The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry guys... please don't use people from the show for your OC's. I think it'll just be confusing, because (if you're like me, anyways) we connect someones look to their character and their personality. Sorry, I just think it'd be easier if we refrained from using people from the show.
But, anyone else is okay! ♥

P.S- Sorry, I've been hella busy. So, I'm about to start reading all the replies since my last one, but who knows how long that will take. I'm going to shoot for getting a reply in tonight, but if I end up passing out first I'll definitely get one up tomorrow! (Oh, and Maeve will be introduced in my next post!)

Hi, I'll also have to read lots of posts until my next reply. I had lots of projects I had to finish by today. It's one of the reasons why I kept my character from interacting with others. If anyone is waiting for me to post, just tell me in advance so I can reply to that and then catch up.

Hmmm....What to do with River....

I editted my post and yes you guessed right I made her come from a military base in her bio and she's a bit different of a grounder, I can redo her completely if it doesn't work though. Also she would be known by the grounders because she would trade with them if that's alright? If not I'll change my plans on her.

Sorry for double posting - but if anyone wants to be the one who followed Benji out (or the two) let me know cause I'm going to post now and need to know if I need to address someone, some people, or a rabbit c:

Sorry for double posting - but if anyone wants to be the one who followed Benji out (or the two) let me know cause I'm going to post now and need to know if I need to address someone, some people, or a rabbit c:
Grey problay wont follow yet, hes gonna be too distracted.

• Love
Reactions: Dramma

"This world is harsh but don't let it change you."

article-1055915-0257C41D00000578-913_468x462.jpg

Name
"It's Jill, Jillian McCarthy"
Jillian McCarthy
Status
"I only trade with them"
Loner
Bio
"It all started with the fight"
Jillian was born into a cement bunker, a military base, she her mother and father always taught her about the outside and what it was like, and her mother taught her about herbs and plants, because she couldn't take her out to see them she wanted her daughter to know about them. Then when Jillian was eleven the bunker started to flood, it was flooding so fast and Jillian didn't know where her mother or father were and she was taken out. Only a couple of others were alive, and Jillian didn't like them, grief stricken Jillian ran away and found herself alone in this world. She kept her last name McCarthy as a sign of where she came.
Sexual Orientation
"I really don't mind"
Pansexual
Significant Other
"Fall in love, in this world?"
N/A
Strengths
"I've got tons"
Planting
Herbs
Cooking
Archery
Weaknesses
"You think I'm weak?"
Hand to Hand combat
Running
Swimming
Hiding
Personality
"You gotta stay kind"
Jillian is a kind person, usually trading with grounders. She is sweet and endearing but also manipulative. She will try to get as much as she can for her while ripping you off.
Markings
"Scars are being tough around here"
Scar on her lip - Skin colored cut over her bottom right lip. Received from tripping and teeth.
Burnt mark of a bird on her hip - she burnt herself with a bird shaped stone to resemble being free.
Scar on her thigh - On her left thigh about 1 inch long from when she was 11 and ran she tripped.
Weapons
"Many things but I don't use them often"
Bow - 10 Arrows.
Knife made for mainly carving wood.
Spear - Traded herbs with a grounder to heal their leader.
Sickle - Uses for her farming but can be used offensively.
Other
"I remember this one song"

"If only I had a family still."
Okay, so just a few things:

- She can trade with the grounders, but because scavengers and whatnot would have the same resources as her, and because they've lived on the island their whole lives and know where everything is, I don't see why they'd need to trade with her. I'm really only asking you not to change this because it's plausable that a certain herb could only grow on the other side of the island and grounders don't want to make that walk, or whatnot.

-Because she is a lone grounder, I would appreciate it if you added where she lives (I'm assuming it's a cave?) and how far away it is from the Grounders village, as well as perhaps the beach.

- Since you have provided a set amount of arrows she has, does this imply she does not know how to make more? If this is the case I will keep track of how many arrows she has left, as I have done for Rio's bullets.

Other than that, she looks good to me. Unless @Justice_20 has anything t add? If he doesn't, let me know when you've added her location to her bio, so that I can accept her and add her to the list :)

No I added what she has now because she is not very good at making them so usually she would like to trade for them.

I'll add where she is now

I'll take out the trading about herbs and whatnot.

@Dramma
@Brea

Some ideas for Jillian:

Since her bio says she's from a flooded underground military base, presumably that can't be THE military base (the one on this island that the 100 are supposed to find) because the people there are going to represent a common threat in the future. So: maybe Jillian is from a base on one of the other islands, or maybe even some other Pacific island. After she left, she built herself a sailboat (or maybe found one, but boat building skill and sailing could be among her advantages :) ) and sailed to the island our characters are on due to less radioactivity, fewer monsters, whatever. With her boat though, she could find places to dive for coral, pearls, and exotic seashells. This would give her trade goods that Esme's tribe might not have. If her boat has a modest cabin, it could also give her shelter and relative safety: she could sail out to sea, drop anchor, and sleep without worrying that the cannibal will get her. :) I'm picturing her sailboat as something pretty simple, like a Polynesian outrigger canoe, small enough for her to beach and launch by herself. She'd have to worry about storms though, so if The Interests of Drama call for her to be stranded later...

