The AI Project (OOC/Sign ups) ONE OPENING

Do you think allowing additional characters per player is a good idea?

• Yes! Unlimited!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes! Up it to 4 (2 AI candidates max)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes! Up it to 3 (2 AI candidates max)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Nah, leave it as is

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Only if we can't get enough AI candidates

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • You should select certain people to be able to have multiple characters (based on activity)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other (I have started my opinion below)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rainjay

(if anyone has checked out TIA: Vampire Virus, you might notice this character will borrow heavily from that role play. However, she is changed to fit to this universe and is not as troubled)

Name: Corbin A. Durazo
Home planet: It's Saturn's moon, Titan. After terraforming, Titan has a high nitrogen and oxygen atmosphere. This makes the planet extremely humid and often cold. Human inhabitants are often more resistant to Hypothermia but less resistant to overheating (Evolution is a bitch)
Home system: Sol
Occupation: Soldier, Special Forces. Lots of dirty operations that might get her killed if she speaks about them, but not by her government, but by the people instead. Due to her nature of keeping secrets and getting her job done, she may be a good candidate for training, advising or fighting alongside the AI science projects.
Appearance (image):
Click here
Appearance (description): She is 5'5 and weighs roughly a hundred and ten pounds and is very lean. She has the body of a sprinter and the arm strength of a lightweight female boxer.
Distinguishing features: Arms are littered in Tribal Barb tattoos, her back has tribal dragon wings along her shoulder blades.
Personality: Hard headed Smart Ass. Charismatic and sports leadership qualities. Often accommodating, but also can get extremely hateful when feeling pressured or instigated. Prone to swearing. Fuck with her dog, and you're dead, though...good side or bad, her dog is her only friend.
Talents/Skills: Killing and keeping a cool head in adrenaline rush situations.
History: At age seventeen she lost her family to a guerrilla group on Titan. She joined the military, taking up special forces by her traits and merit in the field. She, along with around two hundred special forces soldiers, dug their hands into the mud. They killed all the guerrillas, mounted their heads on sticks (literally) and blamed it on another guerrilla group. When the task was discovered, any that didn't shield their record died. She is one of the fifty legendary "ghosts", the ones that lived to tell how the missions happened and how her friends and family died because of a whistle blower. She holds disdain towards the AI project, seeing them as just science experiments that will yield useless results. She would prefer better weaponry or combat armor or even some kind of miracle drug to conquer diseases.
Weapon: AR3 Combat Rifle
This rifle fires a 7.62x54 magnetic round that is an steel-Tungsten alloy. This allows the bullet to be magnetically accelerated and survive the high temperatures and still providing amazing tumble for devastating affect. While it is a projectile weapon, the bullets aren't lead- they are steel. These bullets shred armor, flesh and can get decent metal penetration. It boasts a 750 rate of fire and holds 32 bullets in a magazine (33 bullets with one in the chamber).
She has a combat pooch also. Except unlike everyone else's combat dogs, it isn't an ancestor of a German Shepard. Her breed of dog is a Czech Wolf-Hound. Utilizing the appearance of a wolf to terrify opposition and the intelligence or a German Shepard, the Czech Wolf-Hound can be taught incredible feats of training, including the knowledge of weak points on combatants and how to signal when wounded. Corbin's dog is a male CWH named Kurt. Kurt sports darker fur than most CWH, and is fairly muscular. For extra protection, he wears a canine protection vest that can hold magazines for Corbin and other soldiers. His teeth are also very sharp, and he doesn't like anyone getting rough with Corbin or shooting at a human. Corbin has used Kurt for several engagements and he has been shot before- if you think that was bad, you should've seen the guy that shot him. Corbin and Kurt participated in beating him to death with her rifle while Kurt gnawed on his neck.

Note: If it's green/underlined or both, or, it says "click here", it's a hyperlink to an image.
I'll read it over in a minute. I'm writing up the IC so it might take a minute.

