Terra Magica [PostApoc/Magitech Sci-fi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hellis I'm not trying to say that you'll write everything about our characters. I'm just trying to get confirmation on whether or not you're doing a second person point of view for the introduction into the roleplay. Sorry if I'm confusing you. If you need an example of what I'm talking about, I can give you one.

• Name: Thandie Holt
    Appearance:
    Her peppered hair, prematurely greying, was pulled back into tightly wrapped dreads and secured to keep it from falling about in her work. Her eyes were a dark brown, sharp and judgmental, haloed by features as sharp as her eyes. Across her sienna skin a myriad of tattoo's told of stories, allegiances, losses. She wasn't of exaggerated height, 5'8", but her mannerisms and stance often reflected a large stature into people's memories. Her figure would be described as hour glass, though never out loud. She normally wore cargo pants and sleeveless shirts and rarely put much effort into her appearance.
    rDoH4ZY.jpg
    Biography:
    Thandie was born 13 years after the Crystal's fell. Life was still intensely unfavorable for the slow weak human race that was only now building the 'immunities' required to survive in this world and her Township was unaware of the emergence of the safer City State's. They lived in a small Township titled after the Coastal region that they nestled against; The Lost Coast. Approximately 100 families made up the loose township. A governing body had been established in an old Spanish Fort that whispered secrets of others who survived an unknown world. There was comfort in the relics of the past. The people of this town had turned to religion in an effort to placate themselves. Though it was not the same Christian God of the past, but rather a more vengeful and angry God that the children were raised to worship and to seek for truth. Thandie was no different than the others and still, to this day, she clings to the talisman of Cryst in times of trouble.

Perhaps it was their faith that made them appear weak. Perhaps it was the unarmed children and women. The Township had little for means of weaponry and was almost purely focused on farming and defending their land from the monsters that occasionally crept to their walls. They were not prepared to defend against men. When a group of about 20 arrived they were greeted with open arms and only a few skeptical glances. Most of the Township residents had never met someone new. They embraced the new arrivals and did what they could to help them with their strained resources. Their cruelty came slow, almost unnoticeable at first, as if they were aware they could assimilate these people into their belief of self-importance. By the time the men were ruling over the town, taking what they wanted and offering nothing in return, it was too late for the people to cast them out.

They were wrong to fear the monsters of the world when the monsters of their own minds were so much more terrifying.

At the age of 9 she fled. A few of the parents and town elders gathered as many supplies and weapons as they could and sent their progeny away late in the night. This act would haunt her until the day she died. She would shoot up out of bed at night dripping with sweat as the images of her family and friends flashed like a macabre photo album, for while the children survived, the township did not. They found Ambrosia and the skeptical and downtrodden group slowly assimilated into this new life. Thandie became obsessed with control and understanding. She studied hard and soon earned an apprenticeship in engineering. She was consumed with weaponry and the physics of crystal interaction.

When she turned 19 she decided to head home, back to the Lost Coast in an attempt to bring her friends and family to Ambrosia. 5 of the other children from the Lost Coast accompanied her; 3 of which had become soldiers,1 a cartographer and another engineer. The other engineer happened to be her husband. He was a sturdy, level headed man with a quiet and contemplative disposition. Their journey was unnervingly calm and the now adults seemed happy. They laughed and talked, shared stories over a dinner fire and imagined how happy their families would be to see them. Thandie was so different then. She smiled, she nuzzled her head against the shoulder of her man, she took in the chipper laughs of her comrades and she had hope.

No one would ever be sure what happened on that trip, besides those present. Of the 6 that ventured out there only 4 returned and no words were said in explanation. They were quarantined and grilled about the adventure, grilled about the loss of a Ambrosia citizens, but to no avail. Thandie's husband grew more and more introverted, rarely speaking to anyone. He stopped leaving the confines of his dormitory, he stopped looking at Thandie. Her presence was a reminder of something terrible, something that it seemed none of them were capable of dealing with. They separated before a year had passed.

It had been almost 20 years since then and her personality is still shaped by a unimaginable ghost that clawed through her moods and decisions. A sickness that motivated her and hardened her. She did not remarry, or ever finalize her divorce for that matter. She passed on motherhood and has a handful of friends, though even they are more like casual acquaintances. She became an exceptional engineer, highly acclaimed for her work on theoretical weaponry in Ambrosia. She was on the team that developed the first prototype for the gravity shock; a heavy disc-like object that could be used to eliminate and then activate gravity in a specified field. It is still a prototype but they have high hopes for its use in disabling larger creatures if they can ever stabilize the field of influence.

