The adventures of Iamora and Rune

The ginger haired Elf sighed. At first he hand thrust down into trail of darkness as if a surge of magnetic energies would bid the woman's delicate metacarpals into her grasp, but she knew it was too late. She had come this far, and only the chasm had taunted her now, the woman she loved having jumped into its bowels like an eager sacrifice. She would follow in tow, whether this filthy reservoir led to as much of a paradise the sewer could be, or if they would stand on the brink of a putrid wasteland.

She was falling then, her body tumbling into what seemed an infinite nothingness. She could only draw her gaze upward, to the hole that seemed to diminish in size. An involuntary lapse of control had sent a scream tearing from her throat. She could see the flames alighting the way below, and she thought at that moment she had indeed descended into the firey pit of Hell.

Orange hues toyed an illusion of the shadows, and she could almost feel the enormous taloned hands trying to ensnare her, to take her apart limb from limb. It was not a place she would dare to visit again. Then she felt her body connect inelegantly with the dirt, causing her form to saumersault into what she could only determine was a pile of rubble. Perhaps of crumbling stone, which upon a painstaking endeavor had created the world below.

Kiruku lied uncomfortably upon the rocks that poked and prodded her vulnerable form, the wind having been knocked out of her upon impact. She was robbed of voice, and could not beckon Renske. This made the injured Elf scramble to her feet, feeling the aches she obtained from her swift descent. She coughed and sputtered on a mixture of sputum and blood, the grit of powderized teeth coating her tongue.

She had yet to scream as the fell into the eternal pits of the well as it seemed to be more than a well could ever be. It took a lot for her to scream or even give a whimper but she supposed as she fell that this would be one of those times. The landing at the bottom was less than appeasing in the least, her knees buckled and gave way causing her to tumble head over tea kettle until she sprawled out upon the jagged floor, luckily for her missing most of the rubble.

"That is no way in hell what I call fun." She sat up to brush off the front of her dress as her gaze was directed up down the long damp and ripe hallway that had been dug into the well. "This looks promising." she spoke sarcastically to herself. Fingers pressed against the ground helping her gain her balance again; her fingers relighting the orangish hue allowing the basking of light to flicker between it all.

"Just as horrifying as I was expecting." Renske muttered as she pressed her free fingers to pinch her nose, ears flicked back to hear the hard tumble of the fellow being she had been currently accompanying. Lashing rose and fell quickly as she turned right around to return to the mouth opening of the well; "Kiruku darling?" she had no where taken as hard as of a landing as she had, chalk that up to the other worldly abilities she had. "Are you alright?" she reached forward when the light of her flame basked upon the other woman; her hand reaching out to at least offer a help up if possible.

Her right cheekbone was fractured, fragments of bone poking out of her flesh like calcified thorns. A featherlight touch upon her injury would prove devastating, wrenching tears and anguished cries from her. She regretted the action especially a few moments preceding it, when she rose. The expulsion of blood and bile had cramped her stomach, the muscles felt as if she had taken a punch from a broad fist. She would reach for Renske, her hand penetrating the transition of darkness, to shadows, and finally light. "Are..you harmed?" Kiruku croaked, her voice flowed from a bruised throat.

The movement of facial muscles that worked in the act of speech caused exeptional pain to her shattered Zygomatic Arch, and she bit back a scream. She attempted to gain composure, to look strong in the situation, more so for Renske. She figured that the pain would dull sooner or later, or the flesh would become infected from the feculenced region they were set to travel. Either way, the priority was her lovely companion. She managed a smile, but it resembled a grimace. "Surviving the fall is a plus. Now, which way to go?"

It was a ghastly sight to see the fellow woman in such shambles evoking an actual self loathing for her own unusual talents and silently wishing upon herself that she was once the glorified being of gods and passages. But those days had long ago faded into the bleak darkness, as she forced herself to shake it off for the time being.

"I am perfectly fine my dear, unlike yourself." she knelt somewhat keeping a steady gaze on the woman. "I dare say you are worse for wear than I ever could be. We will have to see what we can do for you when we reach the surface again."

