Temporarily Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xeth Valko Chaturvedi
Here's what I got. I have to lighten the one eye and such, but is there anything specific you'd like me to adjust?

Xeth
xeth.jpg

Jesus christ you're amazing. If you could like, exaggerate his sneer a little more, that would be perfect.

Nah, just a dabbler. But thank you! I think that made my day to read. So, like a Billy Idol kind of sneer with the corner of the upper lip lifted?

Don't be so modest, these are really good! And yeah something like that would be great. :3

Name: Jack Valentine
Age: around a thousand, but looks like a pretty twenty-two year old.
Distinguishing Features: Bright blue, enchanting eyes, like a snake charmer's. He also has an abnormally plump bottom. He also has various tattoos, but luckily most are on his back and wont be visible in his pose. He does have six little hearts on his wrist for his children, all in different shades of blue. He does have ear piercings and a naval piercing
Build: slender, with thin muscles like a life-long acrobat's. He could be with how much he tends to bend over backwards.
Ethnicity: Caucasian, with some Native American mixed in.
Gender: undoubtedly male, despite having the attitude of a stereotypical hysterical girl when he's pissed.
Hairstyle: a black ruffled sort of mess that comes with a careless attitude and a long time resting after a night of intimate handling and gripping.
Clothing: lacking to say the least. He has gotten into the habit of wearing body chains of coins and gems, since he has been dressed by his lover. Little covers him besides a cloth.
Pose: lounging on a couch on his stomach, propped up by his elbows, head tilted and one cheek resting on the palm of his right hand, his left hand gingerly touching his lips, showing the six small hearts upon his left wrist.
Expression: Curious bright blue eyes looking back at you, while a smirk that tugged the side of his lip up so far, you know that curiosity is poisonous, and he is wondering how much it would take to break you.

Brief Personality: despite being allergic to them, Jack's whole attitude can be best described as a cat. He loves, even goes as far as to crave, the undivided attention of the one that has caught his attention. His eyes are an enchanting blue pool that brings many in, while giving no clues to his emotions. He is as sleek and dexterous in his movements as a feline, while also exhibiting their infamous curiosity. While he is thoughtful and excessively high maintenance in social means, he must approach you first with interesting. He is either bored or hostile when others approach him and touch him without his permission, and wouldn't be afraid to bite when uncomfortable. When he was around forty, he still had a lot of spark and ire about him, never thinking he could settle down or be owned, but that was exactly what happened when Adestriel came along. They fought and attacked each other, more often in hostility than love, before a child was pushed upon them. Jack, finding himself with an odd maternal instinct that he's never known to himself before, immediately fell for the child and simmered down, simultaneously seeing what a mess his relationship with the demon was. He tried to sew them up and fix them, and the disheveled seam was still constantly being torn up by his lovers antics of cheating and abuse. Jack consoled himself by saying it would only be a phase, it would be the last time, the man promised. And it was, a phase that last about a thousand years. Then Adestriel had simply tasted everything that there was to try, and he calmed. In all of that time, Jack had been broken and crushed by the demon till Jack's half human soul was nearly destroyed, as he became a demon himself, bonded to Adestriel's own soul. Jack's soul was actually split in half, to have his dark side, Demiciel, being brought to life, and together Jack and Demiciel both care for Adestriel, loving him and now starting to lead the greater demon who started to become dormant.
Music: Hilariously enough, one song in particular comes to mind. "Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy Me" by Tata Young.

Also, since jacks soul is split into another individual, could you incorporate him into the picture as well if I gave a discription? If that is too much I completely understand! It is amazing that you spend your artistic talents on one for free, I wouldn't want to push it :)

@Vermiciro he's adorable! I'm sorry I forgot to mention, though, but he has black fingerless gloves on both hands...might not have been obvious in the reference. Also, he has an armband on his left arm (your right) with two gold chains dangling from it...also might not have been obvious in the reference whoops :) But other than that it's beautiful!

@Dory Nah, the fault's mine. I saw, but forgot, the gloves, and mistook the armband for a sleeve. =_=
How's he look now? (x)(x)
Xeth 2.0
xethcomcrop.png

@Moogle-Girl How's the sneer now? I was worried about adding too many lines, thinking it might make him look about to sneeze.
(x)(x)
Vurto 2.0
vurtocomcrop.png

@Pandamonium Alas, I've finally encountered the Severin to Dreamthief's Venus in Furs. But sure! I'll have a go at drawing your callipygian character and his darker counter part. You might have to give me a new pose for the pair of them though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Perfect. You rock, thank you!! :D

Oh goodness I have a whole library of characters. @w@ I don't want to be pushy but if you want to draw someone I can give you someone, haha!

Oh goodness I have a whole library of characters. @w@ I don't want to be pushy but if you want to draw someone I can give you someone, haha!
Hmm~ Maybe you could supply me with characters for a weekly doodle of sorts, eh? Keep me from getting rusty. Or just drop in each time I reopen the thread. I've been considering doing three or four sketches every week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be absolutely ecstatic to do that. :D

*Pops in* May I have another?

