Sweet Tooth or Sour Note

Well, it seemed Raven was a lucky man today. Her ears perked some when she heard Byron's voice, but a pout lingered on her lips when he ordered her to stop. She smiled at the complement and stuck her tongue out at Raven as Candy gave him a piece of his mind. Seeing the gun in Candy's hands, Harley's eyes widened as she felt like a little girl.

Her stomach was warm, and slightly ached, but she managed to compose herself. Raven was taken away as she was left with Byron alone, and he asked if she was alright. She noticed him taking a quick glance at her figure as he asked the question. Harley smiled and suddenly wrapped her arms around Byron, "My hero, Cookie!!" She nuzzled into his neck a moment before letting go, "It'll take more than that to keep me down, Mista C!" Harley flexed a moment for Byron before her stomach gave a gurgle and she slid to her knees.

"I think I have a belly ache again though..." she groaned some holding her stomach. She kept her other thoughts to herself as she tried to stay cheerful, "Did Harley Quinn do you good, Mista C?" she looked innocently up at him.

Byron kneeled down and picked her up in his arms, sweeping her to his Extravagent Car. "Well.. i've worked all day on a fizzy pop for just sucha thing.. You did VERY well." he chuckled.

" ANd no.. your NOT a guinea pig.. i already had some myself... it's .." he looked at her figure and squeezed her a little in his arms. " Delicious." he chuckleda little. That damn blush bon bon batter was NOT meant for consumption in the amount she had had.

Harley blushed some as Candy picked her up. He was strong that was for sure. Nuzzling comfortably into him she listened to what he said abotu the fizzy pop and couldn't help but blush some. When he squeezed her a little she giggled some, "Oh Mista C...my hero" she sighed and curled up into him. Mista J wouldn't usually show affection like this. Harley liked the attention. She'd tried multiple times with the Joker, but his affections were shown in rather different ways.

"So what you plan to do with bird brains Mista C?" she asked looking up at her boss.

Byron entered the back of his car. the remainign grunt began driving, a glass window between the two of them and the driver.

"Well.. i was bluffing. honestly i have NO idea who he is yet.. but he thinks i do.. which means something will be happenign either TO one of my associates.. or WITH their kid." he smiled at her, kissing her hand.

" This little fiasco will prove his undoing either way." he smiled at her. " Have i told you how luxuriously perfect you look in that new outfit yet.. ms. quinn?" he added.

Harley was beside herself as she blushed and giggled some at Byron, "Oh Mista C you tease you! Honestly, I think the outfit is growing on me. I'm glad you like it since you picked it out Mista C! impeccable taste I says!" she smiled as she curled up into Byron a bit, her heart fluttering. It felt nice to actually be appreciated by her boss. As much as she loved Mista J...he never showed her appreciation and affection like this! Least not consistently, and certainly in a much different manner.

"mista C...I don't feel really safe until we take care of that Bird head! Do ya mind if I crash at your place tonight Mista C? I won't impose and I'll be REALLY good, I promise! It's just...I get so awfully lonely at my place sometimes" she traced a circle on his leg as she waited for his reply. She fully expected some sarcastic remark like from the Joker, but she tried to keep her hopes high.

"Well... no can't say i want you crashign there." he said, sighing, then sat her on the seat beside him and dusting himself off. He looked a little disgruntled for a moment then smiled at her.

" But I would love for you to make yourself at home for as long as you like." he said gently, reaching for the minifridge infront of him and pulling out two bottles of fizzypop.

There was something alluringly gentle behind those crazy eyes Of Harley Quinn. 'God help me.' thought Byron. 'whatever happened to a proffesional relationsship...' he thought, handing Harley the soda and poppign the lid on his own.

For a brief moment she was about to be disappointed, but then Byron surprised her. Her disappointment melted and a smile appeared on her face as Byron reached for the mini-fridge. She took the fizzy pop and took off the lid, "To the best boss a gal could ask for!" she cheered and took a drink from her fizzy pop. It tickled her nose and she gave a loud burp as she quickly covered her mouth and giggled, "oops, excuse me Mista C" she chuckled and settled herself next to Byron, resting her head on his shoulder, "Harley Quinn will make sure you won't even know I'm there! I'll be a good house guest, I promise, cookie"

"of course you will be, ms. Quinn." he smiled, pattign her head and drinking his fizzy pop, illiciting a burp that he chuckled off. his home was humble as far as mansions go. little security save a detail of hired mercenaries.