@Rainjay

(if anyone has checked out TIA: Vampire Virus, you might notice this character will borrow heavily from that role play. However, she is changed to fit to this universe and is not as troubled)

Name: Corbin A. Durazo
Home planet: It's Saturn's moon, Titan. After terraforming, Titan has a high nitrogen and oxygen atmosphere. This makes the planet extremely humid and often cold. Human inhabitants are often more resistant to Hypothermia but less resistant to overheating (Evolution is a bitch)
Home system: Sol
Occupation: Soldier, Special Forces. Lots of dirty operations that might get her killed if she speaks about them, but not by her government, but by the people instead. Due to her nature of keeping secrets and getting her job done, she may be a good candidate for training, advising or fighting alongside the AI science projects.
Appearance (image):
Click here
Appearance (description): She is 5'5 and weighs roughly a hundred and ten pounds and is very lean. She has the body of a sprinter and the arm strength of a lightweight female boxer.
Distinguishing features: Arms are littered in Tribal Barb tattoos, her back has tribal dragon wings along her shoulder blades.
Personality: Hard headed Smart Ass. Charismatic and sports leadership qualities. Often accommodating, but also can get extremely hateful when feeling pressured or instigated. Prone to swearing. Fuck with her dog, and you're dead, though...good side or bad, her dog is her only friend.
Talents/Skills: Killing and keeping a cool head in adrenaline rush situations.
History: At age seventeen she lost her family to a guerrilla group on Titan. She joined the military, taking up special forces by her traits and merit in the field. She, along with around two hundred special forces soldiers, dug their hands into the mud. They killed all the guerrillas, mounted their heads on sticks (literally) and blamed it on another guerrilla group. When the task was discovered, any that didn't shield their record died. She is one of the fifty legendary "ghosts", the ones that lived to tell how the missions happened and how her friends and family died because of a whistle blower. She holds disdain towards the AI project, seeing them as just science experiments that will yield useless results. She would prefer better weaponry or combat armor or even some kind of miracle drug to conquer diseases.
Weapon: AR3 Combat Rifle
This rifle fires a 7.62x54 magnetic round that is an steel-Tungsten alloy. This allows the bullet to be magnetically accelerated and survive the high temperatures and still providing amazing tumble for devastating affect. While it is a projectile weapon, the bullets aren't lead- they are steel. These bullets shred armor, flesh and can get decent metal penetration. It boasts a 750 rate of fire and holds 32 bullets in a magazine (33 bullets with one in the chamber).
She has a combat pooch also. Except unlike everyone else's combat dogs, it isn't an ancestor of a German Shepard. Her breed of dog is a Czech Wolf-Hound. Utilizing the appearance of a wolf to terrify opposition and the intelligence or a German Shepard, the Czech Wolf-Hound can be taught incredible feats of training, including the knowledge of weak points on combatants and how to signal when wounded. Corbin's dog is a male CWH named Kurt. Kurt sports darker fur than most CWH, and is fairly muscular. For extra protection, he wears a canine protection vest that can hold magazines for Corbin and other soldiers. His teeth are also very sharp, and he doesn't like anyone getting rough with Corbin or shooting at a human. Corbin has used Kurt for several engagements and he has been shot before- if you think that was bad, you should've seen the guy that shot him. Corbin and Kurt participated in beating him to death with her rifle while Kurt gnawed on his neck.

Note: If it's green/underlined or both, or, it says "click here", it's a hyperlink to an image.
Acccepted!

I was looking at that roleplay but decided I have a bit too much going for me to join another one. Looked cool though ^^

@Rainjay it was a pain in the ass to set up and I utilized someone's plot generator to help with the base and made alien races and mission plots and things. Though the whole deal with the virus and weapons and story of mission plots and such was all my doing and that was the hard part :(

@Rainjay it was a pain in the ass to set up and I utilized someone's plot generator to help with the base and made alien races and mission plots and things. Though the whole deal with the virus and weapons and story of mission plots and such was all my doing and that was the hard part :(
Scifi worldbuilding is so hard. I have respect for anybody who can get through it xD I meant to do so much more worldbuilding for this roleplay but at one point it was just like "whyyyyyy"

Reactions: Maddeline
It definitely can be a real pain. I've got my own disjointed and partially-finished mess for a scifi/cyberpunk setting I'll likely never use. It'd be at least a little easier if I weren't bad at naming things and thus have placeholder names everywhere.