Eyes of gold spun upon the jaded green of Kiruku, her lips turning into a tsking frown before she would keep close as much as Kiruku required for any help.
"Straight would be logical," she pointed forward, "Even in this wafting pit of bowels and fetid water, you can still get a salty fleshy smell..." Renske hummed as she turned her gaze back to her; though she was careful to lead the way and going as fast or slow as Kiruku needed. "Now that we have managed to slip into the well of ill, what is the plan of action now? Surely this cannot go over well in the end."

"As long as I'm with you, it matters not if I'm encompassed by filth, wallowing through diseased riddled waters." The direction Renske decided upon looked promising, the absence of vermin eased her some. She thought of Rune, Ashlotte, and Hell and Sin incarnate. Where were they now, were they engaged in a fight for their lives? She cast a doleful glance back toward the direction she assumed she landed, for the darkness had a ravenous appetite and consumed the tunnel behind them.

"I certainly hope Rune and Ashlotte are alright. That they are rabbit footed, in case of of skirmish or scuffle." Her worries seemed to trail along like chains wrapped about boulders, and she felt encumbered by them. The right side of her face throbbed, shreds of flesh sloughed off, as the ground could keep a grisly momentum of her visit. Kiruku kept her eyes open as much as possible, fearing what could happen between blinks. "So, you seem vaguely familiar..I've studied your face.." She felt the warmth stirring under her left cheek. "Tell me of your travels, tell me of..you."

Ears prickled to the mention of the others as a faint smile touched her lips, "Rune is probably tormenting some chickens somewhere to relieve his own annoyance, you would be better to tell me of Ashlotte though I am not worried for either of them for the time. Rather they seem both persistent enough to keep their flesh where it belongs."

She felt terrible for the woman who had suffered terribly for the travels downwards but she did well not to show much of it.

Holding gently to the woman to allow Kiruku to use her as a crutch if needed, the long look that could possibly be looking into her former, Renske figured it was the least she could do for the woman, at least to ease her own thoughts away to how her own body ached and bled.

"I don't think I am all that familiar Lady Kiruku, you were not the one who stole the life from my lungs so long ago." she lifted a brow; "You could call me a specter in a psychical flesh, even remnants of what I once was. A creation of false warmth that moves and speaks as if they were not lost in the everlasting pits of time."

The corridor was long and silent beside their shuffling feet and her voice while the flame in her free hand hissed with the enriched oxygen.
"The former shell of what I once was, I was no different than the beings that Lady Iamora and Ravenwitch seek to extinguish; a mortal who fell to their knees and lifted their hands skywards speaking prayers that could possibly never touch the god's ears, I was a priestess." her voice turned nostalgic; "I turned darkness from many hearts, lifted more souls to that of the lords that reside over our lands; speaking the written words of the bible with glory and triumph, sweeping through continents in pilgrimages, paying praise to shrines and giving homage when possible. One could never believe that I would be swayed into the purgatory that rested between that of man and beast. Life and death, the green abyss that keeps souls."

Renske stopped for a time thinking, attempting to recollect before her smile faded away -
"Among my travels, I have seen more destroyed villages and pillaged bodies of men, woman and children alike. Raped, mutilated and torn asunder; each time striking the cross across my forehead down my chest and over; never had I believed that I would be fall such a similar fate. I could not tell you the village's name even if I wanted as I don't have any memory of it - I think it is nothing but overgrown ruins now anyways. I made the mistake of offering salvation to the wrong sorts of beings, and in turn they took their own salvation upon me." her lips moved all the while her voice became listless; "Striking me until I began to plead for my mind to seep into the blissful darkness, they tore at my robes, keeping me alive as they burned satanic words into my flesh, ripping and tearing at my breasts until they were nothing left. Creatures of hell is all I can imagine they were, beasts with no ideas to what sins they had committed, men who were no longer men. Raping my body when they felt it was right, they were experts in torture. Never allowing my death to come rather they had me lingering on for days at a time until I was nothing but a bloody sack of flesh and gore. Then, the threw torches upon my body as I could not move away and they brought upon the hellish requiem that was to become my living/deathly limbo. A body embossed by souls that I collect when I feel my redeath coming, I am nothing more than a spirit who cannot be given into the afterlife and is stuck within my perfect imperfect body of an elf that resided nearly a hundred years ago. I am a dark priestess now and I kill living thriving men and women to take their souls into my false warm flesh to sustain my body."