He opened teh front door to her and helped her inside. " My maid anna is going to your apartment in the morning to retrieve your things, but until then, well i suggest you make yourself at home however else you please." Byron yawned, walking into the kitchen for a bite to eat and putting water on for tea.

Harley's eyes widened as she looked inside the mansion, "ooooo it's so fancy! Mista J never had anything like this!" she giggled a bit with glee as she skipped and cartwheeled forward exploring the place. As she explored, Harley found an empty room and pushed her way inside. There was a beautiful walk-in closet as she stepped inside and looked around. There seemed to be an array of various dresses and female clothing. Curious, she scanned through the stuff, "Wonder why cookie has these?" she mused. Her fingers traced over the intricate outfits as she stopped upon a black and red nightgown as she smiled and pulled it out, "I wonder if cookie would mind. I do need something to sleep in after all" she said tapping her chin in thought. Shrugging she slipped out of her outfit and into the nightgown as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"wow Mista J would never think twice of this" she raised a curious eyebrow as she turned with a sly grin, "hmm I wonder...lalalala" she hummed as she skipped back down the stairs toward the kitchen where she heard the tea being made. Poking her head in she smiled, "I hope you dont mind that I went exploring Cookie." She said and fixed her hair a bit, "I found something nice to wear...what do you think cookie?" she slipped fromt he door and presented herself, giving a slow spin around, "It's a nice fit too doncha think?"

Byron turned around and almsot dropped the cheeseknife in his hand. he was makeing a cheese and cracker board along with the two cups of tea, and fumblign with it he set it back on the block without looking.

" you look..." he paused, trying to find the word and smiling vividly. " Magnificent." he said in awe filled revery of her form. truth be told, the incident with the taffy had not made her figure as bad as she personaly thought. IT hung off her ample chest so perfectly, that her collarbone was accented as if on a ceramic vace.

"Truly gorgeous." he added moments later as the teapot began to boil, poofing steam onto his chest, distracted, he fumbled to move the pot before it burned his chest, now only clothed in the undershirt he wore beneath tehedress shirt.

Byron himself was a rather muscular character.. afterall he had beaten The Raven... severely, with his bare hands.

peppermint or spearmint?" he said sheepishly, turnign off the burner with a slight CLICK. The gown made his mind wander where it hadn't before.. well.. not like this. He had everything.. money, power.. his health. but BYron Candy was missing one thing in his life. someone to share it with.

Harley barely noticed teh effect the outfit seemed to have on Byron. She was simply used to being ignored, so things didnt' always register right away with her. She smiled as she looked over Byron while he prepared the tea. He was such a handsome fella! Simply dreamy in her younger days she would have said. "Peppermint will do, Cookie" she simply said as she went over to the cheese board and swiped a piece, "You have a nice place I have to say! So many rooms and goodies!" she giggled again and hopped up on the counter top watching him finish the tea, "You live in this big place all by your lonesome?"

"well theres two maids, btu their here during the day when I'm at the factory, so i really don't get to see anyone but my reflection when I'm here." he said simply.

He set teh teabags intot eh mugs with a bit of sugar, a drop of honey and thent he hot water. one icecube apiece, and he stirred them to the perfect temperature, handing the peppermint to Harley.

He had to tear his eyes away from her figure as he worked, but held up his mug to her. "It's good to have company, Ms. Quinn." he smiled.

"Aww Mista C!" she said sipping the warm tea. It made her tummy tingle as she smiled, "mmmm this is good Mista C!!" hopping from the counter, she landed gracefully and smoothed her nightgown out, "You need more people to live in a place like this MIsta C! Even ol Harley gets lonely and I'm in a small apartment!" the bells on her hand jingled as she moved about. she always was animated when she spoke.

Setting her cup down on the table she bit her lip a moment with her back toward Byron. Well Harley, just be bold. What's the worst that could happen? she mused to herself. "So--" she started, crossing her arms behind her back still facing away from Byron, "Mista C...I was sorta wondering. If you're here all by your lonesome, you must...not have any us...relations." she blushed but let it fade some before she turned around to face, "Why's that Mista C? Do you have anyone special in yous life?" she smiled leaning forward slightly waiting, giving him a nice view if he so chose. Gee, wasn't she just so subtle.

His heart skipped a beat at her looks and her query. " well i.. no.. no relations in a long time.. no one special.." he sighed a little, staring into her eyes, but his attention on her chest.

"I guess i never looked around much. nobody ever really stood out to me...before." he said, not finishing the sentence. his face was shaven in a clean goatee and mustache, and his hair back in a hairband. he looked less like a millionaire and more like a thug, which he had never been. an impressive man with strange habits.. that was Byron Candy.

