The City of Guilds (Signup)

I'm sorry, but that's how some of the players in this rp write, and I believe that they shouldn't have to change. A majority of the really long posts are collaboration posts, and we do A LOT of those in this rp. Also if you are referring to the post I just put up that is a GM post for closing up an event so that everyone can once again move around freely.
No, yours belong in the range I am willing to read. 7k letter limit is just put there as the bottom limit.

It is more targeted at the people that, regardless of collab or not, go overboard.
42k letter is too much, even for a collab.

12k is too much for an individual and his or her character acting. It means there are too much filler.

I don't think its fair that you blatantly state you state what people shouldn't do in their posts. That your here to rp with "serious" rpers. I mean we all roleplay and design our posts differently. I use flashy titles and centre my texts because that is what I am used to and comfortable with. We all want to enjoy our time posting as our characters and the plot. I'm not going to change that either way even if you go an ignore it. In fact id find that honestly, insulting. Who knows? I may dislike certain aspects of how people post or styles but I don't ignore their work for it because that is probably what they are most comfortable with.

In addition, while my characters currently are of to their own devices, I still read nearly all of the other posts even though they have no relation to me at all. I respect each rper for the work they put into their posts. While I may sometimes get exhausted with longer posts, I still read them and I don't complain. It may just be their style to write like that.

I don't think anyone here is not a serious rper.

I am not stating this to start an argument or anything but I felt quite uncomfortable with the past few messages here. If I'm causing trouble ill sincerely apologize.

I don't think its fair that you blatantly state you state what people shouldn't do in their posts. That your here to rp with "serious" rpers. I mean we all roleplay and design our posts differently. I use flashy titles and centre my texts because that is what I am used to and comfortable with. We all want to enjoy our time posting as our characters and the plot. I'm not going to change that either way even if you go an ignore it. In fact id find that honestly, insulting. Who knows? I may dislike certain aspects of how people post or styles but I don't ignore their work for it because that is probably what they are most comfortable with.

In addition, while my characters currently are of to their own devices, I still read nearly all of the other posts even though they have no relation to me at all. I respect each rper for the work they put into their posts. While I may sometimes get exhausted with longer posts, I still read them and I don't complain. It may just be their style to write like that.

I am not stating this to start an argument or anything but I felt quite uncomfortable with the past few messages here. If I'm causing trouble ill sincerely apologize.
Why you don't center text
http://uxmovement.com/content/why-you-should-never-center-align-paragraph-text/

flashy images are distracting and disturb focus, same for smaller font than standard. Larger ones make them look unnecessary long.

All your customizations have a price and I am not willing to pay them.

Neither did you properly read what I wrote or at least were unable to understand how exacly I meant it, seeing the blue star.
If you take roleplaying seriously, you are mindfull of readability, for others.
If you are not, do not be suprised if they just skip over you.

You didnt read the code of conduct as a guide for writing either and ignored that completly.

You also make it much harder for people to get involved. Roleplaying is to roleplay together, not on your own, long posts disallow the possiblity of others affecting your characters story.

Also forcing me into an emotion in the first two lines do not make the post very interesting if you have the opposite emotion prior to reading.(may or may not apply to you, noticed it here and there, didnt look at the names.)

Also solving everything in the same post is rather lame. Wolfsin and a few others have great, much shorter posts and those are very readable and not a thing to work through.

Last edited:
I personally didn't read anything anyone wrote previously, simply becasue of what Desire stated. Long, tedious, and overly fluffed posts are boring and a waste of time. If you can't get your point across in as little as three or four paraghraghs then you're not an experienced RPer.

What the hell does having a blue star got to do with this? I never said that you thought that anyone was not serious that was my opinion on the matter.

On another note, I honestly am not going to stop how I customise my posts because of your comments on what issues it raises. Till now, no one has mentioned issues to me and I know people who center and it hasn't caused me problems.

