String of Many Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reece, heartbroken, felt the anger well up inside him, spilling out before he could censor it. "Well maybe I wanted to see you happy with someone, and maybe I thought I could make you happy because you deserve to be happy Else. I know what grieving is like and it sucks and maybe I just wanted to make you feel better but I guess that's not possible. I'm sorry I wasted my time on you. You obviously don't want anything I'm willing to give you." And with that he shook his head and walked away in another direction. So this was how it would be.

Else huffed, shaking her head at him. "I'm tired of men wanting me to do certian things. I'm not looking for a romantic relationship and I told you that from the beginning. If that's all you wanted you should have left in the beginning. It's your fault if you wanted to change me." She yelled to him before heading off back to her dorm. Else wasnt normally like that, usually she was quite and took anything anyone said. She decided to change that though, to do what she wanted from now on.

Nobody cared about Faina. She cried on the gym locker room floor and people walked by, but instead turned their heads away from her, as if she were just an annoyance and inconvenience to them, especially the person who heaven forbid had a locker near hers. By the time Faina was done crying she was just plain furious at Else, at herself, at everyone who didn't care about her. The anger was too much, she couldn't go back to the dorm like this! She'd blow up at Else in a second and knew that lasting damage would be done if she saw her now.

Instead she got up, exited the gym, and walked to the town, choosing a shop to grab a much needed and deserved lunch alone. In fact by the time she ordered lunch it was past dinnertime, but this didn't bother Faina for she had nothing better to do and needed time to sift through her thoughts calmly and collectively. After she ate and paid for her meal, a simple grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and onion; Faina ventured out to the building where Alec had shown her the beautiful view. The serene scenery would calm her down, she just knew it.

Since she didn't own a key, Faina took out a bobby pin and picked at the door to get to her pretty view. She wanted to stare at the stars all night long.

--------------

I hate her. How could she be so rude? All I wanted to do was help her and make her feel better and she treated me as if I were her enemy, trying to use and change her. It's not fair! All I wanted was a chance, didn't I deserve that? Wasn't I good enough for her?

If she doesn't want me willingly, then I'll just make her mine.

Reece had spent the rest of the day thinking. So much thinking. Thoughts of hating Else, thoughts of how cruel everything she'd done to him were. She strung him along and used him for mirth when she didn't give a damn about him. Reece wanted revenge; he spent the whole night thinking about his revenge.

When Elle reached the room she unlocked it and started packing. It was still almost a week before she would leave, but she figured it would be best to start early. It couldn't hurt if she packed away the important things.

------

Alec frowned slightly when he realized Reece wasnt there for dinner. He was almost always there, usually he showed up early even. After slight hesitation he decided to go to his room and see if Reece was there.

"Hey, Reece, you in there? Food is ready." He called as he knocked on his door.

"I'm not hungry for food," Reece answered pensively, his odd way of speaking silently declaring his level of upset. The thing about Reece was that he tended to keep his rather unpleasant emotions such as anger and sadness on the inside, displaying a happy outgoing and lovable exterior that usually worked in his favor. It granted him guy friends at least. Though on the inside Reece was a very complex man, something that most people didn't know about him, let alone try to explore or understand.

Alec sighed softly and stayed near the door. "How about you come down anyway? I was going to discuss the alcohol thing again, make it easier on everyone." He really didn't want to have to repeat himself a bunch of times.

"You know I don't drink in the House, I go out to bars. There. Discussion over." Reece snapped at him, not in the mood for dealing with people. Especially when they were all happy and here he was miserable. He needed to plot his revenge, and that required time for planning it.

His eye brows rose at his tone. "Alright Reece, I'm going to let you calm down, but there's something going on and I'll find out about it." Alec told him. They used to be pretty close, but this year they had drifted

Reece waited for Alec to leave and then went back to his thinking, though really there was nothing left to think about. The only thing left to do was start acting. Gathering up his slack lining gear, he put the contents into more organized bags, sorting out what was there. Once he was done, he began to pack his belongings in a similar fashion, methodically and meticulously. He'd done the easy things, now he had to start the real process.

Reece, hesitantly, hand shaking, pulled out his cell phone and started dialing.

------------

By the time Faina came back to the dorm it was nearly midnight. She attempted to be quiet, but she wouldn't be surprised if Else was still awake. Suddenly out of nowhere the phone rings and she jumps in startle. "Who would be calling at this hour?" she asked since the phone wasn't hers.

"Hello Elle." A strange voice Faina didn't recognize uttered on the voicemail. The man sounded like he couldn't have been over 30. "I know you're there, we have to talk. Don't worry about the police or my parents this is important."

