The Butcher's Apprentice

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesare nodded. "It's no trouble. Have a good night, Dimitri, and thank you." With that, he turned and headed back up the stairs with his second charge of the evening. He stripped Ivan down to his shorts and put him in bed on his stomach, near the side of the bed where a basin sat on the floor, just in case. Once both of them were settled, and Vanni could be heard snoring quire loudly, Cesare took their bloodied clothes and put them in the hamper for the cleaners. He sat up for awhile, listening out for the both of them, before heading off to sleep himself.

Dimitri nodded and let himself out, knowing his brother was in good hands. He was glad to have such trustworthy family friends around...

Ivan was asleep the moment Cesare picked him up. He didn't cause the guy any trouble when getting changed, and snored a bit himself.

Of course, he woke up the next morning and had no idea where he was. He groaned and dropped off the bed onto the floor, pushing himself up just enough to throw up in the waiting basin. He coughed and wiped his mouth before slowly sitting up and looking around. Where the fuck was he...?

Caprice had returned home that morning, and Cesare had set her up as a lookout for the boys while he went downstairs and started on some breakfast for the hungover teenagers. When she heard Ivan throwing up, she immediately went in with a pitcher of water and a glass, smiling at him. "Cesare said you need to drink a lot of water, and that I musn't shout because you got a headache," she said in almost a whisper. She poured him a glass and set the pitcher on the night stand. "I have to go tell Cesare you're both awake now."

In the next room, Vanni had already been watered, and was dozing off again with his head under his pillow, trying to escape all light and sound, and deeply regretting getting so drunk the night before. He didn't even remember getting home.

Well, that certainly answered his question! He gave Caprice a grateful smile and took the glass of water. He drank deeply from it and sat back against the bed. "Thank you, Caprice. You're doing very good." he said, closing his eyes. He was starving and sick to his stomach at the same time. It was a really weird feeling. He really didn't like it.

Caprice purred happily at the praise and skipped out to go inform her brother they were awake and hopefully get some more praise.

Downstairs, Cesare was frying up some eggs, bacon, sausages, even frying some toast and tomatoes to help the boys with their hangovers. He was just about done when Caprice pranced in happily, announcing the boys awake. Cesare kissed her head and gave her some toast, bacon and tomatoes for doing a good job, and watched her disappear off out to the porch to enjoy it. Turning off the stove, he dished up two plates and carried them upstairs to the boys.

Vanni had resumed his snoring, and cursed grumpily when his brother woke him up to eat.

Cesare just laughed and headed over to the guest room, knocking before letting himself in. "Good morning," he smirked at him, finding the two hungover boys extremely amusing. He'd cared for many a brother celebrating his new manhood this way. Almost like its own right of passage.

Ivan groaned at the sudden noise and forced one eye open to look over at Cesare. Caprice was so much quieter... "Good morning, Cesare..." he said, slowly rising to is feet. He should have stuck to the vodka. The sweet mead was absolutely killing him. He sat on the edge of the bed and poured himself some water. "...That smells good..." he looked over. "Thank you..."

Cesare nodded and set the plate down next to the water on the night table. "You're welcome. At least you're coherent, which is more than I can say about your drinking buddy in the next room. Once you eat and shower and drink off that pitcher of water, you'll feel halfway alive again. Your brother will be by some time this morning to pick you up. You can wear some of Vanni's clothes home. I'll send your suit to the cleaners." Once he'd finished filling him in with the information, he excused himself and went to make sure Vanni was awake and eating, or at least drinking his water.

Vanni had sat up in bed and started to drink some water, but had dozed off again, halfway through the glass, his head resting on the headboard and the glass about to fall out of his hand. Cesare flicked him hard on the ear, startling him and causing him to finish spilling the water all over his lap and the bed, cursing.

<Maybe now you'll stay awake,> Cesare smirked, refilling the glass and putting it back into his hand. <Drink, eat up and shower. Come on, we've got a lot to do today.>

<But I'm sick, and it's Saturday, anyway!> Vanni complained.

