Strangers to Love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Duches watched the man named Clu walk away from her, her eyes blinking slowly as her skin tingled where his fingers touched her. It was a strange greeting, she wasn't going to lie, but coming from him...it wasn't bad. She smiled to herself and shook her head before turning back to prepare her bath. She had just turned off the water when another problem arose. One of the boarders that had been with her for close to a month came running into the bathroom, looking worried an panicked.

"Miss Duchess! The roof over the kitchen caved in and there's water everywhere!" he explained.

The woman sighed deeply and shrugged her shoulders, "Looks like that bath will have to wait. No point in getting dry if I'm just going to get wet again."

She followed the boarder out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen where, indeed, a large hole in the roof had opened up. There was debris and water all over the floor and only getting worse as it continued to rain.

"Dammit. Quickly, grab the tarp stowed away behind the cupboards! We have to get this covered!" she ordered the boarder as she enlisted the aid of a few more people staying in the shelter. She climbed on to the roof with two of them, getting soaked through once more, and took up the tarp to start rolling it over the hole.

"What the hell was that?" Clu said while hearing a loud sound coming from the kitchen, he ran to the kitchen only seeing alot of debris and wood all over the floor and rain pouring in
"Dammit. Quickly, grab the tarp stowed away behind the cupboards! We have to get this covered!" Duchess ordered, he ran for the tarp and grabbed and his hands slightly rubbed hers "Hey let me help as well." he said to her while climbing to the roof. Soaked again he started to laugh again "HAHAHAHA!" he laughed/

With Clu's help and despite his laughing, Duchess had the tarp nailed down firmly and quickly slid off the room to the Earth below with the man close behind her. They entered the kitchen from the back door, soaking wet once more.

"This is just ridiculous now," she said to herself, squeezing the water out of her hair while her eyes roamed the mess on the kitchen floor, the others already clearing away the debris, "And I am way too lazy to clean this all manually."

With those as her last words, her golden eyes began to glow a bright white, her hands lifting up and away from her body. As if by magic, the debris started to move and stack itself before disappearing outside. Towels flew out of the cupboards and landed on the wet floor, soaking up the water. Within minutes, Duchess had the place clean and dry before her eyes turned back to their normal color and she stumbled from sudden exhaustion. She didn't normally use magic, didn't normally practice it, and because of that, whenever she did use a spell, it physically drained her.

After putting the tarp over the roof, they re-entered the kitchen noticing that Duchess was floating and so was the debris, in a matter ove a couple of seconds everything was clean and dry, "Whoa..that was cool." he said as Duchess was coming down to the floor but noticing that she didn't look so good "Duchess? You ok?" he asked her, but it didn't seem like see was, she wasn't standing up normaly, so Clu picked her up into his arms and walked over to the bath room and placed her into the hot water with her clothes still on and notice that she isn't going to get any better looking like this so he said "Don't worry, I'll close my eyes when I do this." He closed his eyes and started to take off her clothes starting with her shirt and working his way down thinking to himself "Please don't slap me.."

Duchess felt a shiver rack her body not only from the hot water beating away the cold, but also from Clu's strong hands brushing over her skin. Little by little, he undressed her and she was much too tired to even think about pushing him away, but to tell the truth, she enjoyed the feel of his hands on her body, even if it wasn't sexual. She sighed shakily when his fingers dragged down her skirt and pulled it out of the water.

"Thank...you..." she whispered, truly grateful for his help.

"Your welcome Duchess." he said while taking her skirt off and her panties, "There all done, I'll be in the hallway putting up your wet clothes." he said as he pulled the shower curtain to cover her up so he can open her eyes. Her skin was smooth and soft like a baby skin, "I hope she is going to be ok by herself." he said to himself as he walked away with a worry look on his face. He put her clothes on a pole on the porche so they can dry up and he headed to the kitchen,"Now..what to do with this stuff." he said examining the hole in the roof, he started picking up tools and started work on the roof so when she got out things would be fixed to perfection...well hopefully to perfection.

Duchess took about a half hour in the tub, just trying to regain her strength while warming her cold skin. Afterwards, she got out of the tub, dressed herself in her room in a new dress, then slowly made her way down to the kitchen.

Her brow furrowed on confusion at the sound of a hammer striking wood, wondering if perhaps her boarders were trying to give the hole in the roof a quick fix. However, she was surprised to see Clu up on a ladder her found, fixing the hole.