She smiled,
"Rune was to be one of my victims as he was ripe with a lively soul that I could easily live on for months without fear; yet... I took a strange liking to the foul demon and how hard he attempted to escape anyone who dared offer him something that could be use to him. I ensnared him, placing a tether into his body like a silken spiderweb, lacing him to me that he would not be alone and vice versa. It has been many years since I felt the comfort of a companion, be it sexual or emotional." Renske stopped to peer around one of the veering off corridors, "I am not a creature of hell or heaven any longer, rather I just remain to see what the future may hold as I fear the afterlife may not be a home any longer. Plus-" she locked eyes with Kiruku; "I do not wish to see Ravenwitch tear this world asunder either, I may not be what I once was but I still am a priestess of sorts. Ravenwitch will not take this world into the pits of despair if I can help it, and I think the demon male that Ashlotte had been smitten with may be a key to it. He is not what he seems. What of you Kiruku? Do you wish to see this world destroyed by the hellish woman that had been burnt so long ago and imbued by hell? What is it you seek for this world?"

"Ravenwitch and Iamora are unstoppable forces in this world." Her head lowered, blood admixed saliva fell from her mouth like threads of slime. "They cannot simply be exorcised or banished, and surely cannot be vanquished. This world is just a chessboard between Gods, Devils and mankind. An ever raging battle in which the greatest prize is at stake, the immortal soul." Kiruku's arm cinched about Renske, drawing her in close. It wasn't that the woman radiated with warmth, for that had gift bestowed upon the living had been robbed of her. Somehow this act of their two bodies meeting gave her a comfort which transcended the feeling of living flesh upon hers.

"Their only salvation is to hold fast to their faith, so that their eternal souls may be commended unto the unfurled hands of God, and his angels. Not the place of fires and torment everlasting. I am deeply pained by your story, what had to happen to you. But, I know it is a savage world, demons and men alike wreaking destruction upon the land, to slay all that is pure and innocent. They are no more refined than dogs in heat, satiating their sexual hungers in blood and sinister impulses in blood. To be borne of blood and die in blood. You spoke the gospel, the Word in its perfect form to repair the tortured souls of this land. No one can take that away from you, not even the ones which reaped your flesh with their own blasphemous versions. You served a purpose greater than you'll ever know, even as they pillaged your physical form. You a living testimony to your faith, a wall of strength. Of course, you were doomed to perish of your injuries, that could not be revoked, striken from the Book of Ages. But what of you now? Your very death has swayed you. It is understandable for such a turn about, and I do not cast judgment upon you."

She offered a genuine smile, showing a row of teeth not touched with imperfection. "I once wore the badge of righteousness, as well. Its alright to have your doubts, but before I became cursed, I was a crusader on the holy path, one untrod by most, and marched to the tune of an angelic choir."

Her smile lingered lightly upon her painted lips, "Well in the end, where I know where my heart used to reside, I do think that Iamora and Ravenwitch will one day be taken from this earth when the gods dare to play their pieces." She did still believe in that, though she was no where the saint she had once been.

She shrugged with a laugh;
"Everything happens for a reason, does it not? Do not feel sorry for what I have lost, as I have gained many things in theses years and decades, and I know when the gods come again they will remove the plagued and the vile men who were once on the side of righteous. I will never get my decree of justice served but if the world is saved in the end, then that's all I can ask for." She bowed her head, "Thank you my dear for not throwing the veil of judgement on me though I would not be surprised if you had."

Eyes blinked to her as she looked to the woman with wonder and adoration;
"Dare I say; please tell me your story Lady Kiruku, it would do me well to know what valour had thrived in your blood and has only strengthened you now."

"I shall tell you of it then." Kiruku let out a long winded sigh, mustering enough stamina of which to utilize for her lengthy story. "It is simply a tale of one becoming corrupted with petty jealousies and grudges. Men rode in on horses one night, tossing their torches upon the crisp leaves and twigs that blanketed the forest floor. I can remember this occurred during the dry months, where not a single drop of dew glistened in the morning sunlight, not a bit of moisture could be wrung out of one's laundry that hung upon a bough overnight. The darkness nor dawn had graced us with mists then, which caused for an earth that thirsted. Our..homes..they combusted in a ball of orange and red which seemed brighter than the sunrise. "Her eyes widened for a moment, she breathed in awe of the vision she inspired of her words.

