The adventures of Iamora and Rune

She wanted to open her mouth, to reflect the music that stirred within her in song pleasing to one's auditory faculties. Kiruku refrained, for it would destroy the creature she had felt so enamored with. Ashlotte sent a reassuring nod to Renske, mimicking the love that had quickened her companion's pulse, filled her with joy inspired arias. She had not tested her singing abilities prior to the situation, but her face gladdened by the emotions siphoned from Kiruku, she almost threw herself at Rune in an embrace, vocals lightly strumming chords fully untrained in cantillation. But, the interaction was to be befouled by the interference of darker emotions. She wheeled away from Rune, a display of agile twirls came to cessation as she connected to the earth in a slide.

"Your very voice flows through me with dissonance! You tongue sows words of discord, a wretched reverberence upon my ears!" She was jolted upwards, her hands flew up as if to shield them. The wild shift of temperament was looked upon by Kiruku, who didn't know whether to reach out to her, or recede with no sudden gesture. Iamora's being swelled with disturbed merriment, as she broke away from the group and headed presumably to the neighboring town.

Humming with a pleased grin to see that Ashlotte hadn't been hurt in any sort, she had no real idea that she had suddenly become a great fancy to that of Kiruku. She was vastly curious about the death knell but her mind hadn't processed anything further than that, Renske was agape with finding out what sort of twists this woman had to her beck and call.

Her mouth had opened in a few words only to stop and stare at Ashlotte. Rune leapt back a good couple paces away from Ashlotte and her impulsive glee that ripped through her causing him to become disturbed to a whole new level. The only reason he looked away was to watch Iamora leave as she seemed to have the correct idea. Whatever had just come over the honey brown haired woman, made him uneasy.

Sidling up to that of Kiruku; glimmering golden eyes looked up through her lashes to the woman;
"Appears that Lady Ashlotte is picking up on someone's emotions much to her own dismay." She tugged her shoulders inwards, red painted lips holding together in the gentle smile not at all putting any blame to Kiruku or anyone else for the sudden change. Rather she was making a verbal note. Though her attention seemed to spin right around as a fiery glower penetrated to that of Rune attempting to leave. "Damnable beast of blood, there will be no sneaking off to leave your consort behind!" she reprimanded.

"Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!" he bellowed back flipping her off in the process and continued to move along though it wasn't in a hurried way. Rather he was lumbering along allowing them to stay caught up if they wished.

"He is so brutish, hard to believe he was once innocent." She sigh nostalgically seeming to know something more than she said. "Well I think Lady Iamora is ushering her way towards the next village;" her eyes landed back to that of Kiruku; "Will you be accompanying Lady Ashlotte still then Lady Kiruku? You would have to deal with Rune and myself then," She laughed lightly bemused by it all.

"I think you mean, I would have to deal with you all." Rune called back, showing that his hearing was still exceptional; though it made Renske roll her eyes.

"Such vulgar swill!"The Empath rose as if she had a demonic rumble inside her, flying at Rune with open hands. Kiruku's hand fell upon her wrist, prying the rage fueled female away from the demon. "Perhaps some ale shall soothe the savage beast." Her gaze shifted from each face, Ashlotte's forearm was then unfettered by the Elf's grasp. "I don't expect gratitude." She let the words linger, as her attention was diverted from the two. "Would you accompany me in a drink? If you wish to decline upon this occasion, the offer is always open ended." She gritted her teeth, preparing herself to stand firm in the face of rejection if need be.

"Rune. I insist that we retire to more intimate of accomadations. Perhaps we shall have our fill of wine, which could lead to merry chatter and cavorting. I wish to see if you are inscribed ..elsewhere."Brownish eyes contained a gleam of mischief, as she batted her luxurious lashes in a flirtatious manner. "It seems as if Kiruku also wishes to relieve some unspent energy." She winked to Renske, drawing her gaze down the woman's form. She couldn't see why her friend was so entranced with her. She would dismiss the notion in a shrug.