<It's your own fault you're sick, and eating and drinking water will help. And I know what day it is, which is why we have a lot to do. So stop complaining like a child, you're the one who was boasting last night about being a man. Didn't look much like one when I had to carry you upstairs and put you to bed. Maybe you'll prove yourself better today.>

Vanni laid his ears back at that statement and drank his water down angrily before snatching up his plate. <I am so. I'll show you!> he challenged.

<Good, I'm sure you will,> he nodded, leaving the room and heading down the hall, laughing to himself.

"Vanni! Stop yelling!" Ivan shouted himself. He sighed and sat back against the headboard of his bed with his plate in his lap. His head was pounding and swimming at the same time. He sighed and shoveled the food into his mouth, finishing the water pitcher easily. He put both aside and moved off to the bathroom where he took a nice, long shower.

When he was done, he pulled his shorts back on, wrapped himself in a towel, and poked his head into Giovanni's room. "Cesare said I could have some of your clothes?"

"Mm, yeah," Vanni mumbled, just getting out of the shower as well. He had his shorts on and was rubbing himself dry still as he picked out a shirt and some trousers and socks for his friend. "How you feeling?" he asked, setting them on the bed along with a bottle of aspirin. "If your head feels anything like mine...God, I never want to do that again. I hope we didn't do anything too stupid..." Vanni started pulling on a set of clothes for himself. "Cesare's up to something..." he mumbled again, thinking aloud.

The boy shrugged and moved over to get dressed. "Dimitri's going to pick me up at some point this morning." he said as he dressed. "I don't think we did anything stupid, but I really can't remember much after we started playing pool..." he rubbed his face. "My head hurts so bad..." He saw the aspirin on the bed and popped two of the pills into his mouth, just swallowing them dry. "What makes you think he's up to something?"

"He's got that look on his face," he answered simply. "I don't know if he's trying to punish me for getting drunk out of my mind, or because of what Pyotr told him. If Pyotr told him. But whatever it is, right now it feels like punishment." Vanni picked up his water from the stand and drank another glass. "My head is killing me right now, but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of watching me look like I'm slowly dying all day."

Ivan smirked. "Well, let me know how it goes...Hopefully, I'll get to sleep all day..." he yawned and rubbed his head.

While the boys were talking, Dimitri stepped out of his car and walked up to the front door. He rang the bell and straightened out his suit. He had done a lot of thinking the night before, and had a good, long conversation with his father.

Cesare was busy feeding Roma and letting her run in the yard, as well as getting the breakfast things washed up, so he sent Caprice to answer the door. She giggled as she greeted Dimitri. "Good morning! Cesare said it was you coming. Ivan and Vanni are upstairs getting ready, I think. Cesare said I shouldn't go up there right now because they're probably still grumpy. Do you want to come in and wait?" she finally offered after rambling on for a minute.

"Well, here's your answer," Vanni smirked, hearing the doorbell. He drank another glass of water and then headed for the toilet. This was one downside of all that water.

Dimitri gave her a charming smile. "Good morning, Miss Caprice!" he said happily. "I would like to come in and wait, da. Thank you. You are a generous hostess." he said, following the girl inside.

Ivan nodded and sighed. He decided to wait upstairs for his friend however, not really sure how his brother was really going to react to everything. He sighed. "You don't think we did anything too stupid last night...."

"I don't know, I don't think so, otherwise Cesare wouldn't have been as pleasant. But I guess we'll find out..." Vanni answered from the bathroom, finishing up with the toilet and washing his paws. "Okay, ready to go?" he asked, emerging again and heading for the door.

Caprice let him in to the sitting room and skipped away down the hall to the kitchen to tell her brother.

Cesare had just finished washing up in the kitchen and dried his paws, asking Caprice to bring Roma inside as he headed to the sitting room to greet Dimitri. "Buongiorno, Dimitri. Have plans for your brother this morning? They both woke up quite regretful this morning. I'm going to be taking Vanni out for a day of shopping. Suit fitting, gloves, and some other new accessories," he grinned mischievously, obviously enjoying the opportunity to torment his younger brother.