"Clu, you don't have to do that," she called up to him, touching his leg, "We can get that fixed later after the rain lets up."

He looks down at her and smiles "It's ok I don't mind, I like fixing things. It's what I'm good at." he said while hammering some more, without knowing he hammered his finger "OUCH...Son of a..." he stops and remembers their is a women present. "Sorry ma'am, I'll have this done in no time. Promise." he said holding on to his finger, he sliced his finger open but that didn't stop. he hammered and hammered, he took of his shirt because it was weighing him down because it was kinda wet, "So how was your bath, Duchess?" he asked her.

Reactions: 1 person
"It was fine," Duchess replied before reaching up to snatch his hand and then drag him down from the ladder.

She cradled his hand in hers and studied his injured finger, catching the blood spilling from it into her palm. She pulled him over to sit at the table that, thankfully, had not been caught under the hole that was created in the roof and had remained intact. She made him sit down while she rummaged around for some gauze and ointment. Taking his hand again, she gently cleaned the injury with great tenderness, her eyes soft as she concentrated on her work. She leaned rather close to him, but didn't notice the close distance as she applied the ointment and then began wrapping the injury up.

"You have to be careful, Clu," she told him in a soft voice, a small smile making it's way to her lips, "...Hehehe, now I'm glad I offered you a place to stay. Look at how easily you get hurt."

He chuckled when she started to wrap his finger up and said "Well I've been through worse, and thanks as well." he looked down and realized how close she was to him, and he smelt the smooth smell of her hair, and how smooth her touch was against his hands. She was beautiful indeed and polite in every way possible but he couldn't get into the way or start any mutal feelings "Keep yourself together, Clu." he said to himself. He smiled at her, hiding the pain in his finger. "Your really good at this." he said with a grin, "You should be my nurse when I'm sick or hurt" he realized what he said and kinda chuckled some more "Wow that kinda sounded wrong, sorry. My mind wonders from time to time especialy in the wrong places." he said once more and kept his mouth shut so he wouldn't say anything else that was stupid or peverted, "Idiot." he mumbled under his breath to himself.

"That's just the way humans are," Duchess mused with a playful smile, tying up his injured finger, "We're not perfect and we never will be, all we can do is just make the best of the way we are."

She cut the gauze and tied it to keep it secure. She smiled at him and placed her elbow on the table, propping her chin up in the palm of her hand.

"So, Clu, what brings you to our wayward village?"

"True, no one is perfect, but it only depends on their hearts and from the looks of it...you have a stong heart and that..right there...makes you perfect in every way possible." he said while looking at his hands with the gauze that was wrapped around it "Thanks.." he said while looking up at her and contuned, "..just traveling and came across this place and it's very beautiful, including the storms. Didn't expect to meet someone like you here." he said while looking into her eyes, "You have very beautiful eyes.." he said, realizing what he said he blushed and looked away at his hand "Sorry..my mind wonders. Should I continue on the roof? It's almost down." he said while getting up, he stretched his arms, flexing his stomach and his arms.

"It's okay that your mind wanders...mine does too, sometimes," Duchess replied with a small grin, standing up with him a little too closely.

She had meant for it to be a joke, but it came out too seriously and she mentally kicked herself. That didnt stop her from staring, though; staring at his chest and his abs and his arms. It didn't stop her from reaching out to touch his arm the way he touched her in the bath, even if it was by accident.

She pulled back and took a step away with a nervous laugh, "Sorry, that was uncalled for...please don't worry about the roof. I'll get it fixed."

"It's ok, Duchess as long as you don't touh my back with out my permisson then everything will be just fine.." he said with a grin and continue "..nah it's ok I can do this for you. You took me in so it's my turn to repay you back with anything you need." he said as he put his shirt back on and covering his back as quick as possible, he climbed the ladder with a hammer in hand, "You should go change into something more dry before you catch something. And if that happens then I'll have to take care of you." he said with a smirk and a wink. He began working on the roof being more careful this time.

Since he decided to work on the roof anyway, Duchess went up to her room and changed into a dry dress. She couldn't stop thinking about Clu, the dark haired, dark eyed stranger that seemed kind and handy. She smiled to herself.

"Maybe it'll be a nice change to have him around," she said quietly.