"Swill?" His brow raised mulling over the word before shrugging it off; "Someone needs to work on her insults." He cared little if she tried to maim him really, it would only help him lash back at her really though with Kiruku stepping in, he had narrowed his gaze back to the trio lingering slightly curious to know how she was able to stifle Ashlotte so promptly. "Oh like she needs to drunk again, last time I damn near lost my hearing!"

"Too bad it wasn't your attitude."

"Part of my charm Renske, I assure you." he called back to her though he would hum firstly and actually stick out his tongue to the idea of booze of any sort. "If you think that getting any sort of that foul liquid into my body will ease up my aggression you'd be stupider than I take you for." Rune muttered off though he had caught the mischief in her eyes and truth be told, that caught his attention rather swiftly.

"He drinks like a fish;" Renske smirked; "Just in his case, not an ounce of alcohol." She had yet to witness him touch a single mead or ale once, and he had a certain distaste for it. Though having the wink exchanged to her, Renske could only blink. What was she suggesting really?

"Hey hens quit your clucking otherwise I am guna let you all get eaten by whatever comes out of the wood works!"

"Oh the knight in black armour, do save us." Renske took on a sarcastic tone, "And then thy may bed the forlorn maiden with ye sheathed sword."

"Okay now even I lost whatever appetite I had." Rune stuck out his tongue again.

Iamora had her own schemes. Taking a seat at the bar, she was comforted by the fact that if anyone were to give her a lick of trouble, Greed and Gluttony would be pervasive forces for them to reckon with and ultimately succumb to. Ashlotte shot a threatening glance at both friend and foe, causing Kiruku's blank stare to lock with hers. "What would you do, take up arms against me? As I've shown you once, a mere mortal cannot defeat death. It shall overwhelm you, snatch your breath and beating heart from your breast." Ashlotte seemed to gain a meek disposition at this, leaving her harsh words to die upon her lips.

"I have plenty of coin for all of us. The dead have no use for it, so I am not a thief. It is just recycled." The Empath swayed before Rune, moving in as if to lay her hand upon him as if a lover would tenderly stroke the cheek of their partner."You shall come around in time. Your brawny statue brings a heat to my loi-" Kiruku suddenly interjected. "Have a bit of tact!" Feeling scolded, her gaze drooped to her feet. "What of the the murderous individual, does he still stalk the town? I'm certain that the wake of this destruction had urged him to relocate, but I doubt it'll stray him from his mortiferous thoughts and actions. "

Renske watched as Kiruku dispelled the anger that was present within Ashlotte; rather impressed while the rest of her curiosity only depended to her. "Is it possible for you to take someone without the consent of your higher being?" it was a legitimate question, if Kiruku was contracted in a sense to that of the goddess, wouldn't it be only by the goddess will that the lovely elf take the life.

"Classification of thief varies from person to person." Rune interjected, his ghostly white irises turning to focus on Ashlotte distrubed and intrigued by her for a moment. Though listening to her words, it proved to get a darker demonic grunt to rise up from his throat; "So is that all you want? You want me to throw you over the bed and reap what your bosom and maidenhead have?" he smirked a little more to that ignoring how Kiruku stifled Ashlotte, "Careful what you wish for girl, cause you ought to know what you can handle first."

"Rune, that is no way to speak in the presence of anyone!" Renske put her hands to her hips; "No one wants to hear it or even see the act that could be committed. I may not be innocent here but there is no way I want to hear any more of that."

He bared a fang to her;
"Jealous now Renske that I didn't offer it up to you and get you riving."

"In your dreams."

"Not even in my nightmares."
He retorted promptly, readied with the quip back. "Yours probably has teeth."

Shaking her head allowing herself to look to that of Kiruku her brows knitted as she smiled gently to the woman.
"A murderous individual? Do pray tell indulge me in the tidbits Lady Kiruku, as I would be grateful for some company that isn't lost in the throes of lust and bedroom topics."

