b2aq7xE.png

Typically, Dodrelda wasn't one to complain, to ask questions in place of action. She'd always been impulsive yet, despite that, she'd rarely looked back on her behavior with a contemplative hindsight - even in her growing age which, if asked, she'd undoubtedly deny. Spritely, she was. Or, at least, she liked to think so.

Her teammates, even those that had not been there for the battle with the wyrm, assured her that the choice they made was the correct one. It helped some to know there was faith in what they'd done. Killing the wyrm hardly seemed the correct route for a delegate of peace bringers but, as her teammates mentioned, it wasn't like the creature had given them much choice.

"Food help," the troll said, offering her a small, charred rat on a stick. It'd been roasting on the fire and, as Dodrelda lifted it to her lips, she watched Jojin distribute the rest of the cooked nest to their team. The kindness had surprised her - not because of the intent, but quite literally because she'd had her food shoved within centimeters of her face. As she chewed, she let the opinions of her teammates quell her worries. Nodding, she swallowed:

"Ye right, o' course," she agreed. "Ne'er been much good at makin' peace. T'is a bit worrisome, but-..." Dodrelda's brows lifted at the distance thrum of a tune. Curious, she looked to the newcomer. A... gnome?
y0ktMRy.png
"A gnome! Delightful," he sent the newcomer a charming flash of perfect, pearly teeth. "Welcome to our... ragtag team dedicated to peace and prosperity or... something like that. Regardless, welcome."

Lusca wondered what luck had befallen them: Trade a goblin for a gnome, and keep the goblin notes. My, we are lucky, aren't we? Though, really, he should not think such thoughts. Rictus had, more or less, grown on him during their spat with the drake and it had been saddening to see him go. Part of Lusca felt guilty for welcoming the new party member with such vigor when they had come at the replacement of Rictus, yet the way he was raised would likely never truly leave him. While he knew now that goblins - or, at least, Rictus - were not so chaotic as their foul reputation implied, they were still awful to look at. Yes, he quite liked this change: One less eye sore. Now, if only the troll and orc would go.

No, he mentally berated himself, returning to the aimless twirl of a lock of his hair. We need them. The less delegates we have, the worse off we will be. Lusca, above all else, wanted to live through this journey. He still wasn't entirely sure he prioritized the Cloud Accord's success above his survival. That would... be something to address at a later, more pressing time. A time he hoped would never rise.

A kebab-ed and cooked rat was thrust into his face, forcing him to grimace. Tentatively, he took the meal and eyed Jojin - the troll who'd offered it - warily. He didn't much like surface food, save for those doused in tartness, but he was hungry. He glanced down at the rat, lips pursed, before taking a small bite. Brought his hand up to cover his mouth, forcing himself to chew.

Correction - he quite loathed surface food.

Swallowing with a poorly concealed gag, he blinked slowly and set the rat aside. Glanced at Malak curiously, catching the tail end of his last statement. "Well, that is disconcerting," Lusca said. Looked to Tyrian and Layana, then: "If he does not wish to be here, why not let him go? I am not interested in having a half-assed participant watch my back in battle and I doubt you do, either, especially considering he does not seem the most interested in your welfare, specifically." Yes, he'd seen the dangerous fire between Malak and the couple. Everyone, save for the newcomer, had.

That was when Dodrelda spoke up, lips pursed. "Half-assed? Try say'n tha' again after fightin' beside 'im. I'm more worried 'bout yer own cowardice."

"Touchy, touchy," Lusca raised both brows, before his lips settled into a faux-innocent smile. The dwarf rolled her eyes before taking another bite of her own dinner. "I assume you vouch for his freedom, then?"

Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, Dodrelda nodded, expression incredulous. "O'course. While his crime be bad, he's no' the only one wi' a checkered past." Eyeing the merman up and down, Dodrelda seemed to relax. Adopted a teasing air, appearing to almost enjoy the confrontation. "I doubt even ye own hist'ry so clean."

That Lusca could not argue with. In response, he simply hummed. Looked to Tyrian and Layana with a shrug. "I do not care what you decide, really."
iG73h4W.png
Offered a rat, Hokum gobbled it up hungrily with just a few quick chomps. Felt it roll into his belly, satisfying it for now but not nearly filling it. Then again, it was rare he ate until full. While he and Mother shared no specific words, the intent of their journey had been clear: Bring peace. Peace between the dragons, much as Hokum hated and feared them, would undoubtedly bring more food. The thought of gorging on extra game upon their return, so much so that his tummy hurt from eating too much, had the crocolisk's eyelids falling halfway shut.

He felt guilty and ashamed earlier, but it was time to sleep and Mother was always so warm. Without thinking much of it - though he knew he was still in somewhat of hot water - Hokum dragged himself halfway out of the water in order to lay closer to Jojin. Closed his eyes fully to the feel of her callused hand patting him to sleep.
OqFB2eR.png
After distributing the rats - a nest the group had come across living inside the goblin tower - Jojin stifled a yawn. Ran her palm along the fin lining Hokum's back, the motion soothing. She did not know how much she'd be able to stay awake being this close to the fire. It always made her sleepy, lulling her into a deep slumber that would take lots of prodding to be woken from. Moving away, like she usually did, was her best bet but she was so comfortable.

Instead, she half-listened to her teammates talk. Glanced at the newcomer briefly, too tired to make much of him but figuring that, if he really was there to aid them, she would have more time to meet him tomorrow. She forced herself awake just long enough to spare Malak, the elven ice mage, a curious glance. Something about binding... were they trying to restrain him? She rubbed one of her eyes with the heel of her palm, trying to stay focused. He was a criminal - that much she got from their travel to Fenswich Marsh - and he did not seem to have the best attitude, from what she'd seen since arriving in Dragon Country that morning.

Yet, still... it did not seem the wisest to limit one of their teammates in such a way. Anything could happen at any time and for him to be bound would be a serious disadvantage not only to himself, but the group as a whole, should a dragonkin find them. With a grunt, Jojin made herself stand, Hokum huffing petulantly for being disturbed. Rubbed her eyes once more, this time more vigorously.

"No binds. Must trust allies," she said, considering him an ally even if he may not have returned the sentiment, just as she did with the merman who so obviously disliked her. "Trust make strong."

And with that, Jojin snapped her fingers before retiring for the night further from the fire, to a less warmer temperature. Hokum followed slowly before plopping down beside her.

Reactions: Majem
xJgFA8v.png

Layana felt herself relax under his delivered touch to her shoulder as she let her fingertips lightly graze over his as he soon quickly shifted. His hand found its way steadied to a weapon under her observation as that of her gaze turned upon the approach of a gnome in her sight. Her brow all but raised at the small spectacle of a man before them as his shadow seemed small against the light that the fire itself produced under the night sky. She inclined her head in a small bow of respect to the gnome upon his arrival as he offered up his proof of replacement as Layana reached upwards to clasp Tyrian's arm in a light squeeze of assurance for him to ease and find seat beside her as he did and she let the light blunt of her weight lean in relaxation to him.

