The Chosen

Alistair heard some more enthralled commotion back at the bakery and was confused. 'Nevermind,' he decided. They just appeared to be a bunch of locals obsessed with a strange outsider. This is why its good to keep a low key.
Continuing his tail of the white haired girl, he noticed she would go in and out of a dazed state. 'What is wrong with her?' Its something he was bound to find out. He ran to catch up, and tapped her on the shoulder.
"Hey are you alright? You're looking really... sick or something, and rather pale. Do you need to get to an Inn?"

(sorry i didnt check first....T-T)

"oh and sorry to you as well" he was just barely able to flip the brute off of him and the girl with the spear and help her up"are you ok?"<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>he didnt know why he was concerned for the well being of this girl but he could sense somehow that she would be pivotal in his upcoming journey. "i am so sorry!, i didnt even mean to....."

In the middle of her Master's usual end-of-conversation insane laughter, Shadow was awakened by a tap on her shoulder. Not used to human contact after living in a lab all of her life, she jumped and tripped herself on one of her feet. "Wha? Huh? You...? Who are-?," She stuttered in confusion, as it is not easy being released from the mental connection of the Darkness. She only stared at the man in front of her with a blank look on her face.

Elizabeth watched in shock at suddenly two different people bumped into the man who was about to attack her then the man who was watching her made all of them fall down, squishing each other. "Oh my god!" She tried to hold back a laugh at them all then rushed over and tried to help. "Are you guys ok?"

Alistair just stood there. That wasn't quite the reaction he was expecting. He took a calm stance and approached her gently. 'She must be a lunatic.' She was dressed nicely enough though. Like a higher societal class than him at least. He reached out, "It's okay, here let me help you up."

Shadow had a short-lasting sense of safety, before memories of the arm-like grabbers that contained electricity in the lab flooded into her mind. Her eyes again filled with fear, and she bared her fangs in a hiss. She then felt a strange sensation all over her body. She looked to see what it was, but she saw nothing. Shadow realized that she was invisible. "That must have been one of the things the Master was talking about," she thought, and slinked away silently.

Alistair was dumbstruck. He looked around, but no one even noticed the course of the events that affected his mind right now. This young woman just disappeared. Ignoring the fact that its uncommon to have supernatural abilities, for a brief moment he saw a creature of pure evil. Alright, that confirmed his dream was true... At least thats what he thought for a second. Alright maybe not, probably just a lunatic who happens to have a power. But why would she be roaming around a city?
'Speaking of strange characters,' he hurried back to the bakery. His plan was to observe from the crowd. Not make himself too noticeable.

Holly narrows her eyes as the man responsible for all of this mess pushed the body off of her and offered his hand. She takes it, but not before debating whether she should pull him down at the same time in search for some tiny revenge. She masks her feelings, though, because she knows better than to start a ruckus -- right, as if that hadn't already happened -- when she has a job to do, people to find, and flowers to buy. Because Marcy is still insisting she needs them for whatever God forsaken reason her younger sister thinks Holly would need flower's on this journey for. Then again, it's not like she told them the truth about her going, but... well, that was for their protection. Surely they'd understand, when she got home? ...If she came home?

None of that matters now, though. Keep your head out of the clouds! she tells herself angrily.

She forces a smile to her lips at the man that helped her up, and to the neko that started this whole thing who suddenly appears at her side. She pulls her concealed lance out from where it stuck between her shoulder blades.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine," she replies, brushing dust, pebbles, and a rogue hoof print off the back of her slim-fitting light-yellow gown. She brushes a thin strand of straight brown hair back behind her ear, exposing her bright green eyes, shallow lips, and faintly pink cheeks. She wears a light mask of make-up, a bit of darkener beneath the edges of her eyes, and a thick chain of expensive looking dodger-blue beads around her neck. Her ear-rings, golden studs from which hang identical replicas of the crest on her bag, dangle from her ears and shine in the mid-morning light. Her gown, fairly simple in design, sways around her feet and just covers the tops of her bland, brown shoes -- a complete contrast to the rest of her outfit. She stands straight and as tall as she can, the way nobles do, because that's what she is, even if she doesn't really fancy the idea -- it's a way of life she was bred into, and in public situations, it comes to her more out of instinct than out of choice.

"Thank you for helping me," she continues, a pang of annoyance in her voice, "but honestly, you could watch what you're doing! You could have killed me or something..."

She trails off. It's as though, all of a sudden, she's remembered that she's actually a shy person, not used to talking to people outside her manor, not used to conflict and certainly not as forward as her mannerisms might portray... but again, maybe that's part of her noble life, too.

Elizabeth scratched the back of her head embarrassedly, she didn't mean for this other girl to be caught in the fight too. "Sorry about that, it's my fault. I didn't think someone else might get hit too." She looked over and stuck her hand out to the girl. "My name's Elizabeth, what's your's?" She looked over the girl, with the way she was dressed she looked to be noble or something of that sort. She looked down at the dirtied clothes she was wearing then back to the other girl. Wow, she really needed to get some new clothes soon.

