*Tales of Orenthia*

Tetsuri was listening closely to Xavien as he was speaking. Although, he was destined to protect Iliana, he still could not comprehend as to why faith brought them together. He looked up at the sky, but continued to listen as Xavien spoke. Soon after, he could find himself drifting off into thought and xavien's speech broke off into bits and pieces. But, he could still make out what he said all the same.

Soon after, he heard his name being called.

"T-Tets...sur...ri...?" Iliana's called him, voice slightly shaky.

He looked down and smiled at her, then looked over at Ritesa, then at Xavien and finally back down at Iliana. He ws relieved that she was awake and even more glad that she was back to her normal self. The mystery of the power he had experience from her moments ago had rattled his mind, but he decided to postpone finding out the reason for now.

"Its alright, I am right here, Iliana." He said softly, looking into her eyes and blushing slightly.

He looked up ahead of him and walked a little further until he came up to a tree. He sat down against it, firmly resting his back and folded his legs Indian style as he held Iliana tight.

"Just rest, I'll be right here, watching over you."

Iliana's face was a burnt red as she looked up to see Tetsuri smiling down at her. She was surprised that she had no idea what was going on. His voice was as soft as the wind, and that's when she saw his ear flicker again. That's right. He's the Neko. Iliana blinked once and then gave him a smile in return. She felt truly special to be traveling along with someone so noble and brave. Their journey would be even more special once they find the Oni. The sun began to dip under the highest canopies of trees as Iliana hoisted herself up and out of his arms that she was cradled in. Rubbing her head, she looked around her and noticed that they were still in Fairenz Forest. What happened to me?

Iliana turned around and noticed her brother, leaning against a tree with his eyes closed and his golden hair blowing with the wind. There was a peaceful look drawn on his smooth and pale face and it even made her feel calm also. That was the thing about Xavien; being a White Mage gave him the Aura of Tranquility: making others feel instantly calm and secure when they are near him. Iliana looked back over to Tetsuri with a wrinkled nose.

"How did I get in your arms? What happened with the soldiers? And..."she did a three sixty, orange hair following in a circle until she stopped on her right foot and tilted her head.

"Where's Ritesa?"

Tetsuri looked up at Iliana as she stood up. He was happy that she had made a full recovery. But also he had now figured out that she was the Oni. He stood up slowly.

"Ritesa went off for a walk.But there is something more important that I have to tell you."

Tetsuri placed his right hand on his hip and loked over at Xavien, who was sleeping peacefully, then leaned back against the tree. His ears flickered slightly and his tail wrapped around his waist. He could tell by the way she was acting, that she had no memory of what had happened. He took a deep breathe and spoke lowly, but where she could hear him speak.

"Iliana, the reason that the soldiers have been pursuing you is because you are the Oni."
Tetsuri's eyes lowered and looked at Iliana.

"W-What....?"she spluttered. Her eyes had doubled in size when she heard his statement. Tetsuri's face held a serious expression as Iliana looked at it for seconds on end. He had just told her once again that she was the Oni. That she was the woman who was destined to bring the down the tyranny the Order had caused and the Order itself. That she was the woman who's anger would surpass her mind and fully take control of her body, in turn, be killed by the Neko Guardian who was standing before her. Iliana stared at Tetsuri some more before...

"PWAHAHAHAHA!!!" She clutched her sides in laughter and didn't care if she woke Xavien up (which she didn't) as she laughed loudly. The joke had tickled her entire insides and she continued to laugh louder. Tears sprang into her eyes and she did everything she could to keep herself composed after the fit of laughter.

"You, Tetsuri, are one funny guy! I have told you this once before and I guess I have to tell you again. I am not the Oni! You're looking for someone strong, powerful, and who's anger surpasses all other power in this world! Is that what you see when you see me? Oh, please. Now, maybe that brainwashing thing or whatever the Order did to you has really gotten into your head. You should rest like Xavien."she said with a smile before walking off into the forest in the dark, sun finally coming to a sunset.