Harley smiled, her hopes perked a bit. Not taken? Well that certainly made things better for her. She finished her tea and cleaned up her cup as she walked past, "Well, if you ever get lonesome you can always count on Harley Quinn!" she said giving Byron a kiss on the cheek before leaving. She gave a backwards wave before exiting.

she began to wander around the large mansion, pondering what Byron might do with Bird Face, and if he might fancy her. "Well...I'm sure Mista J would understand. Pudding never gave me the time of day like Cookie does....but Harley Quinn Pudding still cares about you, right? Well why hasn't he tried to see how yous doing? Well maybe he's busy!? No don't be silly Harley Quinn! You've got it all here. Cookie cares, and gives you the time of day..." she trailed off playing devils advocate with herself. Sighing she shook her head some adn entered another random room.

Here on every wall was a glass case filled with candy wrappers. The very first bar of chocolate he ever produced, and one display for every candy he had made. the room was covered with HUNDREDS of candies in glass cases, locked and displaying the reason BYron Candy's Candy reigned supreme...

He made EVERYTHING... taffies, candybars, healthbars, and soda's. He was truly a genius wth a sweet tooth.

"damn Byron what are you doing." he sighed, sitting on the stool by the bar int eh kitchen. He stared at the cheeseboard and put it int eh fridge, walking out intot eh main room. it felt.. more full somehow. and for the first time in his life, walking into the display rooom with Harley, he felt truly happy.

" My empire built of sugar." he said, smiling at her. " and your part of it now, ms. Quinn. And for as long as you like you have a place by my side." he said, turning to exit.

'good one, Byron...' he thought to himself, leaving Harley to her thoughts and going up to his bedroom. 'your becoming rather saucy in your middle age.' he said to himself as he closed the door behind himself.

Harley turned when she heard Byron's voice again. She chuckled a bit, "Mista Byron Candy, empire of sweets, and such a sweet heart he is to little old Harley Quinn!" he smiled upon her and then continued. She wasn't sure what to quite make of his words, but she blushed and fell silent as he left to do his own thing. Finally Harley sighed, "well no use giving yourself a headache" she said and shuffled along to her room. Or a random room she decided to claim as her own. Jumping onto the bed, she hugged teh pillow, "Oh mista C" she sighed and quickly fell asleep.

In the morning, Byron would be awoken by the smell of pancakes and other breakfast foods cooking in the kitchen, as well as a Harley Quinn in an apron. Only the best for her boss!

Byroon yawned and stood up, pulling his robe tight around him and stretching in his pajama pants.

"arrrrgh.. hmm?" he mumbled, smellign the luscious scent of buttery pancakes. " Oh my... ms. quinn?" he said to the air as eh made his way downstairs. sure enough, there she was, cooking in his kitchen in a white apron.

" Well, my my... good morning, Ms. Quinn..." he said in sincere suprise.

"hmm hm hmm hm hm hmmm" Harley was happily humming as she finished making the extravagant breakfast. She turned around when Byron appeared, "Mista C! Good morning sir! I hope you dont mind. Harley Quinn thought she'd be nice and make you some breakfast to show how greatful I am for all you do for little ol me" she smiled and directed him to his seat as she put the loads of food infront of him, "eat up cookie!" she gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to clean up so she could eat, "lalala" she continued her morning melody as she tossed everything into the sink and added her apron on top, "all done!" she giggled and took her seat. Well...she still had some bad habits from the joker, but still. It was part of her charm, right?

"So...what are our plans today Mista C? Oh..well I have to go into work don't I--guess I sort of got back into the old habit like with mista J" she sighed faintly.

"yes, it is abotu tiem you went back to work, Ms. Quinn." he smiled, taking a bite of food. it was perfect. well, for him it was.

"However, there should be several new products there by now, and i need you to take inventory tonight. thnk you can handle it?" he smiled.

Across town, A rather large shipmentof goods was already being delivered to the cafe. across the street at Byron's bakery, new sweet treats were being released for the first time. These new delightshad a new special ingredient. or rather, a LACK of ingredients. the addictive chemical was ommited in place of a re-engineered formula that both stimulated weight loss, and had the taffy compound in it.

Byrons genius was at it again. Now his customers coudl eat as much of his sweets as they wanted, and they wouldn't end up like blimps for it.

"you can even taste-test them for me, I've never seen it, but Im sure you have aconnoisseur's sweet tooth, hmm? " he smiled kindy at her, taking a sip of that wonderous coffee she made.