• Main Attribute:
    Mind

Subattributes:
    Intelligence
    Dexterity
    Resourceful (custom)

Archetype: Engineer

Skills:
    Technology – Weaponry
    Knowledge –Crystals
    Repairs
    Maintenance
    Weapons – Side arms
    Knowledge – Physics
    Intimidation

• Weapons:
    -Modified 9MM hand gun with varying bullets
    -Working on x-ray scope that uses the teleporting crystal technology to capture images and relay them back to the scope view. Currently inoperative.

Equipment:
    -Multimeter – measures voltage, current & resistance
    -Oscilloscope
    -Spectrum Analyzers
    -Welder/Mini-torch
    -Crystal Converter Battery Jump
    -Temperature/Energy Absorbing Gloves
    -Varying Magnitude Scope
    -Pliers, Screwdrivers, Zip ties, Wire Cutters (various sizes)
    -Advanced Situational Reader & Analyzer – A.S.R.A. – original design created prior to Crystal Fall but adapted by scientists within Ambrosia. A.S.R.A.'s have many different functions but this one is specifically modified to analyze damage/flaws in weaponry and offer solutions. It's programming is mostly made up of a compendium of calculators; math, physics and theoretical formulas. A.S.R.A. is about the size of Thandie's palm; built like a spider so that each of its arms functions with a different gauge. Has the ability to self-repair. (on a side note, ASRA is possibly Thandie's best friend.)

@Hellis I'm not trying to say that you'll write everything about our characters. I'm just trying to get confirmation on whether or not you're doing a second person point of view for the introduction into the roleplay. Sorry if I'm confusing you. If you need an example of what I'm talking about, I can give you one.
I am a bit confused yes. But its kinda switching between I suppose. TO show you a excerpt from the post.

Then people would begin to build barricades that grew in palisades that in turn grew in to high and suddenly you have another, integrated part of the city. Real estate for the post Fall economy, dreams built on fragile soil on the edge of a town that stands defiant. This is where our story begins, and fatefull group of people are about to start a journey of their own. For whatever reason, you lot find yourself in the vicinity of the South gates, were the Ambrosian Authority is signing people up for the expedition south.

@Hellis Okay, thank you for the confirmation. Once again, sorry for the confusion.

Also, I'll be holding off for a few, creating a character from scratch. I'm finding it hard to adapt my character and mold her into this universe. I won't be making a mage anymore, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grif, Drago, Foxxie and Hellis? I must have died and gone to RP heaven. ^.^; Hellis I'll be sending in my CS in about an hour.
It's going to be one hell of a wild ride.

I can't wait.

Pink. I generally find it better to start frim scratch. Its actually a lot less work ^^

Hellis, I am going to throw a bare-as-bones first attempt at a CS. Be ready to catch!

Oh, I might not be able to post for a couple of days. My laptop is about to die and my charger is busted, so I'll post when the new one comes in the mail.

• Name: Simone Freeman
    Appearance: A 5'9 tall woman with a rather lithe build, the result of a high metabolism. Her rebellious curls fall slightly below her shoulders when loose, but is more often bound. She is commonly wears practical outfits for an active lifestyle, making her dress-code look more like an athlete's than your typical mage's.

Biography:

A black light shall break through the sky
    The vortex of primeval chaos will descend
    God shall be sucked into His box
    And mother nature will reclaim her feral reign

Aether bestows rain upon us
    To wake slumbering monsters sealed deep in the earth
    The birth of the death of an age
    Gives rise to the pandemonium of anarchy

2049, this poem was submitted to a school paper in San Francisco. It was not published, but preserved in an archive within the building. When the city burned, this archive was somehow spared from the terror and the flames. When after the second month of the apocalypse, the archives were discovered, this insignificant poem was also found... And began a life of it's own as a prophecy.

The writer was a certain Casey Donald Miller, although his life had been claimed by the events. His fifteen year old life became a legacy, which in turn became a fertile ground for occult. In a world where humanity craves for answers, an explanation was found in his work. A small group of shard-heads and relatives turned to obsession in their desperation for knowledge, seeking for signs in the remnants of Casey's life and art. Meanings were forged, works created, and a small hundred people devoted their livelihoods to the power of magic and the memoires of Casey Donald Miller.

