Summoner: The Cataclysm

"She's a scared one," The hydra laughed. ​He ignored the hydra and said,"Whats wrong?"

Ren stared at him for a moment. "I... I don't know." She looked down at the floor. "Just say you got sea sick." She continued to stare at the floor. "I got sea sick..." She mumbled.

He almost began laughing. So he just smirked his hood's shadow covering his face. "Thats alright it happens to people."

She looked up, her eyes flaring. All the fear was gone from her eyes. Her tail lashed. "Do NOT laugh at me!" She snarled, outraged. "Thats right, Water Lily. Show him that you have strength."

Thom laughed nervously and put his weapon away. "Well..." He thought for a moment. <It might be good for you to learn about his fighting style.> Suggested Falkor. Thom nodded and smiled. "Is there something special about those sword?" Thom asked. "O-or is it how you w-wield them that makes them so deadly?"

He looked up his eyes showing for once in the whole boat ride,"Im not laughing at you .. .if i was laughing id be laughing." He muttered. "Her spirit is becoming a bit agitated would you like me to send some power out?" The hydra asked meaning to show the hydra is stronger.

Raithen thought on the question, settling into a sitting position as he did, long legs stretched out before him. "They're curved for speed and grace, but there's no enchantment on them or anything like that." He touched one of the sword's sheathes. "During my training, my father locked me in a room with a cobra for three days. I climbed onto a cupboard and studied the way the beast striked, relentlessly trying to kill me even though I was out of its reach. That well placed, killing strike, if the core of my bladework." He admitted, forwning lightly at the memory but quickly pushing it aside. Baslisk's prescense pressed against him like a warm stone, comforting him.

Ren glared. "But you wanted to laugh." She stared up into his eyes, not the least bit scared. "Child, calm. You do not want to make enemies." Ren continued to stare in his eyes.
(OMG forgot! Her pupils are slits, kind of.)

Thom sat down and stared wistfully at Raithen as he spoke. The way Raithen's smooth features softened and tensed as he spoke of the past made Thom smile. "That m-must've been hard." Thom said finally. "But it p-probably was for the best. S-seeing as it made you t-the man you are today." He chuckled and wrung his hands nervously in his lap."I can't say I have much of a story like that. A-actually I don't t-think too many people have a story like that. It's i-interesting."

The snake stared at the boy, utterly taken aback by his words. The Snake Clan was known for their conniving nature as thieves and mercenaries, known for assasination technqiues and all sorts of other evil tendancies. They were not good people...Raithen wasn't a good person. He looked down at his boots, thinking. "I suppose you're right...Thank you Thom. You are like no one else I've ever known." He spoke softly, not wanting the words to be overheard by the other passengers. It was rare he opened up...and those words were meant for Thom alone. "What was your family like?" He asked, tired of the attention being on himself.

Thom shrugged his shoulder. "I n-never fit in with the D-Dragon Clan. W-we're supposed to be fierce warriors, but I wasn't. I-I'm afraid of a lot, s-so they gave me the nickname "Baby Dragon". I d-didn't stay at home long, and I r-ran away at a young a-age. O-once I had found Falkor, I decided to r-return home. B-but the elderly w-were cleaned out by a e-epidemic. So I d-don't remember much about my f-family." He explained. Thom was comfortable sharing his past. Falkor had taught him not to dwell on it. Hakuna Matata. Thom felt very much detached from such distant moments of his life.

The young summoner awoke with a muffled scream. She sat straight up, her ears pointed straight up. Disregarding the summoners on deck, she stood up and made her way through the talking circles of summoners. She dared not to anger Chimera again and make a spectacle of herself in front of het fellow summoners again. The Chimera reared its monstrous deformed heads towards the other spirits as she she passed the summoners. She managed to make her way to the door that led to the sleeping quarters. She felt herself becoming weak once more. She made her way to the door to her room. The Chimera let out a shrieking grizzly howl within her. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she leaned her back against the door and slid herself onto the hallway floor. The pain grew even more intense with each passing second. Eventually she wrapped her arms around he young lithe feeble frame and decided to wait out the pain. Being around other people always caused the Chimera to torture her.
Her only friend killed herself so that the young summoner didn't have to be tortured by the Chimera.

