The Butcher's Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Si, she does. She's, eh, teaching Alexa to paint. I mean, Caprice. Teaching Caprice to paint," he said, shaking his head at the mistake. He sat down heavily on the stool his friend had vacated. "But Alexa's a good teacher. She's pretty smart on her own, an' she's takin' art lessons too..." he shrugged. "Not the worst person to learn from, even if she's, you know, younger..." Vanni's speech was getting a bit slower as he had to think a bit more carefully on what he was going to say. Fortunately his English was just about second nature to him. He wouldn't even attempt Russian currently.

Ivan smirked and looked over at Giovanni. "I just had a thought..." he looked back at the shot he was lining up. He missed. Miserably. He laughed and stood up, taking another drink. "If we both lose our English, how're we gonna keep talkin' to each other?" He laughed and moved over to sit on another stool beside his friend.

Vanni laughed loudly. "It'll definitely be interesting! But we won't need words where we're going!" He drained his bottle and put it to the side before getting up again. Swaggering over to the table, he leaned against it a bit more as he lined up his shot. Somehow, he managed to sink a ball, even if it wasn't the one he'd been aiming for. "Maybe..." he said to his friend, holding up a finger close to his face as if making a point, "maybe your brother will take us home when we can't talk anymore..." He leaned down to take another shot and missed the cue ball entirely, snorting with laughter.

Ivan laughed at his friend's miss and finished his own bottle. "Hopefully! Or else we'll end up in the drunk tank!" he laughed and got up, swaggering up to the table himself. He leaned against it, staring at the balls. "Man...I needed this....like...really bad..."

"Th' drink, or th' game?" he wondered, staring at the table. He waved over one of the girls to collect the empty bottles and bring them a couple more. "I tell you, amico, it is do strange things in your head, when you have someone's life in your hands. It is, eh, potente, it's powerful. But, when it's over, I just wanted to drink. Now I know why Cesare, he smokes so much...Are you going to shoot, or are we giving up?"

"Huh? Oh, the drinks..." he said, shaking his head to try and clear it up. He leaned down to take a shot and did surprisingly well. He smiled when he sunk a ball and moved around to get a better angle. "I know why Dimitri goes to the boytsovskiy klub now. There is...something...something moshchnyy about hitting someone and feeling their bones break..." He sank another ball, apparently gaining some strange hyper focusing skill at this particular stage of drunk. The topic of conversation was also sending him to darker places. "I've cut flesh from bone before. I do it almost daily at work. I clean the bones of dead animals." He sank another.

"This was different. It was so different. Different from when we got back at those guys that pytalsya yebat' moyu sestru...eh..." he stood up and pinched the bridge of his nose. "With Millya. You know." he waved his hand when he couldn't think of the words. "All of that. When Dimitri was.." he made his hand into a pistol and pointed it at his chest and made a soft gun noise. "Da? But this was different. That was quick. It was fast. This was...it was....Mne ponravilos'."

Vanni nodded slowly, piecing together what Ivan was saying. He gave up playing and just let Ivan take over. "When, when I hit him first, in the knee, I think, he is già morto. Dead already. He is not human, he is cadavere. But still, is scream, is break, is bleed. And I hear him breathing. But when all is stop, I am want to..." He made the sign of the cross. "But si, I am kill for save life, but this...questa è stata la giustizia."

When the drinks came back to them, Vanni took them and handed it to his friend. This time, the toast was serious and silent. "I think...maybe è tempo. We go home..."

Ivan turned away from the table and leaned back against it, staring at his friend as he spoke. He nodded and took his bottle, taking a nice, big drink. "You are want I ask Dimitri?" he asked, pushing himself up off the table. "So we do not end up in zhelob? Or jail?" He laughed and shook his head. "I am ask." He straightened himself up and started focusing really hard on not looking like a complete idiot as he walked across the bar. He did fairly well, too. He took another drink before he pushed open the back door and crouched over the trap door. {Mitrya!}

"Kakiye?"