"I simply watched idly by as my clan, my friends..called for my aid. I was able to spare them of the fire, but I didn't. Dare to say, I felt relieved that my village was burning, plumes of smoke oscuring the moon. The ones which had saved themselves of dying by fire, became prey to the horse men. I've never discovered their identities, never cared to, I suppose. So, I just..just watched my revenge wrought of other hands. I somehow thought that I would have a clean slate, not a stain upon my soul when Atone came to me. In my heart, I knew different, but I thought she would be ignorant of my wrong doings. That something else had preoccupied her at the time, and she would know naught of what transpired that night. But, the Gods..they -always- know. It didn't escape her detection and..that's what makes me what I am today."She paused, having watched Renske's reaction all the while.

"Atone, she cursed me to take the lives of others, no matter how much they would plead and bargain upon their dying breath. I had to watch the crying and gathering of families and companions, those whose tongues lashed their hatred of me for taking the ones close to them. I believe I am the most abhorred force in all of nature. I thought originally that Ravenwitch would've been the most vile one, but it is me. And I shall roam forever more, ushering the souls into the afterlife, only to rest once the last is removed from the world, or when immortality is gifted to all and makes no use for me."

Listening with acute intent to her story, Renske couldn't by all rights believe it. It almost sounded like a horrible fairytale that had gone so very terribly wrong and yet, she knew it was nothing but the gospel truth.

"Atone." she spoke softly, seeming to taste the very name before she hummed gently and let her eyes close momentarily; "I can't even imagine what sort of hellish pain you had to endure at the start of your curse my lady; it would be insensitive for me to even bluff the understanding. But may I ask... why didn't you save your clan?" it was something she was wondering.

"Take your pick. I became corrupted. I became jealous and unforgiving. Some of the very Laws of Right I had enforced and protected, I had broken myself. The boundries to my jealousies became faded, and soon there was none at all. I would covet what seemed the most trifling of things. This turned to anger over not being able to obtain what I couldn't possibly anyway. I condemned myself in the acts which were to follow. I've taken some of their belongings into my own possession, but still the Goddess Atone had not chastised me then. It was only a downward spiral until I was damning those who committed the grevious offenses I too, had committed. I wish I could somehow glamorize it, to tell you that my clan had done something irreprehensible to me and not unto the holiest of hosts."

Kiruku shrugged, motioning upward."But, you know how the saying goes. Let one without sin cast the first stone."She reiterated, a nod punctuating the end of her solemn words. "Surely, if I were to cross paths with the one which had defiled my mother and then myself, he will be brought to justice by my hand, and no one elses."

"Rune!"Ashlotte cried against the wind, trying to locate the demon. "Rune?" She seemed vulnerable, unshielded against the elements and perhaps the preying gaze of things which meant her harm. She approached the well slowly, seeing evidence that its boarded up entry had been broken. Wisps of cold stroked her skin, and she shivered in a garment which seemed completely inappropriate for the weather."I suppose he could've came this way, it does look like his sort of handiwork. She leant in, the gaping hole seemed to swallow her upper torso. "Rune?" A timid call, that echoed for miles.

Lips puckered in a pondering way as she listened to how Kiruku spoke. It seemed rather absurd to think that this woman was one of sins galore but who was she to say otherwise. Rather she just lent the ear that wanted to be bent to her story before she wrinkled her nose. "I would weep sorrow for you Kiruku if it would have done you well and repented your soul from the start." she smiled still before she reached out to gently push back a stray hair, careful not to injury the woman further -"But everything happens for a reason, even if we cannot see nor understand it. Though I do feel a deep grievance in my heart to know what hellish fate has become you in a sense. But I am also thankful, without your suffering... it may be selfish but I wouldn't have been gifted with meeting such an endearing woman".

"How long as it been since you have been cursed with this my dear?" idle conversation it could be but she was attempting to keep her focus for the time. Anything to prolong her alert mind from falling slumber before they had even really started what they had fallen down the well for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rubbing his hands together letting the run of clean water wash aside the reaped inners from his palms, Rune had managed to run off the few who had deviated away from Ravenwitch's hell, though it wasn't many. Two at best.