"She says and yet we all know the truth that all you want is to be tied up and gagged playing mistress and pet."
Rune flicked a brow to her receiving a recoiled look of disgust. "Though I will admit, the hell you talking about someone going around killing others, cause that isn't something new and it isn't one person." he thought about Iamora and the devastation she caused before and he had joined in on.

"It -is- possible, for Atone has entrusted this gift, this curse..to my free will. I may relieve those of body of whom I wish, but under most dire of circumstances. However, I will incur the wrath of the Unforgiving. I do not evoke such power frivilously, for to do so shall bring upon myself condemnation." Extending her hand as if to enfold Renske's in a tender grasp, Ashlotte began to writhe upon the ground, as if she were infected by the poisoned touch of Lust. "Perhaps we shall see who can contend with whom." She had not realized that her sister had indeed used her as a front to further reach Rune for her own diabolical purposes. "My tongue shall invade the places most secret to you." She crawled toward him, her gaze fixated on his."You do not scare me, whelp!"

Kiruku let a small sigh escape her, as thoughts had settled briefly upon the costs of clerical intervention. Would an excorsism banish the hellish intrusion of wanton fornications that seemed to plague this woman? She knew not if mortal rites would be strong enough to disperse the thoughts infiltrating her. "I have detected that the liquor of this town was tainted with a substance fully unknown to me. It could be a foul concoction stolen from the witch Candie Cayne, her syrupy cruor as poisoned as the confections she had gifted to children." The honey haired female threw herself at him, Kiruku blockaded her arrival to Rune."Oh, I wish to feel the -firmness- of your phal-" Kiruku's loud sigh would silence the woman's forbidden words.

"Fascinating;" Renske appeared star stuck with such information giving to her; "You must be a being of untold pique; though to receive the condemnation of the goddess for your acts when you would go against her is certainly something I wouldn't think to hear from one who shades themselves within gray." she mused shortly only to look upon Ashlotte. "I have never come to understand the hell the empaths would have to suffer, this is something else completely than I could have ever fathomed." tapping a finger to her chin, Rune scratched behind his ear.

"Not yet I don't;" he nodded casting his gaze away; not even thinking that Iamora would even use her own sibling for a unknown purpose that had him in the line of sight.

Renske hummed listening to that of Kiruku;
"Poison something that the stupidest of mortals seek in turn killing and spreading the plague of death with a glee that keeps their hands clean in a sense." Ears flicked and twitched causing her to narrow her eye, "Now that is a name I have not heard in ages, and not one I cared to hear either. Would someone be stupid enough to act in her name; then again I wouldn't be surprised."

Even with the sigh covering most of the word, Rune knew what she was about to say causing him to scoff with the rumbling in his chest; eyes closed.
"Now your just desperate; no better than the whores who sell themselves for the cheap thrill of a momentarily coin only to deflate themselves later into the dried up mess that no man smart enough would touch." Hands combed back his bangs exchanging a momentarily look with Kiruku wondering in truth how this elven woman handed the emotional wreck that appeared to be Ashlotte. "Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I am finished with standing out in the open wondering when she is about to start crawling on her hands and knees eating the dirt."

"What are you thinking Rune?" Renske questioned watching how the man seemed rather unaffected to the moment.

"One; not about to let the possessed woman near me with a ten foot pole, secondly if there is someone out and about reaping lives of other's with splendor and ease; you may think to ask around to see whom else has been affected and to see if the other booze in the town over has acquired the same sickening slop that idiots tend to consume." Renske knitted her brows, "You need to trail back the booze and if there is a certain potency within, taking it to someone who knows their toxins, you'd eventually be able to track down what it is, if and where it grows and in turn who is playing death incarnate."

"You just came up with that here on the spot?" Renske blinked dumbfounded a little by him.

"More than looks Renske;" he tucked his hand into his pockets; "Come on already,"

Shrugging and seeming to at least with it, Renske tittered as she shook her head to that of Ashlotte;
"If she is succumbed by lust for that of him, it shouldn't be hard to get her to come along." Renske sidled up beside that of Kiruku - looping her arm through that of hers; "Lady Kiruku, I'd be pleased as a peach if you would accompany and give more facts to what you are suspecting is happening. It would be riveting."

