*Tales of Orenthia*

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

"...I wont hurt you."
Tetsuri felt his cheeks burn as she wrapped her arms around him. His heart began to race and he found himself wrapping his arms around her gently as she rested her head on his chest. He looked down at her and purred softly. He kept his right arm wrapped around her then used his left to tuck her hair behind her ears gently.

"I know, Iliana. I trust you and I won't hurt you either. I promise."
The words rolled off Tetsuri's tongue, smoothly. The wind began to sway his hair and his ears flattened. He enjoyed holding her like he dd and didn't want to let her go. The sound of the wind swished passed Iliana and him, seeming as if the time slowed around them. Tetsuri held her closer. Just caressing her like he did, made him feel, happy.

Tetsuri closed his eyes. Iliana was so innocent and had such a beauty within her. A light that he wanted to protect. The uniqueness that he felt, was utter and pure bliss. His body shook slightly and his heart skipped a beat. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever.

But, he knew that Ritesa and Xavien would worry themselves to death if they had not returned.

He spoke softly as he looked down at Iliana. "You do not have to worry, Ili-chan. I am fine. Thank you for showing such kindness towards me. For now, we must return to Ritesa and Xavien. They must be very worried."

​​

Just as quickly as the moment came, it was gone. Iliana's sadness was quickly replaced with a new found happiness! She released herself from Tetsuri's hold and smiled happily, sun shining down on her plump cheeks.

"Thank you so much! I hated seeing you sad! It's like seeing a cat sad or something. Tears me to shreds!"she exclaimed, giggling one of his ears. There was a new spring to her step when she walked beside him on the travel back to Xavien and Ritesa. There was no ounce of fear that she should be afraid for them. Xavien and Ritesa were probably two of the strongest men she knew (apart from Tetsuri) and they would not be easily beaten by a couple of robots. The robots however were still on her mind as well as the things Tetsuri had just told her. About his father and the search for her. He didn't quite answer her question, but he made it clear that he was not a bad person like he was before.

"I still don't get it, but then again, do I really want to know? Or need to for that matter? I don't really think so...I mean my brother has taught me a lot about patience and confidence. Sometimes, i just have to wait until things happen and let them play out the way they're supposed to. He told me to keep confidence in knowing that whatever I am doing is right, and I think it is."she said, turning her head to the left to look at Tetsuri as they both walked on through Fairenz Forest. Iliana smiled sweetly when she saw his ear flicker to the words she was saying.

"I mean, I think I'm doing a pretty good thing with helping you find the Oni. It's helping the world also with bringing down the Order too, right? I am willing to stay here until that battle is over, and will help in any possible way!"she exclaimed with a smile.

Xavien and Ritesa slowly came into view as he walked side by side with Iliana. On the left side of her. He listened to her speak and let the words trail off into his ears. They flickered as he thought to himself about how Iliana still hadn't realized that she was the Oni. Perhaps, he needed to prove it somehow, but, she would only pass out and wake up afterwards with no memory of what had happened.

"Well, I am glad that you are willing to help. But, We need to keep you safe. With you being the Oni, they won't stop until they get you.

He knew that by saying that Iliana was the Oni, once again, she would mock and laugh at him. But, he had to make her see it before it was too late. If she had continued on like she was, then it would have ended bad for her. Tetsuri turned his attention completely on Iliana.

"Iliana, no matter how much you laugh or deny it, you are the Oni."
His face showed a seriousness now."Think about it, why would they truly chase just an ordinary girl? They wouldn't go this far just to capture an ordinary girl. It isn't an idea of mistaken Identity either."

Iliana stopped in her tracks when Tetsuri's last sentences left his mouth and into the forest air. In all honesty, she tried her best to reply with some smart remark about there was no way that she could be the Oni and blah blah blah, but Iliana could hear the accusations so many times before it started to seep deep within her mind. He had so many points on the statement, that denying it would just be insolence. But yet, the thought of her being the Oni was just incredulous! Wielding that much power in the palm of her hands? And if so, why hasn't Xavien or Ritesa told her by now? Iliana gulped and lifted her head up to look at Tetsuri. his face was a easel of seriousness and Iliana was slightly taken aback by it.