Nicholas Wilkinson

Home Planet: New Melbourne

System: New Melbourne
  • New Melbourne, named after the old religious city Melbourne on Venus, was settled near the end of the 25th century in standard Earth years. In transit to their original destination, the system now long destroyed or lost, the ship containing the majority of the combat personnel was lost in the warpways. It was not until the end of the beginning of the 27th century was the colony discovered, and its society had completely changed. The two hundred years that had separated the colonists from the main fringes of humanity had caused it to develop a vastly different society pertaining to military prowess and honor. This was further benefited from the fact that New Melbourne was populated by a native species still mastering a crude form of gunpowder. Unable to win through technological prowess alone, the human faction was forced to enter a tense state of affairs akin to colonists arriving in North America nearly a thousand years previous. Slowly the border skirmishes and conflicts became all out war, much to the public distaste of the newer generations. The local species were destroyed, either directly or simply fell into decline; New Melbourne's records cannot say which. After the destruction of an entire species, a splinter faction of the humans adopted the slain race's for their own and fled civilized lands. Unwilling to kill their own, the original military faction let them be and as such they developed their own honor-based culture based on the previous one (or what they believed to be). Over the years, the factions merged into a seamless whole.
Occupation: There is no Earth-equivalent, save for a knight or a samurai.

Appearance: Wilkinson stands near around five foot, four inches, being rather short and compact comparatively to other humans. Years of regression into a more hunter-gatherer society with outdated technology had caused a minor change in stature among the local populace. Pale blue eyes sit beneath a shallow brow topped with black hair kept in a long braid in the back while retaining most of its form and volume. A scar runs along his lip, a testament to a hunt gone wrong. His left eye remains crippled beyond use from a duel of honor against a rival, one he won narrowly.

Distinguishing Features: His scars and compact form.

Personality: Nicholas is, in a word, pragmatic. His entire presence spells out one of calm and a perceptive mind, common among his people. His social class, 'Firstborn', refers to the bloodlines that originally accepted the native species' as their own, and so he retains a way of thinking that others may not agree with. He states things as they are, not as they should be or are wanted to be.

Talents/Skills: General athletics, hunting, firearms, and swordsmanship.

History: Nicholas was born to a noble family, both Firstborn as was their way. Being the second son in line, he was destined to become a warrior, not a noble in turn. As such, his entire life was dedicated to mastering every form of war; the blade, the firearm, and his own body all utilized and mastered. Neither was his schooling to be ignored, for the worst shame that could be is a warrior without the knowledge of the world they inhabit. Of course, being isolated for so long, most of what he learned would be only level with the average secondary school student on other worlds. Still, he was the peak of his culture. On the eve of his 28th name day, his household was personally disgraced, and so he fought and slew the offending party, not before letting his opponent mark him so that he might claim it to be a fair fight. A year later he was accepted into the project and left his home along with the first UPN-drafted military unit from New Melbourne to fight off in the war.

Reason Picked: When humanity first found New Melbourne, they were unwilling to rejoin the humanity that had 'let this happen to their ancestors so willingly.' Unwilling to see reason, New Melbourne culture remained distant from the human empire and might as well have been as alien as the Khaian. When the war broke out and the AI project started, the UPN offered Melbourne one hundred candidates to be placed for drawing into to the program, an offer only twelve in the entire galaxy would receive. Seeing that this was placing the people of New Melbourne on equal terms with the rest of humanity, they accepted the offer. Nicholas was selected out of luck, as only Firstborn were placed into the drawing.