"Oh man, if you two are going to start going at it, let me throw up in the bushes first!"

"I cannot even fathom what she would do to me if I were to disobey her orders a second time. I .." She turned her gaze to the ground, ashamedly. "I hadn't even believed in the existence of Gods and Devils prior to my interactions with her. I had believed that beyond the veil separating heaven and earth was naught but more air."Iamora would emit a sudden outburst to her devilish delight, causing the stupor of the crowd to become broken. Poor reflexes resulting in a massive spillage of beverage. "This criminal seems to have no conscience, my workload doubled by his misdeeds." The demonic enriched laughter quelled upon Ashlotte's lips, she reflected the mannerisms of a woman of higher station, moving past Rune as if he were but another one of the indigent that had littered the streets of a grandiose city.

She spoke haughtily, not even involving herself any further to behold whom she was addressing. "Pick yourself up and let us away. You will speak of your past, Rune. You -will- recount the tale of your past."Kiruku felt fully relieved that her companion seemed more toward herself now. "You are quite a ravishing lady, Renske." Kiruku's words exited quivering lips. "You are of fine breed." She had not spoken such compliments of a romantic inclination to the same gender before, and had realized that she probably should have kept those thoughts unsurfaced for the latter seemed to lack refinement.

Keeping an even stride with that of her as she spoke, Renske was always watching, probing to see what she could absorb into her intellect though her faint smile faded to see the shame that reflected against Kiruku's brow. "I do understand what you mean love." she smiled distantly; "It is hard to fathom the reaches of hell and heaven until you have been thrust into their game; being used as a pawn. Only then you realize how close both are to the mortal realm and how foolish it was for one to assume they were nothing more than stories told to appease the foolish."

"Most criminal's don't have a regret that we can see my dear;" Renske patted her hand attempting to offer comfort; "That is for evil to engross upon and divulge, not that of the one who takes the souls from the plane of life. Though you seem more concerned about this all than I would think one of your stature should be." red lips spread some; "Dare I say you have a righteous heart under your breast Lady Kiruku?"

Cupping a hand behind his ear as if he hadn't heard, Rune tossed a wily gaze over his shoulder
"Sorry I am doing what now? Sorry I can't hear you on your pedestal, going to have to run that by me again." snuffing as he spat to the side, he shook his head. "What is the allure with my background?" Squaring his hands, they moved as if they were sorting items on a shelf. "Was born of two creatures, shit happened; lo and behold here I am." arms crossed back over his chest; "And if I don't recount my past, what are you going to do about it. As I said before you can strike me down or attempt to sway me, it will not work." Stabbing a finger to her, his gaze shifted from the white gaze flashing into a deep red momentarily - "Respect is earned and if you can manage to get me to do that, then I'll spill my guts to you in any way you wish. Until then, good fucking luck."

Renske rolled her eyes to the scene going on honestly grateful for the reserved company of Kiruku rather than the other two, seeming to be life oil and fire. Ears flicked to her soft tone before she tilted her head with a warm pressed lip smile gathering to her face, making the dimples in her cheeks very apparent.
"I wouldn't go as far as to say ravishing Lady Kiruku;" she felt as if she should be blushing but the warmth never rushed to her face; "In comparison to yourself my dear, I look simply drab." she chuckled gingerly, "A fine breed, well I was raised right the first time, you flatter me; love." a hand brushed over her face not in the least reprimanding her for her forward words, though she was starting to see the budding romance.