A few weeks later, it had stopped raining and the sun was peaking through the clouds. Duchess stepped out onto the porch and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

"So this is what it looks like without the Clouds surrounding the sky...it's beautiful. Coffe?" he said to her while walking on to the porch, "I don't beleive I thanked you enough for taking me and letting me stay a few week ago. But..um..thanks." he said smiling at her and scratching his head. "Want to go shopping for food and supplies?" he asked. "It could be fun..getting out of the house after a few weeks of not going anywhere, plus that'll give more time to get to know each othe and hang out. What do you say?" he smiled at her staring into her beautiful golden eyes hoping she would say yes.

Duchess smiled in gratitude as she took the cup of coffee from his hand and took a small sip, "Don't worry about thanking me; it's what I do, but I'm glad you asked 'cause I was planning on going into town anyway. I'm not sure how long this nice weather is going to last and we're running out of a lot of major supplies, like bread and cheese and the like. Perhaps you could even do a little exploring of our village. It's nothing grand, but there's always something new to discover. Besides, you might even find yourself a lady friend."

She winked playfully at him before turning at the sound of heavy boots thumping against the wooden floorboards of the porch. Three men came through the front door, all of them rather rough, mean and gruff looking, but they were actually three of the sweetest souls you would ever meet once you got to know them. They had been staying at the shelter for a while now and taking odd jobs around the village until they felt the need to move on with their journey once more. The dark-skinned woman smiled at the men and nodded her head.

"Good morning Marcos, Benny, Luthrex. Off for another job, gentlemen?" she asked them with a warm light in her eyes.

"That's right, Duch. Ms. Ludelli needs our help fixing up her shop after the last storm. Has a lot of heavy lifting to do, so we'll be back later tonight," a dark haired man, Luthrex, answered as he tipped his hat to their hostess.

Duchess chuckled, "Alright then, you guys be safe."

"Damn those guys are huge." he chuckled and he watched as the men walked off and he realized what Duchess said about him finding a Lady Friend and replied "Hahaha no I don't need that plus I live with you so that's more than enough I need." he said laughing at his smartass remark. "So what do we need when we are out, I have bread, cheese, what else. Oh and do you know where I may get some new clothes? Mine are kinda old and ragged." he said while pulling on his shirt that as a big hole on the side of his stomach.

He wondered if he could help around town but didn't know if the Village would trust him enough or like him so he asked "Hey do you think they might want a extra hand with Ms. Ludelli's shop?"

He looked up at the sky "Wow this is beautiful..." he said and continued "..just like you." he said as quietly as possible. And turned and look at her and smiled.

After his last comment, said so quietly that she thought she was hearing things, Duchess felt her cheeks heat up and she turned to watch the three men walk away to keep Clu from seeing her bashfullness.

"Um, I think we need flour and milk and yeast...probably some jugs of ale to keep the men happy," she rattled off a mental list to make sure that she didn't miss anything, already slipping on a pair of boots that she kept by the door as she prepared to go to town, "and while we're walking around, we'll stop by Vinny's store to get you some new clothes. He's very reasonable with the pricing, so I don't think you'll have much of a problem. As for helping the guys with Ms. Ludelli's shop, we can go by there and see if she needs the extra muscle. The people in the village are usually somewhat cautious of strangers, but once she talks to you and you flash her that beautiful smile of yours, she'll welcome you with open arms, haha."

She went to stand by Clu, donning a flowing blouse and a pair of brown shorts to enjoy the sun on her skin while she still had a chance; "I'm ready to go whenever you are, okay?" she told him with a grin, tying her hair into a low ponytail over her shoulder.

He noticed he cheeks turning red but didn't think it was anything he said, well hoping it wasn't so he wouldn't make a fool out of himself. He wrote down some stuff she said that they where going to need and smiled at the comment she made about his smile and blushed "Thanks." he said.

"Ok hold up, almost done!" he called out so she could hear him, putting on his shoes, he got up and grabbed his wallet to make sure he as all the money to pay for everything and then some. "OK I'm ready." he said smile wearing nothing but Cargo shorts, a un-button shirt and a white muscle shirt that showed his abs alittle. "So where to, Duchess?" he asked her as he brushed himself off makin sure he looked right and everything.

He noticed what she was wearing and she looked stunning in her outfit. "Wow." he said "You look amazing." he chuckled as he grinned. "You ready?" he said.