The adventures of Iamora and Rune

Ashlotte started toward town, having dismissed herself with a nod to the group. Kiruku's gaze followed her until there was nothing left to view, and then she announnced her thoughts to Renske and Rune. "The sugar was simply a bad attempt at assassination, but the mentioning of your mother's name is quite peculiar. I'm not certain you'd wish to exhume the memories dead and buried, but something you recall could be of vital importance to the matter. We don't need to become the targets of whomever is working for her. What is she after, I wonder? What message could she have for you, if any at all? I will protect you, Renske. I shall not faulter, for it is not your time." She spoke nothing of Rune, only blinked a few times in his direction.

"In my care you shall be unscathed." Her thoughts were set briefly upon her friend. Could Ashlotte weave through the townfolks without drawing the attention of others that seemed to have ill intentions toward the demon? Or would she become kidnapped or killed, without so much as a batting of eyes from the community? The Elf was rather unsettled, but kept composure. What could happen to Renske? Perhaps she would also become a casualty of whatever war was raged upon him if not in the company of the death knell.

Watching the honey brown hair woman leave with little words towards the town, it would only be when Kiruku spoke again that broke his watch. "The hell if I know why he is bringing her up. It isn't like I go around like a bard singing my history before anyone." brows knitted as he looked downwards, dwelling and thinking before the lapse of a sigh started his sentence; "I don't know much, I had little contact with her as a kid." hands lifted to wiggle; "The whole torturing for god knows how many years puts a damper on that. It was only the past four years I've had much contact with the demon woman." He shrugged; "If she needs a message sent out, she usually sends Tiron - her husband."

Renske giggled lightly feeling like she was some prized gem;
"I'd hope not to have my time come again my dear sweet lady;" she smiled gently, "It wasn't that fun the first time."

"Oh I feel safe now." he mocked as Kiruku blinked at him; "Don't worry peaches, I don't need death's soul suckers protecting me." he continued turning to follow Ashlotte's footsteps back towards the town, thumbs looping through a belt he wore.

"He is shrewd is he not?" Renkse tumbled a light laugh; glittering eyes watching Kiruku compassionately before she take a starting step forward; "Best not let Lady Ashlotte get too far ahead, wouldn't want anything terrible to befall her sweetness. Though I doubt her mother would allow anything." she opened a hand towards Kiruku; "What is resting so heavily upon your mind my lovely dear?"

Lifting his chin to look upon the streets as he got closer, his gaze was actually scanning for that of Ashlotte. He may not have given too much care for her, but he did hold a bit of honor in his chest. No one was about to be killed because of around in company of him, and it even came to reflect on that of the empath as well.

A rain of arrows would descend upon the remaining troupe, a blackened, triangular tip whizzing just before her left eye. She whirled about, catching Renske in the process, shifting her body so that the fetching female would have a softer fall whilst the Elf's back collided with the dirt. She brought the bottom of her black cloak upwards, the fabric imbued with the magicks to deflect a projectile attack housing them in safety. "Rune!" She shouted his name, a ping of worry causing her other hand to reach out for him as if it could actually do anything. \

Ravenwitch merely looked to the potentially fatal volley and there would be the sound of crackling wood and tongues of fire lapping at the air. She suddenly disappeared in a burst of darkness before them, and started the hunt for the attackers. "I...shall...not...fail..you.." Kiruku managed to say upon being pelted with the ones that had been fired after the piceous portal claimed the body of Hell itself. She searched in a frenzied manner for Rune, her emerald gaze darting from the wide open landscape to whatever crevasse that would allow his body to hide.

It would appear that she had little time to converse with the newest addition to the quarrel of attacks; being swept around as if she were some ragdoll, Renske could only find herself lost in the abyss of confusion. Once standing poised and elegant against the dirt and moss of the ground, only to be twirled about so that her back was now pressed down and her eyes torn skywards.

Giving her head a firm shake; Renske was rather intrigued by the cloak of Kiruku for a tittling moment till the vision of Ravenwitch took off in search of a fight that seemed to be one sided for the moment.
Whipping about with his name being called out, lips found the string of obscene curses, the soles of his boots dug into the dirt for a fleeting moment allowing himself to gather up into a full run back to the other two who should have known better than to doddle. He had his fill of the evening and the continual attacks, letting the feral tear within his body give way to the bestial call that rose up into his gullet.