"The Oni..."she repeated, looking at Tetsuri to wait to see if he would burst out in a fit of unstoppable laughter so that she would be able to join along in with it. However, Tetsuri's serious expression hadn't wavered. Iliana was quite shocked to find that he...was actually telling the truth. She didn't know how she came to that conclusion, but it was suddenly when he looked into his purple eyes and saw something in them...something...familiar. When she squinted, she saw deeper into his eyes and noticed that her own eyes were staring back at her in a darker shade of purple.

Iliana gasped at the revelation and stumbled backwards, falling over a branch in the process. She landed hard on her bottom but never broke eye contact with Tetsuri in the least. She was too busy looking at the woman that was reflected in his eyes. At the Oni. At...her.

"I...I'm...I...a-am..."

"Yes, It is true..."
Tetsuri grew quiet for a few second. He looked away from Iliana and back over to Ritesa and Xavien, before speaking in a lowly tone. "Even they knew. You were the only one who didn't because you had passed out and woke up with no memory of what had happened. That power that you had unleashed, awaken a power inside me as well. It was strange, it was as if you were talking to me with your power. I know it is strange, but, that is what I felt.

iTetsuri looked at Iliana with lowered eyes as Xavien and Ritesa looked over at them. He blinked twice as he turned to face Iliana. She stared at him in suprise, shock and disbelief. Tetsuri touched her shoulders lightly and looked into her eyes, speaking in a soft voice.

"Ili-chan, even if you are the Oni, I will stay by your side and protect you. I promise that I will be here always. I will save you from the Order, Iliana."

The mment the last word left Tetsuri's lips, Xavien and Ritesa limped towards them. Their faces were bright with happiness, even through the pain the experienced.

"Iliana...are you okay?" Ritesa spoke, hiding some of the hurt even though there was a limp that carried his step. It took Iliana a moment to tear her eyes away from Tetsuri's. The vision of the Oni's purple eyes through his began to fade in a light twinkle. She hesitated for a moment until Ritesa's voice brought her back down into reality. Sh hadn't even known that they had met up with them yet! Pulling her gaze away from the Neko, she turned around quick enough to allow Ritesa to limp into her arms in half a hug and half a collapse.

"Ri-kun..."

"He'll be fine. I just...need to meditate." Xavien coughed somewhere behind Ritesa. Iliana momentarily lifted her eyes off of her friend to see her brother and a slightly better shape than Ritesa, but Tetsuri was right when he said the battle had been a tough one. Usually, it was a rarity to see her brother exert that much power, but the Order couldn't be underestimated. Not now. Not after she had realized that she was the Oni. Iliana's spine shuddered when she repeated those words in the back of her mind. Iliana, still holding Ritesa in her arms, flicked behind her to look at Tetsuri. He said he would protect me...That...that seems like something the Neko would say to the Oni, and...and it's pretty obvious that he's the Neko. But...But still...

"Ah. So now you know." Iliana tore her eyes from Tetsuri and over to her brother. Even in his state, he could still feel her shift in aura.

"Brother...I..."

"Tetsuri, will you stick true to those words you have said? Will you protect the Oni?"he said, still managing a serious voice through his pain. Ritesa picked his head up, looking at Tetsuri through his green bangs, also anxious to hear his response.

"Yes, I will watch over Ili-chan always, Xavien."
Tetsuri gave Xavien a reassuring smile, as he looked at him. Ritesa was holding on to Iliana as he stuggled to keep himself up. He was still in pretty bad shape. They could move now, but Ritesa would be almost like dead weight. On the other hand, if they would have stayed in the same area, the Order would most likely send something far worse than Ramharts.

They were in a tight spot after their earlier battle. Each second they wasted standing around, gave the Order another chance to launch an assault. Tetsuri walked towards Xavien and stood side him, facing the opposite direction, as he spoke in a low tone that only Xavien could hear."Xavien, i know that you are tired, but, will you be able to heal Ritesa? Not fully, but enough to where he can stand on his own. If we don't get him on his feet, he will slow us down and it will be bad for us all, if the Order launches another assault on us in this state.