Ignore my posts if you want because to be honest it doesn't bother me. Never asked you to pay the price for my customisations as you put it

Also, longer posts don't always make it harder to be involved. In some cases you get more detail for reactions ot have more to go off for your responses. All my recent posts are collabs and my normal posts aren't that long but if I need to put filler or do a long post I shall.

As I said, I don't want to argue but this seems rude and it doesn't seem to just be me. You can have issues with customisations all you want but at least respect the persons post and don't go telling everyone you will ignore it and how they should post.

I don't think I put much fluff and filler in my posts but if people do, I don't think these messages are fair to them.

I don't think I put much fluff and filler in my posts but if people do, I don't think these messages are fair to them.
You're right Aka, but Desire and I also bring up valid points as well. No one is saying you can't fluff up or write a wall of text, but you need to see it from our point of view. In many cases long tedious posts become a chor to read, and then well, you begin to dread reading. People can get their point across, without having to put into detail every minor aspect of what there character is doing.

No I understand that sammael. I really do. As I said before I see long posts and more often than not I am exhausted by the sight but I don't comment on it. That person has spent the time on that reply and worked on it. Fair enough if you don't want to read it, fine. If it was me someone could just ask me to brief them on main points if I posted a wall if text. But you don't need to turn around and say you will ignore it because how is that going to leave them feeling?

So me posting more than 3-4 paragraphs makes me an inexperienced rper? ^ I don't know my average posting length buts its probably more than that because you may need to incorporate more than what you partner gives to you in their reply.

If it was me someone could just ask me to brief them on main points if I posted a wall if text. But you don't need to turn around and say you will ignore it because how is that going to leave them feeling?
thats actually something I could very easily compromise onto.

As I said before I see long posts and more often than not I am exhausted by the sight but I don't comment on it
This is why I mentioned the blue star, you are a minor and unlikely to be busy wíth work as some of us are. My shedule is full.
I got a community to manage, this includes reading dozens of mails, solving issues and sometimes spending whole evenings on just that.
I got a team on league of legends to manage.
I got to work ontop of that.

I have been unable to meet friends for the past three weeks. Roleplaying is a hobby for me and should not be work ontop of everything, because then I am unable to relax with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sammael9216
No I understand that sammael. I really do. As I said before I see long posts and more often than not I am exhausted by the sight but I don't comment on it. That person has spent the time on that reply and worked on it. Fair enough if you don't want to read it, fine. If it was me someone could just ask me to brief them on main points if I posted a wall if text. But you don't need to turn around and say you will ignore it because how is that going to leave them feeling?

So me posting more than 3-4 paragraphs makes me an inexperienced rper? ^ I don't know my average posting length buts its probably more than that because you may need to incorporate more than what you partner gives to you in their reply.
I get your point, I understand what you are saying. Sometimes people are blunt and can be seen as cold or rude, but people who beat around the bush, or are too cowardly to say what is on their mind simply because they don't want to be rude, are worse in my opinion. Not saying that you or anyone else is like that, so please don't take what I just said personally. Now from my perspective it simply feels like a waste, the point that I'm trying to make is that long drawn out post should be avoided because they are not necessary. All I wanted and what Desire is trying to say, is that we hope people understand where we're coming from and take that into consideration. Look back at your posts, read it and ask yourself "Is this really important, does this bare meaning and significance?" If you not, then perhaps you should think quality over quantity.

Right. I maybe a minor but I am not going to be for long. I'm in college and I just finished my exams which made it hard to post even here. That was why I gave a notice to wolfy months before it occured. So even if I'm a minor I am still piled up with work and responsibilities that make rp a hobby. I am currently swamped trying to study for next year, move house, interviewing for summer jobs along with volunteer work. So no I cant read long posts all the time. I read some posts in free moments at college and even briefly if I cant read it all.

Please don't assume I'm not busy because if my age. In fact you don't even know my age except that its under 18.

I will say this right now. If I make a long post due to me feeling it is necessary then I shall. If you can't take the time to read it due to work then I respect that and you are free to Pm me and ill give a briefing of it with important details because I understand that you have a life outside of iwaku that is important. If this conversation needs to continue can it be in a PM? I don't want to cause any trouble for the Gm and Co-Gms.