Body and mind tore asunder, straining, twisting and contorting into powerful blossoming shapes removing the look of a man into that of a full fledged beast. Mimicking that very image that was his demon heritage, a look similar to his own mother- once mortal hands became that of a canine pad, drumming hard along the ground allowing the hind legs of the dog hellion creature to spring up and forward, lunging hard over top that of Renske and Kiruku without a second thought. Weight pounding to the earth never slowing as he seemed to follow the same idea as that of Ravenwitch; looking for a fight in the demonic form of a beast rather than that of a man.

Blinking as she looked up to Kiruku; a faint pink blush fell to her cheeks causing the former shrine maiden making her side glance away shyly;
"You can let go now my dear."

"Must I be torn away from the -one- drink of mortals that I don't actually abhor?"Iamora's gaze fell lazily upon the brandy, and the glass began to crack apart. She soon left like her mother, in wisps of sulphor and smoke only to manifest near the two females. "Sloth!"Her assulted the heavens, causing the very house of the Gods to become corrupted with flashes of lightning and impreganted clouds loosened torrents of blood upon the world below. A few moments after, the world had ceased. She spared the group she considered herself to be a part of, but she was certain that her voice would become an entity of its own, her amplified power lulling the attackers into an eternal somnolence.

She grabbed Kiruku, raising her to her feet."Seems like much hostility toward the demon." Her wicked laughter erupting as she reached for the other female. "I hope you can trust that this wasn't my doing. I was in the company of my love, Brandy. It is so smooth on my palette. Of all the mortal concoctions, they've got it right with that one."

Plopping down right on her rear -again- Renske rubbed her face before she crossed her arms under her breasts upon the arrival of Iamora, only to watch and gauge how she spoke to that of Kiruku. She was starting to see why Rune hated to be around people, it seemed to be a constant change of things and it left one feeling loopy.

Turning her nose up a little, Renske looked at the hand of Iamora wondering if it was one in -I'll help you up- or -I'm ready to rip your lungs out through your nose.

Looking the brilliantly abyssimal looking woman over, she shrugged as if Iamora was actually offering, would take her hand rising to her feet to dust off her rear with a cuffing hand.
"I wouldn't think this would be your doing Lady Iamora, if your reputation that precedes you is correct, this is hardly a scene worth your great presence." A bit of a smirk spread over her face listening to the witchy woman speak about the aged drink giving it a shrug. "Well with your timely appearance and that of your mother; I'd hope by now the onslaught of all these rude interruptions have come to a cease. At least for a time, I don't think my rear can handle anymore falling upon it."

Golden discs transverse the scenery of the landscape, mulling ideas over slender hands planting firm to her hips.
"Doubt he will be back anytime soon." she muttered giving her full concentration to the two beings that were here at the moment. "Lady Kiruku, how fares you? Still thinking all this is in association of Candie Cayne?

Iamora simply shrugged. She had no qualms with Renske, or Rune. She felt that Kiruku's woman friend would ultimately perish if she hadn't stepped in, having the prime opportunity to do so. "Perhaps it would come to a cessation, if the quiver runs dry." She envisioned Iris, knowing nothing about the woman to build a visage. She was but a hazy apparition which was painted upon her mind. "Could one of her -messengers- be the town stalker? It seems suspicious that the poisoning of liqueur had taken place in the same establishment he occupied, don't you think?"She directed the question more toward Renske.

"I think that the only reason Candie Cayne would become involved in the matter would be a theft of her elixers. They contain much power, and assassins far and wide envy her talents in producing such concoctions. Most likely he lotted her lab in a hurry, grabbed a bottle of mere sugar, and didn't notice. That's a trait of the male species. They never pay attention to detail...or ask for directions." Kiruku finished her prattling with a rolling of her eyes. "I shall all of mankind with a blackening of their souls." She seemed to be off in her own world, her mother's sneer upon her face.

Renske could only shrug to the wonderment of Iris and her messengers, she knew nothing of the woman that gave birth to Rune nor how his relationship was with her. Less to say about the woman`s means of getting a point across to her son. Though Kiruku made a valid point, it seemed highly peculiar that Rune happened to be in the bar with the poisoned booze and now this area. It was beginning to smell of fish.
"It seems like a high coincidence that he was there while this was all happening." She mused openly before a smile overtook her face with listening to Kiruku speak about men. Putting her hands behind her back as she leaned forward to that of the death kneel, Renske grinned; "Sounds like you have had a rough time with men my lady."

Though her smile was interrupted to turn back into a bleak frown when she listened to Iamora;
"I think a lot of mankind's souls are already blackened my Lady Iamora," it was how she seen it, there was already much sin committed without the help of Iamora or Ravenwitch around these lands. "Well how are we going to figure this all out?" she deemed it necessary to ask before looking about; "Has Lady Ashlotte not returned or is she not planning on it?"