Tetsuri looked back at Iliana, who was staring at the two of them. She was still in shock and suprise. Tetsuri's eyes lowered to a slant as he called her name under his breath.​

Ritesa coughed and Iliana did her best to comfort him in his hacking. His body shuddered with each cough he took and it felt as if every muscle in his body was spasing and trembling in pain. Iliana's eyes dimmed in sadness and deep thought. What have you done to yourself, Ritesa? What did you do to help out the Neko? Of course, if she were to say those words aloud, Ritesa may not have answered. not due to his lack of physical strength, but because of the denial of the Neko's presence. He had heard snip-its of the conversation between the three of them, and his heart had dropped in sadness. She knows....that she is the Oni...and that it is Tetsuri's job to protect her. I see.

Xavien walked up to Ritesa and looked over his body for any signs of strain. In all actuality, he was strained everywhere! Moving a mobile tree that size had taken a lot of concentration and aura from his body, especially when battling against something so large and strong. He continued to scrutinize the body and then looked back at Tetsuri.

"I am honestly not sure that would be the best thing, but it is the only option we have. After it is done, however, I may be in the same shape as he is now. Better, but near the same shape."he said, warning Tetsuri of what may happen. A simple healing is fine, but Xavien already had it hard enough on his body as well. But, as the White Mage, it is my duty to assist the fallen. That is the calling I must answer to. With that said, Xavien summoned his staff in a quick shimmer of golden light and feathers and twisted it behind Ritesa's back.

"Oh healing powers...
First aid!"

The spectrum of healing sprouted in front of the staff and the healing aura began to seep into Ritesa. Xavien's grip on the staff was shaking, but he did not stop until the staff slipped from his fingers while he himself slumped to the ground in exhaustion.

"T-There...Now...we need to...go..."he panted.

Xavien was able to heal Ritesa. But, in the process of doing so, he had put stress on himself. Tetsuri looked at Xavien then knelled down next to him. Xavien was in pretty bad shape., As he looked down at Xavien panting, he felt bad at suggesting that Xavien heal Ritesa, Worst of all, Iliana was in too much of a shock state after hearing the truth.

He had to think fast. The city of Rosel was close, very close. Tetsuri's ears flattened as he turned around with his back to Xavien. He looked back at him and nodded his head in the opposite direction, That was a signal for Xavien to climb onto his back. Once Xavien was on his back, he stood up and held his arms underneath Xavien;s thighs, while his hands dropped over Tetsuri's shoulders.

He looked back at liana and spoke sternly.

"I understand that you are in shock about the truth. But, right now, we need to get moving. Ritesa should be able to stand up and support himself. Also-"
He turned and faced the direction of Rosel. "You don't need to worry. Just try to focus on getting to Rosel. I'll be right here by your side, Ili-chan." He said, softly, before walking ahead with Xavien on his back.

"Ili-chan..." Iliana looked backwards to see Ritesa walking straight and sturdy to her side. Xavien went a bit overboard in his healing process, but she knew that he would do it. He never did like seeing people hurt or worse, his friends. At the cost of his own strength, he would put it all on the line. That was what made him a White Mage: strength, kindness, and determination. Ritesa walked up to her with a serious expression on his face. Iliana gave him her attention and waited for him to speak up. No doubt, he had something to say about her finding out about being the Oni. She inhaled deeply, prepared to hear all that he had to say.

"I know you don't want to hear any of this..."

"No...Not rea--"

"But you have to. You are the Oni. The one to bring down the Order and you will be accompanied by the Neko...The Guardian who is supposed to help suppress your anger." he said, taking her by the hand and allowing her to catch up with Tetsuri and Xavien who were some ways in front of them.

"I know that."she said, looking down to the ground and remembering all that Xavien told her about the prophecy of Orenthia. Ritesa was just summing it up in a nutshell. He sighed and wiped his face with his hand.

"That anger...it has no mercy."he said. There was a swelling silence before Iliana looked over to his green eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you turned into the Oni only once before the power was transferred into you...and you were mad. You wanted to destroy the soldiers, and you did...but I was also on the ground near them. You didn't even lift a finger to make sure you didn't hurt me."he said, voicing falling into a whisper. Xavien caught snip-its of their conversation and coughed, clinging onto Tetsuri's back.

