The Aire Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You can sleep then, I'm rested so i can keep watch." He said as he started to walk out of the room.

"We need to make a mad dash back to the house. This one won't hold up to the Manglers." He looked at Corrie. "Would you go get that guy?" He then crept to the door and peeked outside, seeing the Manglers still far back from where they came. "You've got to be kidding me..."

Corrie sighed, nodding quickly. Without hesitation she made her way towards the corner the boy was in, and knelt down in front of him as if addressing a child. "Hey," she looked at him intently with wide blue eyes. "We have to go. Now. Can you handle a sprint to a nearby house?"

Spirit looked up to the girl with hazel eyes just as wide as he nodded slowly; it was either he ran or he'd be alone again. There was no doubt he chose running. "I-I can try," he softly muttered as he struggled slightly to stand on his feet; his knees were buckling pretty hard.

Alex hesitated for a moment, wondering if he was making the right decision, trusting this stranger. He sighed, shrugging it off, before curling up and closing his eyes. "Uhm... Could you possibly... Stay here..?" He called quietly after the other, feeling slightly safer if he was here, before falling into a light sleep.

Jason remained in the room and instead looked out the window to see if anything was going on outside. He then got hungry and started eating crackers.

Corrie nodded quickly, moving forward to where Ford was standing by the door. "Hes good. Maybe." She said quietly and glanced back to the boy with a soft smile before returning her gaze to Ford. "How much of a chance do we have here?" She asked him, chewing lightly on her bottom lip out of habit.

"We actually have a big chance. But we can't be seen. If we are, they'll barrel towards us at high speed." He looked between the to and said, "Wanna take that chance? I'm down for it." He lookedd back at the Manglers

Corrie shrugged. "Only chance we've got," she replied, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "I say we run for it." Her fingers were twitching with the need to move by now and she bounced from foot to foot restlessly.

New York; One year ago.

"What is that?"
"It's a swan."
Jessi laughed. It was the first genuine sound of happiness Vange had heard from her sister in a long while.
"Why does it look like a half-baked cookie, then?"
"Because it's unfinished. The other wing is for you to complete." Vange paused. "When you get better."
Jessi's smile faded a little, and she drew her blanket more tightly across chest.
"I w-won't."

"You will. I talked to the doctors today. They told me you've gotten better since they put you on the new meds." Vange said, running a gentle hand along her sister's hair. A few tufts of auburn stuck to her fingers as she withdrew them.
"Evangeline?" Jessi spoke, her voice softer than Vange had ever heard it be.
"Yes, darling."
"Don't lie to me. I'm dying."

New York; Present Time.

Vange clutched the wheel of the APC, trying to decide whether or not she should drive it into the main streets. She knew there would be manglers, and the cons far outweighed her chance of survival. She turned off the engine, and grimaced when it died with a loud whir.
"Great. So much for trying to stay quiet."
She scooted over to the passenger seat and settled back, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. She had been driving the whole day, keeping to the back-alleys, and yet only made it as far as ten blocks from her previous rest point. Being careful and unnoticeable was always helpful (which wasn't so easy with the APC).
She dug around in the glove compartment for the half-eaten snickers bar, and tore off the wrapper. She realized as she took the first bite that she was running out of food. There didn't seem to be a store or a pharmacy in the locality, so she figured she'd retire for the night and go scouting for supplies the next morning.
After double checking the doors and the hood, she crawled into the backseat and went to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex slept for a few hours, tossing and turning quite a few tumes thriughout. He finally woke up, sitting up quickly, a little too quickly, so he ended up rolling onto the floor with a dull thud. "Ow..." He murmured tiredly, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Jason jumped up at the thud. "What the?" He muttered as he looked back at the other male. "I see you're awake." He held out the packet of crackers. "You hungry?"

He nonodde, reaching out to take one of the crackers and eating it hungrily. "thanks" He murmured, scratching the back of his head lightly before struggling to his feet.

Jason stood up and stretched."So what now?" He asked the other male. "Do we just stay here for a while longer, or should we get going?"

"Alright...Go!" He ran out the door and made a beeline for the building. He hoped that they were right on his heels. "Don't let them see us..."

"Might as well just get going.." He replied, shrugging. Alex patted his pockets quickly, checking that he had everything, before looking to the other male, ready to leave.

Jason opened the bedroom door, and walked downstairs to the front door."You can go first." He said as he waited beside the door for the other male.

Corrie followed, hot on Ford's heals. She wondered idly when he had become the one to make decisions, but quickly put the thought out of her mind. She was always going a bit overboard with the control thing and besides, they were working towards the common goal of survival.

"Great, thanks" Alex murmured, before walking out the door, looking around quickly, scanning the area for any manglers, walking out more and waiting for the other, his hand hovering over his pocket the whole time, ready to grab his knife if needed.

Jason walked out, and looked around."Area's clear from the look of it." He said as he began to walk through the road."Where should we go?"

Status
Not open for further replies.