"I honestly don't know about Ashlotte. Once she sets her mind on something, it's difficult to tear her away from it."Kiruku replied, thinking back to their own adventures."She is very stubborn. Will probably be the death of us, that girl."Iamora simply shrugged, her own mind conflicted with schemes and aiding the party. If someone wished for their destruction, she would no longer be in the company of those whom were considered worth her efforts at all. "Perhaps there are eyes everywhere. Do not be fooled, magicks are at work here. The very pebbles that decorate your path could very well be like spyglasses to one's inquiring gaze."She added, toying with a few strands of her black hair as if to feign innocence. "I know from experience."

The Deathsinger observed her surroundings with the sort of scrutiny a seamstress would upon ever thread of the garments she makes. Nothing really seemed out of the ordinary to her, but perhaps Iamora's words rang with truth. She wouldn't want any harm to befall Renske, but the female seemed safest in accompaniment to her travels. "Perhaps we could slip into town incognito, under the guises of new faces. The Bartender may open up to us if he feels he is not under duress, or perceiving the threat upon his own life. I agree with Iamora. There are eyes everywhere."

Gentle fingers caressed against the skin along the apples of her cheeks, considering carefully over the spoken words of Kiruku addressing that of Ashlotte. It seemed rather harsh to be saying about someone that you could possibly be considering a comrade but then again, she knew next to nothing of Ashlotte either. Perhaps she viewed the friendship of one to another as something else entirely? Slowly directing a look over her shoulder, she knew she viewed it differently though she spoke nothing of it. It was hard to believe but even with all the tremendous villious acts she had committed with the demon that seemed to have disappeared gleefully into the brush of the surrounding woodland; she knew it wouldn't be so easily to shrug off his own disappearance as Kiruku did with Ashlotte.

Perhaps that was still an living thriving essence of her once living body and emotions that still had tethered themselves to the rebirth she had encountered years ago.

"You make a valid point of course Lady Iamora," Tilting her chin upwards allowing her focus to return to that of the pair of strange beings- Renske knitted her fingers between each other; "I dare not think nor dwell on what is happening." she didn't buy for a moment Iamora's innocence, the woman reeked of death, and sin. "I'm sure you do."

Tapered ears flicked to her voice speaking about perhaps glamouring over their appearances; she could only agree. She had nothing else to go on nor any helpful little tid bits that could give a leading way through this all. Shaking her head to the side to free the stray strands from her face and lips, she nodded slowly.
"I will follow in your leads," she offered though she wasn't remotely sure how they would disguise themselves effectively.

"Duress.I don't think I could portray a less threatening demeanor."Iamora shot at Kiruku, whom seemed completely involved with Renske. "You cannot, I'm afraid. That's why Renske and I shall converse with him, and anyone else that seems to be harboring a secret. Your twist of tongue shall lead them wailing into the night, if they do not run from your appearance first." Iamora reached for her, her eyes glowing with the same rubious tint of the sightless ones her bear would view the world with. She refrained from placing the necrotic touch upon her, utilizing all the restraint she could muster.

As if to respond to the earlier comment Renske had directed to Kiruku, she added her two pence to the matter."She pitches for her own team."Spoken in a blithesome manner, a toothy grin upon her face as if her spite resided somewhere in it. Disregarding the words of Iamora, she searched the scene as if to be inspired of her surroundings. There was nothing she could put together from the foliage and flora, nature seemed to root against them.

"If we were able to enter town through some secret passage, we could probably obtain items that were salvaged from the Loot and Lute. Thieves roam the sewers since their establishment was obliterated, and would probably be eager to aid us just to receive a bit of spending coin. Now all we need to do is find a sewer."

Perhaps it would be more frightening to see Iamora portraying something other than the hellish creature she already was; personally thankful that she would not be. It may have seem strange but to think that this woman of hell and sinister creation to something else other what she was, left a chill on her flesh. She would nod to the idea of it all before she found herself paying acute attention to Iamora speaking on the behalf of Kiruku, only to purse her lips together thinking fully over what had been said.

She said nothing in contempt or otherwise to the suggestion that Kiruku was a woman who seen the delight in the same company, especially due to the fact that is was not the correct time to be bringing up such a thing; she would only begin to wrinkle her nose to the idea of sewers.
"Always the grungy way of getting the information required." she sighed before opening a palm; "I propose looking for an open well, they are usually fairly close to that of the foul sewers, as all the waste water and rain go into the aqueducts." fingers twiddled slightly to the idea.