Garnet

AI Personality: Garnet is unbelievably ambitious; he sees every project through to the end in some way or another. He is highly realistic and pragmatic, taking that approach to everything in his 'life'. Sometimes he is described as 'domineering' for his ambition, but his organization and efficient manner makes up for it. He isn't a very risky individual, preferring a quieter, dependable approach.

Appearance: Garnet's self-selected avatar was unique in that he did not choose to select a humanoid figure. He instead chose a brain, viewing that if he is to be intelligence, then so must he represent the absolute symbol of intelligence itself. His holographic representation is a spark of light dancing around in the crude outline of the human brain, while his interface is the image shown opposite.

AI Skills: Logical reasoning, biological structures and chemistry, understanding.

Last edited:
Check out the first page on Troopers In Armor: Vampire Virus (OOC version) and just look at my post. The pure amount of lore and info I had to put into that fucker is ridiculous. Though I had fun naming the colonies. With the humans and Vargoth it was either random or based on actual planets. With the Zerath, it was Indian tribes with missing or added letters (Ottowock=Ottawa, Senseca= Seneca) and for the Deetrit it was based on bug names (Bombanderov= Bombadeer Beetle)

It definitely can be a real pain. I've got my own disjointed and partially-finished mess for a scifi/cyberpunk setting I'll likely never use. It'd be at least a little easier if I weren't bad at naming things and thus have placeholder names everywhere.
Ugh god I know. I always have to stop my work until I find a name or a picture I like (which usually takes so long I take a break and forget about it). Which is why I had a friend help me come up with nearly every single name I used for this roleplay <.< I'd credit him but he doesn't use Iwaku. But I plan on writing a story that takes place pre-roleplay.. I'll credit him there xD

Check out the first page on Troopers In Armor: Vampire Virus (OOC version) and just look at my post. The pure amount of lore and info I had to put into that fucker is ridiculous. Though I had fun naming the colonies. With the humans and Vargoth it was either random or based on actual planets. With the Zerath, it was Indian tribes with missing or added letters (Ottowock=Ottawa, Senseca= Seneca) and for the Deetrit it was based on bug names (Bombanderov= Bombadeer Beetle)
But lore is the best part! xD personally I'm more prone to join a roleplay with love and dedication put into the lore. More lore, more work, the more I want to join. But some people just want quick jump in type roleplays. It's hard to get 'em started

Nicholas Wilkinson

Home Planet: New Melbourne

System: New Melbourne
  • New Melbourne, named after the old religious city Melbourne on Venus, was settled near the end of the 25th century in standard Earth years. In transit to their original destination, the system now long destroyed or lost, the ship containing the majority of the combat personnel was lost in the warpways. It was not until the end of the beginning of the 27th century was the colony discovered, and its society had completely changed. The two hundred years that had separated the colonists from the main fringes of humanity had caused it to develop a vastly different society pertaining to military prowess and honor. This was further benefited from the fact that New Melbourne was populated by a native species still mastering a crude form of gunpowder. Unable to win through technological prowess alone, the human faction was forced to enter a tense state of affairs akin to colonists arriving in North America nearly a thousand years previous. Slowly the border skirmishes and conflicts became all out war, much to the public distaste of the newer generations. The local species were destroyed, either directly or simply fell into decline; New Melbourne's records cannot say which. After the destruction of an entire species, a splinter faction of the humans adopted the slain race's for their own and fled civilized lands. Unwilling to kill their own, the original military faction let them be and as such they developed their own honor-based culture based on the previous one (or what they believed to be). Over the years, the factions merged into a seamless whole.
Occupation: There is no Earth-equivalent, save for a knight or a samurai.

Appearance: Wilkinson stands near around five foot, four inches, being rather short and compact comparatively to other humans. Years of regression into a more hunter-gatherer society with outdated technology had caused a minor change in stature among the local populace. Pale blue eyes sit beneath a shallow brow topped with black hair kept in a long braid in the back while retaining most of its form and volume. A scar runs along his lip, a testament to a hunt gone wrong. His left eye remains crippled beyond use from a duel of honor against a rival, one he won narrowly.