"I'm going to go find Ritesa."

The sudden burst of laughter from Iliana made his ears flicker slightly. Had she been so blind to the fact that she had just destroyed part of the forest. He scratched his cheek with his left index finger, while his right rested gently on his hip. He looked at her as she walked off to go find Ritesa.

No matter how much she denied it with her own lips, the fact still remained that she had unleashed a devastating power which triggered something inside of him as well. Almost as if it were some type of bond. No, that couldn't be the case. Then again, could it be true?

A gentle breeze blew passed him sway leaves that brushed gently passed his face. As his vision became slightly shrouded, time slowed down. He looked at Iliana as his face went from serious to a more gentle look. His heart pumped in his chest and his tail stilled. Soon after he found himself meowing lowly to himself. He blushed slightly as his head tilted.

What was this new feeling that was manifesting? Was it...could it be...no, that's impossible. After all, they had only just met moments ago, but still, his heart pounded like a bango being played to a sweet rhythm. He shook his head and continued to watch Iliana walk away for a few more moments. Afterwards, he looked over at Xavien, who was sleeping peacefully still.

Xavien was positive that he was the Neko that was destined to protect Iliana. He looked around at the forest. The birds flew high in flocks and the trees swayed. He closed his ees as he raised his head and placed a hand over his heart. Could he.....be in love?

Why do I feel this way and so suddenly?
Tetsuri asked himself

She didn't know exactly where she was going but she did know where she was. Judging by the way the trees were spreading apart, they all must have been on the left entrance of Fairenz Forest close to Rosel. Knowing Xavein, Rosel was probably their next destination on their search for the Oni. When the Oni's name came into Iliana's mind, she scrunched her face in confusion. That's the second time that Tetsuri mentioned I was the Oni. Is he crazy? Wouldn't I know if I were the most powerful being in the world thus far? And do I look like anger and wrath? No! I'm just Iliana! She tossed the thought out of her mind as best as possible as she continued to press through the forest. Tetsuri really must have took a toll on his head if he thinks that I am the Oni. Once we find the real one, he'll understand.

"Ritesa?"she called out, looking out over the forest to see the sun ahead of her. The light was a bright red-ish orange as it floated across the horizon in a half sphere. Her own burnt orange eyes stared in surprise and wonder at the scene before her.

"Same color." Iliana gasped at the sudden entrance of the voice, though she knew it was only Ritesa. She turned her head around to see him leap from a tree behind her, a small twig in his hand. He looked a lot calmer than he had looked before she....passed out? Is that what happened to her? Ritesa tossed the twig and made his way over to Iliana, wrapping one arm around her waist. The action caused her to jump slightly, but she accepted the feeling as she looked up at his face.

"What do you mean?"she asked. Ritesa looked out over the horizon at the burning sun that was preparing its decent into the edges of the world.

"Your hair. Your eyes. The sun. It's all the same color." He looked down at her then back to the sun. Iliana watched as the sun reflected off of his face and she looked back to the sun set as well. All of the sounds of Fairenz Forest were beginning to simmer down as the orange colored deepened into an auburn color.

"It's beautiful..." Ritesa couldn't help but to smile as he placed a hand on the left side of her face. Iliana's eyes slid up to his as they two of them held eye contact.

"Just...like...you..."he whispered, tilting his head as he leaned forward towards her face. Iliana didn't move at all. She knew the action, the movement, the motive, and yet, she couldn't help but to feel nervous. Why...do I feel this way? I shouldn't be afraid of this. We're destined to be married anyway so I shouldn't fear this. But I do...why? I should accept this. I should want this. I...I...

"I WONT LET THEM TAKE HER!!!"

Iliana's eyes snapped open before Ritesa's lips could brush against hers, backing up and turning her head in the opposite direction. The sun had disappeared, replacing the sky with a bluish purple light. Iliana looked up at the color and couldn't help but think of Tetsuri...his eyes...his aura.... Iliana blushed and closed her eyes, holding her head down as visions of Tetsuri played in her head. Why is he on my mind at a moment like this!? Ritesa looked over at Iliana for a second. Something was different about her, but he couldn't think of what it was. Maybe it was...He shook his head and removed his arm from her waist, standing up.