Fast forward twenty years, the Pandemonium had become an influential voice of mages, but a reclusive organisation that forbid it's members contact with the outside world. Born into it's circles, Simone Freeman made her first appearance in Ambrosia on 5 September 2071. She would lead a confined life until her childhood. She would not see much of the outside world until she turned nineteen; the day the thunderbird was struck down. It spelled the end of the cult's dictatorship over the mnds of it's members, whom had once religiously believed only the power gained from crystals could provide for them and that anarchy was to be embraced.

Simone, though taught in the arcane for her life's worth, was too swept up in the Pandemonium's small revolution. A younger generation fought itself free from the once absolute grip of the Pandemonium. Ambrosia would have to welcome forty-seven youngsters with strange powers and peculiar education in it's homes. Simone was one of them. She would find work as a maid for a doctor in the city, but soon found herself as his apprentice instead and would become akin a daughter to the man. Besides being taught in medicine, she was also taught in armed combat.

With these skills under her belt, Simone would find herself volunteering to walk the road to the Red Crystal Summit, as a field medic, mage and markswoman. Her motivation being to put her abilities to good use and to share the goodwill that had been shown to her by her adoptive father to the remains of the city once was known as Los Angeles.
  • Main Attribute: Intelligence
    Sub-attributes:
    • Focus
    • Mental Fortitude
    • Dexterity
    Archetype: Mage
    Class Skills:
    • Knowledge; Magic
    • Arcane Talent
    • Sense Magic
    • Knowledge; Crystals
    • Weapon: Rifle training
    • Field Medic
    • Knowledge: Herbalism
    • Space-time crystal shard: A much searched for crystal with the versatile magic ability to accelerate and decelerate. However, that hardly scratches the potential of it's rumoured abilities...
    • M16 Assault Rifle: A standard issue fire-arm. While no modifications were made to it, the weapon is reliable enough for it's intended purposes.
    • 5.56×45mm ammunition: Because whacking someone with a rifle isn't that effective.
    • Multi-purpose knife: Survival rule #1: can't leave home without one.
    • Medkit: From disinfectant to bone-saw. This kit is meant for heavy duty injuries that come with the line of work of soldiers and hunters, or mages overwhelmed by their own power.
    • Mortar and Pestle: Do it yourself apothecary kit, provided the materials can be found for it.

Reactions: Noxious

• Name: Jennifer 'Jaina' Hunt

Appearance: Standing at a tall six foot three and weighing in a fairly impressive two-hundred and ten pounds of wiry muscle, Jennifer is a Caucasian woman with long blonde hair, blue eyes and a big, bright smile. Hailing from the region just west of the Texan wasteland, she seems to serve as a paragon for everything that you might expect from the region, before Crystal fall. She seemingly lacks any distinguishing scars or wounds and only has a few minor scratches, despite the fact that she so often gets into the thick of the fray.

In general, Jennifer prefers to wear clothes for comfort. Jeans, loose shirts, tank tops and the like are all a part of her wardrobe on an ever shifting basis. The only consistency in her attire is a long, tacky leather duster. She keeps her hair mostly controlled in a ponytail that hangs down to the small of her back. She is nearly constantly seen chewing gum of some sorts, which gives her mouth the appearance of constantly moving, as if she was talking.

Biography: Jennifer was born on the road, a child of two caravaneers who roamed the central Americas in a large nomadic community. Her father was a rough and gruff Texan with military service and a reputation for hunting down all the nastiness of the new world. Her mother was a scientist, who seemed to spend most of her time embroiled in researching the only thing that really mattered: the crystals.

The caravan had made it to the shattered remnants of the Arizona desert by the time that Jennifer was born. She was taught the basics of survival and life by various members of the caravan, who had a variety of teachers, merchants and scientists in the vast group. Indeed, it was her father who oversaw the protection and safety of the caravan: and he began passing on his skill at hunting, fishing and tracking to his only child from as soon as she could walk.

Sadly, in the early years of the Crystal fall, when Magitech was still a fledgling concept and crystals were still unknown, Jennifer's mother passed away after an experiment with raw crystal. The loss of her mother affected her, but it affected her father and the caravan even more. Soon enough, members of the caravan started to drift away and Jennifer's father became a lot less social. From here, the caravan's comradery started to dissolve.

Jennifer grew up in the caravan, loyal to her father but a little jaded with the other members of the group. With so many of them either leaving or griping to or about her father, she couldn't help but feel the gulf between her family and the other nomads widening.

