Summoner: The Cataclysm

He rushed to her trying to help but didnt know what to do.

(You know both times its me that helps you but your character always thinks other ppl are better sounding sad face)

Being practically forgotten for the moment, something that suited Edward just fine, he decided now was the best time to begin gathering information. He picked up the small puppy, squeezed it slightly when it tried to bite him then set it down. "Be my eyes and ears oh summoned spirit." With a simple closing of the eyes, a leaning back and a willing into command, Edward could see and hear out of the pups as it walked through the ship, listening in to each conversation. He searched the conversations for anything of use, whip in motion, overpowerful summon, Snake Clan, Killing strike, Dragon Clan.

Eventually the pup came to a winged female. Hmmm... Now thats quite the figure. Perhaps after I defeat her I'll keep her around, the magister needs a conqubine after all. Edward chuckled to himself as the pup stared at her.

Arla turned around in disgust when she fel a dog was sniffing at her. Like it almost wanted to uncover her wings, pulling from her cloak.
She shooed it away. Or them. She was not sure.

Careful with the Cerberus. Its master sure must have a proud personality... the Gryphon whispered in her mind.

You over eager little... Rrrrrrr.

Edward flinched when it 'spoke'. It was so loud, so harsh. Cerberus would tear it apart and find another if it displeased Cerberus. Alright alright. Sorry. You
scared her off, thanks for ruining my viewing of her.

Edward sighed. Come back. The pup padded back quickly, almost running back to Edward who picked it up and continued petting it. As it demanded to. As much as he hated to be a servant, Cerberus demanded it.

He cut the viewing and blinked his own eyes, covering them for a moment. "Well, that was an educateing experence." He chuckled and turned over, still petting the pup with his gloved hand, sunning his back now.

Keir watched the young Chimera summoner walk away and sighed. She seemed to be fine now. Pleased with that, he turned back to the sea once again and looked out. What else will happen between the strange group of summoners?

He turned and saw the Cerberus cur was moving towards another summoner and sighed.

"I say we go assert our dominance," Fenrir growled, hating the other boy with a passion that only Keir understood.

Calm down, Fenrir, he told the giant wolf.

Showing that he was also calm, he walked over to where the confrontation was.

Arla followed the pup with her gaze as it went away. She saw it coming back to his master. Who had some sort of alluring personality, for some reason. How strange. Arla felt curious. I should go and talk with him. But I don't really like him, she repeated herself as she approached.

What is wrong with you? I just said 'be careful with the Cerberus'. Save yourself time. Go do something else, the Gryphon said to her.
I just want to know about the triple nature of his summon, that's all. It's the first time we actually see one, right? We've only read about them, Gryphon, Arla replied back to her summon.

She arranged her cloak to make sure her wings were out of sight, and made it right beside the man. With a respectful distance, of course, something Arla always kept. Distance.

''I see you can summon the Cerberus'', she said, with her serious ways.

Hayner decided to disregard the cocky summoners comment knowing that if he continued on he would only fuel the arrogance that poured out of the male summoner. Instead he merely scoffed and walked away from him knowing that his chance to tread upwards through the ranks would come. Soon he would be off this boat and be able to partake in combat. As if on queue his greater summon roared into his mind.

"Listen up you worm the moment we get off this island you will summon me so that i may tear something apart! I grow weary from this tiny and unentertaining voyage! Surely you can break through this spell and let me rend the flesh of these puny humans! I grow hungry and the blades of wind desire the blood of others besides this damn cat is starting to stink up your soul i need the fresh smell of blood!"

"Hey now its not my fault that all you can think about is blood and war~ Sometimes a female needs a touch of kindness and pretty smells~ Just because you like to stink of week old blood doesn't mean the rest of us do~ Im sure if master were to pick one of us to live with he would choose me any time over you for many more reasons than smell and attitude~ There are just some things that men cannot do to each other that him and i could~"

The nekomata had been teasing Volf about sensual matters as Hayner seemed to be in a slight amount of pain. His hand ran through his hair slowly as he wracked his head on how to silence the two summons of his. Eventually he couldn't endure their bickering and let out a threatening growl making sure that the others couldn't hear him. Once they heard them they quieted down and continued their arguing in another recess of his soul so that he wouldn't hear them. Once he could think straight he looked around for someone to entertain him, being alone for such a long time left him bored and in need of some sort of interaction that wasn't from a spirit.

