Sweet Tooth or Sour Note

Harley smiled as she winked at Byron, "You bet Mista C!" her smile widened at the mention of a sweet tooth, "well I know a thing or two about sweets" she quietly finished her breakfast as she stood and took the dishes to the sink dumping them in with the others, "Well I'll leave you be cookie. I'm sure you've got a busy day! Ta ta for now cookie!" she moved behind him and leaned over his shoulder, giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading off to work.

Strolling into work, Harley seemed to have a glow about her as she hummed and got to work. She didn't even notice the whispers about her behind her back form the co-workers. She honestly didn't care. When closing time came, she got to work on inventory with a pleasant disposition. All the while also thinking of fun ways to destroy the Raven.

"my my... what an interesting life this has turned out to be afterall." Byron smiled, sipping his coffee.

The place was deserted as Harley made it into the new inventory, and sure enough, there was a new bounty of interesting treats sitting in there. The pastries were wrapped fresh in wax papers instead of pre-packaged plastic, and several other unique presentations of goods were sitting on shelves newly stocked.

The new list included-

puff pastries- Buttery crisp fluffy breakfast pastries in lemon, raspberry, pecan praline, dutch apple, and cherry swirl.

Seven layer frostcake- a fruity frozen confection light as angel food cake with an ice-cream core layered with seven varieties of flavors.

Midnight Mint bars- Coconut cream, mint layer, and dark chocolate coating snackbars with a hint of warm cinnamon.

Chocolate caramel submarines- Chocolate covered Caramel and nugget after-dinner treats, cryogenically frozen and then dipped in hot fudge before serving.

The new smells were invigorating and strange, And the added note on harleys manifest noted teh new ability of the pastries. adding weight, and cutting it away all at once. the perfect treat for repeat offenders with a sweet tooth, because these new confections had no rammifications on your waistline.

Harley spent a good time going carefully through the inventory. Despite her sweet tooth, she was actually quite good with sampling the merchandise sparingly. She did just enough so taht she was able to decide where things should go. She wanted to surprise Byron and get everything set up as much as she could for the open house of the new merchandise.

Humming happily and wearing a work apron she was busy dusting, rearranging, and placing the new merchandise, "Cookie will be so pleased with this" she said happily as she danced about. When she was finished, she dialed Byron's office, "Cookie, it's Harley Quinn! I has a present for you come down to the candy shop! No I can't tell you it's a surprise silly!" with that she hung up and went back out front to wait for Byron to appear.

"b-but.... *sigh* heh.. alwyas full of suprises that one." Byron chuckled to himself, grabbign his car keys. It took Byron maybe half an hour to make it to the cafe. he parked his car behind the store and entered from the Kitchen.

"Harley?" He yelled out, wonderign where she was. he had on somethgin a little more casual than usual. A button up shirt with slacks and dress shoes, no vest, coat, or hat today. lettign his midlength hair dangle off his head.

Harley had nearly fallen asleep as she waited for Byron. She'd sorta closed up shop a bit early so that no one would disrupt things, and hoped that Byron wouldn't mind. Hearing Byron call her name she perked and turned, "coming cookie!" she called back and hurried to meet him before he could wander in to see her set-up of the new goods.

Meeting him, her eyes scanned him as she blushed faintly. He was even cuter when he dressed down! Oh how her heart pounded in her chest, and that smile he gave her. She felt like a little girl with a huge crush again! Gaining control of herself, she smiled, "You came!! I'm so happy! I have something to show you! But you have to c lose your eyes first! no peeking!" she said covering his eyes from behind him. Making sure his eyes were closed, she took hsi hand, "this way!" she lead him to the front/showcase room and turned the lights on.

"Alright, open! What ya think Mista C?!" she spread her arms out in a showy fashion and waited for his response.

"..." Byron opened his eyes and blinked a few times, making sure he was actually seeign what he was seeing.

"holy puff pastries... It's.. perfect!' he scoffed, he couldn't believe she ahd done THIS much THIS quickly and BY HERSELF even! Byron wandered forward a few steps and viewed the display cases, nametags of the new goods, the setup was perfect, accenting every pastry with another. Across the way were several re-arranged candy cases aswell.

" you've really outdone yourself this time." he smiled, heaving a sigh of relief. " I owe you one, Ms. Quinn." he smile,d turning to her with open arms.

Harley was thrilled that Mista C was content with her arrangements. Seeing the open arms she hesitated a moment, but then a smile beamed on her face as she ran to his open arms, "Oh I'm so happy you like it Mista C!" she exclaimed as she nuzzled him to him some, feeling his arms wrap around her. This was a nice feeling. A very nice feeling...Mista J only rarely gave her praise such as this. Why she remembered when she tried to surprise him for their seven year anniversary, boy what a load that was!

"You don't owe Harley nothing! You're giving her a place to stay, and that's well enough!"

Harley turned to admire her work with a content sigh, "I put all my heart and soul into this! Just like the old days when I used to help Mista J try to capture bat-breath..." she frowned a moment in thought as she brought her figner to her lips, "I wonder what MIsta J is up to now...." poor harley, she couldn't help it.

Byron paused for a moment... would Harley ever forgive him if she knew Jack Napier AKA, the JOKER of GOtham city was Byron 'candy's half brother. the candymaker paused for a moment and couldn't help but feel his grasp on Harley tighten a bit as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

" Thank you Harley... You've done more than i could have hoped and then some." he said, uncertain where next to take this union of criminal intent. Byron had done a bang up job walking the line between legality and organized crime for years withoutt he police finding out... Though he knew it was only amatter of tiem before someones tongue slipped. he had to make sure he would not fnd himself in a situation he coudl not gracefully rise from.

Harley felt her cheeks tint and start to turn hot when Byron began to praise her. The little nuzzle to her neck made her gulp nervously and her heart flutter some. She wriggled free a moment and rubbed the back of her head some, "gee Mista C! It aint nothing! only the best for my cookie!" she said with a smile and a wink as she took a sample of one of the candies nearby, "These'll sell like hot cakes, toots! You're such a candy genius!" she glanced around a moment, "Hey, cookie, uh...you wouldn't mind if I took off the rest of the day would ya? I wanted to do some shopping!"

It was true. Harley needed some new clothing. After all, a girl had to have a fabulous set of clothing to show off! granted she generally seemed to wear her jester outfit, but she had normal clothing too! It was high time Harley got a new set of clothing anyways. She couldnt' stay cooped up all by her lonesome forever! She needed to start getting out and exploring the city more. Maybe she'd look for some new pets. She had to, sadly, leave Bud and Lou with Joker when she left Gotham. Yes...it was quite lonely for her sometimes. Though, now that she was staying with Mista C...perhaps things wouldn't be as bad. Still..

Byron nodded and pulled out his wallet, handing her a sizeable wad of cash. several fifties and a few hundred dollar bills, teh entire contents of his wallet, almost without looking. " ANything for you. especially after this." he said, stuffing the money into her open cleavage gently and walkign past her, looking over his little candy shop of horrors.

" my my..." he thought to himself. She really had outdone every single expectation he had ever had for the young Harley. His thoughts wandered a moment to what she would be getting for herself. woudl he ever see her out of her costume and such?.. and did it really matter. nobody could put out THAT MUCH emotion ina disguise... not even proffesional con artists had their flaws. but Harley, no harley was different. there was somethgin pleasing about her psychosis.