"That's enough. We will talk about it more once we reach Rosel."he said, resting his head down in an attempt to recollect his energy.

Tetsuri's ears perked up. He could hear Ritesa and Iliana talking. But, he made no effort of interfering with what they talked about. There was no time for that. They had to get to Rosel and soon. So much time had been wasted dealing with the Ramharts.

Each step drew him closer and closer to Rosel. He kept his guard up just in case anyone had decided to attack them. He had a slight nervousness. If anything were to attack now he would have to fight as well as protect the others. The forest wasn't safe for them at all now. The Order was aware of where they were located now.

Tetsuri began thinking about everything up until the point where they all were now. Its wasn't too long ago, that he wanted to destroy Ritesa and Xavien. On account of mistaken identity. Now, here he was, helping them and vice-versa. He had made valuable allies in them.

Ritesa had suprised him the most, due to the fact he had hated him in the beginning. But, he turned out to be a really nice guy. Even if he was jealous that he wasn't able to protect Iliana. Tetsuri honestly did not want anymore confrontation about that.

Tetsuri hadn't noticed that they were close to Rosel. Until, he looked to his right at the log where he found Iliana. He looked ahead of him once more. They would be in Rosel soon.​

Xavien had ordered them not to discuss the Oni while they were making their way to Rosel and it seemed that they all obeyed his orders. In a sense, it would have been dangerous to utter words like that aloud in Fairenz Forest. Iliana, Xavien, or Ritesa did not want to admit it, but their home was now a scanning ground for the Order. Iliana thought more and more about the power that was supposedly inside of her, and tried so hard to deny it. However, she was always brought back into the eyes of Tetsuri and looking back into the dangerous eyes of the Oni. She shuddered next tot Tetsuri and Ritesa, looking down to the ground in thought.

I don't get it. If I am the Oni....then why are we going to Rosel? The reason we were traveling their in the first place was to look for the Oni, but that's me! And it is my duty to take down the Order? Well, how am I supposed to do that? Iliana was ready to pull her hair out over the confusing questions and concerns that stormed around in her head. Ritesa, on the other hand, slid next to Tetsuri and looked forward to the path ahead of them.

"You do know why were are going to Rosel, right?"he asked. Xavien picked his head up limply to look over to Ritesa. The color was slowly returning to his cheeks, but at a slow pace. He really needed to meditate to regain his strength.

"When we get there, there would be someone you need to see. Someone both you and Iliana must see. True, we said that we were going there to find the Oni, and in all actuality, that is exactly what we are going to do. Not the current Oni, but the very first one."he said. Iliana listened in on the conversation as the trees of the forest slowly turned into bushels of tiny flowers.

"The first Oni? She is alive?"

"Her spirit, in a sense, lives on." Xavien answered. They all grew quiet as a view of the homey, and beautiful city came into view. Iliana and the others noticed the abundance of roses of all different colors and sizes. They grew in bushes, were attached to stores and houses, and were also embroidered on the outfits of the townspeople. There was a blast of colors when they finally exited the forest and stepped into town, watching the happy faces of people pass by. Xavien looked up and smiled as he let out a breath of relief.

"Welcome to Rosel, City of Roses." As soon as the phrase exited his mouth, a streak of black past the two of them. Ritesa held his hand out, ready to one of his abilities on the streak but Xavien reached out and grabbed his hand before it happened.

"Let it speak."

Kiro_by_UniQuest.jpg

Iliana looked around for who it was that was supposed to be speaking, but when she turned her head to the left, she only saw a black wolf with golden eyes looking back at all 4 of them. Ritesa tilted his head to the right and Iliana tilted her head to the left. The wolf bowed and lifted its head back up to them all.

"Welcome to the city. Follow me."it said, and suddenly bound off to the entrance of the town.

Tetsuri listened as Ritesa and Xavien spoke about where they were going and about the very first Oni. He only nodded in response to what Ritesa had spoken, taking careful steps, so that he wouldn't drop Xavien. He could feel Xavien's aura slowly rebuild and he was relieved. They had been through chaos and hell and Tetsuri was honestly glad that the city was close. He wouldn't mind sleeping in a nice warm bed.

