The Age of Heroes (OOC and Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries Talentless. Still waiting for loads of people.

If there are two groups I'll probably split you guys up based on your civilian professions and how well they deal with the first missions. I'll also be adding in extra missions so I can split you up more, and making the joint missions harder : 3

Insomnant there are there are some minor lore errors in your bio however they can all be passed off on your char's village's ignorance about things so they're fine to remain in.
You could always let me know what I messed up and I could fix it. :O Like, if Lumens don't accept money to do a task then perhaps they were trying to save up gold to bribe an official to have a Seraphim dispatched to save their town, for instance.

It's up to you. Lumens do not accept money for missions. They are strictly controlled by the Sol Church in terms of what they can and cannot do and killing a few Dreadwood trees would not be worth the risk of sending them all the way to Mercen. Also there are still fire chapels battling the Dreadwood. They are just weaker and can't do as much to halt the advance, most of them are in Permi. So sending a chalice all the way to a small village in Mercen isn't worth the time or the risk. You could have them trying to bribe the priests to do just that though, which would work well.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Waiting on you guys now! Since we appear to have ten people interested I am considering splitting you up into two groups of five, provided everyone is accepted.
By the way, I feel I should point out as a fellow gamemaster, not everyone who weighed in on the interest check thread or even those who chimed in on this thread saying they want to join will actually wind up making a character sheet. In fact, many will not. I've seen it plenty of times.

Yeah I know. I generally leave the OOC up for a week and then get working on the IC with everyone who has got their sheet done. We won't be waiting forever haha.

I strained myself during exercise.
As such, expect something Thursday.

If there's one group you'll get to choose the order you do the Vannar and Dreadwood missions.
If there's two groups one will get the Dreadwood mission, the other will get the Bandit mission and they'll join up to do a ramped up Vannar mission afterwards >:)

I would actually be really interested in this if your still accepting people

IMG_1862.JPG

Name:
Emherith Rivia (or Em for short)

Appearance:
Em stands to be 5'10 with a medium build, broad shoulders, dark brown long hair, and light hazel brown eyes.

Personality:
Despite his appearance, Em is a jokester. It doesn't matter what type of situation he's in, he is almost always cracking some kind of pun even in the eyes of death, he has to go out with the last laugh, and lets not forget the Could care less attitude he might have (except for a few topics he's passionate about). That doesn't mean he has no serious side, no. Comedy is a way to keep a cool head even in the midst of agony, it's what keeps him sane in dire situations. He can bee seen either napping, or working on the farm. Sleep is one of his favorite past times.

Strengths:

Strength and endurance: Besides being young, Em has built up strength and endurance from working on the farm with his father since the age of 7

Basic sword skills: his dad knew swordplay and taught Em the basics.

Cool headed: He can keep calm and it takes a bit to break his calm.

Weaknesses:

Hates serephims.

Has no formal manners, and would be seen as a pig in the eyes of a noble.

Has a soft spot for children.

Fears:

Dragons: just because he hasn't seen one, doesn't mean he ain't afraid of them.

Losing his own sanity to the evil forces: he's heard stories of people going mad because of the atrocities they have witness, he doesn't want to share the same fate.

History:
Em has lived on the farm for as long as he could have remembered, living in a small village with only his father, his mom dying while giving birth. This didn't bother Em much as he grew up, and learned how to deal with it even in his later ages. His father did a good enough job raising him into this corrupted world. Em's days consisted of gathering and tending to the crops and livestock his dad owned, and making trades with the locals to stay afloat while paying for their finances. On his off time his dad would practice with him in swordplay, teaching him the basics, his father used to be a mercenary before he settled down and worked on a farm with his mother before she passed.

Life soon went downhill around the age of 18 for Emherith, it was his birthday, this was the day that his father had given him a sword of his own, his father saw this as his boy becoming a man. This was also the time where his village was attacked by a bandit raid. I'll keep it short to save you from the gore, but him and his father alongside with some of the village folk who were brave enough to warn them on fought back, and luckily pushed them back while gaining heavy casualties, that being his father…

He didn't mourn over his father for very long, and eventually was kicked out of his own home and put on the streets where he ended up working for a blacksmith who knew his father, he didn't learn anything new, but he did take up in selling goods that were from the blacksmith, dealing with finances and the sorts. Eventually at the age of 19, Em got word of the king wanted people to help fight off the forces that opposed him, with the money he had saved up, he asked the blacksmith to make him a set of armor that was going to last for him, and once it was made, he left with regards from man. It was the first time he had stepped foot out of his village.