While he paced around the ship slowly he noticed that one of the summoners had been bugged by the little cerberus looking dog, no doubt the pet of that arrogant man. He walked up to the woman after he was sure the pup was gone and tapped her lightly on the shoulder making sure to back up in case she decided to attack him out of instinct or reaction.

"Why hello there. Mind if i bother you for a bit of conversation. I've finally grown bored of the sea. There is no churning or storms brewing so there is nothing different to observe."

Edward looked up and smiled at the woman who approached him. Really, it was similar to the smile a predator makes. "And I see that your summon is a bird." The smile faded. "And everyone seems to assume that it is Cerberus, for all everyone knows it could be a Lesser or even three fused hell hounds. My clan is known for doing that." Put on the act, spring the trap.

He glared at the Clan-less Traitor as he approached her. The message was clear, back away, this is my converstion/woman/prey.

''Then so much more interesting. Tell me about it. I was doubting myself about you being the summoner of the True Cerberus. I've read each head represents a diferent age, and that they should look quite different''

She paused, and moved aside to let the people around pass.

'' I've heard about your clan. They can't tell a bird from something else'' she added, with a emotion-devoided voice tone.

Lea had climbed up the ship's mast for a bird's eye view of the ship, or as close as she could come to one anyway. She spoke in her head to her summons. "Is this close to what you'd see?" The image of her companion flooded into her head and it nodded. She restrained a giggle at the gesture. A few slow minutes passed as she took in the view, but she had a short attention span and bored easily. Soon her bare feet thumped softly as she landed back on the deck.

"Don't get yourself in trouble, Lea. I don't want to have to fight anything just yet." In the image she could see Phoenix cock his head at her. "Understand me?" Lea laughed, concentrating hard. In her head, she reached out to skritch the bird's massive head. "I read you loud and clear, Phoenix. I'll play nice with the other kids." She hadn't been exactly creative when she named the creature; he had come to her as a child after all.

A few minutes of wandering led Lea to a small clump of strangers. The sole female was faced with a fairly abrasive male, who seemed to be growling at a second guy, presumably a symbol of dominance. Lea folded her arms and leant back against a wall. Her hair and rich red skirt fanned out as a stray breeze whipped past her. Her colours were usually what caught people's attention.

"Nor can your clan tell a simple trio of hell hounds from Cerberus. One thing you should not do is add some symbolic reason to the being a clan master. Its simply who manages to get the ritual done and fight off the aspirants. In some cases, its literal. In others, its killing the old clan master to become the new one, like mine. Usually its the younger that wins, unless they are idiotic or the old master plays cheaply. But, we all know that my clan's master is still alive. He did send the order for me to be the representative, didn't he?" He smiled, closed mouth. He left something off. One didn't have to kill their clan master to become one. One simply had to dominate them, destory their summoning will and make their summon one's own.

That was what Edward did, and that was what would be revealed at the start of the tournament.

''well well. Interesting.'' Arla replied to the rather scornful man. ''I guess I'm learning already''.

Just leave. We can learn about all that later. From nice books. You don't like him, remember?

"Or are you?" He chuckled. "Your summons is telling you to leave, right? That a first hand source is being traded for an innacurate source like a book? Or am I just spitting into the wind?" He smiled at her as the pup growled. "Calm down." He continued to pet the thing. Was it his summon, its powers reduced so low that it nulified the seal? Or was it just his conduit to his summon?

"Then again, I could just be lieing to you and everyone else and posess the strongest summon here, having an unfair advantage over everyone else. That is a possibility, isn't it?" He seemed to be having fun. Quite a bit of it.

She smiled back, briefly.
I'd like to see that one without the seal, Ar. I bet he's enjoying now a rare truce of freedom of will.
''Maybe. But in any case, I'm not my summon's servant. We forgive each other, and back up each other... Everything is a possibility. I wish you good luck with the tornament, canine summoner'' Arla replied, as she left. She was feeling sort of awkward there. She didn't know why.

Oh, yes you do know why you were feeling awkward. You just don't want to know why, which is different.
Just don't bring that topic back again please,
the Gryphon told Arla once she was away from the three-headed dog summoner.

Edward smiled. "What was the scent on her... Gryphon? Heh. Oh how I envy your triple sense of smell." Perhaps a tactic should be used. Prevent the best meat from being taken by taking it one's self. Don't you agree, Cerberus? The pup let out a simple growl from its right head, something that he learned was a yes. Then perhaps... He grinned to himself, his face hidden in the fabric of the chair. "Perfect."

