Strangers to Love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Of course," she answered with a laugh as she took her satchel and slung it over her shoulder, bounding down the stairs and heading into town, "Try to keep up."

They walked for a few minutes, having small talk here and there to try and get a better feel of each other before they were nearly surrounded by the village people that were going about their day. Shops were open, children were playing, and dogs were scampering here and there. It appeared that everyone was out to enjoy the sun while they still had it. The first place Duchess took them to was a little clothing store so Clu could get a few new outfits, figuring that it was best to go there first before buying any food so it wouldn't spoil.

"So this is the clothing shop, huh?" he said while staring at the clothes and scanning them. He was pretty happy to be here, to be honest, getting new clothes, meeting Duchess, something was meant for him to be here, but what could it be. He grabbed a pair of clothes, a Black and White Cutoff shirt and a Dark Blue Jeans, "How does this look?" he asked with a big grin on his face.

He happened to look to his left and saw a beautiful dress he ever seen, and pictured Duchess in it for some odd reason, "...Perfect..." he said and put the clothes up and walked over to the dress and started scanning it and looked at Duchess, held it up to her and smiled.

Duchess stopped as Clu held the dress up to her body, her eyes straying down to the light blue material with the gold trimming. Her cheeks felt warm for a moment, a sudden memory of her friend telling her how cute it was when her boyfriend picked out an outfit for her flitting across her mind.

'He's not my boyfriend. He's not my boyfriend. He's not my boyfriend,' the woman kept chanting in her head, smiling despite herself as she touched the soft fabric of the dress.

"Oh, this is pretty," she mused, looking back up at Clu with a smile.

"Do you want it?" he asked her with a smile, "The golden trims match your eyes...you know I'll by it for you." he continued with a smile while putting it over his shoulder and started picking out some clothes for himself. He looked at her for a breif moment while he was picking some clothes out 'Wow she's so beautiful, even her smile..' he said said to himself. He chuckled and smiled once more before she saw him.

"Alright I'm ready to check out, if you are? You want anything from here, I can buy it for you?" he said to her while walking over with the clothes on his shoulder.

Duchess watched him walk ahead of her towards the check out, smiling and actually letting a giggle slip past her lips. She had a feeling that he was going to buy the dress for her even if she told him not to worry about it; however, she didn't want him to think that he had to pay for everything on their trip. She shook her head and followed him up to the front.

"No, but thank you for offering," she answered him, fingering the skirt of the dress, "Thanks for getting this for me. I hope you don't think you have to pay me back or anything for letting you stay at the shelter. I take in a lot of travelers; it's what I do."

As she finished talking, the shop keeper came to assist them, the elderly gentleman smiling at her with a twinkle in his eye, "Ah, Duchess. Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Domber," the young woman responded as she clasped the old man's hand in her own.

"I see you have another stray with you. This is a new one, yes?" the man asked her jokingly, appraising Clu that was standing beside her, "I have to say, this one is a lot younger and cleaner than the ones you usually take in. Perhaps fate has finally stepped in to find you a husband?"

"That's very funny, sir," Duchess retorted sarcastically as she narrowed her eyes, only making the old man laugh as he started tallying up the prices of the clothes Clu was buying.

"So, my boy, what brings you to our village?" Mr. Domber asked Clu, turning his kind brown eyes to him.

Clu looked up at the Shop Keeper and chuckled, "Well, just passing through. Been traveling for a while, meeting new places, and sight seeing and I don't know just yet, but I might stay here, I like it so far." He said smiling and looking at Duchess, "And for the Husband and Wife part.." he said chuckling "..who knows, something must have brought me here." Clu looked at her and winked but at the same time blushed and thought to himself 'Stupid, stupid line! Keep yourself together.'

The Shop Keeper, tolled up the prices "$130.76" Mr. Domber said, Clu gave him the money and grabbed the bag full of clothes, "Should I wear my new clothes now or just wear what I'm wearing now?" he asked her with his hand on his chin thinking, "Oh and to be honest, I want to buy everything on our trip, how about this..." he said steadily walking and continued "...I'll pay the bills, and buy the suppplies and all you have to do is...clean and keep the place nice." he said with a smile "Think of it as like a partnership; Yeah..I'll be your partner." He looked at her wondering what she would say next. He liked it here..liked walking with Duchess...he might be growing feels for her.

"So what do you say?" he said with a smirk.

"It doesn't sound very fair in terms of partnership, though the way you divided the work makes it sound more like a marriage," she responded with a smirk of her own as she crossed her arms, "The other boarders all help me keep the place clean, so that's not even a difficult job...but I do like the idea of having a partner with me."

