Sweet Tooth or Sour Note

[dash=red]"You're late!" Harley said as her co-worker arrived. In all truth her co-worker was much better at this than Harley was, minus the little time management issue. Harley took off her apron and tossed it at the girl as she hopped over the counter, "Later tubby!" she said sticking her tongue out at him as she quickly left the little cafe.

The crate arrived at Harley's place a few hours later. She'd been lounging around waiting for it. Opening the lid, she poured over the contents to make sure that everything was in place, "oooh good." she smiled as her eyes caught sight of some familiar candies as she bit her lower lip some, "No, Harley Quinn, you be good ya hear!" she scolded herself and pouted like a sad puppy. Even her signature jester ears seemed to deflate some with the thought. She sighed and freshened herself up as she went to make the 'delivery'. For some reason people always wanted to meet in old abandoned warehouses to make transactions.

A little while later she sat in the middle of the warehouse on top of the crate of good filing her nails as she waited for her 'client' to arrive. She was once more chewing some gum (regular gum mind you) and blowing bubbles to pass the time, "gooosh I'm getting tired of waiting here. Bub better hurry up or Mista C won't be happy!" she said with a lyrical cackle. She'd already gone through to see what was on the list and she'd have a little 'taste test' with the guy's goons when he came. She specifically requested them. She wasn't dumb after all! Finally she heard heavy footsteps approaching as she uncrossed her legs and waited, "Took ya long enough toots" she said with a wide grin. Time to do some business....[/dash]

two suits wheeled a cart for the crate after a man in a sutie that smelled vaguely of cologne, but mostly like a seaside coast. he wasn't handsome by any means, but his presence was oddly fresh for someone so old.

"Ah, you must be The candy girl We were told about." he said with a strange sideways smile. the two goons looked at her with interest in their eyes.

"hey boss, is she part of the package?' one of them joked, probably hopefully as he admired her curves.

---

meanwhile, somewhgere in mr. Candy's factory a phone rang.

"hello?... ah, mr. phillips... yes i did call about that information... why, its public knwoledge, why shouldn't i have the right to know?" he chuckled a little.

"Seems things in Gotham city are rather... reserved, since the recent new attandees at Arkham... well, Too bad, as it so happens i already KNOW that information... no i wont tell you my informant, you silly man, If you ask me, it took you idiots long enough to put my cousin's son on medication once he was incarcerated! now good day!" he said, hanging up the phone. in the dark shadows of the room, a familiar grin spread across his face. the lightning struck and the eyes peering into the office from a tree across the way gasped.

"DOCTOR... Harley Quinn....my my my... seems she will be even MORe useful than i thought."

In the growing darkness of the gentle rainstorm, a package was delivered to Harleys apartment door. it had a single mark on the cardboard. "From Mr C."

[dash=red]Harley eyed the group up a moment, not taking well to the two goons who were lead along. They looked at her as if SHE were the candy goods. She rolled her eyes some and sighed as she stood with her hands on her hips, "No I'm not part of the package. You better watch it to! You should treat a LADY with respect" she said sticking her tongue out at the goons.

She walked forward to the boss and examined him a bit closer, "Not what I expected, but nice ta meetcha" she extended her hand but pulled it away last minute with a soft chuckle, "So Mista C says you're interested in the merchandise hmmm?" She turned and opened the crate leaning over, giving the goons a nice back side view, and reaching into the crate, "First we need to do some trial and error runs with a few products to make sure they're top of the line." She moved her gaze to the two goons, "oh boooys wanna help a lady out" she smiled sweetly and nodded toward the crate. This would be fun...

A while later the deal was settled and cash was exchanged for the goods. The Goons had had their fill and were looking quite sick in a way. Harley only smiled at them adn blew a kiss as the group left, "Nice doing business with ya!" she called after them as she began to count the money, "You know...I hate to say it but this is a lot more lucrative than with Mista J..." she sighed, "Ah Mista J! I miss you!!!" she almost swooned as she spun on her heels and began her trek home. She had a picture of her and the Joker on her night stand near her bed, she looked at it every night. If it weren't for that damn batman things would be like the olden days! Though...this new lifestyle was slowly starting to grow on her, she had to admit.