Layana listened closely to Tyrian's words as the others began to fall into their places around the fire. She gave a brief nod of her head at his words."I do agree that we need to settle on individuals to be our readied watch tonight. Divide the hours so at least one will be on shift and the other can rest to ensure both will be able to gain needed sleep before furthering our journey tomorrow. As Tyrian did enlighten us , we should be holding to the needed time frame of travel to ensure our encounter with Dragon General Fenygan will be timely and without any issue. As long as we keep to a peaceful journey to him without any further endangerment from other dragon breeds than we should be able to arrive without issue or concern." She said softly to the others as she let her gaze cross from member to member thoughtfully.

She found her look once more held to Tyrian as he nodded slightly to her as she felt her paled orbs darken with resounding knowing to what he was beginning to reference to her. Only than did her crimson lips part to let her words flow forth.

"The only reason my father sent Malak upon this journey was a chance to prove his worth to our people to show that he will harbor no ill will to our people. Through this journey he was to build trust and no ,to one of his kind it should not be willingly given due to the crimes he has committed and has not served his time truly. Malak is under the full knowing that I will not disclose my trust to him at any point until he proves his true willingness to be accepted to this group as a devoted member. One must prove worth before fully being claimed as a loyal member. You do understand correct ,Malak." She asked lightly with a directed look to him as both held to their current ground and their looks flashed between one another. Her words continued to flow forth in echo to Tyrian's word upon Malak as she spoke up."What words Tyrian speak upon this are true. You cannot be naive upon this journey and because one simply offered their effort today in one fight that doesn't mean he is to be trusted in the countless fights to come against far larger foes. Heed those words , My allies. Please consider these words and recall the threat that still does remain high but eliminate such such with the simple precautions at night. He is still a criminal and one to a nation so do take that into consideration before a firm choice is chosen."

After Liika finished her words near that of her own. She smiled soft to her and gave a solemn glow to her look as she spoke calm."I will not find anger in whatever you choose , My Friend... But , do take my warning into consideration along with the words Tyrian has offered of our thoughts to this situation. " Layana finished with a warming look to her and one that fell back to Tyrian as she grasped his hand tight and held back her thoughts to what would truly be done if the group was foolish enough to deliver trust without thought once again without thought and simply balanced this merely on one good deed and the want to throw all caution to the wind. Her look would travel over Malak in the moment as he knew all to well of these conditions that had been issued before the journey as she spoke calm and kept her withheld anger quenched as she spoke."You know this is proper procedure and I am grateful for what deed you did today in aid but.. You are still under our laws and as such you know it is only right that you be locked up incase of any issues to occur.. I hope you do." She whispered out to him as her eyes seemed to glow brighter against the fire as she turned her look away and clasped Tyrian's hand firmer in await to the words and answers of the group.

"M
y vote remains with Tyrian on this issue." She said with no hesitation as they held there to one another in await."

It was one of the harshest beatings he'd ever receive—four guards adorned with armor as unyielding as they were beautiful. Only Elloris could fashion such garbs with perfect balance. Two of them held the Dark Elf in place while the other pair struck him with gauntlets, laughing at, spitting at, and mocking the once exalted son of an equally exalted name. It was nothing the frost couldn't handle… however, it would have been a different tale if the kingsguard didn't beat him before Elloris' king. Bloodied, bruised, yet breathing still, Malak looked up from his forced kneel, gazing upon Magister Alre with a newfound hatred. He had never encountered such thanklessness until that very moment. "Why!? I... I saved the crown!" he asked, but Alre's answer was deafening, for he uttered no word as the guards dragged him outside the door. In the same way, Malak's repeated curses and questions fell on Alre's unfeeling self.

"What?" He snapped, and quite suddenly, Luliope was fluttering beside him, quite dangerously near the flames. He gently shoved her away, lest she get burned. "Well, you try living with cold magic in and around you since birth." Though his words were directed at her tiny self, his eyes offered the Fae no mind—the flame was too appeasing, a painting in this dreary land of dragons. It was then that Luliope made a nest of Malak's ivory locks.

It appears Malak's thoughts had distracted him from Tyrian's proposal, and once the Elf realized what the human had motioned, he simply shook his head. This again?

Now, the gnome was simply just… there. He turned his head once towards him, but no more. "This Accord is…" he then turned towards Liika, whose expressions were of a lesser innocence, or rather, unbiased nature compared to the fairy that had rested upon Malak's head. He simply shrugged his shoulders, his sapphire eyes once more locked onto the coals. His lips curled into a smirk. "But one thing's for sure—I don't have to kill you all in your sleep. We're already headed to the heart of Dragonland!" Malak jested with a slight chuckle… despite the fact that joking about killing the rest of the members might not exactly register as funny to more than half of the people here. "But in all seriousness, we are no team." He said so, standing up and plucking Ermina out from his head and gently, playfully tossing her to Dodrelda for the Dwarf to catch.

"Not yet, at least." He turned from the flames, eyeing each and every member of the Accord. "Thank you to those who vouched for me, but save your foul breaths." His eyes fell lastly upon Layana. "I'm quite touched you respect me enough to bring extra shackles or rope just for this special occasion… I accept on the condition that you listen, and listen well."

He sat back down, unsheathing his dagger from his muddied boot. "I won't sugarcoat anything. First of all, your father sent me here to die and nothing more. Whatever you think is true about Elloris, certainly more a home for me than a halfbreed, bastard princess whose own birth and early childhood her own father tried to hide out of shame, and her orphaned, peasant, foreigner beau," he said with a passion previously unseen in one as cold as Malak as he motioned a palm towards his chest. "… is a lie."

The Dark Elf laughed at the irony of it all. "You talk about how these men and women shouldn't be naive but look at you. Why is it that we who grew up so much alike, coming from wealthy families, being prodigies in our own schools of magic, and known all across Elloris, are now so radically different?" He brushed his hair.

"And my crime of patricide? Yes, I do remember. I also remember my own father's plans of killing yours the night before it happened. Did I ever get a thank you? If I did, I definitely don't remember that despite everything else I remember."

He sat back down, "I have seen more of the darkness in and of Elloris than you ever will. Bind me or not, I will never," He shook his head, his stare now more deathly and as cold and murderous as ever, his volume increasing gradually, "… ever, prove anything to the likes of you! If anything, you should prove to me, nay, Elloris, the world, and yourselves, that you have agency. That you are not just pawns in Alre's game. That you share none of our fathers' corruption! For the future of Elloris."

After a short while of deafening silence, he smiled at Layana and loosed a breathy chortle. Offering her his two wrists to be bound, Malak spoke. "Well, what are you waiting for? Snowflake's waiting."

He looked at the Gnome and smiled. "Welcome and enjoy your stay. My name is Malak, the quiet one."

