddenly done a somersault and the feeling terrified her by being so sudden. Her pink eyes flew to his face as she searched the expression to see if he thought she was insane.

I don't necessarily blame him...

Cassadel's eyes barely opened, with her apparent slip-up.
Watching Ferah mentally fumble again was so entertaining.
Her grabbing and blushing made him feel so...special.
No other man could say that this has ever happened to him.
At least, not with the beautiful Ferah.

"I don't think anyone can resist your fine charms, my lady." he said smiling

A look of belief in the loss of sanity never came.
He believed her to be sane, if even a little goofy.
What did come was the knight under-hooking her grip and bringing them closer.
Which was followed by a more passionate kiss.

She wasn't sure if she had done it on purpose or not, but what was done was done. There was no use mulling over the past actions even if they did happen a few seconds ago. Both Ferah and Cassadel were locked into the same kiss, only with deeper passion. She did not necessarily mean to what she had done, but she wasn't complaining, and neither was Cassadel. He went right along with it, maybe even more bombastic than she had been. Ferah tried to mull his name over their lips again, but they were locked tight, letting nothing in and out.

Ferah parted her lips in the slightest bit, letting her tongue trace his upper lip before exploring his mouth. She savored the taste of him, the smell, how close his strong body was close to her. It was all overwhelming and long-awaited...but Ferh couldn't help but to feel that something was missing. That she was forgetting something very important. It wasn't Gestolan...It wasn't the soldiers...It was something different. As she continued to kiss Cassadel, feeling his muscles beneath the cotton shirt her wore while strands of his brown hair tickled her temples, Ferah dove deep into her mind.

This can't be good for the two of us...It feels good but it can't be that good! Can it...? I mean...why me? Is it because I am the only female he could wish to find around these parts? Is that why?

Ferah had to break the kiss to breath, but her body only let her do it for a second before she was on him again, this time, more forceful than usual.

Cassadel's body had shivered and grew tense with passion.
Tongue kisses really gave his mind something to go crazy over.
The seemed to be folding onto each other, in their mouths.
He softly groaned as she stopped, and blushed when she become into him again.
Ferah was behaving as if she wanted this for so long.
This was the desired outcome but to have it happen is exhilarating.

He returned her force by squeezing tightly and letting his lips fall to her neck.
There, he was able to take a bit more of who she was.
That natural scent was so wholesome and the amazingly soft skin was in need of a kiss or four.
A little teasing tongue was also in order, as it grazes with the tip.

"Mm." he let out.