Droplets dribbled down his forearm as a single tapered ear flicked back to the name being called only to frown deeply and cast his gleaming gaze across his shoulder. He had thought he might have been gifted enough to escape away from all of them, as none came in the so cliché search for the one who ran off in the sense.

He wasn't that far off from where the bastards of men had come and perhaps not much further away from the well either.

Taking in a sharp breath forcing the gaping hole that managed to puncture through a lung, to suck air - Rune stood without much attention to the blood dripping down him. To him it was nothing but a flesh wound, it would take a lot more to kill him and it would have to be the main vitals - his heart or his head.

His lips twisted with a conflict of thought before he shrugged it off and allowed the summoning darkness to engulf him momentarily, allowing him a brief jump of space as it were. It was like watching a rabbit jump across the ground, only to miss the entire middle part of the jump. Rather than seeing the creature move through the motion, it appeared as if it had moved a couple paces forward without actually moving. He knew assassin's often moved in such a manner, but for him it was more natural due to his demonic heritage.

It took little time to emerge to see the honey brown woman with her head somewhat in the well as the devious smirk crossed over his face. Careful to use the echo of her voice to hide his footsteps, hands reached around her shoulders giving her a strong jolt forward but not actually casting her into the well.

"You rang?" He pulled her back to bend her backwards almost allowing her to look up at him rather than down the well.

The Deathsinger smiled softly, although she had not the capability to produce a single tear upon hearing her kind words. A slight feeling of yearning, of regret, had caused this smile to wane. "I remember not when the judgement was cast unto me. I recall the face of Atone, breaking through the mountainous clouds. She spoke unto me this dreadful castigation, and I could not object. I suppose many generations had past, the old perish and the youth yielded of them also seized by the grip of death. It appears that my bloodline, my lineage has run dry by now."

Ashlotte whirled about in his arms. "Rune! Where were you? I was concerned. If you had fallen into the well, it would've upset me greatly." She paused, almost completely breathless as he had given her a start. "If you are -here,- that must mean the others...are down there. " A bewildered look took the dwindling surprise off of her face. "What do you think?"

She said nothing else to her about her own family and heritage line being nothing but dust to the crimson wind rather she could only imagine that her own had fallen the same fate. Scratching her head with the free hand, Renske rolled her bottom lip against her top. "Is there other Death Knells? I do apologize for being so rather curious but I have never heard of such happenings in my living life nor this purgatory either. It seems rather gruesome and fascinating world, though that is probably horrible for me to even think of."

He arched a brow to her, releasing her from his grasp to take a step back allowing his arms to cross over the broad chest, standing lazily more so on one foot than the other. Glancing over her to look towards that of the well, he shrugged.
"What would the point be to falling down the well? I think this day has been more eventful than it should have been." He stopped suddenly narrowing a eye to him, "Where the fuck did you go anyways and why did you come back now before we get off topic going to look for some other broads." He flicked his hand wiggling his fingers while his raptor gaze kept firm and steady to that of Ashlotte. It was a rather random appearance that he couldn't easily overlook.

"I suppose there could be, for I would be very surprised that the very nature of the curse would be designed for me, but I haven't crossed paths with any other."She shook her head gently, the pain of injured cheekbone reminding her of her fall. She hadn't realized just how far they had ventured into the mock catacombs. "I hope your demon doesn't come looking for us. The entry is a difficult travel, indeed."She pointed to the ruined side of her face, as if she were trying to relay the truth of her words.

Ashlotte's hand rose, as if she were prepared to slap him for using such crude language so closely to her. The hand floated about for a moment, then was dropped to her hip. "I was looking for -you,- demon. I am a vulnerable young thing, out here by myself. I was entrusted into your company, and you took off."Her lips parted into a smile, and a throaty, seductive tone took over her voice. "But, you're here now. And I bet you've a big parcel for me." Her gaze fell to the area of which one would place a belt. "And, you're -so- muscular."

Batting her eyelashes in a flirtatious manner, she then drew him close to her in an airy embrace. Her fingertips danced across his left cheek, up and down his neck. "Whilst the other girls are away, we should play."