Last edited by a moderator:
Q61tKoJ.png
The group, understandably, didn't feel threatened at all by Hallen's presence, with a halfhearted reach for a weapon being the biggest reaction coming from the group, if they reacted at all. The mood didn't seem to be the most optimistic, but a few among them seemed pretty tired and if Hallen hadn't spent the last hours wandering alone and scared, he'd probably be dozing off too. At least he didn't have any weapons pointed at him and for that he was grateful, he really didn't like that.
Satisfied with introductions, Hallen put the metal sphere and rods away again. They weren't necessary after all. "Got your letter right here, boy. Has your queen's crest stamped on and everything." He responded, waving a piece of paper he took out of a pouch hanging from his belt. After a quick tug on the reins to halt his ram, the gnome hopped off and walked over to Tyrian, handing him the letter before turning towards the others and giving a quick introduction. "Name's Hallen. Nice to meet y'all."

Then Tyrian began his speech and Hallen moved to put his ram with some of the other mounts while listening to what 'imporant matters' needed discussing. "Bit last-minute to decide on night watch." He thought as he retrieved an apple from his toolbox; the last bit of rations he'd brought along on his trek. It felt a little amateurish for a real delegation like this to still have to decide on watch duty, but Hallen couldn't really judge given his complete lack of any adventuring in his life. The most travelling he'd ever done had been in secure transportation from Rotchet to Darkrun and Oneac a few times to learn from master crafters and present his own handiworks to the guilds's representatives for judging. Never before had he been part of such a life-threatening trek and he wondered how many of them had any experience with this sort of thing.
On his way back to the fire, Hallen looked over his right shoulder then back to the group, with his eyes settling on Lusca. He had given the gnome the warmest welcome and, aside from the fairy, was the only one Hallen didn't really feel all that threatened by, so he decided to take a spot next to him to listen in and partake in the comfort of the fire.

While Tyrian continued to explain the situation and everyone gave their opinion, Hallen simply stared at the fire, tossing his apple up and down a few times but never taking a bite. It wasn't a whole lot to take in, but what was being said was quite concerning. Long ears was a criminal and the human and his girlfriend didn't trust him at all, although everyone else seemed rather unimpressed by this and voted to leave him his freedom. Hallen smiled at their responses, but frowned again when Malak gave his own, although the joke did manage a snicker out of the gnome. The man had a sense humour Hallen came to enjoy during his stay with humans and dwarves, which was almost longer than he'd been among his own kind.
"Big speech for a quiet one." He chuckled in reponse. "Well, I reckon that's that. As for watch duty, I can take first watch, too. Ain't tired yet. 'Sides, I need'a fix something that's been bugging me all day 'fore I'll be able to sleep." Hallen announced, then prodded Lusca in the side with his elbow. "Not a fan of skewered rat? We can trade if ya want, though I can't promise it'll fill you up all the way." He said and offered Lusca his apple.

saPRyOG.png
"Whoa!" The small woman flailed lamely finding herself suddenly airborne but not of her own volition into the torso of her dwarf companion. Her train of thought went soaring as abruptly as she did. And she had a perfect anecdote for the situation that involved tadpoles, waterfalls, and... electric eels? No... no, termites-- Pill bugs! Ah, no.. No the thought was definitely long gone.

Blinking blue eyes made all the wider with surprise, she'd look upon Malak thinking a rather farfetched congregate of things ranging from Let's do that again! to Dodre has soft breasts. Eventually she settled on an ever insightful, "It's not very kind to throw people..." Well assuming it wasn't into water. Everyone liked being thrown into water since it was soft! Although, it turns out female chests are a close second! Who would have thought?

She'd remember to write her findings in her little journal some time this evening before she forgot. Things like how dragons had surprisingly potent pheromones and translucent, pulsing eggs. Or how crocolisks were indiscriminate eaters. Or that elves were even rude to each other, and Marans were close contenders on the bourgeometer. As the fairy righted herself, she would backtrack just a bit, using her now swiftly beating wings to send air pressure forward and facilitate the motion before bowing to the dwarf, "Sorry. I didn't expect to be thrown."

With her short attention span, it was nigh a second later that she was hovering curiously around Hallen. What better time for him to meet the team pest than now. "Was your journey very long? Did you meet any dragons along the way? Are you of a cranky disposition?" She fired questions without preamble of course.

In her honest opinion the delegation was chock full of enough grumps, and despite the jaunty music, she worried if Hallen might send their funk cloud over the top of the dragon radar. No doubt they'd be swarmed with flying lizards if they managed to radiate doom even further than they. She was sure that a fire-breathing death bird was even quite pissy over its own aura let alone treasures; dragons were hard-pressed to be outdone in anything at all really.

WMmHwLy.png

While Tyrian obviously was not surprised from his fiancee's support it was always welcomed. He could not nor would blame the others of the group for their views on the matter but to Tyrian it seemed the group was far from realistic so far. Especially with such an important and high risk task set before them.

Relieved that the newcomer had a proper way to identify himself it was one less thing to concern himself with. Not that he was really worried, no one just came to dragon country but he was not going to be anything less than careful. "Welcome aboard. We have had little time to really discuss anything outside of the events we all came across but we are all appreciative of your decision to help take first watch."

Returning his attention to Layana as she spoke of her support and reasoning it was all well made and hard to deny. Afterall while there was no doubt Malak's assistance was great. It could be argued he chose to save his own. Either way it did not matter. The Elf had a long way to reasonably go for anyone especially Tyrian to come close to trusting.

But what came next from Malak would only cause the normally level headed Ambassador to distrust him all the more. His joke was not appreciated by him as he felt there was truth underlying it. No telling what he would do if the opportunity to hold one of their lives in his grasp came to pass. Tyrian crossed his arms and at least respected he could give gratitude of some kind to those who supported him. Slightly shocked even.

His first words of his speech were of little surprise as well. It was the only logical thing that Tyrian could really come up with. But at the same time he detested the Magister's decision both on a personal and moral basis. It was wrong to send a prisoner to death like this. It was even worse that the Magister would think of sending him to affect the outcome of what would determine the fate of each kingdom of the world. It was foolish, concerning, and most of all, wrong. But in his brief sense of pity or even sympathy it was all washed away at the words he spoke of Layana.

Without a second thought he had stepped forward and slammed his fist into the face of the Elf with a resounding sound of the impact from the blow. Immediately following up by walking directly face to face with Malak. "I don't care about the poison you seek to spread or the pity you hope to gain from your story. But you will Never! speak that way again about her. Or you will have the fight with me you are so evidently seeking." He said darkly and passionately as his hands began to light with a small flame around them both for a small moment as he continued. "And I promise....especially now....that fight is one you will not enjoy or gain anything but embarrassment and permanent burns from 'my friend'". Tyrian said taking a breath to calm himself but staying very much on guard with him. "You know nothing... you took the sad fate you beheld and let it become an excuse for how you hold yourself now. The fact you grew up so similarly to Layana yet became so different only shows who was stronger. Who took the darkness they faced and pushed through it.....and who succumbed to it. Even if what you say is true about your father. I see nothing about the man before me now that tells of you acting otherwise in different circumstances. You are arrogant to say the least. No one has anything to prove to you any more than to a..." Tyrian stopped and quickly restrained his passion. He said far enough. Normally his tongue would let these kind of confrontations be avoided altogether.