Arriving back at her place she noticed a package at her apartment. Picking it up she read the label, "Mista C? Hmm wonder what this could be...." she began to open it as she entered her apartment.[/dash]

INthe box was a sampling of Candy's best candies. no worm doodlebobs, but brain shapped marshmallow creme candies, toffees that colored your tongue, and just abotu everything she had delivered in the crate that night except the spartan candy swords. the box was rather heavy too, sot here was alto there.

ther was a note ontop in candy's handwriting.

For all yoru hard work, heres some of my wares for your enjoyment,

sincerely, Mr. Candy

There was also a list attached of what was inside the box.

bubble blower bubblegum- three packages
Hard-time taffy -one case
skullburner drops-three bags
triple sweet chocolate drops- one case
Snakebite gummies- two boxes
Maternity malt drops- one case
Filler-up fudgebars-eight bars
Thunderstorm lemon bar- four bars
Brain food gum- eight packages
Genie lamp gum-four packages
Citrus squeeze me's- four boxes
blush bon bon's-four boxes
sugar coated orangesticks-eight packages

[dash=red]She fumbled with the box before getting inside, but as she opened and red the message her eyes light up like a little child. A look of glee spread across her face as she dug into the packages to see what goodies Mista C had given her!

She would have to be careful, as all this candy would start to go to her hips if she didn't watch it. She scanned through things and even tasted a few things here and there. She had to admit...they really were slightly addicting. She would have to show her appreciation to Mista C next time she saw him. Grabbing a blush bon bon she scooted the candy into her room and flopped down on her bed. On her nighstand was a picture of her and the joker. She sighed as seh reached for it, "Oh Mista J...I still miss you sweety!" she kissed the picture and opened the blush bon-bon to see how it was. Guess it was named for a reason...[/dash]

sweet milk chocolate outside, witha dark chocolate fudge and rum inside, there was a creamy raspberry piece of nougat inside all of it,a nd after the deligtfully light flavor of fruit passed ont eh tongue, it left a lasting and growing sensation of warmth that spread from her tummy into every pore, withint he end of a minute, her whole body was covered int he relaxing comfort of simple pleasure. a few second of enjoying that sensation later came the blush part of the blush bon bon.

Harleys body woudl tingle gently, and the smell fo Mr. J's cologne woudl hit her nostrils, like he was there in the bed with her. pleasure of th esenses, fooling the mind. THe bon bon's last effect lasted only a few moments, but enough for a natural lastign blush to take over.

There was a warning on the box ( do not consume more than one at once, no more than three a day)

[dash=red]The blush bon bon was entrancing! Harley hadn't felt something like that in a long while, and when the blush came she swore that Mista J was right there with her like old times. Reading the warning on the box she sighed and rolled onto her stomach, "it's like taking a prescription. Then again...these are candy drugs!" she giggled with glee as she grabbed the picture of her and the joker again, "ah Mista J if you could TASTE some of these!"

She was like a little girl again. Maybe this whole moving out of Gotham and starting a new wasn't such a bad thing. She wondered, though, how long it would take for the joker to get out of Arkham Asylum this time though. Until then she had Mister Candy to watch over her. A second guardian, "I must be one of the most lucky girls on the face of this Earth!" she said gleefully. She'd make sure to thank Candy when she saw him next. [/dash]

Candy was in his officce early that morning. there was a note waiting for her when she got to the Cafe

" No work for Harley today, come to my office emmediately."

Candy was int he factory talkign with workers for four hours. and he hadn't had an OUNCE of coffee yet. he was in a foul mood with his workers too. apparently someone broke in again. this time someone tipped over a vat of chemicals into the taffy machine. nobody knew what was int eh barrel. Candy kept them unmarked for a reason too.

"I TOLD YOU EMBECILS.. OBEY THE COLOR CODE SYSTEM!" he said, smacking the man.

"But mr. Candy, that masked prick shoved right past me on the third floor rigging, I coudln't do anythgin about it!" the man pleaded, rubbign his cheek.

"Norris, call in our favor with DOn Luigi in brooklyn... get me some guards posted around here... and none of those idiots with baseball bats, I want boxers, martial artists,and gunmen..." he yelled, kickign everyone out of the room and sitting on a pallet. His hair was discheveled, and his custom suit was missign soem of its elements. namely, he was wearign the pants, vest, and undershirt only.

"God i could use soem coffee." he said to the empty room. well, It would have been empty had the door not jsut opened...

