String of Many Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whatever," Mark said, not feeling like arguing with Alec. Sometimes he acted like he was supposed to be better than everyone else and Mark just ignore it when he got like that. (I don't know what any of that chapter stuff is...)

----------

Reece just kind of looked back at Else. He didn't want her to see him naked and didn't want to appear too weak to shower by himself, but he really thought he was too weak to shower himself even though he wanted to take one.

----------

Faina went into their room, soaking wet from rain and eyes wet from tears. Once she got into the room she shut the door and sat down on the floor, her head in her hands and just kept crying. She sat like that for at least 10 minutes before picking herself back up and finding fabric to make a new skirt or dress. Yes, a dress, because that would take more time to occupy herself so she'd stop thinking about Alec.

(It's fine, basically it's just a meeting where they say what events are coming up and any news, stuff like that. We can skip over it if you want, I just didn't know how to continue.)

Alec just shook his head for what seemed like the millionth time and stood. "Mark, honestly I don't understand why I'm feeling like this, so I can't really describe it to someone else. I guess the girl was just different and I didn't want to ruin it."

------

Else sighed and started to unwrap his back. "I had to help my boyfriend with showers lots of times, I'm used to it Reece. I'll just work on your back and you can clean the important parts. I promise not to look. Besides I'm not interested in guys in that way right now."

"I didn't say you had to describe it to me, let's just go," he suggested, not wanting to talk about it anymore. Besides, he was betting that Alec would be over it by the end of the day. (I don't know, we can skip or not, but it might be a little hard for me to play it because I don't understand it.)

-------

"Alright, I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable," Reece covered for himself. "Um, could you, help me undress?" he asked, hesitantly, and starting to work on his buttons.

Alec just nodded and headed for the main room. He honestly didn't feel like having chapter but it wasnt something he could change. He just hoped that it would go quickly and he would be able to do something to get his mind off everything.

(We can skip then, I don't want you to feel lost)

------

Else nodded and helped him take his clothes off. "Hopefully you'll have your strength back in a few days, maybe if you just sleep a lot you'll get better more quickly." She said, not wanting him to have to ask someone else to help him shower. She knew it could be degrading. "Now when you wash your hair make sure to lean foreward so the soap doesn't go down your back."

Reece nodded, and once he was undressed moved to turn on the shower water. He leaned like she instructed and took her hands to stabilize himself. He was still a little shakey on his feet. Reece washed his hair, massaging his fingers into his scalp, and let the soap fall forward instead of on his back. When his hair was cleaned off, he grabbed the soap and washed his body that he could reach and then paused. "Else, how much do you think bending down will hurt?" he asked, instead of asking if she would wash the parts he couldn't reach, since it was flexing his back.

Else had been working on the back of his legs when she shook her head. "I'll get it, how far down can you reach?" She asked as she kneeled and started washing his feet. Else had no problem doing this, she had done it a lot for her husband and was used to it. The only thing that bugged her a bit was she was getting wet and didn't want to take her clothes off.

He could reach to around his thighs, but touching his knees wasn't going to happen. Reece started to feel bad for her, that she had to help him and was embarrassed that he needed help. "You're getting wet," he commented, wishing that he could just do it on his own so he wouldn't hurt her.

"It's okay Reece, I have to shower anyway. Once you go back to the room I'll clean myself up." She told him as she moved up his legs. Else stayed behind him and just moved her hand around so she washed the front of his legs as well. "Need help with anything else?"

(Haha, this time I did the else thing)

Reece shook his head. "I think that's fine," he said, wanting his clothes back on. It must have just been her because he wouldn't normally care all that much, or maybe it was the being helpless part that bothered him. Either way he was glad to turn off the water and wrap a towel around his waist. He thanked Else and after putting his clothes back on, walked back to the dorm and found Faina cutting up fabric. "Hi," he greeted, waving a hand, and Faina muttered a hello back, not even looking up from her work. She was pretty distracted so he didn't say anything more, just let her go.

Else sighed as he went away, not understanding his mood. Once he was gone though she sarted the shower again and washed herself off. Since she didn't want to put her clothes back on she walked back to the room in just a towel. Else was surprised when she saw Faina. "Hey, where did you end up staying last night? I hope I didn't push you out of the room, I was planning on sleep on the floor." She explained as she looked through her clothes for something to wear.

"Slept with Alec," Faina mumbled, not looking up at her either as she spoke. Of course she could have said something more along the lines of slept at Alec's or went to Alec's room, but she felt that this phrase fit the best, without elaborating further. Faina had cut out the outline of her dress, making a simple solid colored base so she could add onto it what she wanted to after she sewed up the seams. Reece just looked at Else, "Is she always like this?"

Else didn't comment just nodded. "I like that one... Could you make me something?" She asked, hoping it might change her roommate's mood. That and Else didn't have many dresses in general. In response to Reece she shrugged. Else hadnt known Faina long enough to know how she "always" acted.

Faina looked up at Else, having caught her attention, and then looked back to the dress that was plain white so far. "I can make this one yours. What did you want it to look like?" Faina asked, not much emotion present in her voice but she was desperate to make a dress that she didn't care what it looked like. Reece just listened to the two and didn't interrupt them.

Else shrugged. "Whatever you want. You know I'm pretty boring, but maybe you could add sequins or something to make it special... I don't know much about fashion though." She admitted as she grabbed shorts and a plain top before walking towards Faina. "Anything is fine with me really."

Faina liked when she had creative freedom, so for the first time that day she smiled. "I'll make it extra special, and it'll look beautiful on you!" she exclaimed, perking up. Projects were excellent distractions, and making a dress was a time consuming event that gave her little room to think about other things. She sewed together the bottom skirt portion, and then got out her sketchbook that contained Else's measurements from before. Reece just stood around awkwardly. "Um, I guess I should, get going," he said, figuring they wanted him gone and didn't really know what he was doing there.

She slipped on her clothes and then turned to Reece. "Do you want to go to breakfast or something?" Else wanted to make sure he was okay and that he could make it walking on his own. Reece's back was pretty bad. "We could pick something up and then bring some back here for you Faina, if you want to continue on the dress." She was glad that she was able to get her roommate to smile.

"Yes," Reece said too quickly and then tried to cover again. "I mean, I'm starved, I can't remember the last time I ate something." He was grateful that Else seemed to be more focused on Faina than him. Faina looked up from her sketchbook and faked a smile. "I'm fine El, I'm not really hungry yet. You go on with Reece." She wasn't in the mood to eat, the thought made her feel sick. All she wanted was to work on her dress, preferably with them gone.

Else nodded as she hung up her towel to dry. "Alright then, thanks for making the dress Faina, it's really nice of you." She said with a genuine smile before picking up her purse. "I don't really know good places for breakfast around here... I'm sure you do though." Else told Reece as she walked out of the room.

"I know a good place," Reece smiled, finally being able to do something useful. "Ready to go?" he asked for emphasis, and they walked out the door as he lead the way to his favorite breakfast place.

She smiled slightly. "Okay, do they have pancakes?" Else asked as she closed the door behind them. For some reason a want for pancakes had come over her. She led them about of the building before letting him take the lead to the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.