She released her arms and let them swing at her sides, her hand brushing against his. She smiled at him and nodded.

"If you're willing to help me, I'll be more than glad to help you for as long as you'll stay with me...partner," she told him, ending the conversation with a swift kiss to his cheek.

It was rather bold of her and that might have been pushing it, but she didn't regret it and continued walking.

"Well partner it is." he said while smiling at her and as soon as she kissed him on his cheek, he grabbed her hand gently brushing his fingers against hers and vowed, "I promise, not to do wrong, or hurt you, I swear that I'll do the best I can to help you with anything, I'm forever in you debt, even if it seems more like marriage, I promise you that I will take care of you like you have done for me." he said staring deep into her golden eyes, and leaned and kissed the top of her forehead, "Io rischio la mia vita per la tua felicità e perfezione, promessa." he said to smiling, knowing she probably doesn't know what he said. "Oh and it seems like all of people in this Village wants you to get married. What's up with that?"

"Oh that?" Duchess retorted with a small, embarrassed laugh as they continued walking, her fingers lightly laced with his, "It's nothing, really. The village people just think its funny and a shame that I'm not married yet. They say of all the girls to get married in the village, I'm the one that deserves a husband to take care of me the most. They probably feel that way because I run a shelter by myself...I don't know, I haven't given much thought to it, I guess. I've been running that shelter for years, so..."

She shrugged her shoulders and laughed lightly, gazing at Clu with a gentle light in her eyes, "What about you? You ever think of just...finding a wife? I bet she would have to be a traveler like you, huh? Hehe, and what was that you said in that other language? You're not going to use it to make fun of me now without knowing, are you?"

She nudged his arm with her elbow, chuckling playfully.

Well you do deserve a husband, I mean look at you..your beautiful, you take care of total strangers, especially those like me and clumbsy.." he sadi with a laugh and continued "..and I kinda have thought about it me finding a wife but I don't know if I can make some girl happy enough to marry someone like me and no she doesn't have to be a traveler, she can be someone like..." he looked at Duchess and continued "..someone like you." He smiled and looked up at the sky, watching the birds fly high, listening to the children playing, "And it means 'I'll risk my life for your happiness and perfection, promise' in Italian, and it's true. Someone like you deserves the happiness and joy in the world and I'll do my best to do so." he said grabbing her hand "I promise." He let go and said under his breath "Even if it kills me..I will.." He smelt the wonderful cooked food and the livestock and asked "So what's the first thing to get? I'm buying." He smiled trying to hide what he said under his breath.

Duchess watched him closely as she listened to his words. His hand on hers made her feel warm inside, protected for the first time, and his smile was truly something dazzling. She reached out to grasp his hand when he let go and quickly pulled him back to give him a small kiss to his lips this time. Even if he didn't have feelings for her, she felt she had to do it or else she would regret it.

"Be careful, Clu," she whispered against his lips with a playful smile, "You keep treating me like this, I'll fall in love with you."

She pulled away again and continued towards the produce store, "I can buy the supplies this time, but you can take care of the bills...partner."

She kissed him on his lips..he was suprised and shocked at the same time and when she said that to him, his heart stopped and skipped a beat "Y-y-y-y-y-yes ma'am" he said studdering and turning red "She kissed me...I haven't been kissed in a very very long time." he said to himself, "Yes ma'am, partner." he said chuckling.

He watched her as she was picking the food out and her introducing him to new people, he new if he satyed something great was going to happen in the end, he walked over to her and accidently brushed his hand on her back and asked "Can I carry the bags when we finish shopping? I like to be the 'Man' in the house." he chuckled "I know that sounded stupid but can I?" he leaned over and gave kiss where she felt every bet of it, with his hand placed on her side and moved to her back and whispered "Who knows if things keep going well...nah I'll let you figure that out." he said with a evil smirk.

"If things go well, you'll get a happy ending," she playfully retorted despite the way her heart was nearly beating out of her chest, her head swimming from the intensity of their kiss, "But if you tease me like that, you won't get anything."

She pulled him behind a shelf of honey and kissed him again, running her hand through his dark hair and enjoying his hand on her back. She soon pulled back, caressing his cheek with her fingers and smiling warmly.

"You can carry the heavier bags," she told him, "I think I like having a 'Man' around, haha. I wonder what else you can handle?"

There was a spark in her eye, a playfully loving one that told two stories. She would let him find out what they were later, though, when they were alone.

If he wanted to find out, that is.