[dash=red]Harley yawned as she woke up the next morning. She'd had some quite pleasant dreams. Hitting the off button of her alarm, she yawned and got ready for the morning. Slipping into her usual outfit she applied her make-up and headed to the cafe.

Getting the note she blinked, "huh...well...guess I can go then." She paused a moment in thought before grabbing something and leaving. When she arrived at Candy's office she knocked first and opened the door without waiting, "Oh Mista CCCCC!" she said cheerfully with a smile as she sauntered to his desk, "I was summoned it seems eh?" she giggled and kept her hands behind her back a moment, "Oh right...here" she slid the cup of coffee before him as she leaned on the desk a moment, "seems like a lotta stuff going on around here, so what's up mista C?" she asked innocently enough.[/dash]

"gods your an angel." he said, snapping the coffe from her and takign a large gulp. he held it in his mouth a moment and sighed gently.

"Someone sabotaged an entire vat of taffy base last night... I'm out eighty thousand dolalrs in product, and another fifteen in chemicals." he looked to her and sighed.

"We don't even know what chemical got dropped intot he vat." he said, walking out onto the balcony of the office, he looked down ontot he floor.

"And my scientists are stuck in weather in Dubois." he growled, sippgin his coffee again. he pointed to teh table with his other hand.

"there's a picture of the freak... a masked nuisance trying to butt into my business. i believe you are familiar with such things... but your pain in the neck didn't wear purple tights." he said. lookign at he bright green fluid turnign around int eh vat marked off with red tape fromt eh other vats.

[dash=red]"An Angel? Ha! Gods no! I'm a jester! To go with the joker" she sighed some at that thought before listening to what Candy had to say. Sounded like some prick with a stick up his ass to her. "Sounds like you got someone like the Bats! HA! What I wouldn't do if I could get my hands on HIM!" she said angrily as she made pretend choking gestures.

"What is up with the purple tights?" she said leaning forward over Candy some to get a closer look at the video, "So...what are your plans with this 'masked mystery'?" she asked taking a seat on the edge of his desk, "If he's anything like the Bat...mere guards won't do the trick. Why I oughta have that Batman's head on a platter for all the stuff he's done to poor old mista j!" she pouted some and laid down with a sigh, "Oh thank you for the pretty gift as well" she added with a smile cheering up some. [/dash]

"Mmmm hmm. " he replied still looking down at the ruined mess. " THey call him The Raven... bet he even got the idea from batman." Byron sighed heavily, ticking his fingers on the railguard.

"He pushed past a man on a scaffold eighty feett above ground... burst through a hole int eh wall, and flew off intot eh air like magic... This Isn't a gotham style menace... " he chuckled.

HE looked over to see Harley making the choking motions. " charming.." he added, finishing the coffe and discarding the cup as he stood by his desk, looking at the pictures.

"He's a rich boy... only five foot four, so he's young to boot. The spandex is crumpled in places, so its not a ccustom fit... sounds lieka trust fund baby who got overly righteous.. but why here.... there are plenty of fronts smugglign drugs and spy information, whyu me... unless. AHA!" Byron laughed a little, hsi intellect was showing as he typed up soem info ont eh computer.

"Unless his parents own stocks in my coorporation...that woudl mean he woudl have had the chance to hear a convorsation with.. unsavory numbers in it." he grinned.

"Seventeen of my shareholders have children... nngh.. aaaaaah BLAST IT!" he yelled, hittign his fist on the table fiercly.

"All but one has at LEAST one child of age... grrr... next time.. we'll be ready for him. I'll make sure of it myself." he said, sighing and leanign back. the caffeine was kickgin in.

"Oh sweet ambrosia of sugar filled cappucino delight..." he sighed, calming down.

"Miss quinn... Are you feeling like an extra zero on your next paycheck?" eh asked, eyes closed adn rockign in hsis chair, back and forth melodically.

[dash=red]Her ears perked as she heard the extra zero part. She'd been idly distracted while Mister Candy spoek to himself, but he seemed a fairly intelligent man. Rocking back and forth on her heels, she stopped mid rock and stood straight as the grin widened on her lips. Walking behind the seat that Mister Candy was sitting in she slid her hands onto his shoulders and began to methodically massage them to relieve the stress. She ewas quite good at what she did.