At the age of Twenty, Jennifer started to go about as a scout for the caravan, locating towns and spotting trouble before the caravan stumbled upon it. Her father's age had caught up with him, and she had taken up some of the slack his entropy had left. When the group's supplies were looking particularly grim one night, she left to find any nearby slice of civilization. What she found instead was a life-altering individual: A woman of roughly her age, under attack by a viciously mutated pack of dogs.

Perhaps because of her more noble side, or perhaps because of her own little spark of rebellion and adventure, Jennifer defended the woman: taking out a number of the dogs from afar. Before long though, the last of the mutated dogs turned to attack her, and she would likely have been killed if not for a spear which pierced through its jaw. The spear seemingly came out of nowhere, but the dog was dead, and Jennifer was not.

It turns out the spear had been thrown by the woman Jennifer had 'saved' and who was in fact out of the desert in order to test out a new piece of tech, namely the spear itself. The woman introduced herself as Clara, and explained that she was an inventor of sorts: An engineer who had started tinkering with the concept of Magitech. Jennifer was fascinated, and agreed to guide Clara back to her home town, if only because she was vastly interested in both the weapon and the woman.

She stayed the night in the town, spending most of the time speaking with Clara about their respective lives. When she woke up the next morning, she told Clara she'd be back in a few hours with her caravan.

Sadly, her choice to stay the night was a costly one. In the night, her group had been the target of a raider attack, and though the nomadic group had come off better than the raiders, there had been a single casualty. Her father died a few minutes before she returned, and Jennifer was left alone in the world for the first time.

The caravan gave her no time to mourn, as it was painfully obvious that she was the only one capable enough to look after the caravan, now that her father was gone. She also knew that the nomads were not her family, and she had minimal obligations to them as a guardian.

In the end, she agreed to lead the caravan to the town: Not out of a need to protect them as a guardian, but as the deeds of a good human being. She led them through the stretch of desert and arrived at the town, just as she'd promised Clara. The caravan integrated itself into the town, and Jennifer went to Clara, the only person she had any connection to. The fledgling friendship became vastly important, as Jennifer confided in and mourned the loss of her father with the support of Clara. Soon the two were an inseparable pair, sparking a number of rumours that may or may not have had some basis in reality.

So for a few years, Clara and Jennifer called the little town in the desert home. Jennifer honed her skills as both a hunter and a merchant; seemingly, she had become the town's unofficial sheriff too, thanks to her silver tongue and her skills with a weapon. It was during this time that she adopted some of Clara's crazy inventions: Including the spear that had once saved her life. The spear was now in its second prototype, and came with a pretty nifty gauntlet, too.

While in the town, both Clara and Jennifer felt a similar longing for more. They resented the small scale of the town, which was in truth nothing more than a shanty of run down ruins and a few tents, put up by the nomads Jennifer once called family. It wasn't until a wanderer came through the town that Jennifer and Clara found a purpose. They heard the first mention of Ambrosia: A city to the west that sounded too good to be true. The two women very quickly decided to leave the town and head for Ambrosia, together.

And so the pair left the town, and headed west. The two rode on Clara's latest invention, a crystal powered hover-bike that, despite chewing through crystals like candy, was incredibly useful for getting through the landscape unphased. The two made various detours on the journey: be it visiting towns, or hunting monsters, or simply taking time for them. They became Jennifer's halcyon days: of a simpler time, when she had been allowed to freely be herself, and indulge in her own little fantasy.

But again, it seems that Jennifer was doomed to solitude. In the last few hundred miles to Ambrosia, Clara started to develop very strange symptoms. She constantly complained of pains, or headaches, and she suffered from very painful hot flashes or cold flushes. Confused, Jennifer hurried to get the two to Ambrosia, where there might be some cure for this impossible ailment that had suddenly befallen Clara.

The woman passed a day out from Ambrosia, having suffered from a strange crystal sickness, brought about by exposure to raw crystal. The woman had been secretly experimenting with the stuff, much to Jennifer's despair. To think that the woman she'd travelled with, and trusted so much, had kept such a huge secret from her was disheartening.

And so, with no real purpose left and with a rather hefty hole in her heart: Jennifer settled on reaching Ambrosia, and on dedicating herself to her arts. She had her weapon, and she was surrounded by a region with numerous monsters: Monsters with pelts and meats that could be sold. She arrived in Ambrosia with the carcass of a fearsome looking Lion-like creature on the back of the hover bike, and soon enough, she began to make a name for herself as a skilled, if not reckless, hunter.