Dimitri sat in the sitting room and waited patiently. When Cesare walked in, he stood up and smiled. "I was going to take him home to screaming baby twins." he said with a chuckle. "But, I think a suit fitting might be good idea. They both looked so good when they came into Anne's Place last night. I am sad Pete was not there to see them. They are look like true adults."

Ivan looked over at his friend and smiled a little. "Well...to our fate then, yes?" he asked, walking downstairs after making sure his friend was following. This was something that, for some reason, he really didn't want to face alone.

Vanni smirked, following him down the stairs and running a comb through his still-wet hair, trying not to look too disheveled. His headache had lessened by now, but it was definitely still there, and he still felt queasy and exhausted. He heard the voices in the sitting room and headed that way, presenting himself dressed and ready to the older brothers. "Good morning, Dimitri. Thanks for bringing us home last night," he said, clearing his throat a little as it was still full of sleep.

"Ah, here they are now, upright at least!," Cesare announced, being purposely a bit loud and over-cheerful to annoy his brother. "Ivan, I believe your brother has his own plans for you, and Vanni, we have an appointment, so let's get going." He turned and shook hands with the Zaitsevs. "I hope you both have a productive day as well."

Vanni shook hands with Dimitri and his friend as well, and headed out to the car with Cesare. <What about Roma and Caprice?> he wondered.

<I'll let you slide with forgetting about Roma, since yesterday was extenuating circumstances. She's fine, but she needs to stay home today. Rosa agreed to watch Caprice, so we can attend to the business at hand,> Cesare explained, opening up the car door and climbing in.

Vanni flushed with embarrassment and silently climbed into the car. He'd never forgotten Roma before, and felt terribly about it. He determined to spend time with her when they returned home after doing, whatever they were going to do.

"Ah, da, good!" Dimitri said, grinning and being a bit loud as well. "Wonderful. Come on, Ivan. You and I are have things to do as well!" he said, putting his arm around his brother's shoulders. "Thank you, Cesare! Good bye!" he whisked his brother off and into his car for a productive day of suit buying and such. They were also going to have a meeting with Pete, and a talk with their father. But that was for later.

Aurora waited at the diner Anthony ran, sitting at a booth back in the corner by herself, idly watching people walk past the window as she sipped her coffee. It was an important day and the matters at hand put a small smile on her face. She looked over at her daughter who was sitting up all by herself in a high chair at the end of the table. She smiled at the little girl and stroked her cheek gently. Today was a day for family. A good day for family.

Vanni wasn't sure why he was nervous. Most likely because he didn't know what was going on. He didn't know exactly what Cesare knew, or what he had said the night before. He hated not knowing, and after the powerful feelings of control last night, the feeling of a complete lack of control had him very nervous. He didn't dare speak, not knowing if Cesare was really upset at him or not.

Cesare, having gotten his own report on the events of the previous night, and getting a chance to see the body himself, let his brother stew in his own thoughts and sweat awhile, letting the actions give their own consequences. Other than get too drunk to remember anything, including the English language, Vanni hadn't done anything wrong, so why punish him more than he was punishing himself? He'd learn a lot more this way. He pulled up outside The Little Rose and parked the car. "Right on time."

Vanni looked up in confusion. Why were they here? He stepped out of the car, squinting a bit, and followed his brother inside, silent and nervous.

Aurora looked up when the brothers joined her at her table and smiled. "Ah, wonderful! How are the both of you this morning?" she asked, sitting nice and straight as she usually did, but her finger was currently lost in a death grip by her daughter. The little girl held her mother's finger ine one hand and a crayon in the other, coloring on some paper Aurora had brought for her. They were just the vague scribbles of a child who could barely hold the crayon, but the girl was amusing herself and that was all that Aurora cared about at the moment. "I heard you had a busy day yesterday, Giovanni..."

Status
Not open for further replies.