The C-Listers; [Closed/Dead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am just saying you can do mad many things with it

Well how many people need to be in to get the IC going? We have 5 or 6 as it stands.

I do not know how to put this but... I fear that I might not be able to partake in this roleplay. I do apologise.

Aw. Allright.

Oz;
I am writing the IC at the moment. waiting for some people ^^

*Slowly browses his more advanced f-list totally legitimate RP site partners to draft them*

Pffffffft

Mad Dog Mulligan should be the voice of reason.

My cs is pretty much done but I'm nowhere near my computer atm. In 3 hours I should be home and will post it then.

Name: Timothy 'Tim' Wilkes

Persona: Salvage

Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/211/a/e/blacksmith_workshop_fix_by_chekydotstudio-d4245ek.jpg

Archetype: Genius

Power set:

• One man's scrap is another's treasure: As with other Geniuses, Tim specialize in the making of objects that defies the rule of physics if only using materials from what one considers as scrap. Despite being made from scraps, the things he made is good enough to content with B-Listers, however those very items tend to suffer from various problems and malfunction.
  • Cheap Knockoff: By completely dismantling the work of another Genius and studying them, Tim could afterward make his own version of the object. Of course, by nature of not knowing the exact process and using inferior materials, the quality of what he makes suffer from degradation as well as his usual weakness.

Origin Story:
As far as a Genius went, Tim was a fairly low profile one, preferring to run his recycling business while using his talent primarily as a hobby. By the very nature of living in Mercury City, his business also includes the task of gathering and scrapping equipment and techs that were broken during a fight between Supers, what's left behind and forgotten by the SSU and the big guns at least. After a few (relatively) minor incidents involving self-destruct mechanism, Tim had taken it to himself to dismantle the broken techs and, to his surprise, found out that he could later recreate the tech on his own. Apprehensive on the reaction of related Supers, Tim decided against doing anything public, only using what he gained to make small upgrades that would aid him in his business.

It all changed when a Hero by the name of Big Glory puzzled out his ability and came to him with the work of a long dead Genius. The Hero managed to convince Tim to work with him in dismantling the machine and then reverse engineer it. Believing that it would be used for good and that helping the Hero would give him enough credential and public support to be also be one, Tim agreed and they both started on what would be Tim's Magnum Opus. At least, that was the plan until a Professor Okawam came up in the news after filing in a patent of the exact same machine that they were working on. The news surprised Tim and it was accompanied by Cops and SSU bearing down on him with a warrant. Inevitably, they found various copies of other Geniuses work in his place, including the very latest machine he worked. He was almost immediately brought to the Court, with the Professor/Big Glory citing his notes to be stolen and denying to ever met Tim. Soon after, Tim started his stay in the Helena Ward.

Last edited:
Finally we have a mad scientist! HUZZAH!

New CS in the works

Last edited:
Is his origin story a case of unreliable narrator?
Or is it just that weird because time travel?

I've done a small change to the bio of my character for two reasons:

1. This change is way more funny
2. There's a running gag I wanted to clarify :p

I've done a small change to the bio of my character for two reasons:

1. This change is way more funny
2. There's a running gag I wanted to clarify :p
*OCD does a victory lap*

Thank you sooo much.

Is his origin story a case of unreliable narrator?
Or is it just that weird because time travel?
I'll leave it up to interpretation O_o

IC is up

@Mglo You took your power straight from the flash. Even ripped of the inuniverse explenation and Eobard Thawnes stuck in the past storyline... You can do better then that...

Last edited by a moderator:
IC is up

@Mglo You took your power straight from the flash. Even ripped of the inuniverse explenation and Eobard Thawnes stuck in the past storyline... You can do better then that...
A link to said IC would be appreciated.

Name: Sylar Hellman
Persona: Chidaruma

Archetype: Gifted

Power set:
Pain projection: He has to injure himself to project the pain onto others via touch.

Pain reception: Like-wise via touch, however he can't control it and thus cannot make use of it for his projection nor can he prevent another's pain from passing onto him during accidental contact.

Origin Story:
Sylar was born in an orphanage. His teenage mother raised him there as best she could until she became of age and left the place to start her life. Sylar stayed, always looking forward to her visits. He believed the situation was temporary and that once she had enough money she'd take care of him and they would live together again. He didn't feel like the other kids, they had nobody and waited to be chosen by somebody. Sylar already had somebody, to be together they just needed money.
During the wait, Sylar felt the effects of his gift early on but was not aware of it being something out of the ordinary or even something his young mind could explain. Sometimes he just hurt, and sometimes it was others that hurt. With time his gift became more pronounced during which he realized that he was both cause and victim of the pain around him. This ability took its toll on the boy, sending him into isolation and consequently further yearning for his mother as if she was the way out, as if her mere presence would put a stop to his curse. Suddenly waiting wasn't enough, they needed money and he would help. The youngster would sneak out of the orphanage to get money in any way he could, giving it all to his mother on her visits. She would smile at him and he would be happy.
And so it started, the downward spiral into money aquisition at any cost. Sylar covered as much of his skin as possible hoping to minimize the foreign pain, however he found that pain projection could be useful… even at the cost of self-mutilation. Thinking he'd gathered enough spare change to live on, he ran away. Except, momma wasn't there no mo. She bailed, and a pissed off and bitter Sylar decided he wasn't going to feel this pain alone. He would share it with the world!

Sylar Hellman was arrested for inappropriate touching when trying to steal a wallet. He was then sent to jail for resisting arrest and poking an officer's eye since it wasn't the first time, or the second or third… He also didn't have a say in his persona name, that was given to him by one of the officers and it kind of just stuck. When asked about it he tries to evade the subject because he knows very well why it was given to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.