Blinking some about bringing up Rune, Renske started to laugh at the mere image in her head. "I have a good feeling if he decided to fall down the well, he would hurt the well rather than the other way around. Especially with how brash he is." she covered her mouth with a tittering of giggles before she looked down gingerly to Kiruku; "Are you fairing alright? I am not really sure where I am walking to be certain and I would like to make sure you are still remaining with me Kiruku."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Moving his hands before his chest to make a beckoning gesture for her just to try and slap him, Rune narrowed his eye as he pointed a finger to her.
"Actually if I recall correctly, it was you who walked off firstly leaving us three to go after you and those other two to be assaulted by more bastards from the bushes."

Watching her suspiciously;
"You are not helpless in the least," he muttered off before rolling his eyes to her. He heard her seductive tone with crystal clear hearing but that didn't mean he was about to jump on it. Rather reaching up to actually gently remove her hands from his face, Rune let a neutral expression haze over his features, "Sorry Peaches; there will be no romping in the fields for you." he side stepped her, placing his hands over on the still standing bits of mortar and stone of the well, peering down into the abyss of the hole. "Of all the places to go, why there?" he murmured, allowing a side of his eyes to her through the corner; "Hey lusty; if you give two royal damns about that Death Knell you might want to keep it in your pants; you're worse than a man." he shook his head, "Putting me to shame there," Jumping up on the wall side, Rune managed to keep his balance without shattering anymore into the opening, walking a few paces before crouching down to rest on the balls of his feet. He was thinking actually as the wheels might have been seen in his head moving and twisting with such ferocity that smoke may be coming out of his ears at any moment.

Jerking his head up to stare directly at her, he scrunched up his nose as he actually offered a hand to her.
"Alright miss vulnerable and powerless; if you can keep your erectus under control; I can actually be a bit of a noble man and help you into the darkness, I might even offer not to let harm come to you. That is;" he would withdraw his hand promptly before she would reach for it, "If you actually give two shits about either of them or just Kiruku." Again he re-extended his hand; "Well, what's it going to be?"

Kiruku joined her a little, the giggles ceasing abruptly as the sound found her ears. There was not much in the world that could cause for such a reaction from her, but Renske was so beautiful, her voice so melodic. It made Kiruku want to break out of her sullen husk, enrapture the woman in a gentle, but firm embrace. "I'm pretty sure. He's a rather large fellow, and his strength could make him dangerous under the wrong controlling factor.

She thought briefly about his mother, Iris. Kiruku would sort this woman as one who fell into that category. Did she discipline and correct him at all? What about a father figure? He never spoke of having one in his life. She knew that this -Rune- had many more secrets that wee buried so deeply, it would take much effort to unearth. "I feel hurt." Ashlotte wrinkled her nose at him, crossing her arms about her chest. "I -am- weak and powerless, if you wish me to be."She winked, and pouted the next moment.

"None escape my concern."She looked at his hand, as if it were a basket of venomous asps. Her tawny gaze went to the well, and shifted back to his hand. "If you think we should, but you better not drop me."Hiking up her skirts, her free hand grasped his, and she braced herself for what was to come.

In truth she was more amused to have Kiruku giggling along with her that it was sheer wonderment that warmed the inner reaches of her dead heart and the fact that she had was something else. It was a marvelous thing though it did little to sedate with her comment, she smirked and giggled a little more. "He might be a large fellow and a power house, but in truth if you earn even a shred of respect from him, he is actually-" she looked around as if she was about to be caught with the most deadliest of secrets ever to grace the planet, she leaned in a little, "He is actually a rather big push over. You just got have to let him have some of his own demonic fun and the man is bearable to live with." she nodded as if to make her point before her gaze became gentle and she nodded to the woman. "Would you like to rest Kiruku, it might be for the best for the moment. We can continue on when you wish, do not push yourself too hard."

Renske knew nothing of Iris but she did know more than her share of Rune's father and that was a whole another can of worms that made him a dangerous man. That was only due to prodding and digging at Rune when she had a idle chit chat moment with him before he would become annoyed and swear off the discussion.