The aromas of the edible treasures housed within the rickety vending cart had stolen her presence away from the others, although it hadn't crossed her mind that it seemed fishy, the man's inexplicable appearance upon the clearing. "Two for one special!" The man proclaimed, a tender lamb shank occupying each grasp.Kiruku's suspicion of the strange vehicle had summoned her near, her jade eyes falling upon it in keen examination. The wood showed signs of rot, she lifted a hand to dissipate mold spores that caused a stink upon the breeze. "Who are you, really?" Placing an outstretched arm before Ashlotte who seemed very eager to unload her money upon this man, her brow furrowed. "Where did you come from?"

Throwing away the food to waste upon the ground, he unsheathed his dagger, the the reflection of the sun upon metal momentarily blinding them both. They fell atop of one another, Kiruku's head connecting to Ashlotte's chin with a painful crack. "So, all alone out here you be. I shall slice up your lass, and hang your ears on my mantle, Elf. "He moved toward Rune, unconcerning himself with the fallen duo. "I come at Iris' behest! She wants to wear your ears as slippers!" He slashed at the air fiercely, simultaneously activating the mechanism that would release blades to spring out of the toes of his boots.

The wafting scent of the hunks of meat and spices caught his attention more so over the tinker man that seemed to come approaching out of the shadows, not once catching his awareness prior. He felt no different than Kiruku's with the suspicion of this being suddenly coming. She was asking every question that he was thinking of though he kept his mouth shut. If Ashlotte wanted to unload any coin she had, then let her, that was her deal no one elses.

Gasping to the surprise of the girls slapping into one another and the man leaping forward; Renske slipped a hand up her sleeve feeling the hidden dagger against her forearm, watching as the man advanced straight on the half demon. Good enough for her, as she moved around to look down to that of the girls.
"Kiruku, Ashlotte are you two alright?"

He turned his face away with the man coming towards him, that is until he heard the familiar name. Ears shot up high as causing him to whirl right around;
"On Iris's behest!" His chest rumbled with the aggravation, the demonic tint lacing into each word. "I'd like to see you try!"

Watching how the man slashed so carelessly upon the air; he unsheathed the sword from the scabbard - arching around with the momentum of his own body clashing the metal upon metal; sparks igniting with the pressure.
"You stupid bastard, no demon contracts another to kill someone, they do it themselves!" Rune bellowed; hammering the flat of his free hand around to press flat against the blade, shoving him back a few paces back allowing him to drop down towards ground, rounding around to take out the legs of the tinker man; attempting to avoid any blades he let out.

"Who is Iris!" Renske patted her hand to Kiruku's face, "Rune?"

"Do I look like I have time to talk and mingle!"

The opportunity seemed to be thwarted from the beginning, for he hadn't taken in consideration of where they could have flocked together. If they were passing through a town bustling with people, he could have simply slipped a toxic extract in their meal, if they had aquired his eats. If not, they were other ways he had planned to dispose of them, whispering the message into their ear as they lay dying. He had not accounted for the other females, but they were not particularly a nuisance to him at this time.He would hear a groan come from one of them, before the tides of unconsciousness pulled her under once more.

"So, you remember Iris. All this time you've been running away like a coward, yet the memory of her follows you. The more you try to elude her, the stronger her memory becomes!" He spat words between the clash of metal, Rune's strength formidable against his own. His foot thrust upward as if he sought the once hidden blade to connect with the most delicate meats of his foe, the dagger was brought up in an arc as if to be driven into Rune's heart. He was not without surprise for Renske, using his free hand to hurl varying projectiles her way. Hurriedly retrieving a square bottle from a pouch belt, he unleashed a strange tincture into the air, it's color having been obscured by the cobalt hue of the vial.

None of this made sense, of course he would remember Iris- she was his mother how could he not but calling him a coward it only proved how little this idiot knew of blood demons. Gritting his teeth, he scoffed out a laugh; "So you have all the answers do you?" Shoving him back hard to get the blade away from him; rolling across the ground until he could lock a foot into the nook of the ground, shoving himself hard forward twisting the hilt around as Renske flailed to the projectiles coming at her.

Lips moved quickly in a deflection spell though it wasn't strong enough to hold forcing her to go rolling sideways away from the girls, sprawling out in the dirt shaking the cloud of dust from her face.
"Gutless whelp! Rune quit playing around with him and show me that you can actually do something more than run your mouth."