He got up, still clad in black swim trunks, and picked up the pup before giving a girl wearing a red frilly skirt a smile as he walked away from her, searching for the woman he had talked to. Eventually he did catch up to hear before he had gotten far.

"I didn't introduce myself, did I? I am Edward Wulfaz, a pleasure to meet you." He bowed slightly. "And my I have your name?"

"Wow, quite the persistent one, isn't he?" Lea smirked after Edward's retreating back. "That's going to get him some trouble." She sighed, not bothering to follow him. It seemed as though he was dead set on stalking Arla for the rest of his trip on the ship. She turned her attention instead to Hayner. Pity he'd been rather rudely declined any conversation by both abrupt departures.

"You got about as ignored as I did, huh?" Her red eyes danced as she approached him. "I don't suppose I could give you that conversation you were looking for? I've seemingly run out of things to do myself." He was taller than she was, dressed in earthy tones. In her eyes he looked a lot more serene than she would expect of someone who was clanless. She looked more the part for a trouble-maker than he did.

They reached the kitchen all too quickly, much to Raithen's silent dismay. He glanced around at the buffet type space, pleased with the selection. "Eat some eggs boy." The snake warrior frowned at the idea of swallowing a raw egg in front of Thom...it might scare the boy. The Basilisk made a displeased sound and the pressure of presence ebbed to a little snore. "Well, let's eat." Raithen filled his plate with meats of various kinds, and an uncooked egg, though he hadn't made up his mind about eating it. He sat in one of the booths, ensuring there was enough room for his new companion. He sipped at his orange juice while he waited, glad they were away from the constant drama of the deck.

"Don't worry about it. There is no reason to make friends or allies on this ship if it would repel ones will to dominate and emerge victorious on the battlefield although it gives me a tinge of some joy that i won't be bored out of my mind for the rest of this ship ride. Ah there i go rambling on again."

Hayner let out a small chuckle. As the boat churned and rocked he remained for the most part still save for him adjusting his scarf and cracking his neck letting out audible noises with each cracking.

"To be honest i doubted anyone would even want to converse with a clanless person like me but then again there must be some hope for me if i was allowed to even enter this tournament or perhaps they just pitied me and saw this as a way to get rid of me. Either way it is though i'll just make sure to watch my back as should all of us. I honestly can't wait to get on land and let my mind go free. This damn ship is so bothersome with its limitations. No space and no way to summon my spirit. It's like they are forcing us to converse with one another. Hmph perhaps they actually want us to grow closer so it makes the battles more interesting in the end. How about you though? Ive talked far too much about theories and myself. I should have probably introduced myself first. The name is Hayner Suzumiya. Not really much to say other than i worked hard day and night to figure out summoning, which, often times i would have to watch other rogue summoners or clan summoners who were out training. I eventually stumbled upon a way of summoning that had seemed more likable than the rest and worked on my skills for the greater part of fifteen years."

Hayner had also left out that he killed another summoner to obtain their own spirits as well as how old he was. The most important part he left out was that he had two summons which was both an upper hand and a hindrance in some occasions. While he was conversing with her though he made sure to suppress any of his spirits so that the one with the hellhound would have a rough time trying to get a complete analysis if anything at all.

Arla looked sideways for a second. This guy IS persistent. I should have listened to you!

I told you, the Gryphon replied, in a very soft whisper, inaudible even for the Cerberus.

''Arla'' she said, mildly smiling for her surprise. ''A pleasure to meet you, Edward''.

Arla heard a soft thud inside her mind. If the Gryphon could ever do a facepalm, it would probably sound just like that.

Lea found herself giggling quietly at Hayner's chatter.

"I'm pretty sure that most of the summoners here won't have a problem with aiming to win, regardless of friendships." A pixie-like grin sprang to her lips. "I know that I certainly wouldn't. If a friend broke ties with me over a little healthy competition then they're not a friend worth having." She pressed her left hand into the small of her back and stuck the right out.

"I'm Lea. Mistress of the Phoenix, at your service." The title was, of course, entirely of her own design and in no way official. She liked the idea though. In the back of her head she heard Phoenix's sigh, and mentally elbowed him for the cheek.

"As for me, I learned through slightly more conventional methods how to do basic summoning but most of it I've picked up from Phoenix after I got the initial method down. He's a lot better at teaching than the tight-ass elders back home." The grin melted into a look of embarrassment as her stomach made itself known. She hadn't eaten since well before the journey started, fearing she might become seasick. "Fancy hitting the food hall for a while?"