String of Many Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squirrel96

Original poster
Alec paid for his and then stood. "Do you want to come back to my place? I can try to get some people working on this now."

"he is though." Else said with a shrug. "He always followed what his parents said and shot great grades in school. Plus he was always there for me, I don't know what his parents are so messed up unless they are trying to protect him from something."

-Ink

"Sounds good," Faina replied absently, her mind straying. For the first time since she arrived Faina's mind wasn't on fashion, boys or girls, or even Else's situation, but it was back at home wondering how her little ones were holding up without her and if they were all right. She had told Martín to check on them and he had said they were fine and well, though Faina at that moment wasn't, the pang of homesickness and guilt sweeping over her. She placed the coveted bills on top of Alec's and then stood with him off to his frat house. Her attention drew back to Alec's body, thankfully, the distraction setting in and easing her thoughts.

Reece just shook his head. Poor girl was in denial, even if he didn't know the situation well, her reasoning didn't seem all that likely. For her sake he entertained the notion anyway. "Maybe you're right, maybe they're protecting him from something. Or maybe they just aren't good people. But I guess we'll find out soon enough. I mean, how long do we have now? I think you're supposed to meet them at midnight, so there's time, you sure you don't want me to come with?" Reece was rambling, mostly to distract himself from the pain, partly for the actual benefit of conversation.

Alec slowed his pace slightly so she didn't have to walk too quickly. "I have a party I have to go to later tonight, but I'll try to set up as much as I can right now. You can stay with one of the guys I get to help or just give them your phone number and they will call when they find information."
-------
"No, you're hurt it wouldn't do any good anyway. If they kill me then I guess that's just what was supposed to happen. I'll be with my husband then." Else murmured before sighing and playing with her ring. "I don't want anyone else hurt for me."

"Oh, okay." Faina replied as she itched the back of her neck, hoping he didn't notice her staring. "Who are you going to your party with?" Faina wasn't feeling in the mood for subtlety and she was definitely curious.

"They need you Else, they won't kill you." Reece said with absolute certainty. If they had wanted to kill her they would've done it already, that much was for sure. Else was a powerful piece, not just the pawn that Reece was. He was suddenly aware of how much his neck itched from the wounds. "They might hurt you if you don't comply with them, or kill someone you care about, but they won't kill you and won't hurt people if you go along with whatever they want out of you." His right eye twitched with the effort of not itching and he succumbed them and scraped his nails along the itchy part.

"A couple of guys from the frat, it's a thing we always do to check out what the other frats and sororities are like this year." Alec said with a shrug. "I would invite you but it's relatively small and it's supposed to be for only people in the Greek system."

----

"Don't!" Else said grabbing his hand. "You're going to hurt yourself more, I'll put some cream on it if it's itchy but it just means that it is healing."

Faina felt a bit embarrassed since she had assumed he just didn't want to be seen with her for whatever reason so she changed the subject. "Okay, well can I have a tour of your house?" (I'm not sure if they're there yet or just walking...)

--------

Reece thrashed his head back, jerking away from her hand, and made a face that looked like an angry snarl, not directed at Else, just at the awful itch and now burning on his neck. "I'm not used to being hurt," he commented, hoping that would explain his behavior well enough.

"Yeah, sure, though I'll only show you my room, the other guys are pigs usually." He said with a soft laugh. Alec pulled out his keys as they walked up and opened the door. (All fixed :)

----
Else sighed and went back to her bag of first aid stuff. "Well I used to play sports so I got random injuries all the time, itching is usually not good."

"Alright, I don't mind messes though, a lot of people are that way." Faina replied, following him with complete curiosity. Walking through the door, the first thing she noticed was the carving of the wood on the staircase, especially on the bottom, outlining the base. The carved patterns were beautiful and she stared and studied them with her eyes for a time before coming out of her trance to take in the rest of the place.

-------

Reece panicked. "Not good? What do you mean 'not good'? Itching is just part of getting hurt, isn't it?" He didn't want to play doctor with her, but it seemed as if she was going to start experimenting on him as her patient. And he didn't like where it was headed.

They passed a few rooms with open doors and people passed out in the beds. "Everyone better be decent!" Alec called out, not wanting her to be scared or anything. "We always are!" One of the guys called back, winking at the girl that was with Alec.
-----
"I meant that itching the spot is bad, the feeling is good, it means you are healing. I'm just going to put some anti itch cream on it so you are not tempted to itch it." Else told him.

