That Butler's Official 1x1 Search

I'd prefer for you to make the first post. We can easily start with your character waking up in an unfamiliar room, or we can actually roleplay out the kidnapping. Up to you. Also, medieval-esque setting okay with you?

Do you mean like, villages and the like? No guns. A king as ruler?

Also, I'll be fine with posting first but it'll probably be tomorrow after my classes in the morning. I'm heading to bed soon because my first class is 9am. I'm also still working out the website so forgive me if I screw up a thread somehow haha.

Villages. Some small cities. No guns. Monarchy as the established government. Most high-tech form of travel is by horse-drawn carriage. That sort of thing. Though since some humans have special abilities, we can wing some modern-esque things. Like having running water because a water-manipulator cast a spell on it, and those kinds of things. Mainly, indoor plumbing would be possible, if someone maintains it. So most places wouldn't have it, but a city would. Or any other place that has a large number of people with special talents. Like this guild.

I got it. I'll start on a post an all now. Do I just create a thread and link you then?

Hi, there. I'm new to this website, so I'm not really sure how to request a roleplay with you. Should I send a PM?
I'm interested in the Assassin x Assassin-in-training story. Do you have a specific setting/plot in mind?

Edit: Oops! I see you have already started a roleplay with the pairing I wanted. In that case, would you be willing to do a Master x Apprentice situation, focused on a different art?

I'm pretty much always up for doing another Assassin x Assassin-in-Training plot. I have enough variations that can be used to make it interesting for me. Though would you want to do it as a MxF or as a MxM plot?

Oh, great!
I guess I'd prefer MxF, since I don't have as much experience with playing guys. If you want, though, I'd be willing to try either.

Okay. I could do MxF, I suppose. How do you feel about vampires? Since I have a new-ish plot that I could try out for this involving a vampire assassin.

Popular Student x Social Outcast
Teacher x Student

I like to do M X F. D:

@ Eko - Basically, my character would be a vampire assassin (as per the vampire version presented in the game Vampire the Masquerade). Yours would start off as being human, and after our characters meet/stuff happens, your character would be turned into a vampire by mine. That doesn't need to happen right away. It could be put off until a little ways into the roleplay. But after your character is turned, then my character would take on the role of teaching you to be an assassin like him. (Alternatively, a different vampire could turn you due to storyline events. It depends on where we want to go with this.)

@ Severusx - I prefer those two pairings in MxM versions, but I could probably do Popular Student x Social Outcast as a MxF, if they're college-age.

That sounds good to me! Just a few clarifying questions: How do our characters know each other? What is the setting? (I can share some ideas if you want, but it seems like you've got this figured out.)

I'm not familiar with the game Vampire the Masquerade, so I have a few questions about that, too: Do people in that universe know about vampires? What is the process of becoming one? Do you want to do the whole clans/bloodlines thing, or were you just referring to how your character will look?

@ Eko - The characters would meet at the start of the roleplay, so they don't yet know each other. The setting would be modern, in a city. People in that universe generally do not know about vampires. Some have their suspicions, but vampires tend not to advertise that they exist. In fact, revealing what you are to humans is a crime. The process of becoming one involves having all of your blood drained by a vampire, then the vampire feeds you some of its blood. The process itself is called the Embrace, and it's not successful 100% of the time. I would want to do the clans/bloodlines thing, but that's something your character can learn about as we go along. I don't have any problems having my character explain everything to yours when the time is right.

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification. I'm so excited to start!
This is my first roleplay on Iwaku, so please bear with me if I'm a little clueless. Should I make a character profile, or just figure things out as we go along?

We can figure things out as we go along.

I was hoping you'd say that. Would you mind making the first post so that I can try to fit myself into the story better?

Sure, but it'll have to wait a few hours or so.