"I hope you wish to prove to Elloris and the kingdoms themselves of the worth you hold. Should we fail. You will only be remembered as a prisoner who killed his own family and nothing more." he finished still holding before him. His look just as intense as the cold murderous one Malak held to him. Perhaps this was destined. Fire and Ice only coming together to make destruction to the other.

For one as cold as he, Malak was perhaps more skilled in burning bridges and igniting conflict than his fiery human counterpart. The Dark Elf needed, or rather, wanted to loose those words for its truths. The Elf had knelt before them after his speech, and after baptizing himself as "the quiet one," there came not shackles or rope to bind him in this dead night, but rather a fist that struck his charcoal visage. It was good that he had dark skin to begin with, for his eye had throbbed thereafter. The pureblood Elf erected himself, placed two fingers on his eye, and slightly winced. He smiled, chuckled a bit, and shook his head. This was the privilege of Elloris at work. When Tyrian said that the Magister's Princess grew up with darkness alongside her riches, Malak knew full well he knew not what he was saying. None can push through what they have never experienced. He laughed at Tyrian's own speech—one of passion, drenched in total bias.

His words really brought out that the love he shared teetered unto the space of over-correspondence. The Elf was grinning the whole time despite the strike upon his eye. Elloris was lost to the naivety. "Don't pretend you know my country's corruption and darkness as well as I do!" He spoke as he balled a fist fuming with frozen air, but quickly deteriorated into his entire wrist and arm shaking and the cold aura dissipating as quickly as it was summoned. It was an obvious sign of his overuse of mana as well as the exhaustion, but at that moment, Malak cared not. Despite the pain, the fatigue, the migraine, the trauma, the memories, the Elf sauntered in a weakened state to the man and swung, albeit slowly, an awkward fist.​

y0ktMRy.png
Quirking a brow in Layana and Tyrian's direction, Lusca couldn't help the dry breath of laughter that escaped his lip. "Well, I suppose not all of us believe in democracy." Looking down at his nails, the merman grimaced at the grime that had caked around the cuticles, appearing more perturbed by the dirt than the idea nobody really had any say at all. "Not that it matters much for me; I did not vote, after all."

"So ye jus' gon' ignore the rest o' us, then?" Dodrelda challenged Layana, sounding on edge. Lusca couldn't tell if she was excited for the confrontation or just downright annoyed. He found it didn't much matter, though. Whether Malak be bound or not wasn't his problem, nor was an inevitable spat over losing one's voice over an important topic. Instead of insert himself further in the discussion, Lusca remained seated on the driest patch of ground - which, really, wasn't that dry, thanks to the muck surrounding them all - and watched. Most of Waris' people, passive-aggressive in nature, used bribes and blackmail to settle disputes; it was rare he got to witness an actual confrontation between two attractive men. As such, he wasn't going to complain.

The newcomer, then, bless his gnomish heart, offered Lusca an apple in exchange for his own neglected dinner. Almost immediately he could feel his mouth water. No matter their sweetness, most surface fruit had an inexplicable twinge of sour to it. They called it 'citrus' and, if he could, he'd grow an orchard back in Waris all for himself. "Why, you have yourself a deal," Lusca nodded and made the exchange. He took a bite out of the apple, tastebuds going haywire, and smiled as he chewed.

Yes, he was quite grateful for the new addition to their team.
b2aq7xE.png
Dodrelda frowned at Layana, skin tingling not with left-over electricity (it had faded many hours ago) but that of defiance. Part of Dodrelda was appalled at not having a say in the delegation member's welfare, while the other itched for some drama. Nothing like a little adrenaline spike to pick things up after a long day. She narrowed her brows. "'Sides, who 'lected you as lead-Oh!"

Cut short by a weight tossed against her chest, Dodrelda blinked down at the little fairy. Tilted her head curiously, slowly growing amused; Dodrelda could practically see the cogs turning in Lula's head. "Yer a'right," she said as the fairy apologized and pulled away. Glanced at Malak and snorted before turning her eyes back to Lula. Smirked, lips curling at the corner: "Leas' he go' aim, yeah?"

Not a few seconds later, Tyrian was rising to the defense of Layana. As irritating as Dodrelda was with the pairing, she did find them quite cute. Ready to fight for one another, be it against frost, flame, or what-have-you. Their relationship was endearing and Dodrelda wished them the best.

But then Tyrian punched Malak. Dodrelda's eyebrows shot nearly to her hairline and she dropped her kebabed rat into her lap. "Wha' in the..." her words trailed off, eyes darting between the two men rapidly, wondering what would happen next. It was like watching a theatre drama that had taken her completely by surprise. Though, in truth, she figured she should have expected such a confrontation; the two were as in conflict as the nature of their powers.
OqFB2eR.png
Rolling over, Jojin grunted at the commotion being made a few feet away. Opened her eyes to the beginnings of a fight. Why do they do this? She wondered, running nails through her hair. Tired, not to mention quickly growing irritable, she rose to her feet. Why must they fight? They are ridiculous. Hokum stirred beside her with a huff but made no move to follow her back to the others.

Stomping through the mud, Jojin reached the two brawlers just as Malak threw a groggy punch that did not land. Barring rows of tiny, sharp teeth in a scowl, Jojin made to step between them.

"You are going to get hit-"

"No fight," Jojin cut the merman off, snapping at both Tyrian - two inches taller than she - and Malak - three shorter - in turn. "Fight dragons, not team." She didn't know what else to call them in common tongue but hoped, sorely, that Malak and Tyrian would understand the meaning of her simple words. Didn't they understand that inter-fighting would make not only themselves weak, but the entire team? Surely humans and elves taught their children better. The concept of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' would stick with her forever. It was, after all, the only reason Jojin could look past the differences she held with the other delegates in order to move forward.

Shooting Malak a pointed look, she started: "Patience." Glanced at Lula, the fairy, and nodded in her direction. "Lula heal?" Trusting the fairy's kind nature, Jojin turned her attention to Tyrian and Layana, wearing the same expression she'd shot in Malak's direction. "No politics, no drama. Only Cloud Accord."

Around a mouthful of apple, Lusca piped up again: "Are all trolls fun-killers, or is it just you?"

A muscle twitched in Jojin's cheek, the only sign that she'd heard the merman at all, yet she continued to diligently ignore his quips and barbs. Whether she'd be able to keep that going long was up for debate, however.

• Love
Reactions: Dante and Majem
Q61tKoJ.png
In truth, Hallen had wished to eat some meat the whole day. They had advised him not to bring any meaty rations into dragon country in case the smell would attract unwanted attention, but leaving out meat made for rather bland rations. Therefore, Hallen was equally grateful for the exchange and happily reached for his new, heartier meal. Before taking a bite, he looked over his shoulder and saw Jojin sleeping, or at the very least trying to. The others should probably follow suit soon before they ran out of nighttime. When the gnome turned his head back, his gaze was met with a new, very curious one floating just there in front of him. The questions came fast and Hallen scratched the back of his head as he processed them and thought of answers.
"Journey was no longer than your own, though the last bit felt like an eternity. But then, it always do, don't it? Uhhh... Did I meet..? Interesting choice of words there. No, fortunately I didn't meet none. Guess they overlooked ol' Tiny here. And nah. I'm only in a bad mood if I'm interrupted while I'm working. Or if you pour molten iron on me." He laughed a little before rubbing his right shoulder. "Curious one, ain't you? You'd fit right in in Rotchet. I think me sister Carrely is part of some group specifically looking into restoring the soil 'round Alcine. Only alchemist in the family, she is."