"And the selling of strange items, that they have aquired by false means!" Iamora's features changed in such a way to reflect the delight she felt of knowing that one had stolen something, for it was a sin to do so. "I will be right behind you, Renske." The woman with orangey tresses added, a silent tongue toward Iamora's comments. "I don't think anything negative will come of it, other than a dreadful stink upon your flesh and clothes as a consequence of entering their territory.

Still, if they provoke an attack, they will be disposed of. Her mind had drifted then, reminiscing about events that lead them to their predicament. The sugary concoction which still coated a wide patch of soil, Rune's altercation with the 'messenger,' and the interactions between the people of the group itself. Kiruku being charmed by the wiles of Renske, and whatever was ensuing of Ashlotte. Rune's visage had complicated her thoughts further. "Men are slovenly, uncouth, and only seek to defile a woman's precious flower. After that, they move on to the next, and it becomes a pattern when the sons they sire follow in the footsteps of the fathers they idolize."

Of course the being of created sin would be intrigued by the mere idea that some bastard had stolen someone's elses good only to grin with a delight that she might have only seen on a child's face upon receiving a praising word. "I care to say having a dreadful stink on me is a negative effect." Renske pointed out not enjoying the mere idea of it in the least. She was nowhere vain but she was most certainly against the idea of frolicking with others waste, that was enough of a disgust for her and it was difficult not to think of the putrid odor without even being in it yet.

Moving along with a bit of an urging, Renske tucked her hands into her sleeves seeming to be mediating in a sense on all that had occurred. She hardly though any of this would ever happen then again, she was not in the business of premeditation of events. She never had the gift of insight of future settings, but perhaps at this moment it may have been a good thing.

Her mind was upon that of Ashlotte wondering if the woman was alright for wear, Rune and where he had really gone off in a run too and everything in between.

"Hmm?" Glimmering golden eyes peered through the cut of her hair to that of the fellow woman as lips moved to speak words causing Renske to lift a solitary brow; "Lady Kiruku; I must ask my curiosity to this matter is as bad as a woodpecker on the side of my head, tapping away. Why such a disdain for the male race?"

She knew for a fact that Rune had no idolization for that of his own father, rather it was a cold hearted hatred that rain as deep as the ocean. So it was a wonderment to what had befell that of this woman of yeildless wonder, to find out why she hated the men.

"I don't even think they possess a vein of dignity within them at all! And, if one were to bleed that vein, only a necrosis would seep out of that wound, to spread upon where ever it drips and infect others." The Elf stated hollowly, following the vehement twist of tongue a moment prior. "I've seen them, I've witnessed their destruction. Especially with the help of the Mead that fills their bellies, that burns through their veins. As a youth, I became contaminated of their vile sediment. My mother had been defiled, and others that perished as a result of the horrendous acts of men, I was there to part them from their fleshy forms."

Iamora didn't appear to give her a sympthetic ear, her shoulders moving in a shrugging gesture. "As they say in the future, shit happens." The death knell's footsteps came to cessation. "How could you say that? Could you just abandon the thoughts of these poor souls and-"Iamora's hand rose, and a loathsome chuckle was heard from her."I influenced most of it to occur. Sin shall become the undoing of this world, and my very presence shall stand amongst the battlefield of a terrible diatribe. This will cease mankind to exist and the trials given unto them by the Gods will be failed. More souls for my mother to devour." She then described what was to become, an Apocalyptic words of war, strife, and sin run rampant, the ensuing chaos of the ilk she detested.

She had a fair feeling in the pit of her belly that Kiruku had a firm disdain for them for a value reason momentarily compassion filling her eyes before it was only befouled by that of Iamora. Standing beside that of Kiruku as Iamora thrived in the bitter detestation of the mortal's only encouraging their despicable ways, she was unmoved either way. She understood both beings and yet she could not give consideration to either with a full heart.

"Can't say I agree with the idea of a world of demise nor can I say they should be saved." She shrugged, her eyes closing as she lolled her head back and forth. "But I can say in my favour, I still require a world to keep myself aloft here." she hummed momentarily before moving forward not giving more than that. "And what if you do not succeed Lady Iamora, do not doubt the gods. They have struck from the heavens with a hammer that has shattered the bones of the devil time and time again." Her gaze peered back to the pair, "Unless you are the fates, you cannot judge what will be the outcome. You may yet find a creature that will destroy that of you and yourself, forever unlocking the box of pandora sealing yourself inside again."