"Shut up already!" Flicking the hilt hard to twist the blade back around, Rune skidding to a hard halt, bringing his arm up to cover his nose and mouth from the powder from his face. "The fuck is this shit."

Scuttling back to the women, Renske shook both of them -
"Come on one of you!"

The threat was anihlated in a sudden feral slashing of ungodly elongation, tatters of flesh aloft in a forcibly blowing wind. Kiruku's eyes were aflutter, Ashlotte had awoken to the feeling of blood that slicked her cheeks. "What happened, where's..the food?" Her query would go unheard against the storm. She tried to shrug her friend awake. The carrot topped female stirred after a few hearty shoves, lazily sitting upright as a few fingers probed her tender flesh which was already bruising.

She was pulled rather unwillingly into a stance, her vision clouded as a result to a knock on the head. Her hands rose against the wind, and she made her way to Renske, looking her over for any damage she may have taken. Her face reflected an apology that would be ill-advised to voice against the raging weather. She briefly inspected Rune, as it would be impolite to not show an inkling of concern to the companion of the one she would dare claim to be a woman friend. Ravenwitch would reveal herself in an earthly embodiment, her indestructible claws a rampart for an equally invulnerable fortress of flesh and bone.

Keeping his arm over his face as the wind picked up, he couldn't be any more grateful for the freak appearance of another being, though this one easily over powered that of the cretin cur that was the sin in disguise.

Relief showed over her face as both of the girls came around, her offering a hand to either of them to get them either sitting or standing - which ever they preferred before she would put her hands to either side of Kiruku's shoulders, seeming to check if she was bleeding anywhere before moving onto gently see if Ashlotte had been injured.
"Appears we have been ambushed." Renske spoke softly to that of the honey brown haired woman asking about where the edible morsels had gone.

Coming out unscathed, Rune was left with the wonderment of how the bastard knew of Iris and what sort of ploy this all was suppose to be against him. The man didn't realize how actually often he did visit his mother when he was that far out, at least once a year but he rarely worried for her in any way. She had Tiron around - her husband- and he gave little care to any of the other blood demons that cloistered in that area.

Rubbing at his nose to hold off the stench of the powder in case; Rune lifted his gaze to that of Ravenwitch with her timely appearance, for once no toss of words coming from his maw.
"What was that all about? Rune care to clarify?" Renske tucked her hands into her lap as she remained sitting on the ground.

"Not a clue." his tone was far from its usual aggressive stance, rather it was gentle, calm and soothing causing for a bit of alarm to rip through her. Something was already off with that as he waved it off, tucking the sword into the scabbard. "Ya'll alright over there?" Concern from him, had he hit his head.

"Now your scaring me."

His brow knitted,
"Ah shut up."

Kiruku felt a blush coming on for standing in such proximity of Renske, the corner of her lips tilting upward in a slight smile. Her fingertips would graze her cheek in appreciation for her sympathies, before her gaze darting from Rune, to Ashlotte, and finally Ravenwitch. The woman erected in all of her hideosity had not made a movement since the dispelling of winds that were summoned upon her irruption onto the scene. "I'm quite alright, thank you both."Chimed Ashlotte, energies depleted from the ambush had made her all the more hungrier. "I'm sure we should continue our conversation in town, where there are plenty of witnesses. "

Kiruku stooped to thoroughly investigate the area where glass had broken upon impact, her fingertips coated in a gritty, white substance. The scent brought her back to a time she could barely recall, the front most part of her pink tongue peeking out from behind thin lips as if to familiarize herself with the taste of it. "Hmm. Sweet. "Fear struck her silent, her eyes widening and her mouth sagged open. "What is it, Kiruku?" Ashlotte, fearing that she had been stricken with toxoid or contagion, rushed to her side. After several moments the Bard had thawed, wiping the grainy element upon her skirts. "It is sugar."