{Vanni and I need a ride...}

He stood up and looked up at his brother's face, smirking. {Yeah, ok. But whoever pukes in my car gets thrown out while I'm driving. Got it?}

{I'm not that bad! I just...don't remember English...}

Dimitri smiled and climbed up the ladder. He stared at his brother for a minute before putting his hand on his shoulder. {I'm proud of you, Ivan. You're right. You truly are a man now. When you're sober, I have a proposition for you and Giovanni. But not right now. I want a serious answer.} He turned his brother and pushed him gently towards the back door. {Go to my car. I will get Giovanni and we will go.} he said, making sure his brother got the door and was outside. He walked back into the bar and up to Giovanni, smiling. "Come. I drive you." he put his hand on Vanni's back and gently started ushering him back to the back and the back door to the parking lot.

Vanni had been sitting in a bit of a daze, drinking his beer and wondering where his friend had disappeared to. Maybe he went to the toilet? That sounded like a good idea. When Dimitri came and found him, he went willingly, swaggering out to his friend. When they got outside, though, Vanni made a sudden turn, almost throwing himself off-balance. "Aspetta un secondo..." he mumbled, stumbling over to the wall. Struggling with his trousers, he finally managed to get his dick out to relieve himself, leaning against the wall for support. When he was finished, he straightened himself up as best as he could before stumbling over to the car. "Il mio amico! Ho pensato che era scomparso per sempre!" he laughed when he spotted Ivan already in the car, and fell in after him, snickering.

Dimitri wrinkled his nose a bit and shook his head. He got in his car and started it up, not saying anything to the boy who no longer spoke English. At least no one pissed in his car. Once Vanni was in as well, he started driving, keeping an eye on the boys through his rear view mirror.

"Там вы! Я думал, ты заблудился! Это хорошо, что я пошел, чтобы получить вам Димитрий!" The other boy rambled off, settling back with his head against the nice, cool glass of the window. He looked over at his friend and grinned stupidly. It had been such a good night...

Vanni slumped down in the backseat and rubbed his face sleepily, idly singing to himself as he watched the night city go by outside the window. "Dove stiamo andando, autista? Puoi lasciarmi a casa? Dimitri ha voluto Ivan a stare a casa mia stasera ..." It was a good thing Dimitri was driving them. They would have gotten lost if they had attempted to walk.

Dimitri smirked as he glanced back at the boys in the back seat. Yes, they were men now. But they probably shouldn't drink so much. He pulled up outside the Bonaduce residence and parked. He turned around in his seat and looked at the boys. "Stay here. I'm not carrying you both inside." He said, then repeated himself in Russian for Ivan's benefit.

With that, he got out and walked up to the door, ringing the bell and waiting.

Ivan grinned and nodded, then looked over at his friend. He pushed his arm lightly then looked back out the window. It had been a hell of a good day...

Vanni snickered and pushed him back, grinning at him. The earlier dark thoughts were long forgotten, and he just enjoyed the lazy, fuzzed feeling. He barely knew what was happening and he honestly could care less. He hummed a song to himself, squinting up at the house. "Siamo a casa? Perché stiamo seduti qui?" He fumbled for the door handle and pushed it open, stumbling out of the car.

Cesare opened the door just in time to see his brother fall out of the car. He chuckled as he watched him stumbling up to the house. "I take it they went out to celebrate?" he asked Dimitri, watching his brother out of the corner of his eye. "Thanks for bringing him home." The smile twitched for a second as Vanni finally stood up. "Um, why is he covered in blood? It's obviously not his..."

Dimitri looked back at the boy and sighed. "They are come to Anne's Place to celebrate and are ask to help if someone is cheat. They are help with eh...bigger situation." He turned to look at Cesare. He was so much less terrifying to the boy than Aurora was. "Someone is send one of my girls to hospital." He shrugged. "I am need favor. Mama is niet do so well with son who is come home covered in blood. His or otherwise. It is possible for Ivan to stay night? I am apologize in advance is he is eh...if he is sick. Also, they are both drink until they are forget English....so..."

