Surprise in the Haystack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next morning, Abele moved to get up, before remembering he didn't actually have a farm to tend to. So, he settled back onto the bed with a sigh, grimacing a bit. Even if he wanted to go back, he really couldn't now. The deed was done, and his parents would murder him more at this point.

While Jacob slept peacefully next to Abele, Celia marched up the stairs of her home. She knocked on her son's door, still quite upset about the previous day. If anyone found out their whole family would be disgraced. Celia herself was mortified when Jessica had came over. She was adamant that it had to made up until she thought about how close the boys were. When she went to dispell the horrible rumor Mary had told her mother, Celia was disgusted to see the boys in an all too intimate embrace. It made her sick to her stomach and she couldn't stand to look at them. However, at the end of the day Abele was her son and she couldn't kick him out. She could ignore what he'd done as long as Jacob and his evil intentions were far far away from her son.

A scream broke the serenity of the farm that morning. Celia stared into the empty room of her son. Her husband and daughter came rushing to her, staring into the empty space. All three of them knew Abele wasn't on the farm working. They would have seen him if he was. Celia leaned on to her husband for support when the truth hit her. Abele had run away with Jacob. "Find them. Find Abele and bring him back!" She told her husband sternly. "Jacob...Jacob had to have taken him or...or forced him!" She said frantic for her sons return. She didn't want to accept that Abele had ever wanted to leave them, or that he wanted any of this.

Eventually, Abele did get up, and prodded Jacob lightly "Hey. Gettup. We need to get going." He said, running a hand through his messy hair with a yawn "I mean, no work and all that, but we do need to walk places, you know? C'mon." He slipped out of bed, grabbing his shoes and putting them on, then grabbing his bag.

Jacob heaved a sigh and pushed himself out of bed. He still felt groggy as he stumbled to put his shoes on. He brushed his hair with his fingers and met Abele at the door. He stretched, arms over his head before opening the door. "So where are we going?" He asked. Abele knew the area better than Jacob did.

"Out of town. Figured that was the best choice. There's a city nearby we can head to." Abele replied, smiling "So? How did you sleep? Well, not well?" He walked out the door, readjusting his bag so it was more comfortable on his shoulder.

Jacob nodded and walked down the hall with Abele. He slung an arm over his shoulders as they walked together. It felt so easy, so natural. "Yeah slept pretty good. Better than I would have," he said softly. Jacob dropped the keys off at the desk, having slipped his arm off of Abele's shoulders prior to this. Once they stepped outside, the sun was already in the sky and the streets were full of people. Even if Abele's parents tried they wouldn't be able to get through the crowd before the boys were gone.

"Ew, it's bright out." Abele grumbled, going through the crowd "And hot! I think the sun just wants to kill me or something, this is horrible." He sighed, rubbing his head "Anyway, we'll go to the next city, and maybe we could get a job there or something, you know? That could work out."

"You work in this heat every day and you're complaining now?" He laughed at Abele as they walked through the crowd. The was hot on their back and Jacob had already worked up a light sweat in the heat. He held on to Abele's hand as they moved in and out of the crowd. They reached the edge of the in just under an hour. On the end of the city line Jacob slowed and then stopped. "You don't have to do this," Jacob said softly. "If we leave, there's a chance we can't come back," he spoke the truth. He didn't want Abele to do something he'd regret.

"We're already at then end of this place, aren't we?" Abele replied, nudging him lightly with his shoulder "Look, I'll be fine. Lets just go. Besides, you don't have money, right? I do. And you need money for food and board." He flashed a smile "So, lets just go, okay? Stop worrying about me."

"Pft, as if that will ever happen," Jacob scoffed at the idea of not worrying about Abele. It was second nature to him to worry about the other male, he was in love with him after all, even though the other boy didn't know it just yet. Jacob took a hold of Abele's hand once more and they set off into the next city. Maybe there they could find work and get a small place to stay and just live out their lives. No one would or should bother them with courting or marriage. They could lie easily and say there were best friends traveling the lands before they settled down with wives or that they were orphans or whatever they wanted. They had endless possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.