"We should get going."

He looked up at the sky as the sun began to set. The laughter from Iliana still puzzled him. Was she honestly not aware that she had devistated part of the forest? Tetsuri shook his head as night slowly crept up. It was too dangerous to move ahead right now, so they would just have to rest here for the night. His ears flickered slightly and he began to wonder where Iliana and Ritesa were.

It had been quite some time since they both dissapeared. They didn't get captured did they? No, he was on alert the entire time. There was no way that the soldiers could have gotten past him. But, then again, they were crafty. He looked over at Xavien momentarily, before heading further in the direction that Iliana went. He walked past trees that resonated beams of moonlight between the cracks of the them.

Finally, he could feel two auras and he smiled in relief. They were both safe. As he walked closer to the two getting ready to speak, he saw Ritesa grab Iliana by the waist and pull her close as well as placing a hand gently on her face. He stopped and placed his left hand on the trunk of a nearby tree and watched as Iliana blushed and closed her eyes bringing her lips cvloser to his as well. Tetsuri's ears flattened and his tail stilled. His eyes dropped to the ground and he turned away, making his way back to Xavien.

​I see...

Iliana snapped out of her reverie and brought her eyes back to Ritesa's by force. It was going to be hard to do, but Ritesa probably already knew that there was something wrong with her. As well as there should be. She had been through a lot in the past few hours and it was more than she could cope with alone. On top of that, thoughts of their marriage were only worsening her mind set, not helping her at all with the setting of her priorities. And now, to make worsened matters even worse, she had vowed to help Tetsuri find the Oni which she had NO idea how or where to start.

"We should get going."

"Oh, r-right. My brother is already asleep and it's getting dark. Are we headed to Rosel by any chance?"she asked, glad to change the subject. Ritesa was aware that she had no further want to continue what they were doing and he wasn't going to force her into anything. Iliana could snap on him at any given movement, now even more so than before because of the Oni's resonating anger inside of her.

"Yeah, how did you know? The direction of the trees?"he asked, removing his arm from her waist and giving her space to walk with him. Iliana, glad to be freed, nodded and looked in front of her.

"I know this forest like the back of my hand. I can tell when the trees are facing more south than north."she said.

"Good eye. Xavien said that should be our next stop."he said. Iliana nodded in understand and the two of them hadn't said a word to each other since. The sky had long since left, leaving them with nothing but their eyes to lead them back to the meadow with Xavien and Tetsuri. Xavien was still sound asleep and Tetsuri was looking towards the sky.

"Hey there, Tetsuri. We're back."she said sweetly, closing her eyes and smiling sweetly, feeling a lot better now that she was back with him. She didn't think too much into it and, instead, waited for his response.

Tetsuri looked up at the night sky, towards the moon. He slanted his eyes as he felt a soothing warmth. The moon was so beautiful at night. He would go out as a kid at night with his brother and gaze up at it. He made his way back towards Xavien still gazing up. It was truly a beautiful sight to see.

"I wonder why the night is so calming to me."
He whispered gently to himself.

"Hey there, Tetsuri. We're back."
Tetsuri looked back to find that Iliana had returned, but with Ritesa. His eyes opened to normal size. But he could feel a slight pain in his chest. It was still strane that his body reacted to her the way that it did. He blinked twice, then smiled.

"Welcome back, Iliana and Ritesa. I see she found you just fine."
Tetsuri's ears flickered and his tail swayed gently from side-to-side. Ritesa seemed much calmer, but also disappointed. Tetsuri tilted his head slightly, then straightened it.

"We should head out soon."

