The Aire Virus

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Corrie! Help me move the couch when we get in. Hey idiot. Just hide in the kitchen!" He skidded to a halt and ran over to the couch and waited for Corrie.

Jason was 7. He stood above the dead horde of manglers, his massive machete still poised above his head. He dropped his arm and sheathed the machete on his back. He took a sharp survivalist knife from his waist and started rummaging through the manglers. They tended to eat most of their victims and almost always swallowed their supplies. He butchered the manglers with an impassive face, finding a long length of thick, strong rope, and a cellphone still with charge, which he could use to spark for a fire. He stood, and started setting up his trap again. He built it in a house, where he hid in a cupboard. When a group of manglers passed, he would ring the bell he'd found, and they'd run straight into the house, being trapped in bear traps, blinded by spotlights, and attacked by the viscous Jason.

"Find some houses... Grab some supplies..?" He suggested, walking next to the other male, looking around, scanning the area for any houses or anything that looked like they might have some useful stuff inside.

Jason was setting up his trap again when a very large horde jumped him. His bear traps weren't reset, and he was surprised. Many manglers fell under his machete, but there was just too many. He turned and ran. He sprinted as fast as he could ducking in and out of houses, the manglers hot on his heels.

((Since there is no OOC thread, I'm gonna post this here. I'm gonna play as an antagonist Mangler of questionable origin and intelligence. (And some random manglers that I don't mind dying instantly.) If that is alright with CookieMonster?))

Corrie grabbed the boy's wrist to tug him in the rest of the way, making sure he was inside the house before turning to Ford and the couch. Quickly she reached out and pushed with all her strength- which was considerably more than what one would think looking at her.

Ford pushed as well and the said "Everyone quiet down..." Silence filled the air, only the sound of heavy breath could be heard. Then suddenly a loud bang in the door. They had been seen."AH! God damn...manglers!" He stayed and held the couch to the door.

Jason sat down on the grass. "So where do we go?" He asked the other male. "I don't know the area around here."

Outside the APC where Vange was sleeping a small pack of manglers had gathered, at the present they seemed docile, one could assume they didn't even know she was less than a yard away. A rat ran by, squeaking as it hid under the vehicle, which caught the attention of two nearby manglers, one was once a man, the other a woman, they both growled and threw themselves at the rat. Since there was one rat and two of them they ended up getting into a fight over it, screaming and scrabbling at each other under the APC. A few yards away there was an observer, the shadow it cast was all that could be seen, cast against the wall of an alley. After a few seconds the shadow, and it's caster, retreated back into the alleyway.

Shit, we should have stayed, Corrie thought immediately, shoving back against the couch again and staying there. But then the kid would be dead, she reasoned, shaking her head slightly. It had to be worth it, she decided. Doing the right thing was always worth it, right?

The manglers outside the house were beating on the door, as more and more came, they made ever increasing noise, which then attracted yet more manglers. It wouldn't be long before a whole horde would be at the house. As the door was only a few feet wide, the manglers were eventually spread over to the windows, it would take even less of a beating to break through them...

"Neither do I, but..." He looked around quickly, picking out a house that looked like it might contain some useful supplies. "there looks like a good place to start?" He suggested, pointing towards the house.

"Damn...Corrie...Get the kid and yourself out of here." He put all his strength into holding the couch to the door. "There has to be a window somewhere...go."

Corrie almost laughed. "Don't be a dipshit, Ford." She scoffed, turning around to push the couch with her back instead of her arms. "Do I really seem to you like the kind of girl to leave someone to the manglers?" She shook her head, blowing a few strands of curly hair out of her eyes. "You're hilarious."

Jason came to a horde banging on a door, while he heard an argument inside. He dashed toward the horde and backed away at the last minute, allowing the horde chasing him to collide heavily with the one at the door. While they were disorientated, Jason unsheathed his massive machete and set upon them. As he slit the last ones throat, he knocked on the door. @RacingTheSunrise @Unknowledge

"Corrie, I'm fucking serious. If you don't get out of here, we'll...all...die?" Ford trailed off as he realized the noise had died down, and most importantly the pushing had stopped. "Did...Did they leave?" He jumped at the sudden knocking and aimed his gun at the door. "...Someone's here..."

Jason sheathed his machete and tried to wipe as much blood as he could off of him. "Open up, they're gone" he scratched in a voice not used in a long time.

Corrie looked sharply up, a look of confusion flitting across her face. Her mind quickly ran through the list of possibilities, reasons why a person would save them from manglers only to kill them themselves. After a few moments of deep thought, she couldn't find one other than supplies- but even that would be illogical, as supplies could be collected after the manglers had eaten them and gone. Taking a deep breath, she looked over at Ford. "Keep that aimed on the door," she said, more for her own peace of mind than as an actual order, and started to move the couch away from the door.

{Wait is Jason seven? Did I read that right?}

Status
Not open for further replies.