Distinguishing Features: His scars and compact form.

Personality: Nicholas is, in a word, pragmatic. His entire presence spells out one of calm and a perceptive mind, common among his people. His social class, 'Firstborn', refers to the bloodlines that originally accepted the native species' as their own, and so he retains a way of thinking that others may not agree with. He states things as they are, not as they should be or are wanted to be.

Talents/Skills: General athletics, hunting, firearms, and swordsmanship.

History: Nicholas was born to a noble family, both Firstborn as was their way. Being the second son in line, he was destined to become a warrior, not a noble in turn. As such, his entire life was dedicated to mastering every form of war; the blade, the firearm, and his own body all utilized and mastered. Neither was his schooling to be ignored, for the worst shame that could be is a warrior without the knowledge of the world they inhabit. Of course, being isolated for so long, most of what he learned would be only level with the average secondary school student on other worlds. Still, he was the peak of his culture. On the eve of his 28th name day, his household was personally disgraced, and so he fought and slew the offending party, not before letting his opponent mark him so that he might claim it to be a fair fight. A year later he was accepted into the project and left his home along with the first UPN-drafted military unit from New Melbourne to fight off in the war.

Reason Picked: When humanity first found New Melbourne, they were unwilling to rejoin the humanity that had 'let this happen to their ancestors so willingly.' Unwilling to see reason, New Melbourne culture remained distant from the human empire and might as well have been as alien as the Khaian. When the war broke out and the AI project started, the UPN offered Melbourne one hundred candidates to be placed for drawing into to the program, an offer only twelve in the entire galaxy would receive. Seeing that this was placing the people of New Melbourne on equal terms with the rest of humanity, they accepted the offer. Nicholas was selected out of luck, as only Firstborn were placed into the drawing.

Garnet

AI Personality: Garnet is unbelievably ambitious; he sees every project through to the end in some way or another. He is highly realistic and pragmatic, taking that approach to everything in his 'life'. Sometimes he is described as 'domineering' for his ambition, but his organization and efficient manner makes up for it. He isn't a very risky individual, preferring a quieter, dependable approach.

Appearance: Garnet's self-selected avatar was unique in that he did not choose to select a humanoid figure. He instead chose a brain, viewing that if he is to be intelligence, then so must he represent the absolute symbol of intelligence itself. His holographic representation is a spark of light dancing around in the crude outline of the human brain, while his interface is the image shown opposite.

AI Skills: Logical reasoning, biological structures and chemistry, understanding.
I'll finish reading it later but it probably won't be accepted until we're sure nobody else is going to join and claim an AI, as stated. But so far, IC is good.

The IC is up! AI candidates may post their intro posts (receiving a message of entry, or your ship ride, etc. But please do avoid the orientation. The scientists will be explaining the full project then :P) and other characters may post intro posts of their own (of course, they won't directly be involved yet, so perhaps some side plottage will be of need).

I was gonna allow people to take on a second AI candidate at the end of today but since there was a very long update I'll be prolonging that until tomorrow.

Also, only people who post and show that they're going to be active and be able to play both characters will be allowed a second AI candidate.

That means you can't just claim one without posting on the IC and it will be removed if inactivity pursues (although if you're inactive enough you'd just be kicked anyway, as with any roleplay).

We also have 6 slots open for candidates total (and 175maddie's may/may not be released tomorrow if she doesn't get a CS up).

I was gonna allow people to take on a second AI candidate at the end of today but since there was a very long update I'll be prolonging that until tomorrow.

Also, only people who post and show that they're going to be active and be able to play both characters will be allowed a second AI candidate.

That means you can't just claim one without posting on the IC and it will be removed if inactivity pursues (although if you're inactive enough you'd just be kicked anyway, as with any roleplay).