"Xavien said we should stay here for tonight. It's too dangerous to go waltzing around Fairenz Forest at night, especially with those Order a-holes on our tail every 15 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, Xavien silently put a spell around this specific area of the forest so we can sleep undetected. Being the white mage he is, I don't put nothing past him. Now, we need to rest. We will arrive at Rosel tomorrow. Do what you can to regain your strength."he said. Iliana listened to him talk and followed him with her eyes as he walked over to a tree that lay beside Xavien. His green hair covered his left eye and he closed his right one, slumping down to the bark.

"Gendola. [Envelope.]" At the same time, a green light sparked under the tree, and, as a result, the branches stretched downwards to where he was, using it's leaves and stems to create a tree barrier around him, much like a tent. He blocked himself off from them and curled in the comfort of his own tent. Iliana blinked once and then let her orange eyes slide over to Tetsuri. He was still looking at the moon. Weird, she thought, walking up to him.

"You like the moon?"she asked, looking at him then up to the moon

Moon_by_Horuni.jpg

She watched as it parted the clouds around the forest, revealing many stars and the deep indigo color of the night time sky. The one sphere shone a light so bright that it reached all the way to where they were standing now, illuminating the purple of his hair and the peach of her own.

"It is pretty."she said with a smile, closing her eyes and letting the light wash over every inch of her face as she sighed in peace. I'm...happy I got to share this with him. He has such a burden on his shoulder. He and the Oni. He needs times like this...away from the war. Just...peace.

Reactions: 1 person
The moon sat peacefully in the sky and Tetsuri felt his eyes lower, then closed slowly as he smiled. The moon was full and the stars seemed as if they danced around it. It was truly peaceful. Tetsuri opened his eyes as Iliana spoke, standing beside him, looking up as well. She smiled as she gazed up. His ears flickered slowly and his tail stilled as he tilted his head. He had seen Iliana smile a few times since their first encounter, but this time, it was different.

It seemed more like she was at peace for once. At that moment, as he stood by Iliana's side gazing at her, she seemed to shine as one with the moonlight itself. As well as his aura seemed to resonate, changing his eyes blue, but showing the appearance of purple. He felt his heart race and skip beats, causing him to place his left hand gently over his chest. The world around him as well as Iliana, Xavien and Ritesa vanished as well. His blue aura surrounded him.

lost_aurora_hdtv_1080p-t1.jpg

He soon found himself closing his eyes and falling backwards. His hair floated upward with the current and his hands hung loosely. His mouth opened slightly and his teeth bared.

-Together, with this young woman Tetsuri, can you rid the world of darkness. But, you both must find what strengths you both have. In time, obstacles will come and you both will be put you both to the test. The world rest in both of your hands. Good luck, Tetsuri.-

"Wait...I don't understand! Tell me what do you mean?!!?!!"

-In time, the answers will become clear. Each second is vital. Protect Iliana and save the world....together-

"Wait a sec!"

-We shall meet again....Tetsuri, the Neko- The voice faded away and Tetsuri was pushed back by an invisible force. As he flew back he opened his eyes. Everything was normal again and he found himself once again standing beside Iliana, who still looked up at the moon with a smile. He turned his attention back up to the moon as his eyes slanted.

​What was that just now?

Aaannddd he completely ignored my question. Iliana yanked her eyes away from the moon as best as she could. It really was a beautiful sight, something she hadn't been able to witness in months on end. Before discovering the Neko, Iliana had it rough. Everyday she spent training with Ritesa and her brother's sword, even though her true wish was to be an archer. The training was intense: each day Iliana would be woken up bright and early by Ritesa, and their first trial was to swim in Lake Quaze. She didn't really mind that part too much, just the early wake up call. After the swimming was the running. Running turned into stretches and those stretches turned into stances. Then, they used twigs and branches as dummy swords. The other half of the day was meditation with Xavien. Iliana hated meditation.

Brought back into the present, Iliana had finally turned away from the fluorescent light of the moon and over to her peacefully sleeping brother and a mound of leaves that belonged to Ritesa's fort.