The trees slowly disappeared, as they entered the city of Rosel. It was beautiful, Roses of all shapes and sizes blossomed in gardens that surrounded the city. People passed by smiling and laughing. Tetsuri looked back at Iliana, who was in awe at the beauty of the city. He could tell that she was still troubled by the news, but, at least the sight of the city could help her loosen up a bit.

Tetsuri felt his ears twitch and he could sense a light aura approaching them. He made no effort to move , or ready to fend of the threat that approached them. He didn't get a bad vibe from it, so he relaxed himself and waited to see what it was that was approaching them. In a gust of wind, a black wolf approached them then stopped. Tetsuri could sense Ritesa ready his power to fend it off, only to be stopped by Xavien.

A little bit before the wolf had appeared, Xavien had mentioned something about another Oni. Also, that Iliana and him had to speak to her.

"Welcome to the city. Follow me."

A The wolf made its way towards the entrance and Tetsuri followed it, holding Xavien firmly on his back. He looked over at Iliana, then walked over to her and stood on the right side of her. "What exactly is all this about?"

Iliana kept her steps in time with Tetsuri while she continued to look at the rear end of the wolf. It had the appearance and stature of a regular wolf, except it could talk. Iliana knew that Orenthia had some strange things in its lands, but never once did she come across a speaking animal. Xavien must have known that the wolf was gifted for he didn't react in the slightest. In fact, he was the one who allowed the thing to speak. Ritesa was easily caught off guard at the appearance of a wild animal before them, but then again, he was always quick to overreact to a situation.

"I am not sure. Xavien said something about the first Oni and you can't beat me with a stick and I still wouldn't know exactly what he is talking about."she said with a snicker. The appearance of the flowers and colors brought in a new attitude towards her. The awe of realizing she was the Oni was suddenly being suppressed by the curiosity of Rosel, the first Oni, and the talking wolf before them. She looked back over to Tetsuri while Xavien's head lay the other way.

"As for the talking wolf..."

"It's a Spiritalis." Ritesa said from above. Iliana was taken aback at his sudden interjection in their conversation, but couldn't blame his sense for being so sharp. "There is a spirit of a person living in the wolf itself. Something like a reincarnation."

"Oh, I get it." Iliana said while they all continued to follow the wolf deeper into the town.

The wolf intrigued Tetsuri. It was similar to the wolf he had encountered in the forest, but different as well. Tetsuri's ears flickered as he looked over at Iliana, who was giving her explanation. Soon after, Ritesa had jumped down from above and started to speak.

"At any rate, this wolf seems like an ally, by the looks of it."
Tetsuri looked back at Xavien as he was resting.

"Sorry about earlier Xavien. It is my fault that you are tired out like this. Hopefully, this place that this wolf is taking us to, has a resting place."
Tetsuri looked at Ritesa as his tail wiggled, slightly and his ears flickered. He was grateful that Ritesa had helped him out as well. He played a big part in stopping those Ramharts that they had encountered. He was suprised at how strong Ritesa was. When he wasn't being such a hot-head, he made a valuable ally. Also, by the looks of it, he had made a speedy recovery.

"I also want to thank you, Ritesa. You helped me out in the fight against the Ramharts'. I really appreciate it."

Tetsuri turned his attention back to Iliana and gave her a smile, before looking back at the wolf.

Xavien poked his head up from behind Tetsuri's back and smiled. There was color in his cheeks once again and the panting had finally come to a close. Xavien had been meditating while he was getting piggy-backed by Tetsuri! Iliana couldn't help but to be in awe. All of the times she used to spend practicing meditation, silence, and releasing her soul out into the world, the only thing she accomplished was falling asleep! Meditating did not come easily for her and probably didn't come at all! She remembered the days when even Ritesa would struggle to disconnect his body and soul as well, but he eventually got around to doing it. He, of course, did not do as well as Xavien (did anyone?) but he did know how. Iliana couldn't break the surface but her brother was able to do it even while people were talking and he was getting carried.

"It was my pleasure. I wouldn't dare let the Neko die. Then, in turn, the world would fall also, then where would all my skills be?"he chuckled as he tapped Tetsuri's shoulder twice to signify that he wished to be set down. Ritesa's head perked up an inch when he heard his name mentioned as well. His eyes swam over to roses to either side of them before he was eventually forced to walk backwards and look at Tetsuri, Iliana, and Xavien.