Faina peered in curiously and met the momentary gaze of a fine specimen that winked back at her. If he wasn't so easy on the eyes with the muscular build, perfect chestnut brown hair, and electrifying green eyes then she might have been slightly offended at the cocky mister. But when you looked like that, well there was room for leniency on the cockiness, not to mention understanding the origin. God, what did I get myself into? Faina wondered to herself as she passed countless gorgeous bodies mixed in with a few average Joes. Still, she'd never seen so many distractions in one place, it was almost overwhelming. Almost. Faina had a charm that concealed her nerves quite nicely so she smiled and waved back at a few of the awestruck faces on her way. She had her own assets that could be flaunted, even in this bunch. And that power gave her confidence that melted away any nerves she had upon entering. Once they approached Alec's room she was surprised at the neatness first-off, and second-off couldn't remember what they'd come there for.

------

The impact of the cool, soothing cream provided instant gratification to Reese's intense problem. He barely felt Else's hand rubbing the cream on him, only the smooth amazingness of what felt like the greatest invention of the day. If Reese was one for making sounds he would have groaned in pleasure at how good it felt on his skin...something that would have led to a quick embarrassment and long recovery from. Not making sounds came in handy sometimes. But even without the sounds his face, eyes closed and head tilted back slightly probably said it all. Hopefully Else would be too focused on the application process to notice, if he was lucky. "Thank you," Reese managed once he got himself together again. And that was when he noticed how close she was to him, propping herself up against his body to reach his neck and definitely invading personal space. But he didn't mind, actually it was comforting to have a presence so close.

Alec watched her look around the room for a second before going to grab his laptop. "You okay? I know all the guys can take some getting used to, but they are pretty respectful when I tell them to back off. Unless you want them trying to get you on dates, then I can tell them it's fine. Most are like me though, just wanting sex and then nothing more. A couple actually are looking for more, I can point them out to you if you're interested. Your friend though, we should focus on helping her first. How would you like me to try to find information? I can outright just search and ask people about it or I can do it discreetly."

-----

Else finished up, checking over her work and then leaned back. She chuckled softly at the look of relief on his face and then got a bandage to cover the area. "I can give you the cream, it works wonders and is difficult to find but I'll manage. Anytime you have the feeling to itch just put a thin layer on and you should be good to go."

Faina bypassed his comments on the guys and dates. There wasn't time for that, and if there was then she'd only use dates to get information, something that sounded like a good idea until she saw them. None of them looked like they were deprived of girls in their life and so it would be harder to get anything out of them if they weren't on the right side. "I don't know what we're looking for...I mean we don't have enough information to be discreet. I'm also not sure if we have the time, Else seemed pretty upset about the whole thing and they're after her. They have resources, so any adults would either not know what's going on or be on the wrong side, Alec...I don't know what we're going to do!" Faina was rambling out loud to nobody in particular when an idea hit her. "Reese! Alec, Reese knows things. Where is he, shouldn't he be here?"

------

"Thanks Else." Reese repeated graciously. After badgering her for information and with the situation they were in he expected anything but her being nice to him. It didn't exactly make sense, but he wasn't going to question her generosity now. So he pocketed the cream for future use. "They said to meet in the lower courtyard when it's dark and the sun is starting to set." Reese pointed out the obvious, not wanting to say it but knowing it had to be said. "What're you going to do?"

Alec frowned slightly at her last comment. "Aw, Reece, maybe he is still at classes or something. He is in and out here. I can text him though, figure out where he is." He said before taking out his phone and sending him a quick text asking just that.

-----
"I'm going to go there." Else said simply, wringing her hands together. "I guess just hope they don't want to hurt me too badly and just talk with them. I don't know anything so they should just cut their losses and move on... At least that would be the smart thing."

Faina suddenly felt bad about the situation and was compelled to apologize like a plain fool. "Alec, I'm sorry I don't know much, I should've found out more before I came here." She averted her gaze to the floor, becoming shy and embarrassed.

-----

"You should go soon, the sun is almost gone," Reece replied looking out the window at the setting sun over the horizon. He was nervous for her and guilty that he couldn't think of a way to help. "If--if you're not back in an hour I'll look for you, or call people to um, find you." His palms were sweaty and he could almost ignore the pain in his body from the helplessness he felt.

Alec shook his head and smiled at her. "Don't worry about it Faina, I'm sure there are lots of things even your friend doesn't know. How about I just get my laptop and the guy I know and then we go back to your room and try to figure things out?"
------
Else sighed and slipped on a sweatshirt since it was getting chilly. "Alright, just don't worry too much, I mean they one tried to kill me once right?" She said with a shaky laugh before grabbing her keys to the dorm. "Just by the park right? No specific area in the park?"

