The Academy of Secrets - Xythalia Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvondo was about to walk somewhere else when a student, with an incredibly loud noise, stopped him. Blinking with a frown, he turned his attention toward the student named Zeke Weston and politely accepted the card. "A-Ah..." A bit surprised by how loud the other speak he coughed to himself before grinning, "If you have to make sure you sign into the academy first by the front office right when you enter the gates. If you've already done so then I'm sure everything will be prepared inside your dorm room already." He explained briefly, with his usual smile on his face.

"I'M AFRAID I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHERE THE MAIN OFFICE IS, COULD YOU DRAW ME A MAP OR SOMETHING?" Zeke asked, "YOU SEEM TO KNOW WHATS UP, THAT'S GOOD. WOULD YOU BE OFFENDED IF I ASKED YOU SOME QUESTIONS? I'D LIKE TO KNOW A BIT ABOUT THIS SCHOOL BEFORE I START. LIKE IS THEIR A STUDENT STORE? DO I HAVE A SOLO DORM OR DO I HAVE TO SHARE IT? WHAT TIME DOES CLASSES START?" Zeke bombarded the student with question after question, in a voice that would give a small rodent a heart attack.

Alvondo suck in a deep breath as he listened the student bombarding him with questions, and hurting his ear drum with the loud voice of the other. However, he bear with it.
Pausing for a moment, he started to explain, "It's right at the entrance of the school--the office. You enter it and the very first door to your left is the door. I'm sure you can recognize that. The student store is right next to the student council room---where I just came. I don't know of you have a solo dorm or a double dorm, it's your own options and you should've chosen it at your enrollment application when you first came. Classes start differently for each student depending on your schedule, which should be in your dorm."
Alvondo let out a breath, with his usual friendly smile he asked, "Did I answer all of your questions?"

River was used to being in boring places and that meeting was horribly boring. Her father wasn't the most interesting man, probably because he was born centuries ago. River sighed and walked out of the room. Being in a room full of people just makes her uncomfortable and that is very bad. She shouldn't have stayed so long.
She wandered through the halls, trying to calm down. Failing to get under control, she ran to the nearest door outside. It seemed to be near one of the dorm buildings. She closed her eyes and let the burst of fire flow from her hands. When she it was finished, her hands were still on fire. She looked at it as it danced on her fingertips.
River sat under a nearby tree. She leaned against it and closed her eyes. When she opened them her hands were back to normal. " I need new gloves." she said as she noticed the twisting birthmarks on her hands.

"So..." Leah looks around at the room, and then at the others.

"What exactly are we going to do in here? Bake a cake?"

Ashley paused for a moment, as she tapped her temple with her index finger. These fools, I shall manipulate them all... but first I must see if I can convince them to do a simple task. Ashley spoke, "Well this is a Home-Ec class, it has all the stuff to make a cake. Say..." She looked at Leah, "Do you know how to make a cake? You look like you could make a good cake." Ashley smiled friendly at Leah. Yes, she shall become one of my many henchmen. Now I just need to continue the subtle manipulations... Ashley thought to herself, as her smile became a bit more sinister looking. Ashley shrugged, "Unless the bell rings for class of course... There would be plenty of time to make a cake."

Lou perked up. This was her chance to make friends! Or at least, to make allies. "I can make a cake!" She blurted out inappropriately. "Just... Just give me a minute." She began chanting something. From the sounds of it, it was some kind of summoning incantation, with the word "cake" coming up far more frequently than it would in the average summoning incantation. And then...

Poof. There in the middle of the room, a delicious-looking chocolate cake, decorated with some kind of strange, ethereal purple fruit. "I, uh... I made a cake. Well, summoned a cake. Eldritch Cake." She sincerely hoped that Ashley would like it.

Johnny shuffled into the room behind the others, doing his best not to loom. He failed miserably.

"Eldritch cake?" Hachi asked. "Well it certainly looks tasty."

He drew his katana, and cut the ethereal dessert into several slices. "What kind of fruit decorates it, anyways?"