"Have you ever known Harley Quinn to pass up an offer like that Mista C? Now you leave it all to Harley here....I can take care of whatever you need, toots." She gave him a light peck on the cheek before walking back around to the front of his desk with her hands held behind her back, "So what'll it be this time?" [/dash]

"test what he accidentalyl dumped in the vat of taffy for me. a good helping. It wont hurt you, but if the effects are mild enough, i can market it still and it wont be a complete loss... Raven taffy." he giggled " THAT will get his attention" he smiled, something wicked was twisting within his mind.

Candy put his shoes up on his desk and reclined. " Miss Quinn... I think things are abotu to be less breing around here VERY soon." he smirked.

[dash=red]She blinked a moment as she looked at Candy with a slightly skeptical look, "You want to risk one of your best help to test that? You should get one of your idle goons to do it. That's what I would have done!" she smiled some but as he continued she quieted down. Raven taffy did have a nice ring to it, but she was still hesitant.

"Miss Quinn...I think things are about to be less doring around here VERY soon"

Raising an eyebrow she tilted her head some, "oh yeah? no kidding. Well...I guess if I have to..." she sighed, "Do I really have to Mista C?" she pouted some but he only nodded his head. Sighing she turned, "Alright" she looked like a sad puppy but she made the deal. "And if I survive this, things BETTER get more interesting or I might go back to Gotham City!" she jokingly stuck her tongue out at the boss before heading out to go test whatever the hell was in that vat of steaming chemicals and sugar.

"How do you get yourself into these things Harley" she spoke to herself as she marched down. She peered over the edge at the taffy as her stomach gave a soft growl. That's right, she hadn't eaten breakfast yet either. Usually she snuck some when she got into work. Well...better than nothing right? Gulping a moment she reached in to take off some slightly hardened taffy as she took a bite of the creamy textured sugar concoction. It had a VERY sweet taste to it with a slight tingling sensation afterwards before turning slightly bitter. She waited to see what the effects might be.[/dash]

Candy wanted to go to the balcony to watch her and make sure she was alright, but jsut then, a solitary shadow blocked the sunlight coming throught he window behind him. Candy emmediately grabbed his cane and flung his chair to the side as the Raven burst through his window. Candy's cane blocked the attacka nd he smirked at eh masked figure, plantign his foot in his chest and pushign off the attacker.

"En garde." candy smiled, smashing his cane into the ravens face twice before recieving an equal blow tot eh chin. blood mixed with his saliva as he reeled backwards, pulling the sword from his cane.

"So, when do you tell me what it is you wnat?" he asked. the Ravens face showed no emotion, probably because of the mask.

Meanwhile, No sound escaped to the floor below as she savored the Fruity taffy. there was definetely somethgin good happenign here, but the chemical was in enoguh mass to have added the bitter taste tot eh finish of the complex palate of flavors. the taffy wasn't quit finished, so it was only a little solid now, like caramel save the small floatign pieces of harder candy ontop. The candy went down thick and stuck in her tummy satisfyingly, however it didn't stay that way for long, disolving as her hunger woudl reappear. perhaps if candy knew she hadn't had breakfast eh woudln't have offered this deal.

Secretly, he knew it coudl only be two chemicals, either one woudl be interesting, but he had bigger chickens to fry.

"Are ye deaf too?" he asked the Masked assailant. He pointed the sword of his cane at him.

"Your products are harmfull and yoru methods are unethical. you must be stopped." The raven spoke in a sinister voice. Candy lowered his blade.

"I see..." he pressed the button on the inter-com to the frotn office. "Miss. Jennings, when you take your lunch break in twenty minutes, woudl you bring me a seltzer water and four Advils?"

"Yes, Mister Candy." came the reply.

"Thank you." he said, closign his eyes for a moment, sheething his sword and droppign his cane before charging the raven again. He wasn't goign down without one HELL of a fight.

[dash=red]Well, she was still alive. That was something. Her stomach gave a soft growl, despite the faint ache that it had from the sweet and bitter tastes. Despite her will power she reached forward to have a bit more of the sticky substance to satiate her hunger a bit more. This time around it kept the sweeter taste for a longer period before hitting the bitter after taste. She felt the warm tingling sensation starting in her toes and making its way throughout her body. It was dizzying almost!

She happened to glance up toward Candy's office where the balcony was. She was almost surprised, and sad, that he hadn't come out to see if she was even okay. "How rude!" she said sticking her tongue out at the empty space a moment.