"I guess we should be doing the same, shouldn't we? I have a bad feeling Ritesa's going to wake us up early..."she said with a shudder. Soon after, she covered her mouth to smother her giggles.

Tetsuri looked at Iliana, speechless. Her voice was gentle and sweet and her beauty continued to radiate under the moonlight. He became engulfed in her eyes and felt as if his head spun.

"I guess we should be doing the same, shouldn't we? I have a bad feeling Ritesa's going to wake us up early..." Tetsuri shook his head. He wasn't sure if Iliana had said anything else other than what he had heard. But, just by what she said, he assumed she was referring to resting. He nodded and looked behind him at Xavien then over at the tree tent where Ritesa slept.

"Yes, but there is something I need to do first. You rest, I will return momentarily."

Tetsuri turned opposite of Iliana and walked towards a group of trees to the right of them.*

She had a right mind to follow him and make sure he was okay...but then she remembered that he was the Neko. Again. Come on, Iliana! He is the Neko Guardian! He can take care of himself! Why do you feel the need to protect him? Iliana watched him go walk off to who knew where. The whole time she was telling herself that everything was going to be fine. She should take his advice and get some rest like the other two. For a moment, she looked back into the sky and up to the moon. If anything, the light actually grew brighter, making out the details of the forest around her. The trees had grown a silver outline, and every time a leaf would sway or fall, it was almost like it sparkled. She actually saw why he liked the moon so much.

A smile crept across her lips as she stood under the moonlight. Fairenz Forest was always so peaceful at night. It was nice to relax once in a while. Tomorrow, they would all make their way to Rosel in search for the Oni or at least news about her. Iliana's thoughts started to wander off into what the Oni may look like compared to the Neko. Would she also have blue hair? Would it be long or short? Would she be as beautiful as he was....handsome? Iliana's cheeks burned in the darkness of the night and she was happy that no one was around to see it.

I...should get some r-rest....With that, the girl stretched her arms above her hair and took a seat right where she stood. The ground wasn't the most comfortable sleeping place, but it would have to do. Besides, she had been sleeping on the forest floor for years. Her eyes finally fell to a close while all of the sounds of the forest lulled her to a deep sleep.

Tetsuri walked passed trees and broken branches. He looked around him at the scenery. Even though there was a battle fought only moments ago, it was truly peaceful. Beautiful flowers grew along the path he walked and glistened under the moonlight. Tetsuri felt a smile spread across his lips. He looked around as little animals surrounded him. They all seemed as if they wanted to play or even talk.

"Hey there, everyone. I am sorry if I have disturbed you with all the fighting earlier. But, soon enough, my friends and I will be out of the your forest and you will once again sleep peacefully undisturbed."

A little baby deer made its way towards Tetsuri and tilted his head as he looked up at him. It seems as if it was studying Tetsuri, curious about his tail and ears. Tetsuri kneeled down on his left knee and reached his hand out slowly to pet the deer's head. As he pet his head head smiled gently as his eyes slanted.

"If you are wondering about my ears and tail, I was created this way."

The deer's head lowered as if it were sad at what it just heard, but Tetsuri only pet his head and continued to smile.

" No need to worry, little one, it is my destiny." The deer looked up as if he understood completely and rubbed his head under Tetsuri's chin, then jumped away.

AROOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The sound came from behind him loudly. The source of the noise sounded close, very close. If he thought correctly, the howl that was made was that of a wolf. He turned his head slowly.
anime_wolf.jpg
A White wolf with a coat that shined with the touch of moonlight sat behind him. He turned around completely and looked at the wolf tilting his head. As he did, the wolf tilted his head in the same direction corresponding to Tetsuri's as if to mimic him. Tetsuri kneeled down on both knees and the wolf walked towards him and rested his head on Tetsuri's knee as well as he rested his left front paw on his free knee. Tetsuri chuckled a little then petted the wolf's head gently.

Amazing.

