The Ambrosius Academy for Witchcraft and Wizardry (Original Wizard-School RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, well things seem to be going well here.

Anyone have ideas based on what's here or any questions about the RP? I kind of tuned out of this for a while due to other things but it seems like it's picked up, which is good. So I'm gonna be back as often as I can ^^

I'm assuming we'll start school at age 11 as a First Year. We'll need Professors.

Yeah, I'm thinking we're all first years (fun to progress the story from an early age, I find), which will lead into us growing up as we learn more.

But I was also going to look into playing professors. I'm thinking to keep them as NPC's as of right now, but I could be swayed if you convince me.

We already have the headmaster and the deputy-head mentioned in the letter, but I'm sure we can think of some teachers.

Also, I'm thinking about starting us off with the day we buy our first wands/doing a "1st wand" interaction with everyone, perhaps in a group PM or at the start of the IC or something? What do you guys think?

Yes. Well need our own House Sorting system too, and house names.

Already got that "sorted" :3

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Yeah, anything else you'd like to discuss? The location of the school, anything you'd like to see going on there (sports, competitions like the Tri-Wizard Cup, Balls/School Dances, etc) or perhaps an idea for classes/wizard sports/etc?

11 is really young o_O whoa, um, I guess I can give it a go though, since you say they will grow up and learn and stuff.

Are there no CS's or whats the deal with that -waiting for an ooc first-?

Also is it possible for some characters to be somewhat knowledgable in the dark arts prior to starting? I was thinking of playing a cocky know-it-all mega-bitch (or douche if I decided to play a guy).
What level is this rp? (I didn't see the tag ^^")

@CaptainObvious, this is an Intermediate RP. Minimum I'd hope for is 2 decently sized paragraphs, but you're more then welcome to have more.

As for the dark arts, I'm not sure what you mean. Like necromancy or are we talking HP Dark Arts like the curses and such?

Reactions: CaptainObvious
Oh I meant like witch craft when I said dark arts (sorry I've never read Harry Potter so I don't know any of the lingo) Necromancy seems ... well super advanced, I just mean some basic stuff so MC can act like he/she is waaay ahead of everyone and be a general dick but really he/she just knows a few spells ahead of their peers ^^"

Also 2 medium sized paragraphs is ay-okay in my book, can't promise I won't write a novella if I get struck with the writers bug though (sorry in advanced btw) ^^" As long as its not free I"m generally happy :D One liners are a 'mare

Wizarding sports. Umm... Polo played on Dragons or Hippogrifs? School location can be important too, to figure out thr grounds layout

Reactions: Ravenbelle
@CynderTheDragoness, me and the co-GM (@Ravenbelle, get your butt over here!) have an idea about the school's structure/what type of building it is, but we can discuss a grounds layout and perhaps create a basic map of it.

Dragons might be a bit too big (and... Fire-breathy), but Hippogriffs could be fun. We could also play baseball with balls that auto-target the hitter (ala Bludger style)

@CaptainObvious, Oh I see. Yeah, he/she could probably know about the stuff but it wouldn't really be taught in school (until later years), so they could be a jerk and use it. Just don't kill anyone and run it by me first.

Also, CS's are waiting for the OoC.

Oh god of course not!!! I solemnly swear, no matter how big a dick my char will be (if I choose to go that route), no characters will be killed off (unless its like totally agreed on and part of the plot etc as arranged in OOC threads, I won't go ruthless insane-o killer on the group!!!) Perhaps a few rats will perish though ...

Yeah, thats pretty much what I had planned, MC acting like Lord-Awesome-Sauce, maybe have a rivalry with one of the other students who is proficient in magic etc

Totally calling it for Dylan. (MC)

Ya'll gonna be the Draco to ma Harry!

Kidding, kidding xD

Reactions: CaptainObvious
I prefer female roles. Would I be Hermione or another girl in the same year. (Didn't pay much attention to minor characters, and Ginny is too young.)

You mean a Hermione-esk character?

Yea. Exactly.

I'd be down for that.

Also, I'm just saying ahead of time, you're allowed to plan romances and stuff but try to hold off until it's not creepy (16 would be the minimum to start trying romance between the characters). I don't mind crushes and the sort, but let's not be weird with the love interests.

Also, how did you guys want to do the year progression? Any ideas on how long we should make one school year?

Yeah thats why I was shocked when you said 11 x'D aint no 11 year olds romancin' when I'm around coz its friggin CREEPY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.