Name: Amarie Connell
Distinguishing Features: High cheekbones, narrower face, small upturned nose, white blonde hair. Eyes are a blueish greenish color. Here's a reference for what she looks like, [spoili]
1b95fa3920fdd3ca70c78b08970e5935-d53n0s6.png
[/spoili]
Build: Stands at about 5'5" and weighs right around 100lbs. She is lean and lithely built, and is very athletic.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hairstyle: Messy ponytail, like she's been riding her broom at high speeds and her hair is coming out of its ponytail maker.
Clothing: Gryffindor quidditch team uniform, along with broomstick. Pants a little less baggy than in the picture. Also, the drawing angle should be straight on, and not looking up at her from the side like this picture.[spoili]
l_07_ginny_quidd_ca_hpe6.png
[/spoili]
Pose: Almost the same as the photo for cloths, she should be leaning on the broom, which should be straight up and down, not diagonally across the body. Other hand should be on hip, like in the photo. She'll be laughing and catching her breath.
Expression: Either a grin or laughing face, eyes still open. Like this, but with open eyes. [spoili]
Tumblr_mfm1q1iXeh1re7fvvo1_500.jpg
[/spoili]

Optional

Brief Personality and/or History: Here's a few words to describe her personality: extraverted, tenacious, adventurer, impulsive, and competitive.

Thanks! :3

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vermiciro HE'S GOURGEOUS THANK YOUUUU~~~Your art is really great, thanks again so much for doing him! (don't wanna be pushy but do you think you could do more?)

Alright so here is a complicatedly lovely pose for the two beasty boys

**A Brief Description of Demiciel**
A demon ripped from the body he was born in, severed from all of the human emotions he once had- except for desire. He is driven to love and serve Adestriel out of natural order with being a lower rank, and because of this innate wish to have this Greater Demon as his own. Most of his attention and energy is spent on the demon, and often rests when he isn't around. He becomes dormant in these cases, and often doesn't wake unless it is Jack that's attacking him or by one of their children's cries.
With having demon traits, there will also be demon attributes. Black bands encircle his body at various points: His neck, his chest and upper arm, his wrist and two on his fingers, his thighs, and his ankles and two on his toes. His eyes are of the deepest onyx, a black that fills his entire eye, not allowing room for any other colors. His hair is messier than Jack's, yet is shorter. He often wears very large and loose sweaters that are long enough to cover him to the beginnings of his thighs, and doesn't wear much else. This one he would sporting is a delightfully ugly Christmas sweater, with the hem slightly frayed. His expression would be placid, never being one for pictures.

Thank you so much again, I appreciate this greatly!

@Pandamonium As an enthusiast of ugly thrift-store sweaters and shirts, I'd be delighted to draw a hideous Christmas sweater! Especially in juxtaposition to a desert gypsy of sorts. With any luck, I can get you something within the day.

@Umbra Certainly! It's good to see you again. I'll get to drawing her right after Pandamonim's pair of gents.

@Dory "Do more" as in more to the picture or another character? To the latter, yes! To the prior, nah. I'm not that fond of using the paint tool in PS, and such is why I emphatically condone others to color, outline, or edit my sketches as they like.

• Love
Reactions: Umbra
@Vermiciro my "more" I meant more of another character-sorry about that :) Say, are you willing to do like...three characters together?

@Vermiciro my "more" I meant more of another character-sorry about that :) Say, are you willing to do like...three characters together?
No problem. :) It depends on what the three would be doing. If they're just milling around I'd rather draw them one at a time and shop them together later. If they're interacting (e.g. fighting, embracing, etc.) then I'd be up for drawing them together if a reference image for the pose is provided.

@Pandamonium There's still a lot of cleaning I need to do and the piercings, markings, chains and shirt decal I've yet to add, but I wanted to get your general opinion so far. Especially about the hair. Are they the right lengths and textures?

And at a second glance, I need to fix Jack's cloth. Damn. :\

Jack and Demi Sketch
wip01.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dreamthief
Ah that anatomy is just beautiful v.v I am especially jealous of those hands, the way you can draw them so textured and in a pose of clutching reminds me of Michelangelo's little square of the Sistine Chapel. There are only a few minor abnormalities I sense. Jack's arms look so tense, like he's pushing away Demi. It may help to give shadows on his upper arm, by the wrist to give some perspective. Another would be to have Jack's other hand go behind his head as if to flaunt himself more, and so you wouldn't have to deal with such a fun angel haha. Like you said the cloth makes Jack appear to be very well endowed, and for his ego I do not believe he needs to have that attribute >.> You could pass it off as a piece of cloth is flowing over his thigh and inguinal region like a loose bed sheet if you desired.
Moving on to Demi, I really enjoy that snowman >.> And that added detail to the collar's hem, with how it is frayed, impressed me. I do really love the muscles on his thigh, I have such an appreciation for them and I think them handsome, but if it were possible to thin them out would help Demi's more lanky character trait. I should have elaborated more on his more physical features than cosmetic in the description. If you could "fill out" his face more, to give him a more matured look, like rounding their face and framing their facial structures lightly, just the tiniest bit, to age them slightly. With the hair, I do love Jack's very much, especially the silky property of it being fanned out around his head. Demi's is a great ruffled length, but if you could smooth it out to be silky as well.

I realize this may seem like a lot, but they really are more of minor picky details of myself >.< I am very impressed though with what I have seen, and I am very eager to see the continued process! Thank you for this adorable sneak peak.

@Pandamonium Jack's cloth is presently defying gravity, and likely the reason why he looks ultra hung. The leg muscle definition I was planning to erase as it was only ever meant to be a guideline, so no worries there. I can smooth Demi's hair no problem, and add a bit of age to both their faces. Changing the arms up, now that's gonna be a kicker, but manageable. I just need to drop Jack's shoulder and give his elbow more bend. Mostly need to drop the shoulder. :\

@Umbra On a mental checklist, I know I need to edit the stirrups, collar, thumb, and pouch placement. Any other edits you'd like me to make? Dishevel the hair more? A sweat drop or two? This is what I've got so far.
Amarie
amari1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.