Iliana had fell soundly asleep on the ground for the rest of the night. She wasn't awaken by any bad dreams or troubled thoughts. Her mind was clear ash she slept soundly on the forest floor. The dew of morning begin to coat the plants and bushes around the three of them as they slept on. The sun was slowly peeking over the horizon, basking the forest in a blood red glow. The sounds of the forest were coming alive once more, signifying the start of a new day. There was a chirping of birds in the distance and those chirps were followed by more chirps until there was eventually a melody of sounds.

The first to awaken was Xavien since he was the first to sleep. He was still in the same position as he was in when he first fell asleep. He stretched and yawned, but was careful to do it as silently as possible. He could feel the auras of his sister and Ritesa so he knew they were sleeping. Their auras rose in fell in a calming motion and he didn't want to disturb the calming feeling of peace in Fairenz Forest. White mages sure had it good. He looked around him and saw the tented branches and Iliana lying a few feet away from the two of them. Where is Tetsuri? He lifted his head towards the sky and took a calming inhale, silent letting his aura wave over the forest in laps, trying to feel the push of Tetsuri's aura as well. It wasn't hard to detect because the Neko's aura was so strong. He was only a while away. Xavien lowered his head, eyes still closed in thought.

xavthink.jpg

His aura...so calming. It reminds me so much of my sister's. Are the two of them really meant to save this world? Is...is this what it felt like to you, mother? ...Father?

Tetsuri rested his forehead gently on the wolf's head and smiled. It had a very strong aura, that in which over shrouded the other animals. As he petted the wolf's head, it raised and looked around the forest. Night slowly crept away as day broke through the darkness slowly. He could hear the sound of chirping birds as well as the rustling of leaves from various other animals. He hadn't slept at all and didn't feel tired in the least.

The calm of the forest was soothing and it made Tetsuri smile even more as his tail swayed left and right, while his ears flickered. The white wolf yawned, before standing up and licked Tetsuri's left cheek. He stared into Tetsuri's eyes, dispersing into bits of light then faded away. Tetsuri remained kneeling as he stared into the air. Soon after the resto f the animals that surrounded his retreated into the forest as well.

His hair fell gently over his eyes as he lowered his head with a smile. It was amazing what he had just witnessed. A sight that he himself felt that he was not worthy of seeing. Yet, he still had experienced what it beared under the light of the moon. He stood on his feet and stretched his legs. Kneeling down for so long had taken its toll on his legs. Once the feeling was back in his legs, he made his way back towards the others.

"So your the neko huh? You don't look so tough like your father had described, then again, you were created after all, to be a killer. Heh, its a damn shame that you have to die for betraying us, kid. You have a strong aura about you. It'd be a waist." Tetsuri's ears flattened and he growled. The aura was intense. Whoever he was, he had to be a high-ranked fighter in the order. Tetsuri turned in the direction of the voice to confront whoever it was, but all he saw was the trees as they swayed in the wind.

Tetsuri growled more. Whoever it was, he was most likely the reason that the animals ran scared. "Show yourself now!" Tetsuri's voice echoed angrily throughout the forest, causing a group of birds to retreat out of the leaves of a nearby tree left of him."Now, now, Tetsuri, what would be the fun in that? If I were to fight you now as you are, you would be killed in an instant by my blade. That would be boring. Heh, I'd rather wait till you've grown to harness the rave within you before I fight you. That would be more interesting. Until next time, Neko."

The voice faded with the wind and Tetsuri's pupils shaped into ovals. He was pissed, very pissed but soon after thinking about Iliana and the others, he calmed down. He was not about to be a killing machine like his father had wanted him to be. Never. Now thoughts about what the mysterious voice said rung in his head. What did he mean exactly by, the Rave? Tetsuri placed his left thumb and index finger on his chin and right hand on his hip.

"The Rave.....what did he mean?"
​Tetsuri remained in thought for a few more moments, before heading back.

"Get up, Iliana."

"But..."

"Come on. We have to go."

"Why?"

"Umm...we...we have to find the..."

"Huh?"