<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>jack heard the annoyance in the girls voice and laughed "im glad that the person who provided the distraction i needed is going to lecture me on looking before walking hm?" jack suddenly felt guilty for being such a smartass to the woman "look.....im sorry alright? i was just trying to help the neko girl....she was being attacked by that man for no reason whatsoever and i would hate to watch a random stranger get killed" jack suddenly thought back to the faces of all the people he had dispatched of for the gang that he worked for and was suddenly very serious " but there are much more things in this town besides a large man squashing you that could kill you.....and i assure you most of them are much, much more painful...." jack was silent for a few seconds then yelling at the crowd "what the hell are you guys still here for? the man is unconscious on the street! nothing else is going to happen, go back to your buisiness." then to the girl he had helped up "i suggest you do your business and then leave before something really bad happens...." then to the neko girl " and you! what are you doing just standing there all helpless when i can obviously see some daggers concealed on your person?! " jack sighed "nevermind..." jack then started to walk off into the crowd

Shadow listened to the voice of her Master, "Good decision, my minion, you have already used one of your previously forgotten powers. Now, I will teach you more after you do one more thing for me today. It seems the Chosen are getting closer to each other and are interacting already. Not good. I need you to go to where their presence is strongest long enough for me to identify them. Go." Shadow followed her instinct to find the odd group. She silently observed them in the shadows for the Master, when she suddenly became visible. Shadow did not know this, so she stayed where she was, staring at the Chosen.

Elizabeth watches him carefully as he shouts at everyone. She rolls her eyes at Jack when he begins to shout at her but chases after him and grabs his arm to stop him. "Wait!" She wasn't sure why she felt like he was important for some reason but she just went with it, it might have something to do with that dream she had about being one of the Chosen?

Malice watched the whole ordeal from afar. Amusing as it was, she was here on serious duty and she felt she ought to treat it as a demon hunt, quick, calculated and organized. She decided to keep to the shadows of the town and watch her soon to be "team-mates" without exposing herself in the middle of the city, after all Grim Angels aren't supposed to be in the public. Thats why her black wings were tucked in and cleverly covered by a backpack.

"Their odd.." Malice whispered in an icy voice.

Holly watches the man go after his little apology and his little speech and his little threat to the crowd. She shakes her head, conservatively of course, and lets her eyes bore into the back of his head while he wanders wistfully away from them in some lame attempt to fade back into the sea of people that flood the marketplace. She turns instead to the neko girl with her hand extended.

Holly smiles broadly -- a real smile.

"Nice to meet you, Elizabeth," she says. She squeezes the girl's hand and shakes it gently. "You may call me -- uh, I mean, I'm Holly. Holly van Greustein, Duchess-to-be of Fairfeather Province. I was actually wondering... I saw you from inside the store... what were you up to, with that man? Hardly seems like you were trying to make friends with a man like that."

She casts a hesitant glance down at the trollish man, still unconscious, whose body still litters the haphazard cobblestone road.

jack turned around aggravated at fact that the neko girl decided to follow him "what do you want?!" he instantly felt bad for yelling at her but he acted angry nonetheless "i dont want to have anything to do with you! go away from me!" he turned around and started to walk once again hoping to lose the girl in the crowd
'she a stubborn girl' he thought to himself. all he wanted to do was to get home, get some sleep, and go looking for the other chosen and forget about the embarrassing incident that just occurred on the street
<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

(Elizabeth had chased after Jack… Holly can follow then talk to her but she left)

Elizabeth glared and chased after him again. "Make me!" She then sped up so she could be in front of him then stopped in the middle of Jack's path so he could continue walking away. "I'm talking to you, so stop walking away from me!"

It took Holly a moment to realize that the girl's hand whose she'd grabbed was, in fact, the hand of a bystander and not the neko's at all. The noble girl blinks. She bows to the woman and apologizes before quickly darting off after Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth! Sorry, I kind of spaced out for a minute -- where's he going?" Holly asks when she catches up, noticing Jack stomping away from the pair of them for a second time. "Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Holly. Holly van Greustein."

"There are more than this!," The Darkness screamed into Shadow's mind. "Not all of them have met? Find the others, minion! NOW!" Shadow snuck away from the Chosens that she was watching and again followed her instinct to find the others. She came to a stop near a young girl. "The one is called Malice. A Grim Angel. This could go against us in the future. Use caution near this one," The Darkness whispered. Shadow continued to observe her quietly.

Elizabeth huffed at the boy she had been chasing and rolled her eyes in annoyance but turns to face Holly with a smile. "Hello, sorry I ran off, it annoys me when people just yell at others then leave." She motioned toward Jack. "But it's nice to meet you, Holly."

Malice felt this weird feeling, as if something was over her..watching her. Uncomfortable and slightly mysterious, Malice moved from the alleyway which she stood and darted through the streets, she felt like taking flight but it would be way to noticeable here so she resorted to mixing in with the crowd while she followed the other Chosen.