"I doubt that you would be able to take care of both of them since that first one almost knocked you out. I had to do what I had to, as an Enchanter."he added in quickly. He did not want Tetsuri to think that he was growing soft on him. There was still some sort of mutual...friendship between the two of them, but that did not hide the fact that he was still skeptical of him being around Iliana. Now more than ever, he had to make sure that she was kept safe...but also wise enough to know that it was Tetsuri's job to do so. Iliana was finally able to smile. For once, it was a genuine smile that even held a soft giggle towards the end. Despite following the Spiritalis into the debts of Rosel, things were slowly starting to seem to be growing back to normal; or as normal as things were going to get.

"How will we know we're there?"she asked Xavien, figuring that he knew.

"You would know. You do have the Oni's spirit inside of you." Xavien added with a smile before he trotted up to the wolf and began conversing with it. Iliana blinked twice before tugging Tetsuri's Order uniform sleeve.

"I don't think Rosel would take to kindly of seeing you in this. You know...may think you're trying to kill us all."she added with an awkward chuckle.

Tetsuri looked back at Xavien as he peeked over his shoulders. He was smiling and looking in good health. That was a relief to Tetsuri as he let out a sigh and looked back ahead of him. The roses made the dull path light up and bring color to the solid dirt. He looked over at Ritesa, then at Iliana. Both of them had made a full recovery as well. The noise of the city had increased as they made it deeper into the city.

It was bursting with life. Tetsuri looked around at all the children, people selling at their stands, and many gardens that scattered throughout the city. The blooming variety of roses really helped the city live up to its reputation. Tetsuri smiled, as his eyes lowered and he chuckled a little. His head turned back at Xavien when he tapped his shoulder.

"It was my pleasure. I wouldn't dare let the Neko die. Then, in turn, the world would fall also, then where would all my skills be?

Tetsuri sat Xavien down then stretched. Although Xavien wasn't heavy, walking such a long distance was stressful on his arms.

"I doubt that you would be able to take care of both of them since that first one almost knocked you out. I had to do what I had to, as an Enchanter."

Tetsuri looked over at Ritesa. It had seemed he was growing to like him and Tetsuri was still grateful that they both had saved his life. He smiled and chuckled.

"How will we know we're there?"
He looked at Iliana, as his ears flickered. Just hearing her voice always made him tingle on the inside, and draw his full attention to her like a curious cat.

"You would know. You do have the Oni's spirit inside of you."

He continued to alternate his gaze between Iliana and Xavien, until he felt Iliana tug on his sleeve. Tetsuri turned his attention back on Iliana.

"I don't think Rosel would take to kindly of seeing you in this. You know...may think you're trying to kill us all."

Tetsuri spoke softly.

​" I am fully aware of that. But, I am not worried in the least."

"Not worried? I am! What if they attack you!"

"Now now, Ili. You know Rosel is a town of peace. They would not attack anyone on a whim just because of their attire." Xavien responded curtly, fluttering his fingers over a bed of soft yellow roses. Iliana scoffed and shot her eyes to her brother.

"That 'attire' just happens to the uniform of the Order! Of something that will destroy every single petal in this-"

"Enough. You disturb the balance of nature and the hues in the flora will be distorted. Silence as we approach the Oni. Silence." Everything fell into a dark silence, a strange solitude. Even the twittering of the birds had quieted down in their melody. Iliana's lips lay in a small, soft line. She looked ahead of her and watched as the smiling faces of the Rolelians disappeared from view, while they dipped farther down into the land. The colors of the roses were now starting to hold a darker tinge. In the night, it would have been an ominous sight, but Iliana was sure that she was protected by the three boys. As they all continued to walk, Iliana felt something inside her bubble and burn...but she couldn't put her finger on the feeling. Xavien looked behind him at Tetsuri and frowned.

"Neko...the first Oni will have questions for you. Some hard. Some simple. Some that have no answers. Maintain your cool and be nobody but Tetsuri. Is that understood?"