Also: She'd have to be really careful about cheating people and ripping them off; her trading partners are a close-knit community of fierce Warriors. Driving a hard bargain/being very good at haggling is one thing; ripping people off is something else, and it would probably get her in hot water. OTOH...possible story arc!

I have to confess, I'm also feeling the temptation to create a Lone Grounder, something along the lines of a Steampunkish sea gypsy, lol. Dunno if we really want to have any more Lone Grounders in the game though. "Esme, what do you mean your tribe is outnumbered by 'solitary people?' I call BS! Sounds like a way to get plausible deniability!" :)

• Love
Reactions: Dramma and Brea
@Lucian , from now on, I am going to request that you use your characters name (Sam or Stalker, whichever) at lease once in every post. It's very annoying to have to look at the character list to know who "He" is.

@Dramma
@Brea

Some ideas for Jillian:

Since her bio says she's from a flooded underground military base, presumably that can't be THE military base (the one on this island that the 100 are supposed to find) because the people there are going to represent a common threat in the future. So: maybe Jillian is from a base on one of the other islands, or maybe even some other Pacific island. After she left, she built herself a sailboat (or maybe found one, but boat building skill and sailing could be among her advantages :) ) and sailed to the island our characters are on due to less radioactivity, fewer monsters, whatever. With her boat though, she could find places to dive for coral, pearls, and exotic seashells. This would give her trade goods that Esme's tribe might not have. If her boat has a modest cabin, it could also give her shelter and relative safety: she could sail out to sea, drop anchor, and sleep without worrying that the cannibal will get her. :) I'm picturing her sailboat as something pretty simple, like a Polynesian outrigger canoe, small enough for her to beach and launch by herself. She'd have to worry about storms though, so if The Interests of Drama call for her to be stranded later...

Also: She'd have to be really careful about cheating people and ripping them off; her trading partners are a close-knit community of fierce Warriors. Driving a hard bargain/being very good at haggling is one thing; ripping people off is something else, and it would probably get her in hot water. OTOH...possible story arc!

I have to confess, I'm also feeling the temptation to create a Lone Grounder, something along the lines of a Steampunkish sea gypsy, lol. Dunno if we really want to have any more Lone Grounders in the game though. "Esme, what do you mean your tribe is outnumbered by 'solitary people?' I call BS! Sounds like a way to get plausible deniability!" :)
YOU ARE SO FUCKING CREATIVE! Seriously, do you ever run out of ideas?
I love this, cause then @Dramma could keep the trading part of her character, and she's also have a home like none of the other lone grounders would. So, @Dramma if you want to go with this idea, I certainly have no problem with it. Just as long as the boat isn't too fancy.

Haha, yeah, you could make a lone grounder if you really want to, but at this point we have so many that I don't think we need anymore. At least until the ones we have are established and have a good place in the roleplay.

• Love
Reactions: Dramma
@Dramma
@Brea

Some ideas for Jillian:

I really love this idea you wouldn't mind if I used it? I also am taking the manipulative part out because yeah you're right maybe not wanting tribes of people attacking me.

@Brea what about this obviously more beat up though [spoili]
sparrow-closeup-small.JPG
[/spoili]

"This world is harsh but don't let it change you."

article-1055915-0257C41D00000578-913_468x462.jpg

Name
"It's Jill, Jillian McCarthy"
Jillian McCarthy
Status
"I only trade with them"
Loner
Bio
"It all started with the fight"
Jillian was born into a cement bunker, a military base, she her mother and father always taught her about the outside and what it was like, and her mother taught her about herbs and plants, because she couldn't take her out to see them she wanted her daughter to know about them. Then when Jillian was eleven the bunker started to flood, it was flooding so fast and Jillian didn't know where her mother or father were and she was taken out. Only a couple of others were alive, and Jillian didn't like them, grief stricken Jillian ran away and found herself alone in this world. Jillian wound up on the coast years later running from animals and found an old sailboat [spoili]
sparrow-closeup-small.JPG
[/spoili] she sailed into the water and soon found herself asleep and woke up near an island, she sailed to the island. She started to free dive, and practiced over years she is able to hold her breathe for a while, using old goggles found in the boat she gathers pearls and coral and other knick knacks from the coral reef. She usually lives out on her boat anchored but sometimes will dock in cave, it's not the safest but it's better to be in there when a storm hit although she's not the best at predicting storms.
Sexual Orientation
"I really don't mind"
Pansexual
Significant Other
"Fall in love, in this world?"
N/A
Strengths
"I've got tons"
Sailing
Swimming
Diving
Plants
Weaknesses
"You think I'm weak?"
Hand to Hand combat
Running
Hiding
Personality
"You gotta stay kind"
Jillian is a kind person, She is sweet and endearing and will do mostly anything to protect someone though.
Markings
"Scars are being tough around here"
Scar on her lip - Skin colored cut over her bottom right lip. Received from tripping and teeth.
Burnt mark of a bird on her hip - she burnt herself with a bird shaped stone to resemble being free.
Scar on her thigh - On her left thigh about 1 inch long from when she was 11 and ran she tripped.
Weapons
"Many things but I don't use them often"
Knife made for mainly carving wood.
Spear, used in diving mainly.
Net, used for diving to not touch anything directly.
Other
"I remember this one song"

"If only I had a family still."
Great! She accepted! ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.