Weapons and Armour:

Glorified soldier armor: (as seen in the picture) with leather for flexibility. Leather guards with metal plating underneath for protection on his forearms. A plated chest piece and a metal neck guard for protection in case of decapitation. The is well suited for heavy abuse, but is still comfortable enough to take a nap in, fits his fancy.

Heavy Broadsword: The blade his father gave him, its a heavy hitter so beware. With leather a leather grip for easy handling.

Misc relevant Equipment:
Blade sharpening kit, and a repair kit for his armor and blade.

Trivia:
Em despises the Serephim, seeing them as a nuisance, they haven't been much help to the war against the dark forces and he feels that if anything is to get done, then ordinary people can start forming together and get the job done with enough effort rather than relying on the angelic like people.

Reactions: Insomnant
We needed a heavy guy so i delivered lol

Reactions: a touch of dread
Oooh snaps you saw what I said!
I deleted it cuz I think I saw another frontliner.
But yes, you go sir! A friend and I were just discussing how we had mostly range, and then wallah! It's like you read our minds.
:3 I like erryone's so far, so not to speak lesser of anyone!

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Hey~hey err'body^^

I am soooooo sorry I haven't been around kay? Like I been up and down, working extra shifts and meeting new girls and stuff. Sooooooo... like the Boo Girlie still here if ya still wants me kay, @DoughGuy ? But tonight imma party to just let it go, let it go! Kay? THen tomorrow ill submit my appie. Sorry again kay? ツ

That's fine Boo Girlie. Everyone ha about 24 hours to finish their CS as thats when I will start writing the IC. But I'm generally lenient and will wait until I post the IC to close sign ups. Talentless I will get to reading your CS soon. Still need a bit more time to fully awaken.

Nevermind. Ive taken on too much and gonna drop then. But good luck with RP err'body^^

Thaycin

Boo2 (2).jpg

Personality:
A woman who didn't have much to begin with, she grew up in a place where others had just as little, or less. Thaycin had always been pulled towards protecting the younger ones around her, as if putting her wishes for a better life on them. Still, just as simply, when she came of age, she left without looking back. This is how all who had come of age before her had done, they left the place they were forced to grow up in without ever returning. This is how she thought true conduct was.

A little life experience taught her what warmth was, and this was how she learned that, somewhere in her depths, there was a cruelness that brewed. She learned that there was want beyond that which sustained life, she learned she could want those things. She learned loss, and a grief that did not compare to hunger or cold.

Still, the man who'd come to be her master was more than just a man who taught her the profession. He was something to her that she didn't have a word for. Even with what he'd lost, how was it he didn't not grow cold or cruel? And how was it around him, she felt the world was not made of stone and chill?

Many things Thaycin learned, and though older, there are many things she can still learn. A mix of mother's instinct and a snake's venomous sting, though it does not outwardly show, inside she struggles between these opposing sides.

Strengths: Upper body strength, memory, observation, instinct, self-awareness, mothering.
Weaknesses: Predatory, grudge-keeping, cruel when provoked, nihilistic-ish beliefs (at worst), observe-why-act (at worst).
Fears: That which she fears has already happened.

History:
You start off joining the army. Because that's where people like you end up anyway. Until they find out you can read. Write a little, even. A little skill you picked up, for necessity's sake. Your commanding officer, though, finds it something more than a neat trick. When you begin to work under the Historian, you find no qualms with it. His son, and you, work hard under him. Work well together, two personalities that intertwine. You begin to feel as you never thought you could for the ailing, thin man. You forget reason and accept his hand in marriage. Then when you grieve for his death, was it not your own folly that lead you here? Tying oneself to a dying man.

With your teacher too old, and his son too dead, you are now the new Historian.

Thaycin has long since now been the King's Historian. She follows the word of her profession to the very letter, though her teacher did not teach her in such a strict manner. Her strict following comes from her own personality. She makes time to visit her old master, and these times are when her heart softens, and she takes his words to heart. Though the man insists she find more than just her position and work as Historian, the longer she works, following the tasks given to her, his words fade, his warmth becomes a memory, and she forgets that she is a person under the title that has established her place in life. That there is more to life itself.

Weapons and Armor: A small pen-knife, easy to conceal, for defense of self.
Equipment: Book of Records, Event Log, Pens and Ink.

Trivia: She's always had a physical disposition to deceptively strong arms.

Skype: NEVER. Not like you... already have this... or anything... >w> <w<

• Love
Reactions: AiDee
Status
Not open for further replies.