"J-just get up!" Xavien snapped, blushing a deep red. It was still hard to imagine that she still hadn't realized that she was the Oni yet. Even when Tetsuri gave the suggestion before the battle, she was still naive to that fact. Does she feel stronger at all? Can she not feel this great power resonating inside of her? Xavien looked down at his sister as she struggled to get up from her sleep. In the sense of auras, Xavien saw a giant orange and purple fire radiating around her. Though in appearnce she looked innocent, stretching her arms high above her head and yawning, in truth, Iliana was one very...very powerful girl.

"It morning yet?" Xavien didn't need to turn around to know that Ritesa had awakened from his slumber.

"Yes, it is, and Rosel awaits."

"Rosel awaits? You act as if the town is going to just sprout feet and walk off." Iliana grumbled, rubbing her right eye and yawning loudly again. Both Xavien and Ritesa smiled. She was always cranky when she woke up.

"Could happen."

"Not likely, though." Xavien added as he closed his eyes and smiled. Ritesa picked himself off the ground while the branches stretched back into their natural place. He was about to comment about food when he noticed Tetsuri was missing.

"Where's the cat?" Xavien opened his eyes and chuckled.

"The Neko will be here shortly."he said. Iliana finished her barrage of yawns and turned around to look off towards the area that Tetsuri walked off at only hours before. He didn't leave...did he?

Tetsuri stopped halfway from the others and shook his head. The voice still puzzled him a little. Day broke through the night completely and bits of sunlight broke through openings within the trees. His ears flickered a little and he shielded his eyes from the sun. Due to his lack of sleep, the rays hurt his eyes when they hit.

Tetsuri yawned and stretched as he looked over at a tree to his left. He was aware that he had to meet back up with the others, but at the moment, his legs couldn't move. Tetsuri walked over to the tree and sat down firmly against it wrapping his tail around him.

He yawned once again, feeling his eyes lower as he fought to keep them open. His ears perked down and he he purred gently, drifting of into sleep under the shade of the tree and melody of the chirping birds.

"Ili-chan...."

"Should we wait for him? I mean, we can't just leave him here! He's supposed to help us find the Oni in Rosel and we need him for that, right? Or what if something...what if something happened to him? I mean, I know he's the Neko and all, but someone could've snuck up on him and knocked him out and took him of some--"

"Iliana..."

"--where. Like maybe the Order! Maybe the Order is still really pissed that he left them and they may want revenge! We gotta go heko him! Without him and the Oni, the world could be destroyed, just as you said brother! Oh, I feel so stupid for letting him go last night! Now the Order is just gonna walk right behind him and hit him--"

"Iliana."

"--over the head with something! Or...maybe something WORSE happened? Maybe the pressure of being the Neko was too much and he wanted to end the responsibilities! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! He could seriously be hurt or...or worse! Xavien, you need to get your healing powers ready and Ritesa we need Mioblo or something else to transport us to him because if we don't do something right now, Tetsuri could be...Tetsuri could...Tetsuri--"

"ILIANA." Iliana stopped in the middle of her pacing to look at Ritesa. He was walking up to her slowly with his eyes slanted. Iliana remembered that look. It was the same look he wore last night when they were about to...Ritesa, finally making it up to her, put both of his hands on her shoulders and held her firmly in place.

"Stop. He's fine. Your brother can feel his aura. If he's going to protect you like he said, then he'll be back."he said. There was no emotion behind his voice but he knew he needed to say those words. Xavien, standing somewhere behind the both of them, smiled. You're beginning to understand, Enchanter. A wrinkle formed on the base of Iliana's nose and she tilted her head up to look Ritesa in the eyes, avoiding the ray's of sun that zipped across them.

"...Protect me? He said he'd protect me?" Ritesa clenched his jaw tight. He had forgotten that she was unconscious when Tetsuri said that. Oh well, it was going to come out sooner or later.

"Yes," he said, removing his hands from her and backing up a few steps, "He did. Now calm down. We'll wait for him."