Terra Magica [PostApoc/Magitech Sci-fi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be entirely adverse to that. It depends on it is done. Magitech is pretty straight forward, it taps into a crystals power and natural force. I imagine he has some rare crystals for, ones that relate to sound or something equally difficult to find. Subsonic frequencies perhaps?

Perhaps the kinetic energies found in the vibrations of air en-which all sound comes from, radio waves. A crystal which enhances very precise kinetic energy, allowing it to be enhanced, more alluring for example. Would he still be able to conduct alchemy? That's science, not magic after all.

Depends on what you mean with alchemy. Alchemy isn't considered proper science at all. Its a philosphical approach to science in pursuit of imortality. IF you were planning being fantasy style alchemy it would not really work that way. If you meant he did actual chemistry and stuff like that, then yes. Albeit, who fucking know what happens when you apply chemistry to ground up magical mcguffin crystyals!

Also, You made me realize I lacked a scientist Archtype!

And the kinetic energy of the string would be cool. Perhaps he can "harden sound" make the energy vibrate at different frequenices for cool effect. I do allow some rule of cool after all ;D.

I mean the actual alchemy which lead to chemistry today, the study of creating drugs, potions and ultimately the attempt to turn things into gold. He would mainly just be making potions and poisons.

Oh. Yes. Well, seeing how there is actual chemistry and science, the alchemy is archaic art nobody refers to as such anymore. It was steeped in occultism after all. But in your case, he would be a guy who know about differnt plants and minerals and their effects and such lik, yes? That is fine, the world if full of all sorts of new plants and creatures after all. He'll have plenty of discovery ahead of him as it is.

This seems interesting, I do have a Archtype in mind. A cross between Tamer and Mage, but in return they're slightly weaker than their counterparts.

The Archtype is able to use magic to tame the new beasts, but the magic is largely focused on the taming part rather than other parts. Taming the beast will take longer as I am assuming that these new creatures might have magic resistance of some kind.

I would seriusly suggest just taking the Tamer and have magitech tools specified for animals.

The magic specifically states that using magic raw is something that needs your full attention. There is no leeway to bend that particular rule as its a corner stone in how everything work. A magve cannot allow halfassing even the slightest. The magic would eat him or her up, turn her into another shardhead or worse.

Magic, is a living, dangerous entity on its own. The mystery of the crystals is still not understood: We, humanity, use machines to safely utilize it. It specifically and very obviusly illustrate that mages are far between and needs focus and diciplin most people are unable to muster. Now, If perhaps a tamer use some sort of magitech device to aid her,that is fine. Do not try so hard to shoehorn mages into your archtype. This is Sci-fi as much as it is Fantasy if not more.

I would seriusly suggest just taking the Tamer and have magitech tools specified for animals.
The magic specifically states that using magic raw is something that needs your full attention. There is no leeway to bend that particular rule as its a corner stone in how everything work. A magve cannot allow halfassing even the slightest. The magic would eat him or her up, turn her into another shardhead or worse.
Magic, is a living, dangerous entity on its own. The mystery of the crystals is still not understood: We, humanity, use machines to safely utilize it. It specifically and very obviusly illustrate that mages are far between and needs focus and diciplin most people are unable to muster. Now, If perhaps a tamer use some sort of magitech device to aid her,that is fine. Do not try so hard to shoehorn mages into your archtype. This is Sci-fi as much as it is Fantasy if not more.
Alright, thanks for the info. I did read the intro and it did appear harnessing the crystals in its raw form could drive someone insane if they are not careful and even small portions require great care as it would drive someone to addiction. I just thought it would be cool to have a Tamer/Magic Archtype, but eh. I'm going with a Tamer.

As for the Tamer, would it be alright if he has a pet? If so, what kind of animals are allowed?

Of course it would be! Really. If you can think of a cool, fantasy and not totally overpowered creature that you feel is fairly easy to domesticate. Do it.

You have a muted fauna, so there you know 'Dire' animals aswell as warped things that probably started out as a old earth animal before the magic. A population of foxes might have turned into something similair to Carbunkles per examble. Complete with a magic crystal growin on their forehead!

Oooh, the freedom of choice. Dragons would be out of the question as they can rip entire armies apart unless they've been downgrade or its a baby one. Loss Monsters are also out of the question as well. Hmmm, perhaps a 'magic' dog/cow or something akin to a griffin would be more in the possible mix.

Note when I say magic, I don't mean anything overpowered such as creating tornadoes.

I hate playing similar characters. *&^#. Post it up so I can make my tamer the opposite of yours.

EDIT: Or I will just go engineer. We don't have one yet?

I don't think we have anyone who has signed up yet.

Oooh, the freedom of choice. Dragons would be out of the question as they can rip entire armies apart unless they've been downgrade or its a baby one. Loss Monsters are also out of the question as well. Hmmm, perhaps a 'magic' dog/cow or something akin to a griffin would be more in the possible mix.
Note when I say magic, I don't mean anything overpowered such as creating tornadoes.
ALSO. I'm going to make a mix of a deathclaw and a hound dog. I call them Devriks. I'm definitely bringing them into this RP.

Afformentioned carbunkle? >:3. I really need to make a beastiary section in the opening post. I keep realizing there are large chunks missing from when I first wrote this idea up. For the record, there be dragons. YOu don't fuck with the dragons. They are flying fortresses worth of armor with magic up the arse. Also rare, due to their sheer size. And lazy buggers, becouse dragons.

A magic cow.... Methane Crystal? XD. You can be creative, you seem level enough. Plus point if he has worked with domesticating things like cows for the settlement aswell. Beasts of burdens are usefull even when you have magic machines.

Also, how long has it been such the crystals fell?

I also need to add a gosh darn timeline. Ugh. i suck. Hold on. Its been 30 years give or take a few.

Well, that kinda sucks such I was planning on making a Tamer-based family who gave their young ones a tamed beast to help them train as a tamer. I just have to go with the flow.

Edit: Looked at the Archtypes and it would appear that the Merchant one is missing. I'm just pointing this out in case anyone wants to Rp as a Merchant.

I could honestly have it gone longer since the Fall. I am still unsure. At first I was gonna make it a recent, really recent event. But then I thought better of it. I do think, 50 years? That way your char can easily been born into a family of tamers. And it also gives people leeway and allows for more sensibly intergrated charachters in general. It also makes sense tech wise, with the magi tech and emergance of Mages.

We'll do that then. I honestly gonna sit down and tidy things up a little more. Add some clarification on Magery, timeline, beasts and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.