Surprise in the Haystack

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abele sighed, pausing a moment, before beginning to walk to town. He figured he'd probably miss dinner at this point, but he doubted his father would really mind, since he was working a job at the moment. After all, work first, right?

The rest of his day was pretty dull. He helped Abele's father with chopping wood for the fireplace and bringing it inside. He didn't do much after that until dinner. He would have helped cook but that was Isabella's duty. He waited by the door for Abele. When Celia called for dinner, Jacob was reluctant to move. As he sat at the dinner table, he kept glancing at the door. Each time he imagined Abele walking through the door. It never happened.

It was late at night when Abele returned. He walked in, setting parcels on the table for when his father woke up the next morning, and heading straight for his room. He was relieved to be home; the city wasn't the place for him. Sighing, he shrugged off his coat, hanging it on the door knob. It was very late, so he REALLY wasn't expecting to see Jacob awake, but after last night he wasn't sure.

Jacob fell asleep that night, but it wasn't peaceful. He tossed and turned on the bed, the sheets tangled at his feet. He broke out into a cold sweat as his nightmares resurfaced. He whimpered in his sleep, mumbling. He threw his head back and forth, groaning. In his dreams he was fighting for his life. The merchants from the caravan had found him. They were trying to make him come back, stealing him from the farm. "No," he whimpered, sobs beginning to bubble up in his sleep. Jacob kicked his feet, trying to rid himself of imaginary hands. "I don't want to go back," he groaned.

Abele looked over, before sighing a bit. He walked over, and softly got in the bed next to Jacob, putting an arm around him to see if that would help. He wasn't sure it would; Jacob could quite possibly, in his fitful dream, think that he was the person trying to take him. But Abele was going to try it anyway.

"NO!" Jacob gasped, sitting up quickly. He panted heavily, eyes searching the room. When his eyes landed on Abele he visibly relaxed. "You're back," he breathed. To say Jacob would be relieved would be an understatement. He fell to the bed, wrapping his arms around Abele tightly. He didn't say it but he had been really worried when Abele hadn't come back before he'd went to sleep. He tucked his face into Abele's neck, inhaling deeply.

Abele rubbed his back soothingly with a sigh "Yea, it's me. Calm down a bit." he said, though it was more of a mumble than anything else "You alright? You seemed a bit freaked out. Well, more than a bit. A lot freaked out."

Jacob nodded, relaxing his hold on Abele. "I'm fine now," he whispered. He moved back just enough to look at Abele in the dark, but not far enough that he had to let go. "How was it...the city?" He asked. He still wanted to see it. He was really curious about what the city was like. "I'm sorry I couldn't go to help."

"It was fine." Abele said nonchalantly "For the city. I don't like the city, so....yea." He paused, before yawning a bit "And it's fine that you didn't go, seriously, I've been going alone my whole life. Now, get some sleep, would you? It's late, and I gotta get up early again tomorrow, you know?"

Jacob chuckled softly. He leaned in, resting his forehead on Abele's. "Okay," he whispered softly. He was tired, not having a restful sleep at all. "I can help tomorrow too," Jacob said softly. He let his eyes close, enjoying the closeness of Abele. He didn't know what it meant, but he didn't care. He liked the way his heart beat faster when Abele held him like this. He liked how it felt to have his body so close. Jacob reached up, tugging Abele's hair out of the tie he used to keep it up and let his fingers feel its softness. He sighed softly, falling asleep a few minutes later.

Abele felt his face heat up a bit at the contact, and took a deep breath. He just noticed how close Jacob was, and how nice this was, and how not normal this was. After a moment, he relaxed a bit, but still was unsure of what this meant. Either way, though, he had to sleep. He'd figure it out tomorrow. So, he closed his eyes, and drifted off.

Jacob woke up the next morning rather early. He blinked the sleep from his eyes, noticing that he was still face to face with Abele. He felt his heart leap into his throat, able to clearly see him in the morning light. Jacob swallowed hard, eyes moving over his features. It made his stomach twist. He watched Abele sleep, blushing at the sweetness of his features when he was relaxed.

Abele stayed asleep for a bit longer. He shifted every now and then, even at some points getting closer to Jacob. His hair, like it had been the previous morning, was a complete mess, tousled and sticking up. One of his arms was around Jacob, and the other just laid between the two. He didn't appear to be waking up anytime soon this morning, probably since he was out so late the other night.

Jacob twirled a piece of Abele's hair between his fingers. He smiled at the feeling. He let it drop, fingertips ghosting over Abele's cheek. Jacob bit his bottom lip shyly as he traced Abele's features with the pad of his fingertips. He'd be mortified if Abele woke up right now, there was no way to explain what he was doing. Jacob didn't even know what he was doing. His finger moved over the curve of his jaw, up his chin, dancing around Abele's soft lips. Jacob's eyes honed in Abele's soft lips. They looked so soft.

Abele shifted a bit more, and mumbled a bit in his sleep, a sign he was waking up. But, he wasn't waking up quickly enough to notice what Jacob had been doing. That actually didn't seem to disturb his rest at all; he seemed to be waking up on his own, without any help from the other boy

A smile flashed over Jacob's face. He retracted his hand, not wanting to get caught. He rest his hand on Abele's hip. He closed his eyes so Abele didn't know he'd been watching him in his sleep. His heart hammered in his chest as he forced his breathing to even out. He was nervous about being caught.

It was another moment til Abele was fully awake. Slowly, he moved his arm from around able, and got up, trying not to disturb the other. He thought Jacob was honestly asleep, and had no idea he was actually awake. So, of course he was going to act a bit cautious, he didn't want to make any loud noises.

"No wait," Jacob said quietly, feeling Abele move. He wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him to his chest. "Can we have a few more minutes?" He asked softly. Even if they stayed in just a tad bit late, with the two of them working, they'd surely finish early anyways.

Abele felt his face heat up once more, like last night, at the sudden close contact, and he stumbled over his words a bit as he spoke.

"Well, u-h, sure. Sure. Yes. Okay." he said, trying not to completely be flustered

Jacob smiled, relaxing. He pulled Abele to his chest, sighing in contentment. "I like this," he mumbled. He didn't mean to let it slip out, facing burning once he realized what he'd said. Jacob didn't say anything after that. He wasn't even sure what he was supposed to say after a confession like that. He chewed his bottom lip and hid his face between the pillow and Abele, heart hammering. His fingers played with the hem of Abele's shirt, just something he did to distract himself from his nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.