Sammael. As we are talking about opinions I can say this. People may post something and see it as relevant even if you don't. I wouldn't put anything in my post that did relate or if it wasn't needed. If I feel it does to make me feel my post is complete it shall go in. If you don't like long posts, as I said, as someone for a brief view of it.

I read all of my posts seconds after posting to make sure I feel its ready.

As I said I understand how you feel about long posts. I don't take what you said personally because I don't like to beat around the bush either, if I feel something needs to be said then I will. As I'm saying this now, I don't feel its fair if you guys gang up on people who are posting long posts and state you don't even read it. That part was unnecessary. You could of just said that due to cramped schedules could people try tone down post lengths. I'm sure everyone can understand being busy to the point they cant keep up in rps or with posts.

Everyone has gotten their point across, I feel like continuing this conversation will be a waste of time. No one is going to change their minds on the subject. If a post relates to my character, and I feel that it is too long to read, I will contact the poster and ask for a brief summary. That is a compromise I know Desire and I can make.

• Thank You
Reactions: White and Wolfsin
Alright so you don't want beating around the bush right?

Well here it is, There is a way to talk to people, there is a way to bring your point across, and by coming out with a DEMAND! and cloaking it as a fucking question you sound like an onconsiderate self centered, SLEF fucking entitled Prick. If you had approached this in the way of a discussion rather than stating your fucking opinion as a fact, then i would hav elet a conversation like this slide. Now as for the idea of long posts witht hings in them. If you have a damn problem then contact the writer about it and ask them to summarize the damn post, don't be an inconsiderate fuck about it and write a rant about how this is the inexperienced way of writing, You apparently don't know shit. I DO agree that quanity does not make quality I have been working with my fellow posters on fixing that, but that does not mean you come in here and start having a bitch fit because you had to read for god sake. If you don't want to read then don't roleplay!

Im not here to baby people, and im not here to fucking deal with anyone elses bullshit either! If you hav ea fucking problem then come and talk to me do not start a damn war with the others of this roleplay, because many of them are sensitive and there is no need for it, That is what PM's were invented for. You have now started DRAMA @Desire, and im not okay with it. So kindly if you can't contreol your sharp fucking tongue and venomous words then get the hell out of my roleplay before youe ven start, because frankly Im NOT DEALING WITH IT! Your opinion is your own, state it as such, or leave it the fuck out of my ooc I care not what you do!

Now as for @Sammael9216 I like you. I like you a lot, In fact I like most of the writers for my roleplay, but there is a very fine line between being a fucktard with a self entitled way of thinking, and being a person who promotes constructive criticism. If you want to support her to the bitter end then be my guest Iv already lost a few people in this roleplay Im not afraid to lose more. I love both of your story ideas for my world, but Im not going to deal with this bullshit! Get over it, read what you need to or ask the writer POLITELY to summarize posts if your rig can't handle reading them. If your too lazy to read and that is your only reason then fuck off and get over it! We all have shit going on so comparing lives is fucking ignorant and again NOT dealing with it. The next spat from eithe rof you concerning this will get you not only banned from this roleplay, but talked to by the higher ups. There is NO reason for a fucking war like this to have begun to begin with. and it ends here!

Thank you for accommodating Sammael! I appreciate that.

Let it be known as a final Decision based on evidence outside of this chat that Desire is no longer a player in this roleplay. She is welcome to take any material she has and go with it. This entire subject is done from this point forward. Ill pm Desire myself to let her know, and beyond that no further action by THIS rp group is to happen. Thank you.

Wolfsin~

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
This is our ooc thread, talk here please or else it will be deleted!

Norindul +The City of Guilds+ OOC

That said I am deleting this thread soon and having us put our cs on a fresh page.. tired of the ooc spitter spatter.

It does, if you want to pm me we can talk shop ill also explain current situations with the roleplay.