Alec's kindness was a relief, but his words puzzled Faina. "My room? I thought you were going to a party." She answered his question with a question. She didn't want to pause his social life for her and Else, it just didn't seem fair even if that was what she really wanted. Somehow Faina was still a bit jealous over him going to a party, even if it wasn't a threat to her, she was still forming some kind of relationship with Alec and wasn't comfortable yet.

----

Reece had no idea what to say about the killing her part. So instead he just nodded to the last question. "Yeah...I'm assuming they'll make themselves known." He wanted to go with her, of course that wasn't part of their plan and he'd be punished severely, but if that weren't the case and he wasn't completely injured and scared out of his mind then he'd go with her just to ensure her safety. He liked her a little, but all of this drama, well it wasn't exactly what he wanted as a part of his life. Sure he was wrapped up in it now, but once it's over--and hopefully soon--he'd be more than glad for it.

"I have time for a brief stop." Alec said with a shrug. "That is if you want me there, I do have to change real quick though." He said before slipping off his shirt. With his... Extra curricular activites he was used to girls seeing him naked and didn't mind changing in front of anyone anymore. "If you don't want me there then I'll just stop by after the party or tomorrow sometime."

--------

Else nodded and took a deep breath. "Are you headed back to your room then?" She asked just to make sure since she wasn't sure how her roommate would react to some beaten boy in their room. She hadnt had much time to form a relationship with her and they hadnt had many roommate type discussions.

"I don't mind, I have nothing to hide," Faina replied. When he started to take off his shirt Faina stared a second, remembered that it was rude, and then averted her gaze again quickly and turned her body away. Sure she was used to seeing her brothers with all their clothes, but this was a stranger and it didn't feel the same. Her cheeks blushed red from not turning immediately and not being prepared, something she hoped would cool down before he was finished and noticed.

--------

"Um, I guess if you want me to." Reece replied hesitantly. It wasn't exactly a full blown hike from their dorm back to the frat house, but it was definitely still a trek, especially when he wasn't sure how steady on his feet he'd be. Or how much pain the movement would cause his back, the real issue. Of course Reece would manage, he was tough, it just wasn't on his list of things he wanted to do right now. He was growing tired, his eyes going in and out of focus, the sun already gone, and what a long day it had been.

Alec nodded and slipped on a simple v-neck and darker jeans. "Alright then, let's go." He said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Do you think your roommate will be there to ask some questions?"

-----

"Well... I mean you can stay in my bed if you want, I'll just call my roommate and tell her you're here. I don't mind, just when I get back I'll help you get back to your place." Else said, wringing her wrists. "I should leave though before it starts to get dark."

Faina nodded, and turned back to look at him again. "She didn't tell me she was going anywhere, and she really didn't seem in the mood to go out, so I'm pretty positive she's there." She looked over his simple yet bold outfit and noted how the simplicities brought out his natural features, the shape of his jawline, the color in his eyes. There was nothing about Alec that she found unappealing, not even his choices in style, which suited his personality. Soon enough the pair were walking back down the hall, past the same smiling faces that somehow looked less inviting and not nearly as attractive as before, though perhaps Fain was just too wrapped up in her mission to notice this time around. Things were going exactly how she wanted them to, he was helping! And she didn't even have to bargain with him, a fact that almost seemed too good to be true.

------

"Thanks Else," he managed a smile back at her for her kindness. In his mind, he had jumped up and wrapped her body in an enthusiastic embrace because of how happy he was to hear that, but in real life he was still limited physically, so he wasn't "jumping up" for anything right now. Still he tried to convey his gratitude the same. Reece wished her good luck and waved his goodbye.

Once Else had gone, Reece laid down on the bed, an action that in turn made him internally yell in pain, but externally he sat up the as quick as possible, pausing there to recover. Funny how you forget your own situation when you're worrying about someone else. Shaking his head at the thought, Reece slowly lowered himself to the bed again, this time making sure to lay on his side instead of his back, and realized that he was absolutely exhausted.

Alec nodded at some of the guys as they left, promising to make an appearance at the party once he had some things dealt with. "So how much do you know about your roommate? You two just met right? It was one of the random pairings?" He knew that some people picked out roommates but it didn't seem like they knew a lot about each other by the way Faina talked about Else.
----
Else left a note on the door telling her roommate she would be out and that she would take care of things later. She hoped Faina wouldn't care too much about Reece since she didn't have the heart to kick him out. With a sigh she made her way to the park, sitting on the swings once she was there and looking around every once in awhile, waiting to see familiar faces that she disliked so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.