Temporarily Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've got a character sheet here, but, in all honesty, I made up most of this on the spot and I'm not entirely satisfied with it. The roleplay this character belongs to takes place entirely through journal entries, so I have never written a description for this character. I have a vague image in my head of a thin, dark haired, badass man, but that's about it. I've tried to write this character sheet around that, but, as I mentioned, I'm not really satisfied with it.

Therefore, if you want to just mostly throw this aside and draw what you consider a fascinating 1400's historical military character, feel free. As long as he has dark hair, I'm satisfied. :D

If not, here's the sheet I wrote up.

Name: Ryker Wilde, Commander of the Kesselen Special Forces
Distinguishing Features: Old scars on his body from childhood abuse. Thin face with a sharp jaw, small chin, and curved lips. Fairly long, German nose.
Build: Slender but highly athletic
Ethnicity: German
Hairstyle: short and lightly wavy, dark color
Clothing: 1400's fashion, preferably practical.
Pose: Back of one hand on hip, other loosely holding a short sword, pointed towards the ground. Most of his weight on one leg.
Expression: Serious. Calculating. Something like that.
Sketch, Head-shot, or both: Sketch
Brief Personality: Ryker is a loyal, devious man, incredibly patriotic for his country. He would do anything to keep her borders secure. He is a good commander who cares deeply for his men, and an expert at military strategy. He is a very strong close-quarters fighter, especially with a short blade. He's very good with traps, both physical and psychological.

Last edited:
alright, that's why i put the reference picture up there for ya just in case. I was actually going to use this picture possibly in a roleplay because i didn't want to be using a straight up cortana picture

Edited! Sorry for the phone fluke.

Name: Kelkov Aerio
Distinguishing Features: Long nose, pointed chin, slight makeup to cover his blemishes, artificially whitened teeth, plucked eyebrows. He's VERY clean and likes to look good, perceived girliness be damned.
Build: 6'1", with a slender, flexible build. Slight muscle mass, but he has trouble keeping it on.
Ethnicity: Mediterranean
Gender: Male (I feel like I should pick a female character next time just to mix things up haha)
Hairstyle: Dark brown hair, just long enough to touch his ears. He keeps his bangs long, fully covering his forehead to hide a scar he has there. Always neatly combed.
Clothing: A smart black blazer with green accents, over a darker green undershirt. Black slacks, no tie. A small red spade-shaped pin is attached to the right side of his lapel; he won it in a poker tournament against some high-ranking gryphons and likes to show it off.
Pose: Something like this, only with his legs more splayed out.
Expression: A cocky smirk, like he knows something you don't. No dreamworks face though, please. >w>'
Sketch, Head-shot, or both: Sketch please! :3

Brief Personality/History: Kelkov enjoys being in control. Smooth, suave, and imposing are all words he'd used to describe himself. He keeps his friends close, and his enemies closer. Manipulation was his game from a young age; he sought out others' weaknesses and used the information he dug up to get what he wanted. His old analysis habits still haven't died. First impressions are everything to him: if people find him creepy, he's good at dialing it back to a more natural, friendly tone. Nowadays, though, his meditation exercises with his mentor Chikara have helped him use his talents in a more positive direction. He used to be in a nefarious group called the Soul Guardians, but he quit that and detests being associated with them in any way.

Last edited:
@Vermiciro Damn I lost my spot. xD my bad. Ok so may I fill out a form then? I'd really like to see your interpretation of my twin brothers.

@Lord of Dragons Thoroughly lacking any knowledge of Halo, I at first thought you were talking about that virtual assistant on cell phones. I was pleasantly mistaken! Here's the sketch I have so far. Is there anything you'd like me to alter? Elaborate the circuit design, change the expression, relax/drop the shoulder, etc?
Rinai'o
rinai_o_sketch.jpg

@Peregrine Noses are really fun to draw, but reign me in if I make him look like Cyrano. D: I might see if I can hollow his cheeks a bit for a haggard look.