Exhaling a sigh of relief to see that both of the women were alright; Renske patted the hand that had touched her own cheek, her eyes glinting with the reprieve knowing that the beast of a man hadn't done as much damage as one may have thought.

"She's got a point." Rune only agreed with Ashlotte when she spoke about having witnesses around. "Though I doubt witnesses will do much if this is going to keep making a habit. He had no problem knocking you two around." His brow lifted while a single eye was held to the women still upon the ground for the time being.

Watching Kiruku bending to the pile that was upon the ground, only to be cautious to how the woman was handling the substance. She had honestly been grateful for the perfectly timed moment of Ravenwitch though, she didn't make much of a point to stare at the scorched creature.
"Lady Kiruku," she had taken a hand out to reach for the woman in case she would double over from the white grain that she had tasted, only to stop, blink and rethink what she had said. "Sugar?"

Rune rubbed his nose obviously not impressed to the idea that the man had thrown sugar, it had proven to get him worked up thinking that the being was prepared to neutralize his sense of smell.
"Whatever stupid ass joke this is, I've had my fill and more."

She could agree really,
"Seemed a bit strange don't you think, a man tugging a cart only to spring out and attempt to sever Rune from his body. Something is most certainly brewing as it were." She tapped a finger to her chin; "Could the one tainting the alcohol and this be connected in some way? Though... Who is Iris?" His gaze turned sharp allowing the full drain of the brief resolve of something other than annoyance or anger in his face to return in leaps and bounds. He spoke nothing against her but he made no point in answering either; "An old lover?" She dared.

Ignoring her completely, Rune huffed-
"Why throw sugar?" he asked partly to himself and partly to the rest. It made very little sense to him.

After a long winded exhalation, Kiruku recounted the tale of Candie Cayne and the outlawing of sweet items that had been decreed by the Reverends. "They would burn upon the stake, said to be in cahoots with the foul creature. There is a hole in their logic though, for the woman that was run out of town so many years ago hasn't surfaced since. I am not certain myself that she still lives. Perhaps it is but drunken rumor, or something wretched forged of nightmare." She shrugged slightly, turning to Ashlotte. "Oh, I don't know. I've heard the same rumors, didn't dwell on the particular matter because it doesn't really pertain to anything that important." Ashlotte then shifted her gaze to Rune."Are you harmed at all? I can't sense anything of the sort."

Ravenwitch kept an intimidating stare upon Renske, but didn't move in a threatening manner at any members of the party. "If this sugar had been mixed with the blood of the witch, everyone would have become candied, and forever immortalized upon this ground. He was but an amateur and hadn't realized this fact. I do wonder what this..Iris has to do with anything. Can you tell us more about her?"

Leaning a bit away though not completely moving, Renske finally lifted her gaze to that of Ravenwitch, her brows knitting and her hands tucking into one another wondering why she was the one being looked upon, while ears moved to Kiruku speaking.

"Great." She muttered, "Some people just don't know how to leave things alone... especially things that should be left." She knew very little of Candie Cayne herself, just bits and pieces but listening to the death knell, it didn't settle well.

"Fine." Rune replied before his gaze looked over to that of Kiruku; "An amateur is right, but the hell is the suppose of saturating my ass in sugar. I can guarantee that I am less than sweet." He was being responsive until even that of Kiruku brought up Iris. "And what serving purpose would it be if I gave you any information about her?" he became defensive to the very thing.

"Rune dear," Renske pushed herself off the ground to look at him fully, idle hands moving in and out of her hair attempting to tame the wild strands;
"Obviously with how snapping mad you become at the mere mention of her name, she is someone once important to you or is still. We are just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together and you are currently holding a piece." He wrinkled his nose; "We don't bite..." she looked to the other girls, "Well I don't... not that I'd want to bite you anyways." Her tongue poked out in disgust.

Dragging his hand down his face the heavy growl escaping through clenched teeth before he clamped the hand firmly to his one bicep.
"Iris is my mother."