Temporarily Closed

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again! Do you mind doing another one for me? I always really appreciate it but I'd understand if you want to give other people the chance. :3

Ooo. If you are taking people who've already got one before... How do you feel about drawing half-human characters?

Ooo. If you are taking people who've already got one before... How do you feel about drawing half-human characters?
I don't have much experience drawing them, but I'd be more than willing to give it a go!

Awesome! Hopefully it should be a little bit easier, since you've got massive creative liberty with this character.

Name: Xi-kaitoc of the Smoke Caverns
Distinguishing Features: See ethnicity \/ Xi has brown-green scales, with slight changes of color, with a few highlights of yellow. Slightly more than half his skin is covered in scales, and they are more distinct than this, but notably less distinct than this. Feel free to make up his facial features for the most part, as long as nothing other than his brow is particularly exaggerated.
Build: Tall and strong, with highly defined muscles from working in a forge. Medium build.
Ethnicity: Lizard "beast". A long time ago, this species was originally born between human women and monstrous, beastly lizards. The lizards have since gone extinct, and the lizard blood within these individuals has been somewhat diluted through the generations, but it is still very clearly in their blood. These "beasts" have a mixture of skin and scales, which varies in location, prevalence, and... obviousness from individual to individual and range between grey, brown, and green. They have slightly large eyes with slitted pupils, well-defined, heavy brow ridges which are connected above the nose, and slightly wide mouths filled with sharp, jagged teeth. Their hands are long and are capable of growing claw-like nails if not kept filed and trimmed. They do not have a tail.
Hairstyle: Half shaved, on the left side of his head, and a little bit in front. The part that is left is braided, and very long, reaching past his shoulder blades. Black, if it matters. Beardless.
Clothing: Light clothes underneath, with leather overplates criss-crossing on top. Something in between this and this, leaning more towards the second one, probably. It should have a slightly medieval fantasy feel.
Pose: Leaning against something, preferably a tree. Here's a sort-of reference image, except looking straight on would be better.
Expression: Somewhere between mockingly amused and mostly satisfied. I'm not completely sure what that means either.

As ever, if there is anythign you'd like me to clarify, explain, or find more reference images for, let me know!

I'll get right to it. One question though! Is the braided portion of his hair multiple braids or a single braid?

A single braid. But if you are able to draw it with four strands (like this) that would be awesome! If not, a traditional three strand will do.

Alright! :D How's this? A bit funky on the hairstyle but if it looks like anime garbage you're probably on the right track! Haha.

Name: Frank Gordman
Distinguishing Features: He looks a little younger than he is, with his big boyish eyes and a soft, slightly feminine jaw. He has a few freckles on his cheeks.
Build: Skinny and frail. 5'4" in height.
Ethnicity: Irish descent, and pretty pale.
Hairstyle: Frank tries to make himself look a little tougher by styling his dull orange hair in weird ways. He's come to favor thick spikes that fall in layers behind his head, something like this but, uh, more affected by gravity.
Clothing: Plaid shirt, black vest on top (left open), light-colored jeans.
Pose: Any generic shy pose'll do, take your pick.
Expression: Shaky smile.

Brief Personality: As one of his group's shyest members, Frank was always the odd one out. He's slow to anger, quick to defend others, and always seeking validation. He'll do anything to get people to notice him, whether it's styling his hair strangely or using an odd catch phrase. When he was younger, he dreamed about other people bowing down to him, and even today, a gesture of immense respect like that will overjoy him.

@Peregrine This is what I've got so far. I can lighten the scales in PS when I go to clean it up some and add grey shadows to make his brow pop a bit, but is there anything you'd like me to adjust? Push the eyes closer together for a more human look? Maybe add claws or lengthen the fingers? In hindsight, it appears I forgot to do either.
Xi-kaitoc
xi_sketch.jpg

@Moogle-Girl If not anime, he might end up looking punk-rock or uncannily like Sid Vicious. Wish me luck with the plaid. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Draw me like one of your French girls.

@dreamthief Désolé mon ami. My talents lacking, and your pulchritude inimitable, I'd only do you an injustice. Feel free to fill out a form though. ;)

@Moogle-Girl I haven't put the plaid pattern on yet, but I wanted to get your opinion on it so far. Anything you'd like adjusted?
Frank Gordman
SCAN0001_2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Hahaha, that's fantastic. I'd even put "He might even be able to pull off a punk vibe if not for his nervous demeanor" in my character notes, so you've got it right, that's for sure.

@Vermiciro would be able to draw satyrs/furry characters? :D if so, can I reserve a space? :3

@Vermiciro

First of all, awesome job on that braid! :D If you want to just leave it like that, you definitely can. However, I do think humanizing his face just a touch would look really nice.

@Moogle-Girl Excellent! :D I'll get to work cleaning him up and adding the plaid pattern then.

@Dullahan I've never drawn a full furry character, and don't know how well I'd get the muzzle to look, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Won't know until I try, right? ;) Feel free to fill out a form.

@Peregrine I think I will adjust the face some. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what felt off about it until a few hours later. The eyes just kinda migrated farther apart than intended. ^^;

@Moogle-Girl Excellent! :D I'll get to work cleaning him up and adding the plaid pattern then.

@Dullahan I've never drawn a full furry character, and don't know how well I'd get the muzzle to look, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Won't know until I try, right? ;) Feel free to fill out a form.

@Peregrine I think I will adjust the face some. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what felt off about it until a few hours later. The eyes just kinda migrated farther apart than intended. ^^;

I shall definitely do that, and the picture being in black and white is somewhat if an advantage:D

If something goes horribly wrong with the plaid, really any eye-catching pattern will do; he dresses for attention so there's gotta be something but there's leeway as to what exactly it is. Plaid's just my first choice. o3o

Name: Dante Lumina
Distinguishing Features: Two deer antlers wrapped in flowering vines sit on his head in the middle of the space between his ears.

Furthermore, he has the legs of a deer in satyr fashion, with white spots on his leg fur, and his tail is a sheepdog's tail.
Build: Dante is a tall fellow of medium build, with a little bit of muscle definition.
Ethnicity: Collie Sheepdog/ Faun Satyr Hybrid
Hairstyle: Dante has black and white streaked hair in a fringe style.
Clothing: Dante is wearing a space themed neck bandana, along with a black Tshirt with the logo from the band Muse on it and a pair of cargo shorts.
Pose:
Dante would be giving a thumbs up to the camera, right arm outstretched.
Expression: Dante is smiling happily towards the camera.

Optional

Brief Personality and/or History: Dante is a geeky, nerdy and excitable guy who enjoys friends and any company in general!
Music:

Status
Not open for further replies.