Tetsuri only laughed slightly as Iliana went on about the people of the city attacking him. Even if they did, he wouldn't fight back. He would run away instead. Killing innocent people wasn't in his heart. The wolf now caught his attention, although he listened to Xavien speak. They all were so full of life and it was warming to Tetsuri.

-The first Oni...I wonder if she is is anything like Iliana.-

His thoughts were broken, when the wolf had ordered everyone to be quiet. Everyone fell into silence, like soldiers. Tetsuri was surprised that the wolf had such an effect. Afterwards, Xavien turned his attention back to him. Tetsuri listened closely as Xavien spoke.

"Neko...the first Oni will have questions for you. Some hard. Some simple. Some that have no answers. Maintain your cool and be nobody by Tetsuri. Is that understood?"

"You can count on it, Xavien."

The hushed silence continued after Tetsuri gave his confirmation and the 5 of them, including the Spiritalis, continued to make their way down the winding, rose filled trail. It was a trail made up of compacted dirt with tiny sprouts of grass growing above it. That only meant that this rode was not taken very often. Iliana kept her focus on the Spiritalis's back, becoming slowly mesmerized at the back and forth squishing of its sheen, black tail. Ritesa looked down at his feet, observing the clearly defined marking of the wolf's paw prints. It seemed that he traveled this road many of times. His observation was as correct as he believe it to be. Spiritalis's were usually mysterious, but very soul-focused on any tasks they had.

Iliana began to notice that the roses were not the only thing getting darker. The sky was dipping into a darker color as well. Night time had came as quickly s the day had left. A cool breeze swept through the gaps between the 5 of them, causing Iliana to shiver. On instinct, she grabbed Tetsuri's tail softly and nuzzled her cheek and right arm against it, sighing at the new found warmth she felt. Xavien looked over and chuckled when he saw the gesture.

It begins.

"The Garden of Fei. Bow and pay your respects to the lost important ones." The wolf called, bowing to a tan alter in front of him that was surrounded by black roses. His large nose hit the ground and a glowing black and silver aura trickled from the hairs on his back. Iliana looked between Xavien, Ritesa, and Tetsuri, not sure what to do. Xavien only nodded and mouthed the word, 'Obey.' as he bowed his head as well.

[GLOW=gold]Duties. That is the track we are on right now. Duties that need to be fulfilled...that needed to be fulfilled but were not. The procrastination has cost us time and sanity. And...the fault lies within the solution. Mother...I know you were giving birth to Iliana...but that does not mean you should have abandoned your duties as the Oni just to take care of me. And then...you attack father and Iliana because of your foolishness...? I...forgive you, Mother. But as the White Mage of Yui...as your White Mage...I remind you that a meeting...is in order.[/GLOW]​

Meela...I still think about you, you know that right? Trust me, big brother hasn't forgotten his promise. You said you wanted for me to bring you the scroll of your drawing of me and you...all the way from Enzoi. I am going to do that. As a matter of fact, I'm closer to Enzoi now more than ever! Xavien, Iliana, and I...we're doing something great, sis. We're saving Orenthia. No, no. I'm serious this time. I won't let the Order destroy the world...or that picture. Illness may have taken you...but I won't let them take away my promise. Keep your head up, up there, kay? You know how I am when you look down...little dork.

[GLOW=orange]Father? Father, I...I'm supposed to talk to you. To...pay respects to your death. It seems funny...only 3 years ago you disappeared off the coast of Havero River...It hurts thinking about that day. I don't think you know this, but ever since then, me and Xavien have taken care of ourselves in Fairenz Forest! Remember you used to take me there a lot? Well, I know all there is to know about it now. I think...I think you'd be proud! Hey, and you can be even more proud because guess what? I am the Oni! I am dubbed the responsibility of saving Orenthia! And I have the Neko Guardian with me as well! His name is Tetsuri and we...well...you probably don't care. You never was much of a talker. Father? Can you...can you give me a bit of strength through this journey. Because with the way things are going now...we're going to need it.[/GLOW]​

The three of them continued to bow their heads, eyes closed as the stood before the alter. Just as the wolf, hues of aura sprinkled across their bodies: golden for Xavien, green for Ritesa, and orange for Iliana. The silence was disturbed by the wind, but it only made the scenario that much soothing.

Reactions: 1 person