Hallen had little time to reminisce about his family before Malak's face had an intimate meeting with Tyrian's fist. It's not that Hallen was particularly interested in politics or disputes, but he'd learned to be very attentive when humans started a brawl, easily becoming caught in the crossfire of 'human passion' as they called it. Hotheaded is what just about every other race would call it. Nevertheless, his attention was off the fairy and on the human again as he took a bite of his meal. From the calm man giving the group some points of notice to little more than a teenager defending his girlfriend from a bully. Whether it was laughable or admirable how easily humans changed their conviction towards someone, the gnome didn't know, all he knew was his meal getting cold.
As much as he wanted to step in, he severely lacked the strength to actually stand up to either of them, even in Malak's groggy state, so he simply watched and took another bite of the rat. Luckily, the troll 'don't think I caught her name yet.' stepped in to do just that. Her words were simple, but her message was clear. "You tell 'em, troll lady!" He called out to her before giving her a small applause. "And wrap it up, everyone. It's high time you lot get some sleep."

• Love
Reactions: Cartoonicat
WMmHwLy.png

Tyrian could not deny...that strike felt rather good. A great deal of his growing frustration piercing within that blow. In his days as ambassador his consistent charisma and skills as a diplomat would more often than not avoid such trifle confrontations. But perhaps the stress of the what truly was at stake here was breaking him when it came to Malak in particular. Breaking his patience that is. The elf was truly one raised in nobility and the arrogance that more often than not occured along with it. That kind of person was not one to try and reason with. The memories of Tyrian's past in his first years in Elloris rang clear in his mind. So much hate and disgust was held to him even with the service he had done to their princess. But it mattered not, his mentor was strong for him and taught him all that he needed. The people grew to love their princess and commander and eventually him. Bridging the gaps of the two kingdoms he now called his home took a great deal of time and knowledge only for him now to have to practically babysit in a situation that should not have occured by the Magister's hand.

Beginning to turn away he stopped at the elves words and was not surprised as he attempted a pathetic stubborn attack on him in his weakened state. He would have felt bad...but something told him if the tables were switched. Malak would relish his defeat even if Tyrian started the battle drained, wounded, and bound all at once. Simply stepping to the side to dodge it and sighing with his retort. " I knew it personally many years ago. Perhaps not to your extent. Perhaps not to your duration or directness in facing it. But I promise I am not ignorant to it...you would be a fool to think that of one who devotes so much to the rulers of the human and elven lands. My statement stands. Even with you at full strength, I will not tolerate you speaking in such a way of Layana." He finished with turning back and walking over to the group once again.

Raising his hand he knew some responsibility should be held here. "I do apologize to you all for even putting such a decision to a vote. I overstepped my bounds to the fact that such a decision is Layana's alone. Malak was put in her charge and in her charge she will stay. This is not a matter of democracy, only a simple error on my part." He said genuinely. Even though Layana and his mind were aligned in the matter this time he still believed in his words. It still was a shame most of the group did not see as much reason as he had hoped. But then again he often would encounter the higher class and representatives of nations as opposed to what the delegation held. He had faith he could adapt and even convince the truth of such matters later. Rest would surely help them all.

What he would not apologize for thought was his attack. He knew no one here except for Dodrelda perhaps understood how to care for another so intimately and of course be protective of them. Thus again he could not truly blame them for not seeing his act as anymore than a random immature act of anger. He wanted to do far worse. The passion of the fires that yielded to his command not having felt such a drive to incinerate in some time. It was for the best...if Malak or anyone for that mattered continued, Tyrian feared for them on account of Layana rather than himself.

"Malak does hold a point though all in all. We are not a team. I am afraid it takes more than defending oneself from a wyrm to sway my mind for any prisoner, especially one not officially appointed to this." He said after the troll spoke her own words, as simple as they were, he respected the core of the message and her direct nature of things. Lusca although had amused him secretly as he stood off in encouragement.

The Gnome certainly took to some of the group well. Tyrian himself not holding much of a thought to him yet. -I must have left a good first impression- he thought with a smirk to himself. Giving a soft smile in passing to Layana, he was confident she would get Malak settled in before returning to their tent. " I can't disagree with him.." He said about Hallen with the effects of the day starting to weigh on him. Tending once more to both Layana's and his steeds before stepping into the tent to rest before his watch.

saPRyOG.png
Well she could disagree with Dodre. Malak had pretty decent aim or at least very precise flicking abilities. Quite the interesting trait to say the least. But that was beside the point as the fairy was listening with as much attention as she could muster with regard to Hallen. Alchemy, eh? That seemed a little dangerous. What was transmutation going to do but either something wonderful or something even more devastating?

For some reason the flaxen haired fae couldn't help imagining all the land of Alcine turned to gold. Very pretty, but not at all helpful to the populous... Or, not directly, they could afford to import all their food at that point, couldn't they? Not ideal, but actually not that bad. Grinning wide, she'd rebut, "Certainly I'd like to meet this Carrely and find out what she has to say."

The fight had some way of both vexing her and causing disinterest. I don't need a keen nose to know the level of testosterone in the immediate area has skyrocketed... She blinked her half-mast orbs, shaking her head ever so slightly. And Malak. Was his brain stuffed with cotton? He had about as much mana left in him as a jeweled beetle. Actually... Maybe that's why his hair is white... Her soft pink lips would form a frown as she pondered the possibility of such a thing? Magic had done the most inconceivable things before... Why not give an elf, of all creatures, cotton for brains?

Jojin's request had the girl moving with only half a mind herself-- so, technically, a fourth of a mind. Give or take a brain cell. She'd snicker under her breath wondering if Malak in a confused state had a mind akin to a cord of twine? Or maybe a ball of yarn? But otherwise she spoke not a word. Warm, shimmering magic of a pale yellow tint would encase Lula as she shifted forms, growing several sizes in the span of several blinks of the eye until she stood on the comfortably soppy ground roughly the height of a second-year-old sapling... or a human adolescent. Despite the enchanted weave of the billowing cloth her gown was made of it would still be scandalously short should she have chosen to revert to her full height, which was closer to six feet. As it were, it rested just above her knees, and she found that comfortable.

She'd pad on bare feet to stand behind and to the right of Jojin, waiting for further orders with a easygoing smile. As far as she was concerned the troll woman was the most-level headed of the group and had leadership capability to spare, so she was most inclined to listen to her. Now that she was a tad hungrier, but greatly more magically capable, she could heal Malak no problem should he accept.

b2aq7xE.png
"Yer righ' on the 'not team' bit," Dodrelda acknowledged, but she didn't stop there. "Yet, we're like to ne'er ge' there wi' 'at mindset." She saw both sides of the coin and, despite having voted for Malak's freedom, teetered precariously on the poorly defined edge. On one hand, they were little more than a ragtag team of rowdy misfits playing diplomat - distrust was inevitable. Not everyone would get along, especially not at first, and that's how it always was with people. On the other, how could they prove to Dagmar and his generals that they were worthy allies if all they showed them was chaos and disunity?

