Terra Magica [PostApoc/Magitech Sci-fi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. Yeah.Delete that. Tidy it up, elaborate on absolutely everything. Even for a WIP that is incredibly lazy looking. Post pictures in Spoilers. Send it to me in a PM. Reread my rules.

Not to be rude, but it sets of alarm bells when people ignore my rules.

Kudos on going for a person of middle eastern looks and name though. Everyone always play asian or white. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Um. Yeah.Delete that. Tidy it up, elaborate on absolutely everything. Even for a WIP that is incredibly lazy looking. Post pictures in Spoilers. Send it to me in a PM. Reread my rules.
Not to be rude, but it sets of alarm bells when people ignore my rules.
Kudos on going for a person of middle eastern looks and name though. Everyone always play asian or white. :P
Sorry about that. Must have missed the rules and I'll clean it up.

Also, why does your beast tamer have so little in the ways of specific gear for taming, containing and catching animals, and no less then 4 weapons? You are not playing a soldier.

Yeah, going to have to agree. I'll rework the app.

Remember; There is no rush. You are the first to actually show me anything in the way of a application. Just take your time.

Reserving a spot here for my characters ^^.

Will get to work on them ASAP.

[/tab][/tabs]

CHARACTER SHEET.

• Name; Rob Lombard

Age;42

Appearence;

Rob is not exactly what you would call a pretty face. Rob is a hunter, and like all hunters, he has scars. More scars then he has unharmed tissue in some places in fact. Fang marks, wounds from talons and massive scratches from claws. Rob is a patchwork of past confrontations at this point. His body is that of a man with a irregular diet, he has muscle, but also some extra weight. Nothing that would slow him down or be downright unhealthy, but he does live in large parts on a diet of meat from his kills. His face is a little less scared, but you wouldn't know. He has a beard, black and not all clean that covers most of it. His eyes eyes are blue, startlingly so. They shine amongst the grime and tanned, scarred skin. He is always seen wearing a thick duster, a widebrimmed hat and the sturdies of clothes. Regardless of weather. Becouse of this, Ambrosias guards jokingly calls him "Mr Cowboy" or "Rancher Rob".

Biography; Rob was born around 8 years after the fall in the township that turned into Ambrosias western district. He was born to parents who mainly tended to a farm and were integral for the surrounding homes as they traded with them for vegtables of all sorts that the Lombars were growing. Rob knows that his parents had been ecoactivists before the fall, and die hard vegetarians. After the fall they got a bit more lenient on things, realizing fully well that Nature and the new ecosystem seemed to actively eradicate humans. And with such a terribly exhausting new life to live, meat and protein was needed for survival. But as they settled back down, they again returned to living mainly of the land and not its inhabitants. If you were to ask Rob, even today he would rather eat a good vegetable soup any day of the week then the slabs of meet he dry and carry with him on hunts.

Rob was a big lad, he grew like nobodies buisness and took a keen interest in understanding the many animals that roamed the surrounding areas. Under tutulage of his father, he would disect what they cought and he would learn how the new Earth was full of scary beasts that could wipe them out if they were not carefull. He was told of how once, Humanity had no natural predator to worry about. That they had been the lords of the planet. Rob realized what he wanted to do then and there. He wanted to help reclaim the world and he wanted to hunt the massive beasts that roamed the Earth now. Of course, training him in using a rifle was allready on his fathers agenda. They needed to defend themselves, but the boy would visit neigbours to learn everything from setting snares and building traps to identifying and tracking creatures of all sizes.

At the age of 18 Rob was ready to move on with his life. Ambrosia had officially absorbed their township and there was now a military force to protect them, he was no longer needed at the farm. And more importantly, the Hunter Network had a small presence in the area. Rob was quick to link up with one of the veterans, who took him under his wing as a apprentice. Rob hand grown up a avid hunter wannabe and with a talent for it, so he took to it like a fish in water. His skills with a rifle was undeniable and he was licensced within three years.

22 years later, he is still hunting and have become something of a fixture amongst the hunters. He is successfull at what he does, but he is far from the most famous or known as the most the skilled. He has gotten known to be incredibly resilient however, and to come back with another fresh wound with every kill.