"Well, guess I'll have to just go see him and hope that this doesn't have any lasting effects. Bleck that bitter taste afterwards..." she groaned a bit before skipping up the stairs toward Candy's office. She hummed a bit as she knocked lightly on the door, "Mista C!! Mista C" she said in a sing song tone, "Can I come in? I--"

She paused a moment as she heard voices and scuffling inside. "hmmm what's this?" she raised a curious eye brow as she reached forward and twisted the doorknob.[/dash]

(I rolled a dice to see what chemical had been dumped in the vat)

As she ascended the stairs, every step felt a littel harder to go up. The taffy was expanding in her stomach, A chemical meant to reproduce that stuff once introduced to saliva so that it lasted longer. Candy's 'everlastign gobbstopper' so to speak. but this much of the chamical at one time was near deadly as it expanded to quadruple its size quickly, swelling Harleys stomach rather quickly as it visibly rose.

As she opened the door, she would see The Raven had Candy pinned to the table, his fist in the air and Byron's nose bleeding. seconds later a tough right hook to the face sent the Raven reeling towards harley. As he looked up, he looked just like the Batman... but only for a moment. He had a broken bleeding nose and a missign tooth with a suprised growl on hsi face. He stared at harley for a moment, then pulled up his arms to attack her...

The growth was begining to be painful and makign itself pronounced as it stretched her outfit, gettign heavier by the second and exceeding what coudl pass as normal.

Just then, A telephone cord wrapped around his neck from afar and Candy pulled him tot eh ground, curb stomping him, but he moved in tiem to only recieve a bash to hsi shoulderblade, enough to make him dash for the window in retreat.

"STry to stop me again, You'll FInd Byron Candy Is no pushover, you Flea infested fake!" he yelled, throwing his grenade paperweight at the raven as he leaped out into the air. THe resulting explosion sent him catapultign intot he tree had had ascended to get there and Byron laughed as a motorcycle roared and the Raven escaped. He had not yet turned around to face Harley.

"Panzy..." he panted, bruised and sore himself. he was pantign rather hard and clutched his left arm painfully. "Bastard." he added, spitting out the broken window. Sirens coudl be heard outside, chasing the motorcycle.

[dash=red]Harley had missed most of the clash between the two. She was feeling quite sick by the time she got up to Candy's office. Her stomach was expanding making her almost look as if she were pregnant now. Groaning softly, she wrapped her hands around her midsection as she watched the last of the fight before her.

When the Raven had made his hasty escape Candy threw his exploding paper weight at the bastard. This caused Harley to smile some but it soon turned into a grimace of discomfort as her stomach lurched again. She staggered forward toward Candy, "I tested it for ya Mista C...but I don't feel so good..." she had had her fair share of the stuff. Before Candy could really reply Harley staggered once more and suddenly fell over and passed out from the discomfort.

This brought a new meaning to being sick to your stomach from sweets.[/dash]

Candy turned at her voice and caught her in his arms, watchign her stomach churn and stretch her costume.

"what in the name of god is this... this is no chemical we use!..." he put a hand on her stomach to feel it. it was pperfectly round and squishy tot eh touch. Candy went througth eh math in his head and lay Harley on the couch, pullgin the vblack leather furniture to the side fo his desk and pulling out his laptop. he went through order files, research documents, and several other resources.

Here were his results. the multiplication element of the maternity malt drops worked on the hormone level to produce their effects... that, mixed with the chemical already int eh taffy, an addiction free confection with A chemical coctail for relaxation, had a horribly IMPOSSIBLE reaction. Candy was infact a doctor of chemistry, but nobody knew that, and he would NEVER admit it.

"god Damn, if serendipity and chaos were somethign modern science coudl anticipate and mimic, I woudln't have to develop a new candy every month to stay ontop of the market..." he siaghed, laygin back. Poor harleys belly was expanding by the minute still, her outfit woudln't last much longer.

Candy punched the desk and flew out of his chair, staring down at the vat of taffy goo. "That va was supposed to be full of the INTENTIONAL reproduction chemical that made the taffy expand when induced to an acidic environment...god DAMN that raveN!" he yelled, throwing his fist intot eh air and cursing a few times before returning to his desk, laying a wet rag on Harley's forehead.