"Perhaps they very well could be victorious in this petty little game. I do not wholly disagree, but this shall go on forever more if they choose not to intervene at some point, or kill the creations they have breathed life into. Either way, they will shall take the blame. We will not be the vilified ones, they will be! Can't you see now that people have abandoned their faith? That they simply turned away from the Gods, or in more dramatic cases, they've felled the fanes, burned the holy relics that were supposed to be objects of worship. Prayer beads were cast from them, holy tomes neglected and cluttering dust. As they should be. There is not a lick of knowledge within them that could save these people, and some of them have the wisdom to realize this."

Kiruku tested the sturdiness of the well she had discovered a short walk away. The termite infested boards seemed to break upon the weight of a mere forefinger which had descended upon them, sending up a cloud of filth in the direction of her nostrils. The splintering debris fell into oblivion, as not a lantern or other means of light would illuminate the path. "I don't know how far this travels, we could very well have unsealed the very pit of Perdition."

She had to give her props at least for her determination in the end, then again this was already an everlasting battle of good and evil that would transpire the end of time. So it wasn't so surprising that Iamora had responded in such an effect. She offered nothing back filling that she had already said her clear peace on the entire thing.

Peering across her shoulder towards that of Kiruku, she could only wonder what the fellow elf was doing, that is until the well depleted into nothing, causing her to wave a hand back and forth to remove the clutter of dust from the air.
"I think we unsealed something indeed," Renske leaned forward to peer into the hole; "The question is whether or not we make it to the bottom." she smiled gently, "Shall we?"

"I've no objection to you killing yourself."Piped Iamora, her gaze upon the mouth of the well. "But I must decline any further interaction with it. I shall be on my way, perhaps to stir up some trouble with the mortals."Lowering her head in a bow, she soon parted from the others, without a display of hellish magicks. She simply wandered Northbound, leaving Kiruku watching in silence until she could no longer be seen. "I don't particularly trust her, but I suppose it'll be fine. Do you have any ideas?" She searched Renske's face for answers, hoping that inspiration would come to either like a jolt of lightning.

"We could always dive in with reckless abandon, but I doubt we'll arrive unscathed of such an irrational notion." She gently folded the woman's hand in her own. "But whatever comes of this, you shall not perish." The words were as much meant to soothe Renske's anxieties, as they were to be a verse of a pretty song."I doubt we'll encounter much trouble, but do keep your eyes peeled. The shadows do tend to play tricks on those whom cast caution to the wind. "

She took another examination of the stony structure to see if it would crumble beneath the weight of her hand, and to disable any traps which would be activated upon their descent. Not a spring was sprung. Her face brightened with a smile. "Well, there are only a few opportunities in one's life to walk on the wild side, to live dangerously. Perhaps this would be one of them, for me." She readied herself mentally and physically for the plunge.

Her brows lifted while her lips pursed to the rather expected comment from Iamora, though it was still rather unamusing for her. Even if she had passed that deathly veil so very long ago. Watching in a familiar fashion of Kiruku, Renske brushed back her hair. "If you trusted her full on, then I would be most certainly asking for the first class ticket to hell." she spoke gently though her nose wrinkled to think of something that could be possibly helpful to the moment.

"I vote out too reckless abandon," she lifted a finger before her hand had been taken into the other woman's. If she had anxieties about death they would always be playing on her mind but she smile nonetheless to how it seemed protective Kiruku had been of her. It wasn't like that had ever been the case in the previous life she had been created and forced to live thru. it was mild amusement but it did give her a bit of a spry step. "Suppose our only option is to jump in, unless we can find or make a rope ladder... I doubt it will be as easy." she mused before scoffing lightly to the idea of shadows, "Shadows to not make me fear, especially when on can banish them with light and flame."

Watching this woman's face brighten, it had caught her off guard though it was only momentarily;
"I don't think I have yet to see how beautiful of a smile you have my dear." she ushered the words softly before she laughed heartily to her. "Walking on the wild side can be dangerous as much as it can be fun," rubbing her hands together, Renske promptly ruffled her skirt before picking her way towards that of the well side and glancing downwards.

Fingers touched fingers while the gentle spark of flame sprouted within a palm though it did not singe her flesh, as she adopted a look to Kiruku, stepping forward allowing the ground to disappear from beneath her feet.
"See on the bottom side my dear."

Gravity took hold with a gleeful intent, dragging her body into the depths of the well and engulfing the flame into nothing more than a dull gleam.