Else woke to the phone and held her blankets tight to her chest as her friend spoke on the voicemail. She had been so worried that he had been heart in some way. Near the end she ran out of bed and tried to answer it.

"Hello? Hello?" She whispered, hoping her roommate hadn't woken up.

"Elle? Oh thank God we don't have much time. I need you to decide now if you want to be with me or not. Because everything's set we can have a beautiful life together, you can have anything you want I just need you to say yes. You've had months away from me, hell you've had almost your whole life to decide and you picked someone else the first time so now's your chance to decide again." Marid spoke seriously with her on the phone. This was it. This was their chance. He held his breath in anticipation; he wanted more than anything to save her from herself and this was how he could do it.

She frowned as he spoke. "Marid I can't do that. You're a great friend but that's all you'll ever be. I've never seen you as any more than that." Elle whispered, walking out of her room, barely remembering to grab her keys.

"You sound frantic, is something wrong? Do you need me to come get you or something?" Elle didn't want him getting hurt or doing something stupid.

"No Elle, nothing's wrong. I'm just leaving today. I have more money than you could dream of and I can do whatever I want, I don't need anyone else. I thought I'd offer you a better life. Goodbye Else." Marid said solemnly into the phone. He never called her Else, it was always Elle, but in this situation the cute nickname didn't seem appropriate. He was leaving her forever, that's just the way it had to be.

Else hung up the phone and frowned. She wondered where he was going and why he had wanted her to come. For his sake she hoped he was able to hide well.

After debating calling the man who had threatened to hurt her if she didnt, Else decided to go back to bed and call in the morning.

The sunlight streaming through the side window of Reece's car woke him bright and early. Somehow he wasn't tired, even though he was up late driving and only slept a few hours. Last night was a blur: calling and hanging up on his mom without saying a world, redialing, can't breathe, want revenge. He drove to his home, well past his home, at 3 in the morning so nobody knew he was there. The second time he pulled to the curb, stopped, and just…stared, at the house, blankly. But this gave him no satisfaction so he left, driving aimlessly until he was too tired to continue and then passed out in the back seat.

So much thinking he'd done last night. He thought of every horrible thing he could do. He thought about kidnapping Elle, forcing her to feel better, and if that didn't work he could punish her for not letting him help. For not helping herself. He thought about dangling her off a cliff with his gear and asking if she still wanted to die. Countless scenarios whirled in his head, twisting his mind, making his bitter personality disturbing at best and dangerous.

Dangerous. That was it.

Reece took out his phone and searched for the nearest places he could do something to take his mind off things, like cliff jumping. Into water? Yeah. That'll do. He got in the driver's seat again and put the key into the ignition. Here we go.

-----------

Faina woke early and stared at the ceiling for all of two seconds before she got down from the top bunk in search of her yoga mat. Her morning routine of sun salutations was going to need a lot of time for breathing today. Then a project to keep the emotions at bay.

Else stayed in bed until almost noon, she was tired and didn't feel like doing anything. Her life wasn't what she had thought it would be.

When she finally did get out of bed she had forgotten completely about the fact that she was supposed to call someone and went to get some lunch in the cafeteria.

Since Elle was still sleeping Faina didn't want to start a project and make noise and a mess. She got dressed in a surprisingly plain powder blue t-shirt and jeans, left her hair down, and skipped makeup. The combination really was because she didn't care what she looked like today, but on the outside it made her nearly unrecognizable. She walked around, not paying attention to where she was going until she found herself sitting on a bench people watching, waiting for something to happen.

-------------

Once Reece knew what he was doing, it was easy to find where he was going. He didn't have swim trunks along with him, but hey, jumping nude would make the experience more fun and liberating anyways. Because he didn't feel like hiking back to his car after his jump, Reece drove down towards the bottom then hiked up to the top of the ledge in athletic shorts and boxers. No need for a shirt here, and honestly he probably could've hiked up without clothes on, but he played it on the safe side just in case.

Else sat at a table by herself and picked at her food. Her friend hadn't really been her friend. He had wanted more and that hurt her. No one seemed to understand or respect her relationship with her husband. She clearly was not ready for any relationship like that so soon after and a lot of people were pushing her towards it.

She sighed and moved her food around, trying to convince herself that she needs to eat something.

Diving into the water was exhilarating and liberating. If he could do this he felt like he could do anything. And that's when he finally decided. Yes, he could do this.

Once Reece was back in his car it was already late afternoon and he made a few phone calls. After everything was set he dialed Else's number, praying she'd pick up, assuming she wouldn't. Still, he'd leave a message on her answering machine if she didn't.

After staring into space for an hour or so she finally stood and walked to the library, trying to study. When her phone rang she sighed and answered it without looking at the phone.

"Hello?" She said softly, her voice tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.