"How stupid of me thinking that I could make a friend." she sulked while reliving the memory of her departed friend's last moments. She cringed as the Chimera gnawed at her part of their joint soul.

"Ren Amarante, listen to me now!! You said that you didn't want to harm anyone, physically or mentally! So back down and show some respect!!" Ren blinked, surprised by the anger of her spirit. She lowered her eyes. "... I'm sorry. I... I have anger issues." Her ears drooped, her tail went limp. "I feel stupid now." She mumbled.

Raithen listened intently, nodding without sympathy on his features. Strong and kind...the snake warrior had been raised to believe those two attributes could not exist simultaneously, and yet here stood Thom. "You're lucky...you can't mourn for something you don't remember." He stood up inclining his head towards the ship's dining hall. "I'm famished, care to join me?"

She had noticed a young summoner walk towards the sleeping quarters. She looked up at the person in front of her. "If you'll excuse me." Not waiting for a answer, she turned and walked off. She peered the door and froze. "Oh gods." She watched the Chimera summoner. "That...." Even Rens panther was speechless in shock. Her tail drooped, her ears straight up. She knew that if she disturbed the young Summoner, it might cause more pain. But she couldn't just stand there and watch. Slowly, she walked up. "Is there... is there any way I can help?" Her voice was soft and quiet.

Thom smiled and sprung up and nodded furiously. "I feel like I h-haven't eaten in three days!" He laughed and scratched the back of his head innocently. Thom struggled to walk across the ship, apparently he hadn't grown his sea-legs yet and the tossing of the boat was stronger below the deck. As Thom carefully made his way towards the dining hall, but a sudden throw of the ship sent him crashing into Raithen. "Ah!" He cried, his face flushed. "I-I'm sorry!"

(srry i had homework corrections to do)

He followed her and peaked around the corner,"anything i can do to?"

Raithen had learned from the Basilisk to hunch his shoulders and walk with his legs far apart on the rolling deck to give himself some stability. He chuckled at the childish comment, but enjoyed it all the same. "I can only hope that's a bit of an exaggeration-!" He fell back against the wall of the ship's corridor, hands gripping onto Thom's shoulders, lest the boy go topping away from him. Something hot jolted up and down his spine at the feeling of the thin boy against him, the blush on his face only fueling the fire. He swallowed and smiled lightly, steading him with his hands and his hip. "It's fine Thom." He murmured, voice a little huskier than he'd intended. He stood up, keeping a hand on the other boy's shoulder as they continued towards the kitchens.

The young summoner was awaken from her thoughts as a caring voice grabbed her attention. Her pale violet eyes met the concern gaze of another feline humanoid summoner. Chimera sensed this new presence as well as another presence. Chimera wasted no time in assuming its intimidating predatory stance. It let out one grizzly nightmarish roar that combined the sounds of the lion's roar, the snake's hiss, and the goat's bleat that was a warning directed towards the other summoners spirits.

"I'm-" she couldn't finished her sentence as the Chimera forcibly tried to summom itself against the will of its summoner and the effects of the magic seal. Once again, she fell to the floor, her body twisting in pain.

Thom blushed even deeper as Raithen kept a hand on his shoulder. Thom couldn't really trust himself to speak. There was "normal Thom" and then there was "nervous Thom". Currently, he was neither. Currently Thom was extremely nervous. But something between he and Raithen was not awkward. The silence was strangely comforting, despite the audible beating of Thom's heart. A few times he tipped over, but Raithen's comfortably warm hand was a sufficient brace. It didn't take long to reach the dining hall, and once they did, Thom's face smiled with joy. "Look at all the f-food!" He exclaimed, smelling each dish at the buffet.