"Aren't you wise, hm?" Lusca piped up, having devoured two more bites of the apple far too quickly for her to adapt to the sight. Since meeting him in Oneac she hadn't seen him enjoy land food so much, yet he had gone on about the 'heavenly' tartness of sour things, though apples always seemed more on the sweet-side to her. Truth be told, she thought him on a diet until now.

Dodrelda shrugged in response. "Jus' keepin' an open perspective," she said. "Much drama 'as there is, I dunnae think the Magister would risk the mission jus' to punish Malak or insist on repentance." She looked to Layana for the last bit, feeling aged from the wisdom of a life long-lived. "Much less distract ye."

No, she felt that the Magister had a different reason for sending Malak. A reason that, when shared with the other nine rulers, had garnered their agreement. Dodrelda wouldn't say it out loud - not now, at least, for nobody knew of her ties to the Darkrun crown - but she trusted her cousin's judgement. ...Unless he was outvoted? Ugh, bloody politicians, gonna get us slaughtered.

Such thoughts gave her a headache - she always did hate politics - and made her tongue itch for her pipe. Yet, instead of stay up late smoking and stargazing, Dodrelda decided to act her age and be responsible. Standing, she stretched arms above her head with a yawn. "But Hallen - Hallen, righ'? - 'as the righ' idea. Time to tuck in."

OqFB2eR.png
Nodding to Lula, Jojin patted her on the back, sending her forward with a gentle nudge. Should someone ask: No, Jojin didn't give a buffalo's butt what drama there was between the trio, nor she did care of Malak wanted his injury healed. They needed to build trust and build it quick - Dragon Country wasn't going to wait for them to get their ducks in a row. Not to mention, she doubted Malak would be able to see well with one eye. Jojin wasn't eager to let that be an inhibitor in battle.

"Heal," she said again, accompanied by a second nudge in the ice mage's direction. If Lula were to heed her instructions, with or without Malak's approval, a pale yellow glow would pass from Lula's outstretched hand and sift through the air, searching for Malak's wound. Upon finding it, he would feel a soothing tickle under the skin of the afflicted area. Within moments, the wound would be gone, the pain nothing but a memory.

jSuOCsd.png
Duras did not know what to think of the binding situation, but he supposed it wasn't his place to think much of it at all. One less problem for him to worry about - not that it would matter much, come a few short hours. He had no intention of staying nor receiving an emotionally-charged farewell, as Rictus had. No, he would take his leave in the dead of night, only Liika and Hallen to deal with.

As a parting gift to everyone but the ice mage, he tasked himself with the binding. Stepping up to Malak, Duras looked down at him front four inches above, lips pursed. Carefully, but not as gently as he could, he cuffed his wrists, eyes narrowing as if daring the mage to retort. Regardless of Malak's reaction, Duras offered Layana a nod that the deed had been done before retiring to his own tent for the time being.

Come morning, he would be gone.
x6LFWhz.png

6UKFXBk.png
Day One. Morning. Arriving at Fenswich Marsh.

"The hell happened?" Dodrelda's eyes bore into Duras' empty Oneac-issued tent. The liger was gone, too. "Where's Duras? Wha' happened?" She looked to the members of the delegation who'd taken watch that night, eyes lasting on those that voted for the first shift. "Did you see 'im?"

Lusca, while not addressed, shook his head and shrugged. "I noticed the liger was gone. Considering Rictus left in quite a hurry after conflict, I did not find Duras' vanishing quite so far-fetched. Though, truly, he did not seem like a deserter."

Having already packed, unlike Lusca who was currently doing so, Jojin dragged a hand down her face with a loud groan. "Crumble. Team crumble!" Hokum snapped his mighty jaws, seemingly in agreement, beside her. "Not good."

"Dare I say it, I agree with the troll," Lusca quipped, tying his bedroll together to keep it from falling open. He looked to Hallen and offered him a grateful, albeit discomfited smile. "It is good you came along, lest we have dropped in members any further."

Dodrelda shot Lusca a look. "How are ye so calm?"

"Oh, darling, you misunderstand: I am crying inside as we speak. We are going to die out here."

Last edited:

The night had been long and cold. While the ice mage was no stranger to anything physically chilly, it was a burden to be smack dab in the heart of cold, bitter group. There was no team among them, but there were those, in spite of Malak's heinous attitude, with a transcendent heart. Lula had healed him before he accepted his fate of chains, and as she did so he lightly apologized for throwing her off his head. He meant no harm, it was merely a playful toss towards the member he trusted, if you could call that, the most—the Dwarf. He cared little for the happenings, choosing to lull himself to sleep with the exhaustion of battling a Wyrm, using all his energies, walking back to the Goblin tower from the marsh, and attempting to retaliate and create even more ice despite his reserves being severely depleted, all at once. Who knew such events could happen in just a single day? Malak had retreated to the solitude of a lone tree. As he fell asleep, the elf had attempted to pick the locks to no avail.

Malak was awoken by the sound of the shuffling, however. He had squinted to see who would leave this godforsaken place, and saw a silhouette mount atop his animal and hightail out of Dragon country. "Most likely the promiscuous cod. I hope a Dragon turns him into fish fillet." He thought to himself, which soon turned into dreams. Thoughts of Lusca leaving lulled Malak back to sleep, because as much as he currently hated the Elloris royal princess and her protector, useless cowards were what he detested the most.

The day went by, and the dawn had arrived as quickly as the dusk had gone… oh, how Malak wished for his rest to be longer, but it was nothing he wasn't used to. The rat he ate last night tasted lovely, and while he wished for more sleep, Malak stood up and walked by to the group, his chains still binding. Stretching his arms and legs, and once more cracking his bones, the Dark Elf. "Wait, what?" he whispered, his eyes falling unto Lusca's. "If you're still here… then," the Elf turned and counted. He shook his head after discovering that Duras had left. "Shame. He seemed strong. Anyway, who holds the key to these chains?"

saPRyOG.png
It had been quite exhilarating getting to use her skills in healing on someone. She honestly had very little practice with sentient specimens. Her curiosity was nothing if not thoroughly peaked to watch the flesh of Malak's injured eye mend and decrease in swelling before her eyes. Not a blink occurred on the fairy woman from the moment her powers manifested to the time his mana began to increase again. She could swear she almost saw the channels of swirling frosty magic filling his body. How neat!

Plants of course did not possess channels of magic so much as they had inherent magical properties. To her glowing orbs most biological things displayed their characteristics in subdued, unique energy signatures. Something that she was exceedingly joyful didn't change just because they were thoroughly sandwiched between dragon country and still hostile marshland. Lula found herself peckish, and that meant she'd be off into the dark trees sooner than later.

