SURVIVOR -- Iwaku Edition -- LET THE GAMES BEGIN

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Couple of questions, by the way:
1: Are we still allowed to make suggestions for challenges?
2: How strict do we have to abide to the theme? For example, the first thing most people would think about with 'zombies' would be either some kind of high fantasy thing or a zombie apocalypse. However, I could also imagine it being about a caffeine addict before his/her first cup of coffee, to give just one example.
3: How is the time limit calculated? That is to say, what time zone does it use, when does it start/end etc.

1. After putting some thought into it, I have determined that it's unfair to allow players to make suggestions. In addition, the actual theme will be kept secret until the round actually begins, so that no one can begin writing their pieces in advance.
2. You can follow the theme as strictly or loosely as you see fit. However, you do run the risk of being eliminated if you don't stick well enough to the theme. Use your best judgement! Remember, this game isn't about writing the best piece: it's about writing the piece that isn't worst. The winner of this game can, in theory, write the second-worst piece every single time. XD
3. The time limits will be calculated from the time the starting post is posted. For example, if I post "ROUND ONE STARTING" at 1400 Central Standard and give a 24 hour limit, at 1400 CST the following day the challenge will end. Don't worry about time zones; I will always give time limits in 24, 36(maybe), or 48 hour intervals.

1. After putting some thought into it, I have determined that it's unfair to allow players to make suggestions. In addition, the actual theme will be kept secret until the round actually begins, so that no one can begin writing their pieces in advance.
2. You can follow the theme as strictly or loosely as you see fit. However, you do run the risk of being eliminated if you don't stick well enough to the theme. Use your best judgement! Remember, this game isn't about writing the best piece: it's about writing the piece that isn't worst. The winner of this game can, in theory, write the second-worst piece every single time. XD
3. The time limits will be calculated from the time the starting post is posted. For example, if I post "ROUND ONE STARTING" at 1400 Central Standard and give a 24 hour limit, at 1400 CST the following day the challenge will end. Don't worry about time zones; I will always give time limits in 24, 36(maybe), or 48 hour intervals.

1. Yeah, that makes sense. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :P
2. Okay, got it. Now, should I play the underdog that nobody worries about, or the expert (*coughyeahrightcough*) that nobody wants to lose? Choices, choices...
3. Thought as much. Uhm... I don't want to be a jerk or anything, but i'd prefer challenges to be at least 36-48 hours. I mean, I know that on at least one day per week (friday, to be exact), I simply won't be able to write at all. I'm sort of assuming that other people have this same problem, but on different days? Either way, it sort of feels unfair for people to be disqualified on grounds of not being able to get on in cases like that.

1. Yeah, that makes sense. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :P
2. Okay, got it. Now, should I play the underdog that nobody worries about, or the expert (*coughyeahrightcough*) that nobody wants to lose? Choices, choices...
3. Thought as much. Uhm... I don't want to be a jerk or anything, but i'd prefer challenges to be at least 36-48 hours. I mean, I know that on at least one day per week (friday, to be exact), I simply won't be able to write at all. I'm sort of assuming that other people have this same problem, but on different days? Either way, it sort of feels unfair for people to be disqualified on grounds of not being able to get on in cases like that.

Well, it strikes me as a little unfair that one or two people should hold up the game for everyone else. ^^
But, tell you what. Once we have ten people, I'll see what days of the week everyone can reply. If there are any days that seem pretty much out, any challenges covering those days will be 48 instead of 24 hour.

I'll play :)

Curious about how the group challenges will work though.
Do we all write something and then choose as a team which one we want to submit? or do we all write a piece of it? or something else entirely.

Reactions: Lady Sabine
I'll play :)

Curious about how the group challenges will work though.
Do we all write something and then choose as a team which one we want to submit? or do we all write a piece of it? or something else entirely.
That will be up to the team. I don't care who wrote it or how it's written, as long as it gets in on time. ^^
Your first duty as a team will be to elect a team captain, who will send me the final piece. Maybe xe wrote it xerself, chose someone else's writings, or you all collaborated... in the end, it's the team captain who makes that decision. If xe does a bad job, you can fire your team captain and choose another one at any time, or if you lose, vote xir off.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Alright. Since no new people seem to be joining, I move that we begin the games with only eight players. If I can get five players to approve this, we will continue without the final two.

Reactions: - Falcon -
Good to go.

That's two. We need to either recruit two more players or have three more approve continuing now.

I agree as well :)

Alright. ^^ Two more of either.

It works for me ^_^

Alright. Just one more for continuing, then. ^^

I'd like to join this game of yours ^.^
Sorry to interrupt the one person needed to start

So... that would bring us to 9 players, something that obviously isn't divisible by 2. What's the new plan, assuming no tenth person will join?

Considering this was started in February, would finding a tenth person be so hard??

You know, I don't think there would actually be anything wrong with having one team be larger than the other. We'll start on Friday- whether or not we get another person. ^^

Reactions: - Falcon -
Just as an FYI, Mondays are going to be really bad days to expect to get anything good from me. I know you mentioned wanting to know stuff like that so there it is :)

Hey, would it be possible for me to join? I read this whole thread, and I know you're starting in a couple days my time, so I don't know if I can. But I'd like to! I'm free pretty much every day. If a plan doesn't allow me to write one day, I can inform in advance.

This looks all kinds of epic... I haven't really written a short story before, but I'm certainly willing to try and work with a group. If nothing else it will be a great challenge. Also, sounds like a great way to meet new people even if I'm the first voted out.

May I join?

Also, what's the reward for winning? Out of pure curiosity. :-)