@Moogle-Girl If at any point he has a Dreamworks expression, you have my deepest, deepest apologies. And also my shame and embarrassment. So much shame. :(

@Lady Phoenix Certainly! I've got a bit of a waiting list going, but I'll get to you soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vermiciro that is a perfect sketch actually now all she needs is the color i was contemplating the color for a while, I still want a base green since she is a hologram, but for the circuitry design i was thinking gold to match her hair color which would be black on gold from the hairstyle picture. Still though I love the picture, nice art work entirely

Reactions: Vermiciro
@Peregrine Is a doublet proper attire? A bit of searching turned up a lot of tunics and tights. But mainly I wanted to check in and hear your opinion so far. I've yet to define the ears, but is there anything else you'd like me to change?
Ryker
ryker_sketch.jpg

@Lord of Dragons Thank you! I'm glad to hear that. With any luck, I should be able to get you a colored version some time tomorrow.

@Vermiciro Lower the collar a bit and tighten the upper sleeves, and that outfit will be great.

As for edits, the only thing I really have as a proper adjustment is that he looks really young right now. Like... 19 young. A little bit more age around the eyes, nose, and mouth should probably fix that pretty easy.

Ummm... Only other thing I can think of is that he looks rather haughty at the moment. I can't really define why, or give any suggestions on how to adjust it, but I imagined him more down to earth and practical than aloof.

Amazing job! I wish I could draw like you.

Name: Minion
Distinguishing Features: Childlike face though eyes that hold thousands of years of knowledge.
Build: At his full height he's 5'9 though never stands straight and always looks as if he'd submitting. He's slender with no muscle or tone on his body besides his thighs.
Ethnicity: Rabbit/Cute/Filipino
Hairstyle: Scruffy and messy with a 'rat tail' going down his back.
Clothing: A pair of navy blue torn shorts along with a purple and blue scarf that looks too bi/g for him
Pose: image.jpgHella blurry
Expression: Smiling with tears in his eyes
Sketch, Head-shot, or both: Both please
Optional
Brief Personality and/or History: He was made when Adestriel was young. He was used and abused by the demon to the point where he wasn't allowed to speak without getting punished. Due to this even to this day he doesn't speak although he knows how and knows thousands of languages he uses sign language to get his point across and what he needs to say. He was made by the greater demon Adestriel but slowly throughout the decades and by the kindness Jack showed him he has changed and become nothing but good. Much to Adestriel's annoyance he refuses to hurt others and steals souls.
Music: Nothing comes to mind >.>
BG Color: Whited

Here references I drew/colored a few years back >.>
image.php

image.php
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
@Peregrine I'm mentally kicking myself for erasing age details earlier. Bugger. The arrogance and nonchalance is likely coming from the pose. I'm thinking of scrapping the sketch, redrawing him with a straighter back and moving the hand at his hip to his scabbard... which I technically drew on the wrong side of his body. My apologies. But from mistakes comes new understanding! Hopefully I can get an improved sketch to you later today.

@Lord of Dragons I added a noise filter/texture to her, which I can remove if you'd preference her without it, but I got the color on this morning. Any final adjustments you'd like me to make?
Rinai'o
rinai_o_sketch2.jpg

@dreamthief I am shite at drawing animal anatomy, but will give it go. Though I have one quick question, in the pose, is he on his back or chest? I've seen some yoga asanas and wouldn't doubt the possibility of either position.

Rinai'o looks amazing like that actually, the only adjustment I would like you to be able to make would have to be the eye color, which I would like to be a maroon red if at all possible and that would be the icing on the cake for me

Perfect, absolutely perfect for the character. I love it. Thank you so much.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Vermiciro Ahhh, sorry, I didn't want to make you scrap the whole thing. I'm kinda making this up on the fly, sorry I didn't have a more solid idea of what I was looking for. X.X

Nah, It's all right. ;) All part of the process. My original copy is rather small, so it's hard for me to add details. Starting fresh with a now clearer mental image will be easier. We'll work a Ryker out fitting of your work soon enough!

Reactions: Peregrine
Hahaha nu V he's on his back, he has his back against the floor and is looking up at his knees. Probably could have clarified that my self >.> but I forgot how crazy and flexible people are. Everything you do turns to gold so I have no doubt he'll look amazing once you're done.

@Peregrine Am I little closer to the mark or still off? I'm thinking of erasing what I have drawn of his right arm, as I'm pretty certain it's an egregious anatomical error at the moment. But what alteration do you see needing to be made? Does a nasolabial fold make him look too old, or just about right?
Ryker
ryker.jpg

@dreamthief Ah! That will be much easier on me than the horrific contortion I originally thought. I have no such Midas touch, but we'll see if I can work a little magic after I finish Peregrine's and Moogle's requests. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.