• Archtype - Monster Hunter

Taught everything she knows about hunting and fighting by her father, Jennifer managed to further harness her skills through years of hunting and protecting the nomadic family that her father and mother brought together. After her father's death, she changed the direction of her Hunter's art through the adaptation of her skills and the inclusion of Clara's technology to her arsenal.

Attributes

Main Attribute - Body: A hunter before a thinker, Jennifer took more after her father than her mother.

Sub AttributesStrength & Focus: With a focus on her spear, she has learned to swing her weapon harder, stronger and faster than most other people would think possible, considering her form. That and the fact that she spends a lot of the day hunting monsters and carrying the meat or hide to her Hoverbike means she needs a fair bit of muscle.

Speaking of hunting, there are few things that require more focus than stalking a wild beast that could rip you apart with poisoned claws the size of a sedan door.

Unique AttributeCharismatic Force: Able to charm the shoes off of a firewalker, Jennifer gains a bonus when talking to people, and attempting to make them see things in her way.

Skills
    Archtype Skills - Tracking
    Knowledge; Beast
    Weapon (Spears)
    Survival

Specialisation Skills - Haggling
    Appraisal
    Social

• Weapon; Mk II Crystaline Velocity Spear, The Hot Shot – Sometimes referred to as the 'Hot Shit', this weapon is a design hand crafted for Jennifer by her one-time travel partner-turned-sexual liaison. It is a unique Magitech weapon that harnesses the power of two twinned electron crystals. The crystals seem to bear a uniquely powerful polarity connection, which allows the spear and a specialised gauntlet to turn on and off a pseudo magnetic connection. In lame-man's terms, Jennifer can use her gauntlet to fire out the Spear at an incredible pace, cannoned by the polarity of the crystals to fire out a rail-gun-esqe projectile. This can then be followed up by pulling the weapon back through the same pair of crystals. The spear itself is fairly unremarkable: A sturdy metal shaft tipped with a crystal tip that uses a potent fire crystal.

Equipment and Gear: Mk IV Armoured Polarity Gauntlet, The Cold Shoulder - Bearing the second half of the gemini crystal used in The Hot Shot, the gauntlet serves both as a functional piece of armour and as the control part of Jennifer's weapon. The gauntlet goes up to her shoulder on her right arm, and it made of a sturdy metal, much like the spear. It has few defining features other than a number of blue crystals running up the length of the gauntlet, and a much larger grey crystal on the back of the hand.

The Broncho – A crystal operated Hover bike, Jennifer travels around mostly on this quick piece of mechanised wonder. It runs silently, smoothly and swiftly, although it requires time to charge itself between long rides, and it has the constitution of a wet paper bag. Getting into fights on the Broncho is never a good plan, as there is no doubt in Jennifer's mind that the bike would get its ass broken by the mere sight of some of the creatures she hunts on a regular basis. One other weakness of the hover bike is how quickly it eats through crystals. It is amazing to think what Clara might have been able to do with this piece of tech, where she still around.

The Saddlebags – A pair of Magitech carry cases that attach to the side of the Broncho. Using crystal technology, The Saddlebags lighten the weight of themselves by releasing light pushes against the ground at regular, rapid intervals.

Binoculars – Good ol' fashion binoculars can save a girl's life while hunting. Especially when those binoculars have thermal, night vision and motion tracking modes to help find the beasties even easier.

Smart Watch – Because nothing says 'I love you' like an over-sized wrist computer: complete with basic functionality like calculators, compasses, a calendar and a communication feature that works through radio. Sadly, Clara had the other half of that radio communicator, but the rest is still highly usable...Does not come in any colours other than gun metal grey, much to Jennifer's chagrin.

Reactions: Noxious
Dear everyone. Post-app magic land is a terrible place for romance it appears. Who would have guessed!

Dear everyone. Post-app magic land is a terrible place for romance it appears. Who would have guessed!
We just had to make sure everyone was single before the RP starts.

We just had to make sure everyone was single before the RP starts.
So that some of us can try to love again and so more tragic death-do-us-part's may occur over the course of the RP?

I like this already.

This is where Alfonso makes many passes on all the ladies and fails massively. XD

@Hellis Are you planning on closing this after a certain number of people join? I've realized that I won't be able to post a character as fast as I'd like, due to schooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.