A soft smile would pass onto her face directed towards Malak's apology should have chosen to meet her gaze when he gave it, he would have also caught her accepting nod and a small laugh. Obviously there was no bad blood between the two. With that task complete, the blonde female was swift in scanning the rest of her team members, taking in their states of health with surprisingly alert and contemplative expressions. If her comrades were smart, they'd enjoy the moment since her times of clarity were few and far between.

Health related statistics funneled through her brain with the crisp shock of icy water on bare skin. Those who'd been brawling for a significant part of the afternoon were logically fatigued in some way. And as far as Lusca was concerned, she didn't see anything impeding his full recovery past a good night's sleep. Dodrelda had slight muscle fatigue however and so did Liika, most likely compliments of exceedingly stilted and careful navigation on the muddy ground. Grinning Lula sent trails of warm magic toward them, speeding along their healing processes as well. Of course, this was followed by the growling of her own stomach.

It wasn't much of a worry. She'd take care of it this evening before it was time for her to take her watch.

And as a matter of fact, come morning should her group members care to glance in the early morning light they'd be surprised to find her reverted back to her smaller state resting easily in a nook of tree roots as she cupped her slightly distended stomach, surrounded by an assortment of strange looking roots, fruits, and fungi. Some food stuffs even had small bites taken out of them, probably unable to be completely consumed because the girl had managed to gorge herself on something former.

Q61tKoJ.png
"Finally." Hallen said to himself with a satisfied sigh. As the group went to bed, Hallen walked back over to his ram to retrieve a few things from his toolbox before returning to his post for nightwatch. With half an eye on the group's surroundings, Hallen began working on a mechanical bird of his own design and making, adding gentle taps and clinks of metal on metal to the crackling of the campfire as a background sound for those who did not go to bed yet. Which meant just Liika and himself, or so he believed.
Not long into the night someone got up and mounted their steed. It was the orc. Duras didn't seem keen on explaining his reasoning, giving the two a simple explanation and hurrying to leave. Hallen was equally unkeen to ask for further details as he was too intimidated by the man to do so. Only when the orc was gone did Hallen relax again. One less member for the delegation.

Come morning, Hallen expected the confusion, though was a bit surprised by the quick acceptance of Duras' decision by some of the party members. He was beginning to wonder what everyone's motivation to be here was. Political blackmail? Random pickings? Few of them seemed eager to be here. "Yeah, well.. See.. Yeah, saw 'im leave." Hallen said a bit embarassed, then approached Dodrelda to explain what happened the night before. "Big guy didn't want to stay. Said we weren't a team and that dragons'd eat us or something. Seemed eager to leave, too. Think he was just waiting for you lot to hit the hay 'fore he left. Even so, all of us wouldn't be able to stop the big fella, I don't think, so I just let him. What can you do?" He told her and shrugged.

• Love
isCZQuf.png

It was strangely a relief to see everyone head to sleep. Usually, Liika loved a campfire and the stories that happened around it. Even a good brawl counted as entertaining. But this? Maybe it was the fact she saw how ill it sat with her friend Layana.

But when it was finally just herself and Hallen, she made her way over to him, aware enough to situate herself to watch beyond his back, asking him about what it was he was working on, how he'd come up for the idea of it, and such. Quiet like, of course, as to not disturb those resting not so far away. But enough to while away the time …

Until Duras got up again. He was leaving, too.

The only reason Liika didn't shout him down was because of the others who were sleeping. She would have happily tore into him thrice as hard as she'd given Rictus. Duras she was coming to trust. His judgement and tactics were sound. His only folly was his comfort working with only blindly obedient soldiers, and Liika had been certain that would adjust with time. She had been wrong about that, it seemed. He was only willing to work one way. And if they were all so stubborn in their ways, there was no way they were going to accomplish the goal they had set out for.

Of the rest, Layana she trusted to have her back, and Tyrian by extension. Dodrelda and Jojin she expected would hold their own. Lula, well, it had been quite a sight to see her larger than her axehead, and she'd proven to have curiously good intuition about dragons. Lusca she so far trusted insofar as he had money, and with the way he threw it around, he had to have some purpose. Malak, well, with the night's happening's she was exactly set on believing he could handle himself. Hallen so far was an entertaining fellow.

Did they have a chance? Liika would bet the odds were against. But there was no way she was returning to Laureen empty-handed even if she had to go alone.

Her last words to him? "Feed that mount of yours to Ny-- that dragon and I might just not raise my blade to you next I see you." Which of course had led her to recounting to Hallen how she and three others had walked away from a dragon mother, half bragging, and half in attempt to assure their newest member it wasn't all bad. (Or was she trying to convince herself?)

Morning came, of course, and with it the discovery of Duras's desertion.

"I'll tell you what you can do," Liika interjected, a bite in her voice, an irritated swish in her tail, downright refusing to add or amend Hallen's portrayal of Duras's departure. "You can all stay the course. The next one who so much as thinks of retreating, I will strip you bare before you can even turn away and you will hope for a quick death as a dragon's meal."

Flora above her knew she could use a good fight right now.

y0ktMRy

Standing upright with his bedroll in arm, Lusca quirked a brow at Malak. Realization dawned on him and he let out a sharp bark of laughter. "I've invested far too much coin in thus endeavor; you won't see me scuttling for the kingdoms so easily, hate to disappoint." Though, reflecting back on his behavior with Rictus, Lusca knew he held no qualms with abandoning the others in battle should the need so arise. The thought struck him, then, that perhaps that was why Rictus left. Had he known Lusca ran away? Assuming he'd live through this adventure - and Lusca swore he would, because he hadn't come there to die - he'd ask.

Maybe apologize, though unlikely.

"Speaking of those missing, though, where is- Oh, there she is," he spotted the fairy curled up by the root of a tree, bits of half-eaten flora surrounding her. His lips twitched into a smile; fairies were, for lack of a better term, downright adorable. "Come along," he nudged her lightly with the tip of his boot, "before a dragon takes a bite out of you like you did those mushrooms."
b2aq7xE.png
"Aye..." Dodrelda dragged a tired hand down her face. One day in and things were starting to fall apart. She enjoyed watching the drama and conflict probably more than anyone, but business was business, and living was the most serious business of all. She'd like to not die, thanks much. She wondered about their current state and what impression that would give Fenygan the Ancient. She doubted the idea of team bonding exercises would go over well with some of the delegates, but it was worth a shot, at least. Glancing at Jojin, she waved her over. "Ye got the map?"

Jojin nodded and spread it open for the two to look at. "What look for?"

Dodrelda's eyes scanned the page as everyone else packed their things. Loudly, for all to hear, she spoke: "Makin' a straight shot for Fenygan will 'ave us walkin' at night in the open. See tha' tree there?" She pointed to a tree marked on the map, situated directly South of the general's presumed location. "Could camp there tonight 'n travel to Fenyan tomorrow mornin'. Give us time to prepare before meetin' 'im."