• Attribute:
    Main attribute; Body

Subattributes:

Resiliance
    Focus
    Determination (custom)

Archtype; Hunter

Skills;

Tracking *

Weapon (Magitech) *

Survivalist *

Knowledge; Beast *

Weapons (Rifles)*

Quick Draw*

• Weapon;

Hunting rifle; A modified 308. Winchester hunting rifle that Rob mainly uses for hunting big beasts. A reliable piece of ingenius design meeting conventional fire power. The barrell has been reinforced and elongated slightly to better accomodate the two stage crystal bullets he uses. The Gun has A slot for a small kinetic shard to be fitted inside. If no shard is activated, it fires like a noiser, more hard hitting version of a regular rifle of its caliber. It works fully well for regular amuniton.

However, when activated the kinetic crystal with work with the bullet in the chamber, and propel it at terrible force. The recoil is reduces from the fact that there is no explosion but only magical force propelling them.

Revolver; His other weapon is the Magitech Revolver that he recently aquired. The 44. caliber revolver looks a bit oversized even on him. Its a complex piece of tech, allowing him to punch holes in many things with different types of bullets. The revolver will assign what ever elemental crystal slotted to the bullet when fired. Usually, he has a lightning shard adding a shocking effect to the bullets.

Equipment;

Two Stage Bullets; Robs calling card is his rifle and its two stage bullets. The bullets come with tiny fragments of kinetic crystal shards embedded where the gunpowder is supposed to be. The shard is activated and puches forward with the roughly the same force as a regular bullet. But about the the time it leaves the barrel, a second shard, larger and more impactfull activates and accelerates the bullet further.

Trap making kit.

Rope.
    Conventional 308. ammonution.

Bedroll.

Canteen.

Field kitchen kit.

First aid kit.

There we go. should serve as guideline if nothing else.

Reactions: Noxious
@Hellis

You mind just explaining what I need to do for this simply? Too many tabs and stuff XD

YOu read through the entire opening post. EVERYTHING is relevant. One doesn't TL.DR a setting man, thats just. No.

If you are confused by something, you can ask about that. But I have no place for someone who isn't willing to sit down and read what I spent a awful lot of time writing.

YOu read through the entire opening post. EVERYTHING is relevant. One doesn't TL.DR a setting man, thats just. No.
If you are confused by something, you can ask about that. But I have no place for someone who isn't willing to sit down and read what I spent a awful lot of time writing.
Sorry, Hell. Just wanted to clarify. I'll get to reading it all :)

Apology accepted :D.

I am very interested in seeing what everyone is cooking up.

One doesn't TL.DR a setting man

Then what's this?

Gms Foreword;

This setting going to mix sci-fi like elements with Magic. There will some rule of cool involved as result; what is magical scifi if not excuse to wield cool looking stuff! I do attempt my hardest to maintain a sense of internal logic however. A bit of a Final Fantasy-esque approach to technology is what you can expect.

But yeah, you don't join up without reading the RP, etc.

Anyway as shown in PM, I am working on it, but I should point out I'll be on a trip to Xi'an from Friday to Tuesday, so if I don't have it up before then it might take a bit.

That wasn't a TLDR for the setting. Was it?

<-<

That "setting" is short anyways. How can you even TLRD it? xD

Coughthefullstopgoesinfrontofthenumbersinagun'scaliberanditsabigpetpeeveofminewhenpeoplegetthatwrongnotthatitmattersallthatmuchcough....

Holy shit. That was quite a couching fit. God.... that's been happening a lot lately. Any way, I will start up on a character because this sounds like fun.

A quick summary helps people understand what they're getting into. That foreword is actually very useful in helping people decide whether they want to read on or not. Most of the time, when I see a thread start with a creation myth before I know what the RP is about on a very basic level, I just click the back button. The basic idea behind it is that you provide the foundation before the details.

Well yes Kestrel. I always tell my players what to expect best I can. I do expect them to read it afterwards however XD. But me and Arcadia squared things so it's all good.

Also cat, I wrote it as I saw when i looked calibers up on the net. :P

Well yes Kestrel. I always tell my players what to expect best I can. I do expect them to read it afterwards however XD. But me and Arcadia squared things so it's all good.
Also cat, I wrote it as I saw when i looked calibers up on the net. :P
Not really that big of a deal, but it always seems like a weird thing that a lot of people and websites get wrong. Also, trying to decide between making Han Solo or not... Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.