~*~*~*~*~

Blinking slowly, boredly to her Rune smacked his lips,
"I'll believe you to be weak and powerless when I actually see it, and I wish nothing of you." he flicked his brows trying to make his point though when she was staring at his hand, Rune looked down to it for a moment. "I washed it, I swear it didn't wipe my ass with it."

Rubbing his face with the other hand, he chuckled without malice to her comment.
"Just don't start screaming or freaking out cause I might have to cut you loose." he pulled her close to make sure that she was tight in his grasp, Rune grinned a little to her; "Hold onto your skirt peaches,"

Jumping into the hole, Rune gaze hadn't been affect due to the darkness rather it seemed very unchanged. Free falling at first, he slipped one of the hidden daggers out from the comfort of his belt behind his back, slamming it into the stone, ground and moss of the well, slowing their descent time and time again. he wouldn't keep the blade there due to the very possible breakage, rather when he slowed enough with her, he would press the flats of his soles to the walls countering his weight and hers to lunge back and go towards the opposite wall and repeat the entire possess. It wasn't until the smell of the well began to change, that he slipped the hilt of the dagger into the gauntlet on his arm, and pounced hard to allow his knees to give way only tucking her into his chest and rolling forward on his shoulder, using a skid of boots to finish the descend. His knees touched the floor as he glanced upwards towards the dark opening now before he lowered his attention to Ashlotte.
"Alright there Ashlotte?"

In truth, she had wished those words would flow from Renske's smooth lips, if not a few moments sooner. "I could use a respite from this indomitable hell. I don't suppose there's a tavern down here, or an inn where we could cozy by the fire." Her emerald eyes closed, she smiled as if she felt the sun upon her once again."Perhaps a generous meal, perfumed bath, warm beds." She would open them moments later to the realization that the only meal they would find down here would be scrawny rat on a stick, and she shuddered to think of what a bath would consist of. Making a bed of the dirt and rubble didn't really tickle her fancy, either.

"Well, the secret shall remain within these walls. I suppose Ashlotte would be thrilled to learn of this, as she is quite taken with him, but she'll never learn it from me."Before Ashlotte could protest, she descended with a whoosh of air billowing her skirts, pitching the lower portion of the garment into her face. She let out a warbling scream, driving her nails into his flesh, as if that would actually help the matter.

She landed rather safetly, per his assistance. "I'm not harmed?"She spoke incredulously, as if she expected to be standing over herself as a specter."I'm not harmed!" Her strange antics brought a clumsy dance to her step, and she circled about him, cantillating a ditty obviously created on the spot.

Helping the woman sit down as she murmured about the delights of a inn, Renske couldn't help herself but look around the subpar conditions with a deep frown and a hand lacing under her chin allowing her to rest on one foot making her hip jut slightly. "I don't think we will be finding anything that luxuries down in this pit of hell. And I draw my line at eating rats, call me picky." she diced a hand to the side before she knelt forward to take a look over Kiruku; "Well now I'm pleased I trust you so feverishly my dear, I do not wish to have my body torn apart by the likes of him." she smiled gently wrinkling her nose before wishing she still had a pack that she once upon a time carried.

"I am starting to think, we didn't think this all the way through. Then again I wasn't expecting there to be a labyrinth down in the well... looks can be deceiving."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

He could have done without her scream though he knew it could have been worse but the bite of her nails did produce a fair sting.

Releasing her from his grasp to brush himself off, Rune turned his attention to the markings from her on his flesh before he would open his hands.
"You doubted me!" he stabbed a finger towards her as she danced, partially trying not to laugh at her delighted dance and scowling at her for even thinking he would have actually let her parish. He was cruel he made no qualms about that, but he was loyal to his word.
keeping his hand upwards, Rune huffed before planting the mitt of his hand upon the crown of her head tussling her hair-
"Going to have to learn to trust me a little more Ash if you want me to trust you in return." stepping forward, he motioned for her to stick close. "Blood..." he muttered taking a whiff of the place with a disagreeable face; he rubbed his nose shortly after, "Seems that Kiruku took one hell of a tumble down into the pits... they were and still are here somewhere. Lucky for us that they left us a easy trail. Still... the hell of all places to be, why here. Unless they are looking for the black plague."