"A tree...?" Lusca hummed, setting down his equipment and retrieving Rictus' journal from one of the compartments. He flipped through a few pages, mouth set in a line. "Aha! I knew I read something about a tree last night... Anywho, it says here that it is hollow on the inside, though it didn't appear natural." He squinted, finding Rictus' handwriting a challenge to decipher in some areas. "General hypothesis is that a dragonkin, or dragonkins, hollowed it themselves, yet Rictus made no mention in his notes of finding the tree occupied."

That was it! A large, enclosed space to spend the evening bonding in preparation for Fenygan the following day. "I say we sleep there tonight, yeah?"

"No."
OqFB2eR.png
Was the dwarf insane? They had no clue if this tree was claimed. Even if Rictus came across its vacancy before, who knew how long that had been and what creatures may have found a home there in the meanwhile. Not to mention, it would elongate their travel time by an entire night. Granted, they would need the rest, but they needed to meet with the general more. Rest-stopping at the tree sounded like a recipe for disaster.

"What do ye mean 'no'? Better than sleepin' outside in the open!"

"Nest," Jojin said. Pursed her lips, thinking for the word in common tongue. "Poss... possible? Possible nest. No more mothers," she said, looking to Liika and Lula for backup since they were the ones who had accompanied her through Nymara's cavern. "Dangerous."

"And sleeping outside is not?" Lusca asked. "Both are high risk, regardless of what we choose."

"No nests."

"Looks like we have a poll to take, then. If we go North, we should be at the outskirts of Fenygan's location late tonight. Northwest, predominately West, will take us to the tree early enough to get a decent shut eye and preparation in, should we find it unoccupied... Thoughts, everyone?"

Q61tKoJ.png

Hallen flinched slightly at Liika's interjection. While she wasn't as scary looking as the orc, her voice demanded every bit of respect that Duras' would and her size only added to Hallen's fear of her at that moment. A chill went down his spine as he imagined her powerful legs stomping down on him. Forget drunk humans overlooking him and falling on him, a horse's body would crush him instantly. Nervous, Hallen looked over his shoulder twice, then pretended he was stretching. It actually helped him relieve an ache he'd had in his back. Usually he slept in a comfortable bed, but that luxury had been left behind when he came here.

"I like a good plan and I'm inclined to trust our hunter here." Hallen said, gesturing towards Jojin. "Sounds like that tree'd be a popular spot for dragons and I'd rather avoid 'em if possible." He added, then scratched the back of his neck as he tilted his head back. With a heavy sigh and some hesitation he continued. "Then again. The whole point is to meet dragons, yeah? What's our plan for the old geezer fenygan anyway? You reckon he'll just let us walk up to him for a nice chat and not eat us? In that case some sort of liaison be easier. Liika told me that dragon lady gave us her blessing, but we're talking about a dragon general here. We are still at war, after all.. I don't know."

Then the gnome fell silent. He'd spoken his mind and while he had a clear preference, there was also a small part of him choosing the other option. As much as he wished to avoid dragons altogether, that wasn't what they were here for and even if he'd sooner run in terror than hold a conversation with one, they'd have to face them eventually. With that being the case, Hallen would rather confront a standard dragon like Liika and her group had before facing one of their leaders. But that's counting on the assumption that the tree would be occupied in the first place.

• Love
saPRyOG.png
Honestly it was probably the frights of the day that had taken the most out of the young fae. Those she had actually healed weren't all that beat up in the first place. Sore, scratched, and slightly tenderized, but certainly not critically ill. No, most of her mana had been used in the transformation of her body to its larger state, plus emotional fatigue, aka stress.

Which had led to stress eating, as it always did eventually. The blonde magical being had flounced off into the forest at her earliest convenience. Once again taking her smaller form, she had expertly sought out and acquired anything edible the boggy marshland had to offer: roots, fungi, and the occasional non-poisonous insect. Not only was it much easier to fill her belly when she was tiny, but it was also more efficient for the recuperation of her magic. Being smaller meant that the time it took to accumulate ki from the ley lines fo the world was significantly lessened; obviously, it had to do with charging a smaller vessel. Like a battery! With wings!

Wandering thoughts aside, she had smiled herself to bed with a full tummy. Hence, when Lusca nudged her into wakefulness, her attempt to escape and go back to bed simply ended horribly in her rolling onto her still digesting stomach, "Uuugh..hurts so much..." She'd whimper softly into the moist ground. Her stance was unsteady as she rose, rubbing her gut with slowly blinking, large eyes. "Hm?" She grunted rather intelligently at the water kin, taking her sweet time in conceptualizing that the party was preparing to move out for the day. It was the low hum, that was talking of Fenygan that finally got her ticker ticking. "Shouldn't we be well rested before we meet more dragons?" Seriously, another day to prepare never hurt any adventure.

• Love
y0ktMRy.png
With none else voting, things were left at a tie. Lusca scowled at those who had not dedicated themselves to a choice. "I see, leave me as the tie breaker," he said. Lusca hated making difficult choices; it left all the more room for error, for him to be wrong. Yet, when met with so much silence, he could not let things fall at a tie lest they be standing there forever. And, so, he weighed his options.

Each side had presented a good argument for their route of choice. It made choosing difficult, especially when he himself did not know the ins and out of Fenswich Marsh. Deciding might be easier with Rictus, here; at least he would know his way around. Alas, the goblin had long since gone, and it would not serve Lusca well to dwell on the absence of knowledge.

So, he chose the easiest answer: Rest. "The tree, then," he said. "Should there be a dragon there, do not blame me; I prefer to abstain from these voting things, but you forced my involvement." Looking rather ruffled, he finished packing his equipment and set off towards their destination without any help of transportation.

Jojin frowned as he left, muttering something under her breath that sounded little more than gibberish to the merman's ears, and he could hear the smile in Dodrelda's voice as she clambered atop her ram: "Well, there ye have it!"

6cjNVh1.png
Several minutes into the trek towards the tree, the creeping sensation of being watched washed over the party. Dodrelda bit her lip and Lusca tucked closer to the nearest delegate. Meanwhile, Jojin and Hokum prepared for confrontation, though no enemy presented itself. The air was still, their surroundings quiet. All in all, being so exposed in contrast to their day in the trees was unsettling at best.

"No like..." Jojin murmured, bow and arrow at the ready. Even Hokum looked on edge, what with how he constantly stopped and stared off into the distance, a random direction, as though something were there. The troll, however, kept her eyes on the sky. "Dangerous..."

"Woulda been as bad either way," Dodrelda said, though she, too, appeared uncomfortable. She shivered, running thick hands down the visible standing hairs on her arms. "But, yeh... I'm gettin' a bad feelin' out here, too..."

Lusca swallowed, cleared his throat. "I would not be surprised if we all were," he said. "Everything is so... open. It is like the Deep Water, back home. Nowhere to hide."

"No' helpin'."

"I was not trying to."

Water levels varied from sloshing at their mounts' ankles to their haunches, soaking the group's pant legs and boots rather thoroughly. Their speed was significantly slower than that of the day prior; so much water and differing terrain made it difficult to keep a steady pace. Yet, still, they made decent coverage across the open span of marsh, though the tree remained unseen.

They had a long way to go.