Summoner: The Cataclysm

Welcome to Millennium Gate
View attachment 7136
The Summoners just arrived at Millennium Gate. Most of them were getting rest from the battle and festivities the night before. They need to cherish that rest; it could be the last one they get. As the boat docked the woods of the battleground stretched out before them. All of them knew that is where their fate was decided. The unknown waited in those woods, but the young summoners wouldn't have to worry about that quite yet. Presently, they were all being rallied for a welcoming and good luck feast. Now, time is precious and training crucial.
------------------------

"Welcome!" Adelina boomed. Her overall countenance was serious, but her eyes were twinkling. "Each one of you are away of your fate but tonight... rest, enjoy yourself. This feast is for you!" She motioned back towards a small meal hall. Lanterns adorned the walkway even though it wasn't dark yet. Already the summoners could smell the various dishes that have been prepared for them. Sweet music began to fill the air. A smile played upon Adelina's lips as she glanced back at the others. Even though she was responsible for them and getting them where they needed to go, she was still going to fight.

Her excitement was reinforced when Zion, her cyanogriffon, began to stir. They had been together for several years now. She was a bit frustrated when he first attached to her because he couldn't be placed in a clan. He was canine but had wings. The simple solution was to get trained by both canine and winged. It was a lot of work but Adelina feels as if it paid off. She still was insecure about her skills at times, but she wasn't going to let anyone know that. A tough exterior was important. Sometimes it was necessary to let others believe a lie.

She opened the door to the meal hall allowing everyone in. A small band was in the corner playing softly. Candle's hung from the ceiling, giving the room a calming, serene atmosphere. Food spread out over a long wood table. Various meats, salads, pastas, fruits, and anything else anyone would want. This meal was fit for a king. Adelina faded into the shadows of the room allowing the other summoners to enjoy themselves as she watched each and everyone of them.

Lore hung back as the others entered. She clutched her necklace, feeling the heat from within it without really feeling anything at all. She felt Chua resting inside her head. "Go on. I'm not holding you back." In fact, he was, but she didn't respond. Slowly stepping in, she moved to the nearest table and picked up a plate. Now moving faster, she put a bit of salad on it, then moved away to an empty table. She sat down and lowered her head over the meager helpings. Her red hair fell like a veil, blocking anyone's view of her face, as it was the other way around. Within seconds, she had finishedthe salad and sat there with her head down, not paying attention to anything around her. "I can see you took my training seriously."

Jackie walked off the ship with everyone else listening in on small fragments of people conversations. She was hungry so she was glad they we're having a feast. Jackie noticed some of the shy-er people were staying on the ship, she felt sad fr the people that couldn't make friends as easy as other people could. Jackie knew no one here, except Mere. Jackie wiped out her cell, surprisingly Mere sent her a message.

"Be careful young one, don't go making friends. Get one ally, that's all. Keep that ally close."

Jackie flipped open her phone text pad.

"Don't worry Mere. Its like you don't trust me. But as you wish."

She sent her message, not waiting for a response, realizing she's one of the last people in. Great now she'll never find a seat. She walked up to the food table and quickly grabbed up food and placed it on her plate. There were tons of food choices to choose. Jackie could probably eat a horse so she really didn't care what types of food there was. She scanned the building for some place to sit luckily there was a girl with red hair sitting alone. Jackie walked up to the table.

"Mind if I have a sit miss?"

Jackie knew she had to have an ally, this girl looked nice enough. Hopefully Mere would agree on her decision, or else he's just going to argue the whole time we are here.

She glanced up. "Go ahead." She mumbled. She scooted a little ways away, feeling Chua's displeasure with making contact with another summoner. She gripped her arm, digging her nails into the flesh. A thin stream of warm blood seeped out and ran down her arm. She quickly picked up a napkin, glad that the physical pain distracted both her and Chua. After wiping up the blood, she then tucked the napkin into the pocket, hiding it from view. She pushed the plate in front of her away with a sigh.

"Stay silent, do not speak to the girl." He warned gently. "She will want you two to become allies, then back stab you when the competition has thinned out." Lore whipped away each wore the moment they were said. She did not like Chua. "You need meat. Feed yourself, gather your strength. I may exert you in your training."

She grabbed the plate, moved to one of the food tables, and grabbed a small portion of meat. "More." She could tell that he was hungry himself, so she quickly grabbed a little more, then returned to the table. Seeing that the meat was to pink and juicy for Chuas satisfaction, she gripped her amber necklace with her right hand, and held the meat in her other hand. She narrowed her eyes as the heat built up in her skin, then traveld down her arm and into her right hand. The meat began burning around the edges, until it hand blackened completely.

Jackie sat down and picked up her fork and knife.

"Opps, where are my manners. Thank you kindly."

Jackie started digging in to her food, like a pig and its food. Her phone starts to vibrate in her pants, she thought Mere can wait till after this feast. She got to her vegetables, and at them at a disagreeing taste. When the girl got up and speed over to the food tables, and picked up, what Jackie didn't expect, a lot of meat. What's up with that? Jackie shrugged, and continued her food. The girl was back by the time Jackie was finished. The meat on her plate though looked undercooked though. She wondered when the girl picked up what she was going to do. The Jackie notice that the meat was cooking. Jackie was in awe.

"Whole smokes! That's pretty impressive. You must have a top notch trainer/Mentor!" Jackie was really impressed most fire user she seen can hardly use the fire let alone actually find the right temperature to a a fullsteak with in minutes! Jackie clapped her hands together in amusement.

Lore couldn't help but to grin at the other girls amazement. Before Chua could stop her, she responded. "Chua, my summon, taught me. He loved his meat burnt." She dropped the meat onto the plate and wiped the grease from her hands. "It's my amber." She showed the girl her necklace, with the ember always glowing inside. "I don't know how the ember got there, but I don't question it. I'm really quite pathetic without it though."

She could feel Chuas anger over her words, bubbling up inside of her. "I told you not to speak to her! Keep away from them all, for they will soon be your rivals! Even this nice looking girl in front of you will turn on you after you have helped her defeat most of the others."

She hissed aloud at his words. "Perhaps, Chua. But if she were to turn on me, I would think it would be in battle, not backstabbing." Suddenly realizing she had spoken aloud, she fell silent. She could feel Chua leaving his sanctuary, but he blocked her from him. She glanced at the other girl, and looked away, feeling sheepish. A large, fiery colored lizard then climbed up the table and scuttled to her plate. The lizard had wings, obviously indicating who he has. The lizard snapped up most of the meat, then disappeared inside a smallish ball of flame.

​"... Thats Chua."

Adelina stood around in the shadows. She noticed a lizard, and a summoner with a strange way to communicate with his spirit. Technology was available now-a-days, and seeing her communicate in such a way shouldn't be so intriguing. Do not worry about the affairs of others, Zion said lazily. She nodded in agreement knowing it was best, but she enjoyed watching people; if she couldn't outright be friendly then she would watch them. Adelina was fully aware that this was a competition and even though she was responsible for the feast she shouldn't let her guard down for a moment, though have a relationship with someone would be nice. With a sigh she sank down the wall and watched the girls with a longing.