"Haha oh come on! Teasing is fun, that's what brings everything to another level." He said chuckle, when she kissed him again he suddenly felt joy, happiness, his heart warm and had skipped beats, she was one of a kind and he wanted to stay. "Yes ma'am..haha you'll find out sometime, but the quesion is what can you handle?" he said with a smirk and winked at her. He started to feel sparks of butterflies sworming in his stomach, he couldn't help it but to kiss her once again, but they where out in a market full of people.

His feelings was growing stronger for her and he knew it, the kiss they shared was all he needed to make his final decision and that was to stay. He followed behind and not noticing the back of her and saw her behind and tipped his head "Wow...wait why you are staring?" he said shaking his said hoping she didn't here him.

Duchess turned to face him as they went up to the front to pay for their supplies. The middle-age woman that ran the store looked between Duchess and Clu and smiled knowingly while winking at the girl.

"Make sure you two don't have TOO much fun now and have a good day," she said as she bid the two young people good bye, chuckling when Duchess sucked in embarrassment and quickly left the store.

The 'partners' returned to the then empty house if the silence echoing around them was anything to go by and Duchess began putting the supplies away in the kitchen area.

"Thanks for going with me today, Clu. You were a lot of help, especially in carrying the heavy things," she called to the man as she moved to put something away on the top shelf in the cupboard, stretching and revealing her stomach as her shirt rose up.

"Your welcome, Duchess." Clu replied as he saw Duchess's shirt rise up her stomach, Clu couldn't help it but look at her stomach. He walked over behind her and placed his hands on her side lightly and moved them slowly to her stomach and kissing her neck. He realized what he was doing and jumped back very quickly, "Oh my god! I'm so so sorry. Fuck, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry, I'll leave." he walked up the stairs and started to pack his clothes while cussing at himself, Every single time when things are going great I find a way to fuck it it!" he said to himself, shoving his clothes into his bag.

'Wait, hold on. What happened?' Duchess thought to herself when the warmth of Clu's hands on her skin and his lips on her neck suddenly left her.

She whipped around just as he was storming away, cursing himself and declaring that he was leaving. She shook her head and ran after him, getting to his room just as he was throwing things into his bag.

"Clu, wait a minute! Stop!" she exclaimed, grabbing his hands to hold him still, "just wait."

She stared into his dark eyes while stepping closer, a reassuring smile on her face as she slid his arms around her waist and then settled her hands on his biceps.

"Clu, you don't have anything to be sorry about," she whispered, lightly kissing his lips, "You didn't do anything I didn't want you to do."

Duchess pressed her lips fully to his, tangling her hands in his hair and leaning against him, hoping he would pick up where he left off since they were alone.

Her lips where so soft against his, Clu lifted her up in his arms and layed her on the bed softly and said between the kisses they share, "Are you sure?" he asked her. He ran his hands into her shirt and softly ran his nails on her sides to her back, trying to control himself and not get to carried away. He took off his shirt and shoved his bag off the bed, but instead of leaning toward her lips he started toward her neck and kissing it and then biting it, pulling her hair back and getting a better grib on her neck with his teeth.

"Your about to see what I can handle." he whispered in her ear and chuckling at his remark. He started to run his tounge and kissing her neck all the way down to her shirt, Hoping he was doing things right and not looking like a fool.

"I hope I'm doing things right and not looking like a idiot, and I'm sorry for storming out like I did." he said while lifting up and kissed her beautiful lips.

Duchess groaned and sighed as his lips teased her throat and his hands caressed her sides, his nails dragging down her back. She arched her back against his touch and drew her hands up his chest. His skin was so warm, his body covering hers fully and his heat making her feel wonderfully dizzy. She kissed him back feverishly to stop his apologies, giggling soon after and shaking her head.

"No...you're doing everything just perfectly. Now show me what else you can handle," she replied, sitting up and sliding off her blouse.

She then hooked her arms underneath his, caressing his back with her slender fingers, and planted soft, sensual kisses to his shoulder. Heat was spreading through her entire body, burning through her veins and making her yearn for more of his touch, more of his kiss...more of him.

He moaned to her soft touch and felt her fingers going to his back, he was scared of her touching his back, the scars from his past, and their was alot of scars, and not knowing what her reaction might be but he didn't stop her. "You couldn't beleive what I can handle, Duchess." he said smiling, he shoved his self against her and gently moving up and down against her, sliding his tounge to her breast and moving her bra with his toungue and started nippling on her nipple but not to hard and not to soft.

"I want you, Duchess. I'm all yours if you want me." he said in her ear in a erotic way.