We also have 6 slots open for candidates total (and 175maddie's may/may not be released tomorrow if she doesn't get a CS up).
I was about to ask whether you'd prefer me to create my other AI candidate first and then have both share the same IC post or just get into the IC as soon as possible, but it looks like that question has just been answered for me. I'll prioritize Elric's intro. I do warn that it might be another day or two before I have the time to finish it (visiting family and friends this weekend).

I was about to ask whether you'd prefer me to create my other AI candidate first and then have both share the same IC post or just get into the IC as soon as possible, but it looks like that question has just been answered for me. I'll prioritize Elric's intro. I do warn that it might be another day or two before I have the time to finish it (visiting family and friends this weekend).
That's alright. Sorry, I just need to make sure people are going to stick with the roleplay. Even if you can't get a post up tomorrow, I'm sure there will still be the AI the next day.

Ugh, where is everyone >_<

I'm dying for character interaction

Sorry for the lateness on my character sheet. I hope it doesn't seem too crappy. *sighs and puts my head into my hands.*

http://jp1.r0tt.com/l_f730d900-9d53-11e1-b972-890397a00001.jpg
Name: Reecila Gerardia Evanica

Home planet: Earth

Home system: Solar system

Occupation: A college student studying to be a psychiatrist and neurologist
Your characters occupation. Feel free to include some history with the occupation
Reecila has always want to help understand others' problems. She has been a huge help to her parents of curing mental illnesses and diseases, before her adolescent years.

Appearance (image):
Drew-Stevens.jpg

http://onereaderswonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Drew-Stevens.jpg

Appearance (description): She is a petite extremely curvy girl that stands at 5'2" and is 145 lbs. She has long brown hair that goes down to her hips. She loves to wear clothes with hoods to help stay warm and hidden. She always prefers sneakers to any type of shoe to always be ready for adventure.

Distinguishing features: A birthmark coloured in as a tattoo of the pisces zodiac sign of two fish. One is lavender and other is sea green coloured.

Personality: Reecila is extremely introverted, but can become chatty at the most unlikely moments. Reecila is a perfectionist and if she makes a mistake she will blame herself, before others. From her jokes, her mind set lingers to acting like a complete tomboy. When she usually gets upset, her anger issues lead from her male counterpart, which she either destroys them or the cause of her anger, until she is calmed down. When she is sad, she usually is very negative, until pushed rarely positive.

Talents/Skills: Natural born hunter, taught herself piano, and natural psychological senses like feeling others moods/auras,while being a complete archetype. Her photographic memory helps in dangerous and life challenging problems.

History:
Reecila grew up with both her parents as biologists at her local university. Reecila was usually alone and ended up observing and learning from others from the hallways of the university. Reecila spent time in the music room and acquired the skill of being able to teach herself piano. Reecila grew up as a quiet, shy, and intelligent girl. When Reecila wasn't at the university, she would explore the forest. Her adventures from the forest usually consisted of her imagination of alien lifeforms. From these adventures, she realizes her knowledge of being in the wild and in war.

Reason Picked: Reecila was picked from her university's applications. Her social skills a bit dusty, but her mental skills unbelievably off the charts.

AI name: Pisce

AI personality: Pisce is a determined male always with a goal in mind. Pisce has many characteristics from his cloned human counterpart, Reginald Leitz. Pisces is filled with unexpected information and he usually states it at the most unreasonable moments. With his unreasonable outbursts, his jokes end up doing more harm than good by turning into unexpected insults. Even though his original gender is female, his male qualities equal her female hostess's.

AI appearance (image):

l_f730d900-9d53-11e1-b972-890397a00001.jpg

(Dismiss the side burns, mustache, and beard.)

source
AI appearance (description): Pisces has short, thick hair with sea green, blue greenish, and teal hues. His facial features have become even more gentle and delicate. He usually wears a sea green tuxedo. On missions he wears a sea green military uniform with his hair slicked back out of the way.

AI skills: Selfless need to help, brief medical knowledge in Biology, basic war and fighting skills

Last edited by a moderator:
I love having the character sheets on here as examples. They really helped me out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.