The Butcher's Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanni grinned and stood up straighter at the praise, before heading over to Toby and Anthony. "Hey Toby! Evening, Anthony," he greeted them happily, offering his hand to Anthony first. His knuckles were still sore and cut, so Cesare had put some salve on them and helped him to wrap them lightly to keep the cuts clean.

"Excellent, just fine. Things are going well, and starting to come together for the wedding," he purred, rubbing Rosa's side idly as he kissed her temple.

Caprice sat down with her task so she could talk and try to focus at the same time. She chatted on about helping with the boys that morning when they woke up sick and grumpy, and that Cesare said they had drank too much and it was like when she ate too many pastries and got a tummy ache.

"Hi, Vanni." the boy chirped happily, leaning against his dad's leg. He looked up and reached up to poke his baby sister's foot gently. He loved the girl to death and tried very hard to be the best big brother he could be. He was doing really well for a kid his age. He looked back over at Giovanni as he shook hands with his father and tilt his head. "What'd you do to your hand?"

A soft purr left William's chest. "Well, Rosalie and I can't wait. She's in the kitchen with Aurora, but I wouldn't go in there if I were you. We've all been threatened at knife point already. The only girl outside the kitchen is little Isabella." He chuckled and shook his head, motioning for Rosa and Cesare to enter the house properly. "Anthony, Tobias, and Isabella are in the living room."

Anthony gave Vanni a firm handshake, though he was careful of the boy's knuckles. "Good to see you Giovanni. Keeping out of trouble I hope?" He asked with a bit of a smirk, knowing damn well that the kid had a habit of being up to no good like everyone else in the family.

Vanni smirked. "Well, the bad kind of trouble, anyway," he answered Anthony smoothly before turning to Toby. "Just a bit of a fight," he answered smoothly, not really wanting to get too much into it with the younger boy. It was half true, anyway, he did hurt them by punching someone.

Cesare moved forward to greet Toby and Anthony as well, shaking Toby's hand first, and then Anthony's. "How's everyone doing this evening? It's been awhile, hm? Been keeping busy, Anthony?" he inquired.

Toby, while wondering what the bad kind of trouble was, and if there was a good kind of trouble, shook Cesare's hand and grinned. "I'm fine." he said, before turning right back around to play with his sister's foot. It was so tiny and had such sharp claws!

Isabella giggled and kicked her feet, trying to reach Toby to scratch him. Because it was fun.

Anthony nodded and gave Cesare a firm handshake. "Things have been good. Actually been getting clients in my office for the first time in a few months." He said, shrugging "I suppose more people get into affairs during the summer."

Cesare laughed at that. "I suppose people have more time to get in trouble," he joked. "Do we know yet how long we'll be banished to the sitting room?"

Vanni wondered the same thing but didn't say much more, still feeling a bit tired from being hungover. He grinned at Isabella and distracted her from her brother by tickling her behind the ears.

Isabella giggled and pushed Vanni's hand away. She started babbling and kicking, stretching her arms out towards Giovanni.

"Dad, put her down so we can play with her! You're too tall. All I can reach is her feet!" Toby said, bouncing in his spot. He flung his arm out and hit Giovanni. He pulled his arm back in and frowned, rubbing it. "Sorry, Vanni..."

William walked over to peek into the kitchen, then came back. "Well, it looks and smells like they're almost done...Aurora is getting the plates down...shouldn't be too much longer now."

Status
Not open for further replies.