Ivan laughed at his friend and climbed out of the car himself. He leaned against the door heavily and looked around with lazy eyes. He suddenly really had to piss. He sighed and started stumbling towards the house. {Dimitri! I have to piss!!}

{Hold it! And be quiet. Come here.} He reached his arm out and put it around his brother's shoulders. "He is also have to use restroom...."

Cesare laughed and hooked his own brother under the arms. He was never as severe or scary as Aurora, he didn't have it in him, and at home he was even more relaxed. "Down the hall, fourth door on the left. Let me get this one upstairs, then I'll show you where you can stow him for the night..."

<Hey Cesare, lookit my knuckles! You shoulda seen the guy's face when I finished with him. And I got a new suit to drink in my manhood. It's all dirty now, because the bastard bled all over it. You would've been proud of me...> Vanni rambled on to his brother.

Cesare just shook his head and unceremoniously slung his younger brother over his shoulder and moved aside to let Dimitri past with Ivan before the kid wet on the floor.

"Bolshoe spasibo." He said, pulling his brother along quickly to the bathroom. He helped him inside and helped hold the poor boy steady, but by the shoulders only. {You drank too much, Vanya. You need to be careful.}

{Nonsense!} The boy cried happily, closing one eye in hopes it would help him aim better. {We were celebrating! I got to help Pyotr with the trash and I got to help you with the trash! I am a regular garbage man!}

Dimitri laughed and shook his head. {Yes you are, Vanya.} He said, patting his shoulder. {I'm very proud of you. Wash your hands.} he said, ushering the young man through proper bathroom etiquette.

<Vanni, you are lucky that Caprice isn't here to see you like this. What were you thinking, drinking like that?> Cesare wanted to know. <You are an absolute mess.>

<Didn't I tell you? I am a man now! Pyotr said so. And Dimitri. Oh yeah! Did Pyotr talk to you? He said he was going to talk to you. Can I help? Dimitri can tell you how I took care of that guy tonight. He sent a girl to the hospital, and I sent him to Pyotr! I hurt my knuckles, though.>

<Yes, he talked to me. I'll talk to you about it when you're sober. I am proud of you, but next time, come home without me having to throw you over my shoulder, okay?>

Vanni just laughed.

Dimitri ushered Ivan out of the bathroom, after making sure the boy didn't leave a huge mess, and back into the entry hall to wait for Cesare. He smirked at his brother and pushed Ivan's new hat farther down on his head. {You aren't a runt anymore, huh?}

He grinned and tried to push his hat back up. He ended up knocking it off his head. He laughed and turned around to try and pick it up. {Nope! Not a runt anymore! I'm a man!}

Dimitri made his brother sit down on the stairs and went to retrieve his hat. {A very loud one. Close your mouth. We'll get you to bed soon.}

He laid back on the stairs and stared up at the ceiling. {I wish Jessie was here.}

{What? Jessie? Wh....} Dimitri's face darkened a bit. {When?}

He shrugged. {She let me draw her...}

{You should probably stop talking now.} he said, folding his arms. {I don't want to hear this. You're 15...}

{So? You were like, 13...}

Dimitri dropped Ivan's hat over his head. {Go to sleep.} he sighed and folded his arms again, waiting for Cesare, a little annoyed now.

Cesare returned from stripping his brother down and tucking him in, as well as setting up the guest bedroom next to his. "Alright, drunk number two," he said, hauling Ivan up over his shoulders as well. "I've got a bed and a bucket all ready to go. Will you come get him tomorrow, or should I bring him over once he's upright and coherent? He can wear something of Vanni's," Cesare offered.

"I feel I am burden you enough by leaving him here. I will come and pick him up in the morning." He smiled. "Thank you again for taking him. Our mother needs as little stress as possible, what with the twins and all." He shrugged and put Ivan's hat back on his head, since it fell off when Cesare picked him up. "Thank you."

Ivan laughed and put a hand on his head to hold his hat. {Goodnight, brother!} he said before laughing again, waving stupidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.