"Well, that isn't what I was talking about, but sure, why not." Leah just kind of peers over the cake, working a small miracle to make sure it isn't cursed. A bit of light leaks from her hands, but that's all. Eldritch Cake... Yeah, sounded pretty sketchy. Always best to double check.

Ashley peered at Lou. Oh she is already playing into my hands... This will be a piece of cak... Did I seriously almost think of a lame pun. Ashley smiled at Lou as she clasped her hands together. "Eldritch Cake huh? Say, that was pretty neat how you did that!" she said in an overly bubbly voice. She moved closer to Lou, still smiling at her. "Say, what's your name anyway?" Ashley glanced at the Eldritch Cake, waiting to see if anyone was going to take the first bite.

The cake didn't seem to be cursed. At least, not in the traditional "Angels and demons, heaven and hell" sense. It was, however, pulsating with some variety of taint... An otherworldly essence most unfamiliar. This was to be expected, as most summoned objects came from other planes of existence... But it was certainly not a normal cake.

"I'm Louisa Buppe, but everyone calls me Lou..." she spoke timidly. She wasn't used to the attention of popular kids. "At least, that's what the coven calls me..." VERY unused to attention.

"No one? I'll just help myself." Hachi grabbed a slice, removing his faceplate.
"Not bad." he commented, taking a bite. "Chocolatey, very rich. For a second I thought I tasted meat, but that's probably just me. What are these little fruits? Plums?"

"By the Sun..." Leah mutters, while peering over the confection most foul. Her hands glow, emitting a bit more light before she finishes whatever she's doing. "Eldritch cake sounds about accurate. Why don't we make, uh... Edible cake from normal ingredients? I mean this one is nice, but it probably summons eldritch abominations or something. You really shouldn't--"

And then Hachi took a bite. Oh boy.

A loud cackling could be heard.

"FOOLS!" cried the voice, out of the darkness. "YOU DARE EAT THE TAINTED BAIT OF ERRGURUUK THE INEDIBLE?" the voice grew louder and louder, until the room became a horrid pitch black, sprouting disturbed purple appendages from the walls. Clearly, this cake was not at all what it appeared.

Ashley took intense care of studying Hachi and his reaction to the cake. Interesting indeed... I can use this. Ashley kept staring at Hachi as she returned her attention to Lou. "Great, can I call you Lou?" she asked in cheerful tone. She glanced at Leah, and spoke to her, "Well, it appeared Bee-boy liked the cake Lou made. Maybe you should try it, I mean sh-"

Ashley glanced at the cake, then back at Lou. THAT FOOL! Why I ought to! Ashley thought to herself as she turned to the cake and let out an high pitch shriek. "Oh can someone please get rid of that cake!" Let us see how this test of manipulation goes...

"A samurai eats what he pleases." Hachi said, shoving the rest of the slice into his mouth. "And no monster can tell him otherwise."

He replaced the faceplate. "Now turn the room back, before I lose my patience."

The voice became louder as Hachi ate the cake. "YOU... CONTINUE TO EAT THE LURE? CEASE THIS! YOU HAVE CONSUMED ENOUGH!" it seemed the creature was not at all pleased with the cake consumption. It almost certainly wanted it to stop.

"Somehow I have a feeling we're going to end up in detention again... Still totally not my fault." Leah just sighs, and whips out a pick of cigarettes and a lighter. She removes one from the pack and lights it, sticking it in her mouth and taking a drag. If there were any 'no smoking' signs, well, she certainly couldn't see them now.

Afterwards, Leah moves her hand to the switchblade in her back pocket. Maybe they'd have to cooperate to bring some kind of eldritch monster down?

Disme, seeing as everyone had already left, picked up Kaine and returned him to her back, She opened the detention door and begam walking out and into the hall where Alvondo and Zeke were. She stopped, scanning them both for a moment. Kaine cackled "Hey look Disme it-" Disme tugged the chain and Kaine yelped. "Alright! Geeze!" He whimpered as she watched them silently.

Status
Not open for further replies.